Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:53:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35
Poll
Question: Is she a good candidate?
Yes

No

HAHA LOL NO

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 234

Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 38235 times)
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: February 05, 2019, 05:22:45 PM »

LOL. He could sink a few other Democratic contenders by supporting them as well...

Tusli is officially the meme candidate, especially with Ojeda out.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2019, 08:34:56 PM »

Oh please, Tulsi has backed our Israeli alliance multiple times. She simply doesn’t endorse Israeli human rights abuses and look past them like most republicans and many democrats.

https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics/Democratic-presidential-contender-Gabbard-supports-and-criticizes-Israel-577149

As for why a deranged racist like duke does the things he does, don’t ask me. But his endorsement of a socially progressive WoC running for president is hilarious, and if he’s saying that we should put Americans first (before overseas interventionist wars) then even a horribly broken clock is right twice a day.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2019, 11:48:33 AM »

Gabbard: "Assad is not an enemy of the United States":

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/428725-gabbard-assad-is-not-an-enemy-of-the-united-states

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2019, 01:10:32 PM »

She's from the School of Reaganite Foreign Policy.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2019, 03:40:45 PM »

Gabbard: "Assad is not an enemy of the United States":

She is right. He is an enemy of the entire human race.
bilaps
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2019, 03:49:02 PM »

She's right. What did Assad ever do to US? I watched this segment on Morning Joe, and I thought even though she's right, her answers weren't. She should articulate better her answers.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2019, 03:52:19 PM »

Tulsi on Duke's support:

"I have strongly denounced David Duke's hateful views and his so-called 'support' multiple times in the past, and reject his support. Publicizing Duke's so-called 'endorsement' is meant to distract from my message: that I will end regime-change wars, work to end the new cold war and take us away from the precipice of a nuclear war, which is a greater danger now than ever before."

Other tidbit: "Duke later called on Trump in November 2016 to pick Gabbard as his secretary of State, an endorsement the Hawaii Democrat also rejected.

"U didn't know I'm Polynesian/Cauc? Dad couldn't use 'whites only' water fountain. No thanks. Ur white nationalism is pure evil," she tweeted at the time."

Link: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/428533-david-duke-endorses-tulsi-gabbard-for-president?amp
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2019, 03:54:41 PM »

I like her approach to foreign policy regarding non-interventionism, and she has a good solid message. I am not sure why it doesn't appeal to more Democrats on this forum.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2019, 04:02:08 PM »

I like her approach to foreign policy regarding non-interventionism, and she has a good solid message. I am not sure why it doesn't appeal to more Democrats on this forum.

Because she shills for America’s enemies.  Also, more isolationism is the last thing America needs right now.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2019, 04:03:52 PM »

Because she shills for America’s enemies.  Also, more isolationism is the last thing America needs right now.

Not isolationism, non-interventionism. I really think our foreign policy is whack, with all the constant meddling in foreign governments and "installing" new ones. Iran was a disaster of unmitigated proportions, and that's just one of many disastrous meddling bundles.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2019, 04:05:08 PM »

Not isolationism, non-interventionism. I really think our foreign policy is whack, with all the constant meddling in foreign governments and "installing" new ones. Iran was a disaster of unmitigated proportions, and that's just one of many disastrous meddling bundles.

She's not anti-interventionist, she's pro-Putin. She praised Russia's meddling in Syria.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2019, 04:05:39 PM »

Opposing our pro ISIS foreign policy doesn't mean you are an isolationist.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2019, 04:07:15 PM »

She's not anti-interventionist, she's pro-Putin. She praised Russia's meddling in Syria.

Sources please
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2019, 04:14:56 PM »

Sources please

"Gabbard has been opposed to foreign military intervention and even appeared on Fox News to critique the Obama administration’s approach to foreign policy and praise Russian leader Vladimir Putin. “Al-Qaeda attacked us on 9/11 and must be defeated,” she tweeted at the time. “Obama won’t bomb them in Syria. Putin did. #neverforget911”

Source: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/tulsi-gabbard-presidential-race-778343/amp/
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2019, 04:25:09 PM »

Sources please

"Gabbard has been opposed to foreign military intervention and even appeared on Fox News to critique the Obama administration’s approach to foreign policy and praise Russian leader Vladimir Putin. “Al-Qaeda attacked us on 9/11 and must be defeated,” she tweeted at the time. “Obama won’t bomb them in Syria. Putin did. #neverforget911”

Source: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/tulsi-gabbard-presidential-race-778343/amp/

I hated much of Obama's foreign policy, btw, but the way some of her observations are worded deserve further scrutiny. I'll evaluate. Thanks for sharing.
James Monroe

« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2019, 04:28:32 PM »

Gabbard is a phony when it comes to foreign policy. I'm not going to reiterate the connection to Assad and Putin, she's voted for defense increases and had been helped with the backing of the Pentagon.
bilaps
« Reply #266 on: February 06, 2019, 04:48:20 PM »

Defense spending and foreign wars are two different things of course. She has constantly been a voice against regime change wars.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #267 on: February 06, 2019, 05:02:03 PM »

Because she shills for America’s enemies.  Also, more isolationism is the last thing America needs right now.

The moment you called her an isolationist you lost all credibility, not that you had much on the subject before.

Gabbard is a non interventionist, not even close to isolationism.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #268 on: February 06, 2019, 05:03:17 PM »

She’s so pro Putin she’s voted for multiple aid efforts for the Ukraine and condemned Russia over Crimea multiple times!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #269 on: February 06, 2019, 05:06:10 PM »

Because everything worked out so well with Iraq when we did things in that fashion.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #270 on: February 06, 2019, 05:22:06 PM »

Because everything worked out so well with Iraq when we did things in that fashion.
http://wiki.c2.com/?FalseDichotomy
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #271 on: February 06, 2019, 05:25:31 PM »

Her reaction to this will be a good show of whether she had the political instincts of a stupid brick, or merely a normal brick.

It seems the answer is 'normal brick' for now, although it was close: unequivocal denouncements are good, tangents about how this is all a conspiracy to district from her foreign policy are less good.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #272 on: February 06, 2019, 05:29:50 PM »

It isn't.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #273 on: February 06, 2019, 05:40:01 PM »

It isn't.

So the only two possible foreign policies in 2003 were isolationism and invading Iraq? Every single Iraq War opponent was an isolationist?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #274 on: February 06, 2019, 07:18:24 PM »

Again, imagine if Kamala Harris or Gillibrand were endorsed by Bill Kristol. Bernie bros would have teared them apart as bloodthirsty hawks and tools of the military/industrial complex.
But when he endorses our beloved anti-estabishment Tulsi it's Wednesday evening.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies