The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:17:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170229 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: May 08, 2019, 07:08:52 PM »

Or: innocent child allowed to live their life thanks to Ohio law.

Yeah, the baby did nothing wrong and deserves a full right to life.

You do realize the victim is 11 years old, and giving birth at this age still carries a heavy risk of death or permanent disability? So yes, let's play the Russian roulette with her life in the name of defense of life.

Well she was raped, so she should get an abortion

So it's not about a fetus being a person to you, it's about "actions have consequences" or some BS? Deplorable.

I obviously strongly disagree with disallowing abortions even in the case of rape, but at least it's logically consistent. If fetuses and earlier stages are persons, then abortion can't be illegal in any circumstances. If they are not, abortion should be legal until the point at which they are.

Agreed on this. Rape and incest exceptions are a cop-out for those unwilling to make uncomfortable but correct stands.

Imagine thinking that a woman who has been through a traumatic experience and ended up with an unwanted child is doing a "cop out" Roll Eyes
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #826 on: May 08, 2019, 07:27:18 PM »

It's funny how much of an overlap there is between the people who want to stick a recently born Salvadoran infant in a cage in the desert because "THEY CAN'T STAY HERE, THE COUNTRY'S COMPLETELY FULL!" and the people who apparently think there's more than enough room to flood the country with unwanted, often severely disabled children whose parents are too poor or too unhealthy to raise them.
Insinuating that most abortions are of are babies that will be severely disabled, instead of just adults who don't want parenting responsibilities.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #827 on: May 08, 2019, 07:33:50 PM »

Last decade there were less transgenders because it hadn't become a trend yet.  Before the surgery existed there was hardly any evidence they existed.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #828 on: May 08, 2019, 09:47:12 PM »

Thread: 11 year old rape victim forced to carry to term thanks to Ohio law.

Yeah this arguably warrants a re-naming of this thread in RI's honor.

I second Mizzouian's suggestion
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #829 on: May 08, 2019, 09:48:28 PM »

From a strict constitutionalist standpoint, a fetus has by definition not been "born in the United States," and therefore isn't entitled to the rights of an American citizen.

They are persons under U.S. jurisdiction.   Most of the rights mentioned in the Constitution are not limited to citizens.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #830 on: May 08, 2019, 09:56:25 PM »

From a strict constitutionalist standpoint, a fetus has by definition not been "born in the United States," and therefore isn't entitled to the rights of an American citizen.

They are persons under U.S. jurisdiction.   Most of the rights mentioned in the Constitution are not limited to citizens.

Right, but if it comes to the point of saving the life of a US citizen or a non-citizen, the former should be given priority, no?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #831 on: May 08, 2019, 10:06:42 PM »

Thread: 11 year old rape victim forced to carry to term thanks to Ohio law.

Yeah this arguably warrants a re-naming of this thread in RI's honor.

I second Mizzouian's suggestion

Thirded, and I'll note all three of us are pro-life.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #832 on: May 08, 2019, 10:15:44 PM »

Right, but if it comes to the point of saving the life of a US citizen or a non-citizen, the former should be given priority, no?

I don't think that's how it works.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #833 on: May 08, 2019, 10:24:22 PM »

Yeah I don’t really buy that particular argument, and I’m pretty strongly pro-choice.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #834 on: May 08, 2019, 10:25:30 PM »

I showed the relevant US General thread to Antonio and he says "It's amazing how many people think having (what they believe to be) the Right View absolves them from the need to show basic empathy for human suffering, isn't it? It is very much a problem on both sides, but it really shines through in RI's post."
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #835 on: May 09, 2019, 12:59:27 PM »

Atlas is full of jet setters who support the brutality of the War on Terror yet spew snowflake tears when a suburbanite dies.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #836 on: May 10, 2019, 06:53:14 PM »

eeeks, I was kind of hoping to be corrected/wrong there....are they really the moderates?  That's.....that's not good.  Why is it such a broken religion and what white person/people are we blaming for it this decade?  Still Dubya/Cheney/"neocons" or have we transferred all that blame to Trump/Putin/___insert group name here___ yet?

Religion being referenced is Islam.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #837 on: May 11, 2019, 03:12:22 PM »

Papacy dominated the Eastern World during the Celtic Iron Age, but when the Vikings came and other Groups, started developing more secular religions, the Protestant Era began, and reformed the monarchy and papacy.  As a result, Britian expanded its empire to the West, where colonists, who were deemed as witches, for not following the Celtic catholic church, sought refuge in the new world.

What is this a response to?

Unironically asking for clarification and expecting a non-non-sequitur from olowakandi.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #838 on: May 11, 2019, 03:33:43 PM »

eeeks, I was kind of hoping to be corrected/wrong there....are they really the moderates?  That's.....that's not good.  Why is it such a broken religion and what white person/people are we blaming for it this decade?  Still Dubya/Cheney/"neocons" or have we transferred all that blame to Trump/Putin/___insert group name here___ yet?

Religion being referenced is Islam.
Wake me up when Sikhs take out the World Trade Center.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #839 on: May 12, 2019, 01:50:01 PM »

I just don't know honestly, might just have abstained... Corbyn and Tony Benn, Attlee and MacDonald are the only ones i would have turned out enthusiastically for. I just see no reason to vote for centrist Labourites like Blair and Brown who did anything but help the working class (and in case of Blair even made war crimes), like what's the difference between Blair and Cameron or Blair and Reagan. I honestly don't know.

And centrists sometimes aren't better than right-wing candidates... See Macron. I honestly think Marine Le Pen would be better for the working class in France. I might've supported Macron once, but now i'm leaning towards Le Pen if the second round is repeated. We already know what we get if we vote for centrists and it's horrible, why not give the right a chance. At least economically they're better candidates, and all i care about is working class interests economically and the environment (and maybe some social policies).

I know more from US politics than UK politics although, that might explain the weird voting pattern. I don't know Milliband and a lot of the other past Labour candidates i voted for.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #840 on: May 12, 2019, 01:55:10 PM »

I just don't know honestly, might just have abstained... Corbyn and Tony Benn, Attlee and MacDonald are the only ones i would have turned out enthusiastically for. I just see no reason to vote for centrist Labourites like Blair and Brown who did anything but help the working class (and in case of Blair even made war crimes), like what's the difference between Blair and Cameron or Blair and Reagan. I honestly don't know.

And centrists sometimes aren't better than right-wing candidates... See Macron. I honestly think Marine Le Pen would be better for the working class in France. I might've supported Macron once, but now i'm leaning towards Le Pen if the second round is repeated. We already know what we get if we vote for centrists and it's horrible, why not give the right a chance. At least economically they're better candidates, and all i care about is working class interests economically and the environment (and maybe some social policies).

I know more from US politics than UK politics although, that might explain the weird voting pattern. I don't know Milliband and a lot of the other past Labour candidates i voted for.

I agreed with this up until he mentioned Le Pen. fascists must be stopped at all costs, even if it means voting for a neoliberal centrist over them.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #841 on: May 12, 2019, 03:51:23 PM »

Lmao @ the poll result.

Shows quite a lot about Atlas that they think a Trump +10 state voting to the left of a Trump +5 state is more likely than a Trump +5 state voting to the left of a Trump +1 state, especially since said Trump +5 state is trending D.

Meanwhile, both the Trump +10 state (IA) and Trump +1 state (MI) are trending R.

Uh what?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #842 on: May 12, 2019, 06:25:45 PM »

Ron Paul endorsed Tulsi Gabbard

this should get her a lot of online support

Most of Paul supporters are Bernie's base, so this wouldn't move a needle for Tulsi support.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #843 on: May 12, 2019, 06:56:44 PM »

It ought to be renamed for Fuzzy Bear.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #844 on: May 12, 2019, 07:04:31 PM »

PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #845 on: May 12, 2019, 08:17:07 PM »

Ginsberg has been dead for at least 6 months. What's to stop the media and the deep state from lying? If Trump points it out they will just gaslight him and call him a "conspiracy theorist".
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #846 on: May 13, 2019, 10:45:12 AM »

I agreed with this up until he mentioned Le Pen. fascists must be stopped at all costs, even if it means voting for a neoliberal centrist over them.

Le Pen isn't fascist? (i mean Marine).
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #847 on: May 13, 2019, 10:45:38 AM »

And no Macron would never get my vote, fortunately, i live in a multi-parliamentary system
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #848 on: May 13, 2019, 01:31:43 PM »

Semantics. she's a far-right reactionary.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #849 on: May 13, 2019, 02:03:04 PM »

Ron Paul endorsed Tulsi Gabbard

this should get her a lot of online support

Most of Paul supporters are Bernie's base, so this wouldn't move a needle for Tulsi support.

This thread should be renamed after James Monroe, for this comment, Rand Paul’s right-wing libertarianism does not mix with Sanders’ far-left economic liberalism
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies