Democratic South Carolina Primary results thread (polls close @7pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 08:27:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic South Carolina Primary results thread (polls close @7pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: Democratic South Carolina Primary results thread (polls close @7pm ET)  (Read 44081 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: February 27, 2016, 08:08:07 PM »

Do these Clinton scores among Blacks indicate anything other than a personality cult ? Low information vote ? I mean dayum !

lol dude you are from France. Don't even think for one second you can comment on the choices black Americans make regarding politics.
I will surely make sure to ask for your permission to ask questions or post posts from now on.
Folks who lack answers to questions and don't want to answer questions attack. I don't have an answer to the question of the heavy lean of the African American vote in SC, but have a hypothesis that its a mix of things such as:

-General allegiance to the president and the Clintons
-The AA vote in SC being generally conservative, especially for the older generations, and thus seeing Sanders as unacceptable in comparison to Clinton
-Not super enthusiastic about Clinton but active voters who are generally ok with either candidate but default to the one they know better
-Notions of electability, ect (The Clintons won before, and we like winning, ect)

There's a lot going on, or perhaps less than one might think in a situation like this.

Where do you get this from? Black Americans love the Clintons. They want a continuation of the past 7 years of falling unemployment, rising wages, a growing economy, renewed focus on systematic racism and police reforms, etc.

Has the past 7 years been bad to black people, or minorities as a whole? Outside the deranged ravings of conservatives, has Obama's Presidency been bad for America? Our economy is stronger, wages rose faster than inflation last year and looks set to do it again, unemployment overall is 4.9%, black unemployment has fallen to near-2007 levels, our standing in the world has been repaird (who was SoS that helped do that? Not Sanders!), Osama bin Laden is dead (who is in that picture of the Situation Room next to Obama? Not Sanders!), mass troop deployments in Iraq and Syria are over (do you know how much of our military is minority?), 91% of Americans are covered by private health insurance or Medicaid, etc.

Black people don't care about who is the "most progressive", they care about who can do the most for them and who can deliever on that. They don't care about that stupid label war. The last time black incomes and household wealth rose a meaningful amount was 1997-2000, when Bill Clinton was President. Despite all the ravings about how awful the Clintons were to black Americans from Sanders' mostly white supporters, that doesn't line up with what black Americans have actually experienced.

Sanders offers black Americans nothing except tought talk on Wall Street and big dreams on healthcare when they're already satisfied with what progress has been made. They have loved the Obama Presidency, and Hillary (a figure they love as well) is promising a continuation.

Many probably made up their minds a long, long time ago. Buzz about Hillary running for President began in the early-2000s after she was elected to the Senate, and in 2008 she had a majority of black support until Obama was able to convince them he was the better candidate. They probably knew they were voting for her in 2016 as far back as 2009.

The real question is why should black Americans vote for Sanders? What does he offer them? Pie-in-the-sky plans to turn America into Europe? A record of criticizing President Obama? Token endorsements from a black rapper and a whacko professor?

Black Americans are fiercely loyal to the Democratic Party and the establishment because the establishment has been good to them.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #351 on: February 27, 2016, 08:08:11 PM »

Congratulations to Hillary for her nomination. I hope she will be a better candidate than I think she will be.
^ This.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #352 on: February 27, 2016, 08:08:36 PM »

Honestly, I don't see the reason why black people would vote for anybody other than TRUMP.

Clinton regularly made racially charged attacks on Obama, our greatest president, during the 2008 campaign. It is clear that she is no true friend of African-Americans.

Sanders moved away from Brooklyn because Brooklyn had too many African-Americans for his white supremacist ideals. He moved to the whitest part of the country.

Also, notice the fact that Black Lives Matter has protested Sanders and Clinton events, but never TRUMP events.

He flees Brooklyn because it has too many blacks but then helps Jesse Jackson win the Vermont caucus? OK.

Jesse Jackson is a communist just like Sanders, so he could easily make an exception. The facts are, Sanders moved away to the whitest part of the country so he could influence them with his white supremacism/communism.

But first he was a civil rights leader for desegregation in Chicago? OK.

Opinions can change, friend.

Stop... You're embarrassing him.

Jfern's already embarrassed himself far too much to be embarrassed by this.

Ugh, you people are terrible.

You people are terrible for supporting white supremacists. You must be using all of your willpower not to start screaming about white genocide.

Go away, troll.

I'm not a troll. I, personally, am hoping that you are a troll.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #353 on: February 27, 2016, 08:08:50 PM »

Congrats, President Clinton.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #354 on: February 27, 2016, 08:08:54 PM »

Well some more of Anderson County just came in and it definitely isn't going for Sanders...

Sad
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #355 on: February 27, 2016, 08:09:01 PM »

Wow what a trashing! Bernie's support is crumbling!

This bodes well for Clinton. Somehow I don't "feel the Bern" on ST! Smiley
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #356 on: February 27, 2016, 08:10:08 PM »

I think now I understand why Sanders isn't even contesting 6 southern states on Super Tuesday.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #357 on: February 27, 2016, 08:10:28 PM »

It looks like Hillary will win every county.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #358 on: February 27, 2016, 08:11:05 PM »

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #359 on: February 27, 2016, 08:11:12 PM »

Do these Clinton scores among Blacks indicate anything other than a personality cult ? Low information vote ? I mean dayum !

lol dude you are from France. Don't even think for one second you can comment on the choices black Americans make regarding politics.
I will surely make sure to ask for your permission to ask questions or post posts from now on.
Folks who lack answers to questions and don't want to answer questions attack. I don't have an answer to the question of the heavy lean of the African American vote in SC, but have a hypothesis that its a mix of things such as:

-The AA vote in SC being generally conservative, especially for the older generations, and thus seeing Sanders as unacceptable in comparison to Clinton
-Not super enthusiastic about Clinton but active voters who are generally ok with either candidate but default to the one they know better
-Notions of electability, ect (The Clintons won before, and we like winning, ect)

There's a lot going on, or perhaps less than one might think in a situation like this.

Where do you get this from? Black Americans love the Clintons. They want a continuation of the past 7 years of falling unemployment, rising wages, a growing economy, renewed focus on systematic racism and police reforms, etc.

Has the past 7 years been bad to black people, or minorities as a whole? Outside the deranged ravings of conservatives, has Obama's Presidency been bad for America? Our economy is stronger, wages rose faster than inflation last year and looks set to do it again, unemployment overall is 4.9%, black unemployment has fallen to near-2007 levels, our standing in the world has been repaird (who was SoS that helped do that? Not Sanders!), Osama bin Laden is dead (who is in that picture of the Situation Room next to Obama? Not Sanders!), mass troop deployments in Iraq and Syria are over (do you know how much of our military is minority?), 91% of Americans are covered by private health insurance or Medicaid, etc.

Black people don't care about who is the "most progressive", they care about who can do the most for them and who can deliever on that. They don't care about that stupid label war. The last time black incomes and household wealth rose a meaningful amount was 1997-2000, when Bill Clinton was President. Despite all the ravings about how awful the Clintons were to black Americans from Sanders' mostly white supporters, that doesn't line up with what black Americans have actually experienced.

Sanders offers black Americans nothing except tought talk on Wall Street and big dreams on healthcare when they're already satisfied with what progress has been made. They have loved the Obama Presidency, and Hillary (a figure they love as well) is promising a continuation.

Many probably made up their minds a long, long time ago. Buzz about Hillary running for President began in the early-2000s after she was elected to the Senate, and in 2008 she had a majority of black support until Obama was able to convince them he was the better candidate. They probably knew they were voting for her in 2016 as far back as 2009.

The real question is why should black Americans vote for Sanders? What does he offer them? Pie-in-the-sky plans to turn America into Europe? A record of criticizing President Obama? Token endorsements from a black rapper and a whacko professor?

Black Americans are fiercely loyal to the Democratic Party and the establishment because the establishment has been good to them.

Damn.....shut this thread down.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #360 on: February 27, 2016, 08:11:46 PM »

Pickens county appears to be the best county for Sanders so far. . . .
Pickens country is the whitest. It makes sense that it will be the best county for Sanders.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #361 on: February 27, 2016, 08:12:11 PM »

LOL @ CNN rn
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #362 on: February 27, 2016, 08:12:25 PM »

New signature. Just reminding African-Americans that both Sanders and Clinton would bring back slavery if they could.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #363 on: February 27, 2016, 08:12:42 PM »

Not watching, did Van Jones have a mental breakdown?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #364 on: February 27, 2016, 08:12:46 PM »

If this and Tuesday really are the end of Sanders' campaign (and as I've said, I don't think we can conclude that just yet), I'd urge Clinton supporters not to get too cocky. Clinton has her work cut out for her. Say what you will about Sanders supporters, but she needs them to win a GE. Not 70-80%, nearly ALL of them and then some to beat Trump. The Republican establishment massively underestimated Trump, and waited until it was too late to try and stop him. Democrats can't make the same mistake.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #365 on: February 27, 2016, 08:13:35 PM »

What's happening?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #366 on: February 27, 2016, 08:14:02 PM »

yyep

Anyway, three counties are 100% in right now and all have gone >80% Clinton.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #367 on: February 27, 2016, 08:14:16 PM »

Almost 90% of the black vote and she won the white vote. Jesus.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #368 on: February 27, 2016, 08:14:22 PM »

Good job Clemson for being the only pollster to come close to the actual result.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #369 on: February 27, 2016, 08:14:29 PM »

Did Bernie Sanders recently come out as a disciple of David Duke, or something?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #370 on: February 27, 2016, 08:14:36 PM »

That was exactly the kind of answer I was asking for, thanks for having made it, it apparently wasn't so difficult after all. I now see things more clearly.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #371 on: February 27, 2016, 08:15:03 PM »

Good job Clemson for being the only pollster to come close to the actual result.

They were the only ones who bothered to poll after NV and the Clyburn endorsement. Still extraordinary though.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #372 on: February 27, 2016, 08:16:15 PM »

Did Bernie Sanders recently come out as a disciple of David Duke, or something?

Both Hillary and Bernie don't need to announce that; I already know that they both greatly admire David Duke.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #373 on: February 27, 2016, 08:18:43 PM »

I'm not guessing it will be a Clintonslide. I'm just amazed that you're so confident someone like Trump will win.

So am I. I'm not totally confident that he will win (his biggest obstacles are demographics and the media) and two months ago I thought that he would lose in a yuge landslide, but I've realized that he might be the best chance the Republicans have. Rubio and Cruz are not going to win this election and Kasich isn't winning the nomination (unfortunately). People have been underestimating Trump for so long now, I don't expect that to change during the GE campaign.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #374 on: February 27, 2016, 08:19:22 PM »

Wow.
The numbers so far (46% reporting) indicate a huge win for Hillary.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies