Virginia megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:35:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Virginia megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 58
Poll
Question: Would Democrats be driving Northam from office for his Yearbook Page if the Lt. Gov was a Republican?
Yes, of course, they're Massive FFs

No, of course; they're not going to let a Republican undo what they've accomplished.

They'd be deeply divided on the issue.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Virginia megathread  (Read 69206 times)
UncleSam

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: February 04, 2019, 02:36:05 PM »

Sorry so just to be clear if it is uncorroborated against Fairfax it’s a non-story but if it’s uncorroborated against Kavanaugh we all get to call him a rapist and destroy his life, right?

Where "uncorroborated" = documented and described years before to others, who documented the conversations, and "destroy his life" = give him a lifetime seat to the Supreme Court on an almost party-line vote despite rampant perjury... cry me a river, Uncle Sam.
un·cor·rob·o·rat·ed
adjective: uncorroborated
not confirmed or supported by other evidence or information.
"the unreliability of uncorroborated confessions"

What part of this is difficult to understand. Uncorroborated has a precise meaning and Blasey-Ford's testimony is literally exactly that definition. It is unsupported by any external evidence. Repeating the same story over time does not make an uncorroborated story a corroborated one. It does make it more believable.

Uncorroborated does not mean false. Uncorroborated doesn't even mean unbelievable.

It does mean that we can't take it at face value, at least in my opinion. I am applying this view consistently to Fairfax, and believe that he should not resign over this uncorroborated allegation.

I was, however, noting the rampant partisan hypocrisy on this forum with regard to the proper response to uncorroborated allegations.

And Democrats absolutely tried to destroy his life. That they failed, as you noted, on a party-line vote does not make it less of a hypocritical stance to take when it comes to Fairfax.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #501 on: February 04, 2019, 02:36:07 PM »

Fairfax is innocent, is doesn't take a genius to figure this out.
If we find out northam is responsible for this false allegation being leaked, he needs to be prosecuted
Thatkat04
« Reply #502 on: February 04, 2019, 02:42:49 PM »

This is definitely a he said, she said situation which is a problem. The only way I see Fairfax going is if more women come out and accuse him.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #503 on: February 04, 2019, 02:46:55 PM »

Fairfax was unwise to reference wapo and claim they found red flags when they didn’t

Now people know there was potentially a story
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #504 on: February 04, 2019, 02:47:31 PM »

Fairfax was unwise to reference wapo and claim they found red flags when they didn’t

Now people know there was potentially a story

This.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #505 on: February 04, 2019, 02:48:23 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2019, 03:10:06 PM by Senator Zaybay »

Sadly, there is really no proof towards either side, so this really is just a "He said, She said".

And, if it is just "He said, She said", then this will end up like Kavanaugh, and Fairfax will likely either stay as Lt. Gov, or be promoted to Governor.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #506 on: February 04, 2019, 02:49:45 PM »

Oh my God. Watching fuzzy and katharina twist themselves into knots having to create hypotheticals because Democrats are actually walking the walk when one of their own commits misconduct they criticized Republicans for... Beautiful

Here comes Badger again, showing himself as the staunch liberal Democrat that he is. You haven't bothered to answer the question either.

Your posts are so ridiculously predictable , that you failed to notice I posted not one, but two answers in this page and 1/2 thread alone. Fail.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #507 on: February 04, 2019, 03:09:18 PM »

Maybe herring is paying this women in a coup to gain power
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #508 on: February 04, 2019, 03:20:38 PM »

Watching these clowns tear each other down is the best thing I have seen this year so far.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #509 on: February 04, 2019, 03:24:21 PM »

Has to be some anti-LGBT stuff. That would round it up and we've gotten racism, sexism and homophobia.

The next in line is obviously a Republican (Speaker of the House); maybe he has something with xenophobia.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #510 on: February 04, 2019, 03:36:05 PM »

The difference is that Dr. Ford's attempted rape allegations were extremely credible and more likely than not true, as were a second woman's (Deborah Ramirez was her name IIRC) sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh.  There's a big difference between saying a would-be rapist facing extremely credible allegations of both attempted rape and sexual assault does not belong on the Supreme Court and making up false allegations to try to smear a political opponent.

Many of Dr. Ford's allegations were unfounded or were discredited, to say nothing of the holes in the allegations made by both Deborah Ramirez and Julie Swetnick, especially Swetnick.

Well founded allegations versus non credible allegations art related to Party politics. You really are a hack.

My views over the Kavanaugh hearings have changed over the past few months. While I still think that Trump should have pulled his nomination and put forth Kethledge or Hardiman in Kavanaugh's place, I also believe that there was a serious rush to judgment in the matter.

Dr. Ford and Deborah Ramirez’s allegations were both extremely credible and in no way discredited.  If you think otherwise, please post specific, non-op-ed evidence to support your claims from credible sources.  The Swatnick stuff was likely a false allegation, but no one took her claims that seriously for more than like half-a-day and they’re also irrelevant given that I didn’t even bring them up.  Just b/c C is not true, doesn’t mean A or B aren’t true.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #511 on: February 04, 2019, 03:55:26 PM »

Oh my God. Watching fuzzy and katharina twist themselves into knots having to create hypotheticals because Democrats are actually walking the walk when one of their own commits misconduct they criticized Republicans for... Beautiful

Here comes Badger again, showing himself as the staunch liberal Democrat that he is. You haven't bothered to answer the question either.

Your posts are so ridiculously predictable , that you failed to notice I posted not one, but two answers in this page and 1/2 thread alone. Fail.

Your responses deflected from the question at hand, trying to pin the blame on Republicans for this disaster.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #512 on: February 04, 2019, 03:58:29 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #513 on: February 04, 2019, 04:00:45 PM »

Why do some politicans give such sh*ty responses that make things worse? Both have handled their respective issues not properly.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #514 on: February 04, 2019, 04:01:40 PM »

Did Project Veritas came up with this?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #515 on: February 04, 2019, 04:02:22 PM »

The difference is that Dr. Ford's attempted rape allegations were extremely credible and more likely than not true, as were a second woman's (Deborah Ramirez was her name IIRC) sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh.  There's a big difference between saying a would-be rapist facing extremely credible allegations of both attempted rape and sexual assault does not belong on the Supreme Court and making up false allegations to try to smear a political opponent.

Many of Dr. Ford's allegations were unfounded or were discredited, to say nothing of the holes in the allegations made by both Deborah Ramirez and Julie Swetnick, especially Swetnick.

Well founded allegations versus non credible allegations art related to Party politics. You really are a hack.

My views over the Kavanaugh hearings have changed over the past few months. While I still think that Trump should have pulled his nomination and put forth Kethledge or Hardiman in Kavanaugh's place, I also believe that there was a serious rush to judgment in the matter.

Dr. Ford and Deborah Ramirez’s allegations were both extremely credible and in no way discredited.  If you think otherwise, please post specific, non-op-ed evidence to support your claims from credible sources.  The Swatnick stuff was likely a false allegation, but no one took her claims that seriously for more than like half-a-day and they’re also irrelevant given that I didn’t even bring them up.  Just b/c C is not true, doesn’t mean A or B aren’t true.

I would refer you to the memo written by the prosecutor who questioned Dr. Ford: https://static.politico.com/28/7f/80157df74b96bb352b10f8b7aa66/09-30-18-mitchell-memo-ford-allegations.pdf.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #516 on: February 04, 2019, 04:05:00 PM »

It would be much more careful, and much slower. I do think that he would be called to resign, to which its his choice on whether he does or not, but thats really the big shift. Instead of a flood, its a slower flow.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #517 on: February 04, 2019, 04:06:58 PM »

Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #518 on: February 04, 2019, 04:16:46 PM »

Grab your popcorn folks.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #519 on: February 04, 2019, 04:18:08 PM »

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #520 on: February 04, 2019, 04:20:51 PM »

This is insane.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #521 on: February 04, 2019, 04:22:12 PM »

Color me skeptical, but if this is true and Northam is behind it... this would be huge and almost Frank Underwood territory.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #522 on: February 04, 2019, 04:24:56 PM »

What a sh**tshow in the commonwealth
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #523 on: February 04, 2019, 04:33:28 PM »

Wow.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #524 on: February 04, 2019, 04:34:59 PM »

My favorite part is Fairfax’s humblebrag about her being “VERY interested in me”.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies