Favorite University Series: East (North) Carolina edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:33:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Favorite University Series: East (North) Carolina edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Favorite Eastern NC school
Campbell University Fighting Camels    - Buies Creek, North Carolina

East Carolina University Pirates - Greenville, North Carolina

University of North Carolina at Wilmington   Seahawks   - Wilmington, North Carolina

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill   Tar Heels - Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Elon University Phoenix - Elon, North Carolina

Duke University    Blue Devils - Durham, North Carolina

North Carolina State University   Wolfpack - Raleigh, North Carolina

North Carolina Central University Eagles - Durham, North Carolina

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Favorite University Series: East (North) Carolina edition  (Read 789 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2015, 06:12:41 PM »
« edited: June 02, 2015, 06:20:26 PM by SMilo »

To my surprise, Ole Miss sadly takes that one in a 6-6 tie, discount my State vote.
In other news, Cornell experienced an outpouring of support - not only are they the first team to win an outright majority, they also have the greatest raw vote total surpassing Wisconsin (17 vs. 16).

Two changes on the map - I didn't like my NC gerrymander. The triangle pushed all the popular schools into one region. This will alleviate that if only slightly.
The other thing is I went back to look at the votes and WVU got a late vote to overtake Carnegie Mellon.

Let's keep it going with another place with a ton of popular teams.

Pretty close battle at the top for me. Circumstances will dictate a lot between those two in basketball or to an extent baseball, but football is more clear cut
[1] NC State
[2] Chapel Hill - If I had to go to any school in the South, it'd probably be here or Wake - close call.
--
--
[3] Central - the only tolerable MEAC school
[4] Wilmington
[5] East Carolina
--
[6] Campbell - Fighting Camels as a mascot will keep you out of the low tier!
--
[7] Elon
[8] Duke (naturally)

Past polls: AL; FL; IL; NorCal; MD; KY; CO; Upper New England; American Southwest;  Backyard Brawl;
Middle America;  North Texas;  MI; LA; NYC; UT/NV; GA; Pacific Northwest; WI/MN; Eastern Mass; IN; NJ/DE; Western Upstate NY ;
AR/MS; East Carolina
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 06:15:08 PM »

UNC
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:12:41 PM »

UNC
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 10:37:41 PM »

Chapel Hill
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 10:49:59 PM »

NC State
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 01:41:46 PM »

Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 02:41:58 AM »

Shew this will be tough because I have experience with all of these schools in one way or another. Some I considered transferring too at some point others I have friends that I grew up with go there.

First the big ones. UNC was a beautiful place (went to both UNC/Duke when I was in 8th grade as well as the science museum and the capital building and got to see the house/senate.)  It was big and decent sized with Wendy's and some fast food places. I just didn't feel right there. It felt like a preppy rich place and somewhat sketchy. UNC's athletic places while finely designed they were both kind of lame imo.

Duke was gorgeous though.  There athletic places were sweet (as was UNC's, but Duke wins here,) and their Football field was cool. However it got ruined by Coach K being a dick. He kicked us out because we made a tiny bit of noise  we weren't even talking loud.  But besides that I liked their buildings and atmosphere. It's just impossible for me to go   Sad  Tuition is ridiculous and you cannot transfer there with community college credits. Both them and Wake Forrest deny your credits and you have to stay for 4 years if you want a bachelors.

NC State I despise because of what happened with my friends that went there. They were decent sociable people when we graduated high school and now they are toolish zombies. IDK if it's just them but it's really odd they go to that place one personality type and come back another.  The few people I met from there are tools, so it may be something in the water. I do cheer for them in sports though but people wise they strike out.

ECU's an awesome place it's just so far away from where I live. It's a good haul down to there and UNC Wilmington. ECU I prefer out of the two because it's own unique school. I know a few friends who went there and they loved it and never sold out. Beautiful place and fine programs.  I'm considering it for my college professor license program through their online system. They get props for offering a lot of programs distance and online.

NC Central IDK much about besides their football team tried to recruit some of my buddies but they were lacking on scholarships.   Campbell is an awesome school two of my best friends play football there. They get a lot of quality athletes. If they weren't so high tuition wise and so far I'd probably transfer there. It's in a swampy place too so - there. Elon is a wanna be Duke and Wake Forrest. Not a bad school location/beauty wise and they have a solid history/poly scy department but they charge too much imo and their admission policy is silly.  You have to write at least two admission essays that are two pages each and maybe 1 to 2 more. I can't afford the tuition rate there.

So I'll go with ECU here just for a why not pick. It feels like a fine school if the conditions were right I'd be going there for my bachelor's but I'll wait for maybe my master's.

I know a lot more about the western NC schools though so I'm psyched for that.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 02:59:44 AM »

BTW are you allowed to vote in older polls? I'm new to this and seen you had a ton of them before this one..
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 08:08:27 AM »

BTW are you allowed to vote in older polls? I'm new to this and seen you had a ton of them before this one..

Absolutely, it's encouraged! I'll go back and check in due time
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 01:40:51 AM »

Absolutely, it's encouraged! I'll go back and check in due time

Sweet Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies