The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:11:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 104315 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: October 10, 2018, 12:33:29 AM »

President Romney signs the instrument of ratification of the new climate change treaty

Romney: Thank You, Thank You. Today is a very important day because finally after years of debate we can finally move on to implementing a solution to mitigate the effects of climate change. This treaty was approved by countries all across the world including nations like China, and Russia meaning not one country will pay a higher price than another and we have been able to mainly stick to our free market principles in writing this agreement so I would say this deal will help our world both environmentally and economically. Before I sign this instrument which will officially make this agreement a US treaty I want to thank the Senate for the quickly voting tor ratify this and I also want to thank them for all the hard work they have done over the past 8 years in helping our nation make the necessary reforms we needed to make our nation and the world a better place. So before we conclude the final signing ceremony of this administration  I want to say Thank You.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #876 on: October 10, 2018, 01:11:55 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2018, 11:06:30 AM by Old School Republican »

Romney's Final Interview as President:

Megyn Kelly: As you walk down this alley to the Oval Office do you still get the same awe you had when you first walked down it 8 years ago.

Romney: Whenever I walk down this alley, I always get that feeling of awe as this place as this place as being the centerpiece of making history just not in the US but in the world.

Kelly: As you may know Presidential Rankings have come out and you are ranked anywhere as high as number 6 of all time to number 8 all times. What is your reaction to being mentioned in same sentence as Presidents such as Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower and Truman

Romney: Well it is an honor for me to be considered in the same sentence as Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower , and Truman . My goal though never was to be ranked in top 8 but to make all the necessary Reforms to make our nation a stronger place in the 21st century.

Kelly: What is your most proudest legislative accomplishment

Romney: Its hard to say but I would say Healthcare and the Budget Amendment because the fact is in my opinion our healthcare system was a disgrace for so many years and the fact that we were able to implement a system which would reduce costs and improve quality at the same time is a very important reform for our nation. The Budget Reform is also important as it will guarantee the government will stay within our means in non recessionary times or non war times.

Kelly: Do you think President-Elect Portman can be more successful than you and what do you think about his cabinet

Romney: Of Course I think he can be a better President than I was an I hope he is because if he is our nation will be far more prosperous at the end of his presidency than it is now. One thing i am optimistic about is his cabinet and you have very competent people in important roles. For example Senator Bob Corker was a great head of Senate foreign relations and I have no doubt he will make a great Secretary of State, and Jamie Dimon is one of the smartest people out there on financial issues so I have no doubt our nation will be in great hands.

PRESIDENT STANTON II
Rookie
United States

« Reply #877 on: October 10, 2018, 05:03:12 AM »

Shouldn't that be President-elect Portman and not President-elect Romney?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #878 on: October 10, 2018, 11:06:44 AM »

Shouldn't that be President-elect Portman and not President-elect Romney?

Yup
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #879 on: October 10, 2018, 12:35:54 PM »

President Romney's farewell address:

Romney: My Fellow Americans, tonight will be the last opportunity I will have to speak to you from the oval office as your President. It has been the honor of my life to have the opportunity to represent this great nation as your President and its been an honor to work with great people such as Vice President Portman, my cabinet secretaries, my advisors and other white house staff over the past 8 years to help our nation become a greater nation than it ever has in the past.

When I was first elected President 8 years ago , people wondered whether our nation could reach the heights that we once did and whether we had already peaked and my answer to that was no our nation still can be greater than it ever has been before. I knew it would not be easy as we faced many problems from an economy in the worst shape it had been in decades, our budget deficits being over a trillion dollars, our healthcare system being broken, our nation being more and more dependent on middle eastern oil and the world seemingly getting more and more unstable but I knew we could overcome them as we had overcome far worse in our past . Today our economy is more prosperous than it ever has been in the past, the uninsured rate is at a record low, we have guaranteed our budget situation will never be as bad as it was then , and the world is more stable than it ever was and I am hopeful that despite all of this we still havent peaked and our great nation of ours can still reach its promise of being better for the next generation that it was for the previous one.

I do want to thank members of both parties in Congress as we wouldnt have been able to do any of those things without the hard work they put in passing those bills. I also want to thank the American people because at the end of the day it was not Congress or I who created all those jobs it was the American people and because of the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and our consumers our nation economy was able to boom as much as it did. Now people may ask how can our nation get even better than it is now and I want to leave here by giving some advice.

One we have to understand that not every problem can be solved by the President or the Federal Government. Change starts right at home when you teach your children the values that make our nation so great and by working with you community to solving problems in your own community. Another piece of advice I would give is to demand that your representatives not just at the federal level, but at the state and local level work to solve problems with long-term solutions and not let them get away with short-term solutions because at the end of the day short-term solutions don't solve our problems they just delay them and when they begin to show again it will be worse than it was before.

It is my belief if we all hold our leaders accountable to that standard our nation's best days will still have its best days ahead of us.

Thank You, God Bless You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #880 on: October 10, 2018, 12:43:33 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2018, 03:44:00 PM by Old School Republican »

Romney's Final Approval Rating and some other polls:

Romney's Approval Rating:

Approve: 68%(+8%)
Disapprove: 31%(-7%)
No Opinion : 1%(-1%)

John King: Good economic news , the London climate accords and the fact that he is an outgoing president made his approvals go up among Democrats recently

President-Elect Portman Approval:

Approve: 58%
Disapprove: 23%
No Opinion : 19%

John King : His approval is around where most Presidents are when being first elected, but his disapproval is higher than most President-Elect mainly due to the fact that he has already been Vice President for 8 years . For example 8 years ago Romney was at 67-13 at and by April 5th he was at 58-30 which is high but a clear sign of the honeymoon going away, so looking at these early numbers his first year will likely be bumpier than Romney's first year was.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #881 on: October 11, 2018, 01:01:23 AM »

Rob Portman's Inaugural Address:

Portman: Chief Justice Roberts, Vice President Haley, members of Congress, distinguished guests and my fellow Americans:

On this day every 4 years, prescribed by our constitution we celebrate the wisdom of our founders in creating a nation where the people not a group of Aristocrats or Monarchs decide the direction in which our nation will go(Applause), and in every 4 or 8 years we celebrate the peaceful transition of power from one President to another(Applause). In doing so I want to thank President Romney for all the wonderful things you have accomplished for our great nation(Applause), and I want to let you know that the nation and I will always be grateful for the hard work you put in to help make our nation as prosperous as it is today(Applause).

Today we gather here in a nation and in a world which while in better shape than it ever was before still has many challenges to face if we want to guarantee our children that they can inherit a better world than we are currently live in. We first must continue to make sure our nation can become energy independent over the next 5 years so we wont be as reliant on foreign oil as we are and help solve our climate change crises at the same time(Applause). We must reform our outdated tort system which hampers economic growth and we must stay vigilant all around the world to make sure threats to our freedom cant become powerful.

Just like at home its easier to solve a problem when it is a small problem than when it becomes a large problem , we must solve our problems now before negative consequences from not solving those problems start to appear(Appluase). While they may not be easy we have solved much tougher problems in our history and just in this past decade so we can and we will overcome these problems as well(Applause).

Thank You, May God Bless You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #882 on: October 11, 2018, 01:07:02 AM »

Now Former President Romney arrives back in Utah and is greeted by crowds of supporters

Wolf Blitzer: Now lets go over to Salt Lake City Utah where Former President Romney has just arrived after flying in Air Force one for the final time. He will spend a few months here and vacationing in other areas around the globe before flying back to his home in Boston.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #883 on: October 11, 2018, 01:15:06 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2018, 01:19:08 AM by Old School Republican »

2021 version of CSPAN's Top 15 Presidential Rankings:

1. Abraham Lincoln(1861-1865)
2. George Washington(1789-1797)
3. Franklin D. Roosevelt(1933-1945)
4. Theodore Roosevelt(1901-1909)
5. Harry S. Truman(1945-1953)
6. Thomas Jefferson(1801-1809)
7. Mitt Romney(2013-2021)
8. Dwight Eisenhower(1953-1961)
9. John F. Kennedy(1961-1963)
10. Ronald Reagan(1981-1989)
11. Lyndon B. Johnson(1963-1969)
12. Woodrow Wilson(1913-1921)
13. James Monroe(1817-1825)
14. Bill Clinton(1993-2001)
15. James K. Polk(1845-1849)

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #884 on: October 11, 2018, 01:22:43 AM »

Here is the OTL version of the CSPAN Presidential ranking's if anyone wants to know:https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurvey2017/?page=overall
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #885 on: October 11, 2018, 02:34:41 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2018, 02:58:40 AM by Old School Republican »

Epilogue Part 1: The Portman Administration

Rob Portman the longtime Washington Insider and Policy Hawk had finally moved all the way up the ranks to become President of the United States. Like George HW Bush 32 years prior and Harry Truman 76 years prior he would be tasked in cementing the legacy of his predecessor while attempting to create a legacy of his own. The first goal of the new President agenda was to implement tort reform an issue he campaigned heavily for during the campaign faced many stumbling  blocks in the Senate but the President was able to use his political capital to successfully get it passed by July of 2021 and then quickly pass another round of an energy reform bill . By August it seemed like the new President was on pace to create his own legacy would face a challenge nobody expected to happen: the crash of China's economy.

The crash of China's economy would send world markets into turmoil and many economies around the world including the US into recession as well. The biggest potential problem of the crises was averted in December of 2011 when President Rob Portman and California Governor Gavin Newsom would agree on a deal which would loan the State of California much of the money they would have received from China to help the state of California economy stay afloat after a major hit to one of its biggest trading partner which then would avoid a repeat of the 2009 Budget Crises . This deal while helping avert a major recession would not stop the US from having a recession similar to the one in the early 1990s . Due to this the Republicans would lose 51 House Seats and 8 Senate Seats during the 2022 Midterm Elections which would give the Democrats control of both houses of Congress.

The next 2 years would be dominated by gridlock as not much would be accomplished from either side other than a compromise Big Tech Regulatory Bill and by the spring of 2024 Portman's reelection hopes seemed to be DOA but due to the growing economy and the President running a campaign attacking the US Congress for being do nothing ala Truman in 1948 he was able to surprise all pundits on election day and win a very narrow Electoral Victory(While losing the popular vote) against Democratic Candidate Cory Booker but the Republicans would fail to take back either house of congress.

The next term would begin with good news with the North and South Koreans agreeing to become less hostile to each other but would become short-lived due to the Syrian Government deciding to Invade Jordan. This would force the US and UN to once again get involved in a middle eastern war despite not wanting to do so many years and the Syrian Invasion would be repealed and while their government would be forced to surrender but thanks to Russian Interventionism at the last minute the Syrian Government was able to receive more favorable terms then they otherwise would have received. The win in the war though would increase the President's popularity and growing economy would help his party only suffer minor defeats in the 2026 midterm but despite the President really was only able to cement the Romney agenda and his agenda from the first year instead of move on to new reforms he would like to pass.

Due to another tough two years, party fatigue after 16 years of Republicans in the White House, and a minor recession in mid 2028 would result in Democratic Candidate Jim Hood easily beating Vice President Nikki Haley in the 2028 election giving the Democrats the White House for the first time in 16 years along with the Democrats making a 5 seat gain in the senate Going from 52 to 57 senators and a gain of 21 seats in the House going from 233 to 254 house representatives. After spending 16 long years outside of office, the Democrats have finally won back control of the White House and also have the trifecta , but the question people are asking is the election result an end of the Romney Era or just a Presidency resembling Eisenhower's Presidency, which was a President from a minority party governing from the middle and by the rules set up by the Majority Party.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #886 on: October 11, 2018, 02:36:32 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2018, 02:51:41 AM by Old School Republican »

There will be two more parts of the Epilogue :

The next part will be about the Jim Hood Presidency

and the 3rd part will be the final chapter in the Romney era of Politics before the nation enters a new political era
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #887 on: October 11, 2018, 10:02:15 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2018, 10:02:09 AM by Old School Republican »

Epilogue Part 2: Democrats return to the White House

On January 20th 2029, former Mississippi Governor Jim Hood took the oath of office becoming the first Democrat to become President in 16 years, and along with the White House President Hood would have large majorities in both houses of Congress signaling to some in his inner circle that he had the mandate to move the nation away from the Romney era and into a new direction. The first thing the new President had to do was deal with a recession triggered by a crash in the Nasdaq.  The President in his first state of the union message would ask Congress to give him the power to reign in the Power of Big Tech and AI to avoid a potential bigger crash in the future and that move would immediately unite the vast majority of the Republican Party along with many Democrats to oppose the move and would cause his initial efforts to pass such bills fail. President Hood inability to pass such a bill would cause his popularity to drop  and while eventually a watered down version of the original bill would pass the damage was already done both to his popularity and the popularity of his party.

In an attempt to regain momentum the President and the Democrats would pass a minimum wage increase, and other labor laws but it would only temporarily boost the president's approvals as the seemingly worsening stabilization situation in Cuba along with many stories of infighting among White House staff would dominate headlines and complicate matters for him even more. By the Summer of 2030 it very much was looking like both Houses of Congress would be lost for the Democrats but the Fall of 2030 right before the midterms would be dominated by the fight over replacing Chief Justice John Roberts and the fact that the court now was down to 2 liberals would help energize the liberal base and he would succeed and the Courts Balance now would have 4 Conservatives, 3 Liberals and 2 Judges who Tilt Conservatives(Sandoval and one other). While the Democrats still would lose the House in the midterm elections , the Senate would remain in their hands as the Republicans were only able to get 6 of the 8 seats they needed for a majority. One big change though would be the state of California which would see Republicans win the Governor's office for the first time in 24 years, the Senate Seat for the first time in 42 years , win a few statewide offices for first time in Decades and come close to taking control of Assembly as well. This change was mostly attributed to the backlash the people of California had against the Hood Admisntration aggressive action against the tech industry.  

The President reacted to these results by explaining his willingness to work with the Republicans over the next two years. One issue the President worked with he Republicans in Congress was to pass the proposed 20 week abortion amendment, a compromise which would take the divisive issue of the table forever and the fact that the Supreme Court  had ruled that states have the right to ban abortions after 20 weeks meant that it wouldn't really change much other than take the divisive issue of the table. In a surprising move both parties would agree to the Amendment and it would get ratified by the states quickly and be praised by many groups. On other economic issues though the next 2 years would lead to many battles between the President and Congress as he would veto a bill repealing the tech industry regulatory bill but some compromises when it came to spending cuts, and an expansion of free trade were made . These issues though were overshadowed by the Cuba issue as the follow of the Government in Cuba would force the Hood Administration to send ground troops to Cuba to stabilize the situation. While this measure was popular, it completely shifted attention away from Domestic issues of the day which meant that even if the President was reelected he wouldn't have the mandate to pass his agenda during his 2nd term. During the election, the Republicans nominated former Texas Governor George P Bush who was able to win back California for the Republicans for the first time in a 2 way race since his grandfather President George HW Bush won it back in 1988, but despite a win in California the Republicans would still lose as President's Hood popularity in the South would allow him to win every former Confederate state with the exception of Texas and along with win in the border states , the North West, Montana, the Dakotas the Industrial Midwest and a strong performance in the North East would allow Presidnet Hood to easily win a 2nd term in office.

Despite his huge win nothing would change in terms of the state of Congress meaning that he wouldnt be able to make the reforms he wanted to and would be forced to just make minor tweaks to Romney era Reforms through some compromise legislation and executive order. One legislative victory Hood did receive was on Infrastructure, which would mark one of the largest public work projects the US government would undertake in decades. This along with the fact that the US was forced to occupy Cuba and be tasked in remaking their government would force the US to be there in the long term which would cause the popularity of the decision to send in ground troops to decrease and along with the 6 year itch would cause Democrats to lose both Houses of Congress in the 2034 midterms .

With both Houses Gone, the President would fully focus on foreign policy especially Iran a place in which he believed that the over 55-year policy of sanction and isolationism wasn't helping the people living their or the region so he decided to negotiate a deal with them. After months of negotiations, he would agree to a deal in which the Iranians would destroy all their WMD and work with the US in anti-terrorism missions in exchange for a dropping of their Sanctions. While the Republican control Senate opposed it the popularity of it forced them to ratify the deal marking a major win for the President.

Entering the last year he hoped to use his popularity to pass more of his agenda and he hoped it would help Vice President Masto defeat Senator Ojeda for the Democratic Nomination. His hopes failed though as without control of either house he had no leverage left for his agenda anymore and was once again forced to agree to a compromise bill which favored the GOP. Anger over the compromise bill would help propel Senator Ojeda the fiercely populist Democrat to upset Vice President Masto in the primaries and win the Democratic Nomination. On the Republican side, they would nominate New York Governor Elise Stefanik a candidate who many called Mitt Romney 2.0 and the Governor similarly to President Johnson in 1964 would see much of the establishment from the other side support her over their own candidate. Similarly to Goldwater in 1964 , Senator Ojeda was easily branded as a firebrand radical and the Senator was portrayed a socialist who would destroy the US tech industry which while he fiercely denied the attacks worked and he would be defeated in a landslide. On November 4th 2036 the Elise Stefanik the New York Governor would win the election by sweeping 43 states and would become the first female President in the US. Along with her victory the Republicans would pile up huge majorities in Congress and now seemed stronger then anytime in 20 years.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #888 on: October 12, 2018, 01:29:26 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2018, 10:01:19 AM by Old School Republican »

Epilogue Part 3: Republicans Domiante National Politics Once Again

On January 20th 2037, New York Governor Elise Stefanik took the oath of office to become the first female US President. Along with the White House the Republicans would have a firmer control of both houses of Congress than any time since the first 6 years of the Romney Administration and with the opposition party once again divided and back in the political wilderness. The first task on the Stefanik agenda was dealing with an early 2000s style recession and to stimulate the economy the Stefanik administration would cut taxes for businesses and pass a 2037 version of the Romney Tax Reform. Next on the agenda was passing Education Reform as the education reforms passed in the 2010s no longer were adequate and needed an update to match the changing world and economy and the Republicans would pass the update which would emphasize the teaching of tech and programming skills from an earlier age while other reforms were just using the principles of the 2010s bill and updating it . The President would also work on improving trade relations even further with Latin American and India and would get a new deal signed and approved by Congress within her first two years as well.  The issue that though would unite the Democratic party in opposition would be the Republicans Regulatory Reform bill which would greatly reduce the power of regulatory agencies and gut many of President Hood's regulations against big tech.

The 2038 midterms would see the Democrats make some gains but despite that the GOP would still have near filibuster proof majorities so the Democrats despite having more power still are unable to stop the Pro Business Republican Party from passing more and more laws.  The biggest debate in 2023 was over an energy bill, the Democrats opposed the Stefanik administration's plan to give more in tax breaks for the energy companies while Stefanik argued that this bill would further help develop green technologies and due to large Republican majorities she was able to win on the issue and the best news for Stefanik was overseas with the world seemingly becoming more stable. She would use it to ride her popularity to defeat former Vice President Masto by 11 points in the 2040 election and while it was no where near the 21 point trouncing she gave to Senator Ojeda in 2036 it was enough to have Republicans ride her coattails back to having a filibuster-proof Senate Majority.

President Stefanik would begin her next term with making a push on making a few reforms to Healthcare to stop the trend of increasing health care costs of the past 5 years. Her plan would call to amend the 2014 Healthcare reform act with reforms of malpractice lawsuits and an increase in use of technology to lower prices and while there would be again lots of opposition to the bill but with a filibuster-proof majoirty in the Senate and a large majority in the House the Republicans would ram the bill through Congress and pass it into law. World affairs also seemed to be going well because Cuba finally had the ability to be a democracy and stable without US help and Iran was getting less and less hostile and both parties claimed it was their success as Democrats claim the hard work was done in the Hood years while Republicans claim since it has been this long since he left office it is their success. The most controversial bill in this session though would be another union reform bill and just like in 2018 the Republicans were able to pass the bill by the narrowest of margins. 2042 midterms would resemble 2018 also with Republicans keeping both houses of Congress both with  much smaller majorities and the nest sessions would resemble the 116th congress in many ways. The next two years would be dominated by Congress making minor tweaks to bills they passed over the next 6 years and Stefanik would just be trying to cement her legacy.

One problem which nobody saw but was slowly creeping up through the Stefanik presidency was how automation was displacing the Human workforce but it would be an issue the Democratic Nominee would pick up on in the 2044 election. In the 2044 Republicans nominated former Texas Governor and Treasury Secretary Glenn Hegar while the Democrats would nominate Senator Joe Kennedy III as their nominee and in many ways the election would resemble 2004 more than any other campaign of the Romeny era as Secretary Hegar would use cultural and wedge issues to attack Kennedy and use them to sweep the south with the exception of Virginia,Arkansas and  West Virginia which would make up for Kennedy winning all of the North East except New Jersey, New Hampshire, and Maine. California would once again go narrowly to the Republican due to the Democratic platform being viewed as hostile to big tech companies and AI and that would give the Republicans a pretty large win once again.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #889 on: October 12, 2018, 02:10:43 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2019, 04:56:15 PM by Old School Republican »

Epilogue Part 4: Automation Crises brings to end of Republican Era

Glenn Hegar was compared by most experts as this generation Rob Portman, as a longtime policy wonk and politician who played a Prominent role in the previous Republican administration winning the Presidency. His first 9 months were going smoothly with Hegar getting the spending cuts he wanted to help pay of the Debt even more, but by Early October of 2045 the US would fall into an early 2020s syle recession. Similarly to Reagan, Romney and Stefanik, President Hegar would pass tax cuts to try to deal with the recession but the unlike their tax cuts which worked spectacularly well for Reagan and Romney and a little well for Stefanik were a total failure this time around. The reason for the failure was unlike before Corporations no longer had to hire more workers to increase productivity or expand their businesses as robots had advanced to such a point where humans were becoming less and less needed to do jobs they once did. This was a problem which had begun during the mid 2030s and kept getting worse and worse slowly throughout the years and intensified due to the recession as to keep productivity high during that period companies invested more and more in robots so all the tax cuts did was give them more money to invest in robots.

By 2046 unemployment would reach up to 11% and anger with the Hegar administration would result in Republicans losing both houses of Congress in that years midterms. Once the Democrats came in they passed a Universal Basic Income Bill which was vetoed by the President along with vetoing other regulations the Dem Congress had passed. One bill through which Hegar did sign was a Robot Tax Bill in mid 2047 which would be used to greatly slow down the trend of replacing humans with robots.

While it would help the damage was already done as unemployment had reached 12.5% and really all it did was change the trend of unemployment from getting worse to becoming stagnant. The problems of this crises required more than just stimulating the economy, it required new solutions not tried and in the 2048 election President Hegar would be defeated by Andrew Yang , a Populist Democrat who would run on Universal Basic Income, Reigning in Big Tech ,regulating the use of AI and Robots, in a landslide. The President would only win the States of Texas, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Indiana, and New Hampshire while losing the other 43 to the Democratic Candidate. In his victory speech Governor Yang would promise to staff his administration from economists who come from a new school of economic thought to deal with the Automation Crises.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #890 on: October 12, 2018, 02:11:16 AM »

That marks the end of this TL
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #891 on: October 12, 2018, 02:20:45 AM »

Crazy to see in just a few posts Romney being a beacon of greatness to his admisistration being the catalyst of a couple of terrible crises in later decades.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #892 on: October 12, 2018, 02:35:34 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2018, 02:46:16 AM by Old School Republican »

Crazy to see in just a few posts Romney being a beacon of greatness to his admisistration being the catalyst of a couple of terrible crises in later decades.

Well not really, as the Automation crises really began to take hold in the mid 2030s which was long after Romney left office. It really was I would say the Stefanik Administration killing President Hood's regulations against big tech which really became the catalyst to the crises.  So Romney is still considered one of the top 7-8 Presidents in US history and one of the top 3 Presidents the US has had since WW2 due to all the accomplishments he had.

The thing is Romney faced different problems to the problems that America faced in later decades and the thing Romney did which made him successful was while he was still a Reagan Conservative he unlike W Bush didnt straight up copy or just update Reagan era policies , instead he used the principles of Reagan Conservatism and applied them to solve new problems . That is something both Stefanik/Hegar failed to do as all they really did was just update Romney's policies instead of using those principles to solve new problems and create new reforms.

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #893 on: October 12, 2018, 06:34:25 AM »

Amazing timeline, good work!
PRESIDENT STANTON II
Rookie
United States

« Reply #894 on: October 12, 2018, 06:54:19 AM »

You call the 2044 elections, 2004 and the 2030 and 2038 mid-terms, 2022!
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #895 on: October 12, 2018, 07:35:19 AM »

I very much prefer real life over this timeline.
JoeyOCanada
Canada

« Reply #896 on: October 12, 2018, 08:20:32 AM »

Fantastic timeline! What's next for you? Hopefully something just as good!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #897 on: October 12, 2018, 10:04:23 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2018, 01:06:24 PM by Old School Republican »

Thanks I知 glad you guys enjoyed the TL

I知 gonna take a break from TL痴 (though I値l still make updates to my mini TL) for a couple weeks than I will start on another TL .

Currently, my next timeline is going to be called a Different Republican Icon, which will be about a different Post 1960 Republican Politician who gets elected President and remains the standard bearer of Republicans and Conservatives to this day(In OTL it is Reagan, in the TL it will be another Republican).
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #898 on: October 12, 2018, 02:28:04 PM »

I知 gonna take a break from TL痴 (though I値l still make updates to my mini TL) for a couple weeks than I will start on another TL .

Currently, my next timeline is going to be called a Different Republican Icon, which will be about a different Post 1960 Republican Politician who gets elected President and remains the standard bearer of Republicans and Conservatives to this day(In OTL it is Reagan, in the TL it will be another Republican).

GOLDWATER???
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #899 on: October 12, 2018, 02:34:16 PM »

GOLDWATER???

You'll see(wanna keep it a surprise )
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies