Labor Party Standing Committee (10/12-6/13) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:30:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee (10/12-6/13) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee (10/12-6/13)  (Read 36801 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 25, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »

I would like to be considered for endorsement by the Labor Party in the upcoming special election. I am sure that as I establish my platform, you will find that we share a great concern for our common fellow worker and a determination to create a more fair and equal Atlasia.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »

None of you are getting any better than second place. Wink
I would be a concerning Senator indeed to not seek broad support from like-minded citizens and movements. I do not expect to be the #1 endorsed candidate by this party, but I hope that you are wrong on the assumption that your party's ranks would never even think to ever peek past their own party to seek out the best candidates to fill an office, my friend; I know and love a different Left than that.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 02:33:19 PM »

Would Spamage, Speed of Sound and anyone else who would like to receive our endorsement  like to give us brief explanation of why you want to receive the endorsement of the Labor Party and what you will do as a Senator to help promote our values? Your answers could help all of us make a more informed decision on who we should endorse! =)    

I would love to, thank you for the chance!

As the founder of the first Social Democratic Party, I have a long record of promoting social freedom and equality and of working hand-in-hand with the middle and lower classes of Atlasia.

I am a firm believer in doing more than guarding the average Atlasian from attacks against them, but also giving them the opportunities to raise himself up to their own highest potential. I have sponsored Senate bills to reduce our defense spending to help the national deficit and pay for our social programs, replace developers' profits with funding for our schools, and create a National Public Radio to clearly record news for our citizens without the political leanings of private newspapers, and I have argued for making green energy options more affordable for the middle class while also making farmers' voices heard in Nyman. I also voted to reduce the tax burden on the first $7,500 earned and expand government healthcare systems.

I think I've made my point. I plan to continue to sponsor and support bills which reduce unnecessary tax breaks and defense spending, which push for diplomatic ties and aid for struggling or threatened peoples across the world, which protect productive trades and agriculture, (and I am especially keen on re-introducing a revision which will finally remove tipping as an acceptable alternative to a standard income), and which help get average Atlasians more involved in governing (I am seriously rolling this idea over in my mind, and I hope to have few specific ideas for this soon). I invite you to consider the platform and opinions which are in the process of being published in my thread, which will later tonight include a more general platform and, notably, list of proposals I wish to make should I reach the Senate.

I know that speaking to an organized party this made be an unusual angle, but I believe that being an independent is an especially important and attractive part of my candidacy for Labor to consider, especially compared to my Liberal opponent. While it is known that I voted for the re-election of the President and have a high opinion of him, I will stand in the Senate without ties to a party line, but instead only ties to the values of equality, opportunity, and social freedom that we all share. Hardline party members find it hard to reach across the aisle to get important legislation passed, but I will work hard to create majorities and get bills onto the President's desk.

Phew! Thank you taking the time to listen to my wordy argument and I sincerely hope that you will consider me for endorsement!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 03:52:02 AM »

Thank you all. Smiley I have a lot of fun here in Atlasia and an opportunity to speak before the Labor Party meant a lot to me and my campaign, so it was worth a particular effort.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies