Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 06:49:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 79
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)  (Read 142926 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: November 29, 2018, 07:52:14 PM »

Yeah, I really don’t see Barrow losing by more than, say, 5-6%, especially after how close Espy kept it in MS. Barrow might not get Abrams numbers out of the Atlanta area, but he should make up for an underperformance there by doing better in rural GA. Gun to my head, Raffensperger wins 51-49, but this could definitely go either way.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1476 on: November 29, 2018, 08:03:59 PM »

I'm afraid you're right.  She has had a great opportunity to learn from this experience, to build on it, and establish the Democratic Party in Georgia as a long term competitive force.  However, I suspect that she will play Harold Ford Jr. 2006--a great run, give up on the state, and take a position as an MSNBC panelist/NYT columnist.

Georgia will still be trending the same way with or without her, although her dedication and resources may have helped it along a bit faster. Also I think she said she was open to running again, so we could see her again as soon as 2020 (or 2022 at the latest I imagine).
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1477 on: November 29, 2018, 08:27:12 PM »

Abrams has no reason to abandon Georgia. It is a state trending in her direction. I’m ready to donate and support whatever move she makes next.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1478 on: November 29, 2018, 08:34:15 PM »

Finally saw a Raffensperger ad (there have been plenty of Barrow ads) attacking Barrow as a threat to the integrity of future elections.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1479 on: November 29, 2018, 08:37:30 PM »

anyway I don't get why people complained about Barrow acting as a moderate democrat.

Its a SOS position the only positions that matter are his positions on voting rights.
Abrams was leading the ticket and all the people who voted for Abrams should have voted for Barrow after they saw Kemp. Then Barrow could use his good ol boy accent and get a few racist hicks to push him over the top. It almost worked too. The only problem is that Abrams didn't make the run off.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1480 on: November 29, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »

Finally saw a Raffensperger ad (there have been plenty of Barrow ads) attacking Barrow as a threat to the integrity of future elections.

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1481 on: November 29, 2018, 08:54:19 PM »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1482 on: November 29, 2018, 09:04:15 PM »

I sometimes wonder how some Republicans can sleep at night.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1483 on: November 29, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »

too stupid to realize their evil, probably.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1484 on: November 29, 2018, 09:36:29 PM »

So Democrats are completely blowing this race because "who cares, we lost the Gubernatorial election". I really  f**king hate this party tbh.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1485 on: November 29, 2018, 10:01:27 PM »

So Democrats are completely blowing this race because "who cares, we lost the Gubernatorial election". I really  f**king hate this party tbh.
The state party is doing a bunch of canvasses and phonebanks statewide Saturday-Tuesday. I plan on volunteering Sunday and Monday. In Democrat’s defense, several of the Metro Atlanta counties have less early vote locations than the general and the locations are located in white areas. Fulton only has two open in Alpharetta and Buckhead, completely ignoring the city of Atlanta most favorable to Democrats and the universally black South Fulton area.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1486 on: November 29, 2018, 10:23:56 PM »

The state party is doing a bunch of canvasses and phonebanks statewide Saturday-Tuesday. I plan on volunteering Sunday and Monday. In Democrat’s defense, several of the Metro Atlanta counties have less early vote locations than the general and the locations are located in white areas. Fulton only has two open in Alpharetta and Buckhead, completely ignoring the city of Atlanta most favorable to Democrats and the universally black South Fulton area.

Good luck! You're doing good work.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1487 on: November 29, 2018, 10:33:14 PM »

Good luck! You're doing god's work.
FIFY
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1488 on: November 29, 2018, 10:35:05 PM »

Good luck! You're doing god's work.
FIFY

Fair Cheesy
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1489 on: November 30, 2018, 12:10:08 AM »

Dem turnout has straight up tanked in the runoff. Not surprised given the previous runoff examples, Abrams making everyone wait with her lawsuits, and the fact the state party basically laid off all their field staff and kept a bare bones operation.

Some Runoff EV vs 11/6 EV data comparisons by legislative districts

HD-151 (South GA black belt)
11/6 EV (final)
48% White voter pool
11/29 EV for runoff
63% white voter pool

HD-99 (Gwinnett, most Hispanic LD in the state)
11/6 EV (final)
35% white voter pool
11/29 EV for runoff
51% white voter pool

HD-124 (Augusta, in Barrow's old CD)
11/6
36% White
11/29
44% White

HD-66 (Douglas/Paulding dem leaning marginal LD)

11/6
42% white
11/29
56% white

As a bonus

The most Democratic CD's in the state (CD-04 and CD-05 in Fulton/Dekalb/Gwinnett) have cast 36,000 runoff votes

The most Republican CD's in the state (CD-09 and CD-14 in North GA) have cast 43,000 runoff votes

For 11/6 EV it was
292,000 in the Dem CD's and 257,000 in the Republican CD's (which are smaller by population)
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1490 on: November 30, 2018, 12:35:55 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2018, 12:58:11 AM by LimoLiberal »

Barrow has to hope that the old hicks who actually care about the secretary of state position remember that one ad with the gun and the lynching or whatever.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1491 on: November 30, 2018, 12:45:08 AM »

Barrow has to remember the old hicks who actually care about the secretary of state position remember that one ad with the gun and the lynching or whatever.

The fact his grandpa stopped a lynching probably hurts barrow
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1492 on: November 30, 2018, 01:37:50 AM »

Republicans will win the SOS runoff. Barrow might come as close as Abrams did, but I doubt that he actually pulls it off.

Barrow has to remember the old hicks who actually care about the secretary of state position remember that one ad with the gun and the lynching or whatever.

And Barrow will not make up any losses in the Atlanta metro area, compared to Abrams, in rural Georgia. He only barely outperformed her in the rural areas in the first place. This will be a Republican hold.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1493 on: November 30, 2018, 10:02:23 AM »

On the fourth day of early voting, 86,806 people voted (including returned mail ballots). The total early vote now stands at 279,755 voters.

This compares to 641,515 people who voted by the fourth day of the final week of early voting in the general election.

Including mail ballots that are unreturned, a total of 403,789 ballots have been cast or requested. That means 124,034 mail ballots have been issued but have yet to be returned.

The gaps are closing fast, but with only today's voting left to do in EV, it's not going to come close to the general election's EV breakdowns.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1494 on: November 30, 2018, 01:09:42 PM »

I was raising hell about how my county didn't appear to be sending out ballots until Monday (though I got mine on Monday, so it was probably just a placeholder data entry on the SoS website and they mailed them out Friday), but nevertheless: apparently it's a bigger issue than I thought.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1495 on: November 30, 2018, 01:59:32 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2018, 02:02:39 PM by Badger »

too stupid to realize their evil, probably.

Or just plain complacent. I've said it before and I'll send it again. Judas sold out Christ for 30 pieces of silver, Benedict Arnold sold out George Washington for command of West Point, and Republicans have sold out this country and it's basic Democratic institutions for tax cuts and a stacked judiciary. The worst part is even the Smart Ones happily go along with it. Pathetic and enraging.

In regards to the Fred, these turnout numbers look like absolute hell for Barrow.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1496 on: November 30, 2018, 02:49:49 PM »

I was raising hell about how my county didn't appear to be sending out ballots until Monday (though I got mine on Monday, so it was probably just a placeholder data entry on the SoS website and they mailed them out Friday), but nevertheless: apparently it's a bigger issue than I thought.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

For the record, a federal judge ruled today that an extra three days must be allowed in these 65 counties: ballots that are postmarked by December 4 and received by December 7 will be counted.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1497 on: November 30, 2018, 04:42:57 PM »

Republicans will win the SOS runoff. Barrow might come as close as Abrams did, but I doubt that he actually pulls it off.

And Barrow will not make up any losses in the Atlanta metro area, compared to Abrams, in rural Georgia. He only barely outperformed her in the rural areas in the first place. This will be a Republican hold.
This is factually incorrect.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1498 on: November 30, 2018, 04:49:10 PM »

It's Calthrina, what do you expect?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1499 on: November 30, 2018, 05:44:55 PM »

How? Given how rural areas trended this year, I am not sure that Barrow will be able to scrounge up enough votes in those regions to make up for any underperformance in the Atlanta area compared to Abrams. At least, he won't make enough gains to close the gap.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies