Public Office of Frémont FM Scott [Resignation Statement]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:00:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of Frémont FM Scott [Resignation Statement]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Public Office of Frémont FM Scott [Resignation Statement]  (Read 11228 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2019, 10:46:31 AM »

Enlightened_Centrist420 is banned as Texarana's sock.

Nothing gets past Virginia.

Can the First Minister confirm whether or not this means Enlightened Centrist, as a banned user, is disqualified from the ballot and thus all votes for them are invalid?
And can the First Minister also explain why he came to the decision to appoint Enlightened Centrist to the vacancy in the first place, given in addition to being a sock of a banned poster he showed no interest in the game and was totally inactive for his brief stint as an MP?
And will the First Minister be more careful in future, and will he give more detailed consideration to whom he appoints to parliamentary vacancies?

No one knew he was a sock until last night.

I know that, my point is, why was someone of such poor character to be later revealed as a sock appointed to a seat in Parliament? It isn't as if there's a shortage of normal left-wingers in Fremont.

There is, actually, a lack of newer players on the rolls. Most normal left wingers have held office before and are likely too busy or burnt out to do more than vote.

And instead the FM appointed a newbie who didn't even vote at all in Parliament. I don't see how that's in any way an improvement.

Giving a new player a chance to get their feet wet, especially since Fremont is lacking in such, is on balance a good thing.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2019, 11:34:04 AM »

Yes, Enlightened Centrist had asked to be considered for the appointment, along with shua and several players with more experience in office.  If I had known he was Texarkana, I would not have considered him nor would I have ever voted for him for anything.  Hindsight is 20/20.  Needless to say, in hindsight I regret the appointment and my vote for him.

As he is now banned, Enlightened Centrist is disqualified from the election.  My pre-congratulations to Minister shua, whom I am certain will fill the position well.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2019, 11:52:51 AM »

I have just been informed that votes for banned candidates are, in fact, still counted.  I will be deleting my own ballot to help ensure that EC is not the victor of this election.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2019, 03:23:35 PM »

Upon careful consideration, I have decided that I will remain a member the Peace Party, in the event of a likely merger between Pax and Labor.

While I maintain my respect and will continue my working relationship with Labor, I have determined that Peace, and more importantly its founding left-libertarian principles, are simply more in line with my own than the former.  I will continue to be an independent leader and voice for Frémont, just as I always have.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2019, 10:16:10 PM »

AN ACT
To encourage free and fair domestic commerce

Section 1: Title

This legislation may be cited as the Fair Commerce Act.

Section 2: Text

1. The Carry On My Wayward Son Act is hereby repealed in full.

2. This law shall take effect upon repeal of the "Go South, Young Man Act" and the "Southern Investment Act" by the Southern Region.

I am pleased to announce that, with the passage of the PRAG-Co Act in the South, and now with the signing of this bill, the long, unnecessary trade dispute between Frémont and the South is officially over.  I would like to thank Speaker Truman, Southern Speaker Muaddib, Governor Young Texan, and everyone else who worked to make this day possible.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2019, 07:31:28 PM »

My fellow Frémonters,

With one week of the campaign remaining, I wanted to reflect on this last session of Parliament and outline my priorities for the upcoming 13th session, should I be so honored to once again earn your support and be returned to Denver to continue fighting for you, the people of this great Commonwealth!

Trade Relations

As a result of Frémont's victory in the trade war, our relationship with our neighbors to the South has stabilized, with both sides having agreed to repeal economic poaching laws and preventing further escalation of this conflict with our friends in Lincoln.  There is now peace between all three regions, and I wish to preserve this peace in the days ahead.  Therefore, while I appreciate Speaker Truman's leadership in his role to ending the trade conflict, I must resist any attempt to either absorb Kansas or lend support to any Kansan independence movement.  Our regional boundaries were established legitimately by the ConCon and should be respected, regardless of differences over the South's flag design or past conflict over regional territory.

Protecting Our National Parks

Recently, a bill was introduced in Congress that would auction off sections of Frémont's protected lands.  While we still do not know which lands are considered "disposable" for the purposes of the bill, I reiterate my opposition to the auctioning off of any of our parks or reserves for private use.  As First Minister, I will continue to advocate for our national parks and expand construction and maintenance plans, as Parliament did so recently by passing the Parks and Recreation Act.

Regionalization and the Budget

The top priority for the next Parliament must be the budget, and it will be incumbent upon the next government to deliver a budget that ends triple taxation and centralizes public services.  I will work with the next Parliament, Budget Minister shua, and the GM Department to pass a budget that addresses these needs without imposing unreasonable tax burdens on our citizens or irresponsibly cutting essential services that our people depend on.

Criminal Justice Reform and Protection of Civil Rights and Liberties

Last month, I worked across the aisle with GM Reactionary to establish the Atlasian Civil Liberties Union, a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights guaranteed to us by our laws and constitution, and my record as First Minister reflects these goals.  In this past session, Frémont has taken the right steps towards reforming our criminal justice system by restoring voting rights to former felons, eliminating monetary bail, reforming pretrial detention practices, and lowering maximum prison sentences so that rehabilitation and reentry into society become the guiding philosophies of our Commonwealth's penal system.

We reformed asset forfeiture and, in the last week, passed a law requiring a warrant from police officers who wish to obtain blood samples from unconscious drivers, mirroring federal legislation that I drafted and lobbied for in Congress.  Soon, Parliament will be considering a bill to prohibit the abuse of eminent domain, bringing Frémont in line with both federal reform as well as similar reforms in our two neighboring regions.

In short, much progress has been made in making Frémont the beacon of progress in Atlasia, but our work does not end here.  Next week, I hope to earn your support and continue leading the way towards making our Commonwealth a more welcoming, inclusive, prosperous region.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2019, 01:39:09 AM »

Congratulations on your victory!!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #207 on: August 26, 2019, 02:04:23 AM »

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu Ihrem Sieg Ministerpräsident Scott!
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #208 on: August 26, 2019, 02:20:10 AM »

Congratulations for your reelection First Minister.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2019, 08:36:41 AM »

Congratulations on your re-election!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2019, 09:43:46 AM »

Congrats!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2019, 11:22:07 AM »

Good afternoon, Frémont!

Once again, I am grateful to stand before you today as the First Minister of this great Commonwealth.  After every election, we are writing the next chapter for Frémont's future, building on the progress that we've made, keeping true to our progressive values and traditions as a region.

Make no mistake about it: Frémont knows how to lead.  I remember when I first took office as your First Minister, Frémont was quickly hit with a territorial crisis.  We saw the importance of maintaining a strong region and national guard when radicals attempted to take Alaska as an independent state.  As soon as the threat emerged, we funded our national guard and suppressed the rebellion, and the crisis was soon over.

During the last session, Atlasia was on the brink of a trade war between the South and ourselves along with our neighbors in Lincoln.  Through diplomacy, we de-escalatated this dangerous conflict and restored trade relations, with all sides agreeing to reject trade sanctions or "poaching bills" which only serve to intimidate and divide our country, rather than unite all regions in the common goal of creating a stronger Atlasia.

Our next challenge is clear: for the next session of Parliament, we must pass a budget and deliver on regionalization.  We must pass a budget that is fiscally responsible, and fair to all Frémonters.  We must pass a budget that centralizes state services and ends triple-taxation, and we must do so without cutting services to the bone that our citizens depend on, or raising taxes to the point of making Frémont a region where only the very well-off can live and do business.  Our next budget must be one that affirms our dedication to the working men and women of our region, regardless of zipcode.

With that, I would like to congratulate the victors of last weekend's election - particularly Speaker Harry Truman, who has been a partner to me on a range of progressive policy initiatives.  I would also like to congratulate Fianna Frémont on their new majority in Parliament.  I am confident that we will have a Parliament that is prepared to take on the challenges ahead.  Remember that as public servants to our region, the buck stops at all of us, and maintaining an active legislature must be top priority for all its members.

Our work begins Wednesday.  This is our moment, our time to lift up Frémont as the beacon of progress that it truly is.  And if we fight, we work, we push, we win.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2019, 11:50:48 PM »

Congrats!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2019, 01:36:13 PM »

Inspired by Speaker Muaddib's word count chart for the 15th Southern Chamber, I created one for Parliament's recently concluded 12th Session. Smile

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2019, 04:04:00 PM »

Endorsed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #215 on: September 09, 2019, 09:09:40 AM »

ATTN: MP Pericles has been sworn in as Vice President and his seat is now vacant. Per the Parliamentary Vacancies and By-Elections Act, a special election will be called for September 20-22.

If you have any interest in being appointed interim MP, please PM me as soon as possible.  It is imperative that I find a qualified MP fast to help work on the budget.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2019, 09:16:46 AM »

Pericles hasn't resigned yet (and he isn't required to until he's elected outright).
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #217 on: September 09, 2019, 09:19:06 AM »

Pericles hasn't resigned yet (and he isn't required to until he's elected outright).

Thanks for the reminder - I keep forgetting that holding multiple offices is technically allowed unless one is elected outright. Tongue

Nevermind, folks!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2019, 09:41:49 AM »

LOA: I will be in hospice there and therefore on indefinite leave of absence.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2019, 05:48:36 PM »

This isn't something I wanted to have to write, but for the good of the game and region, and for my own sanity, I think it's necessary.

As some of you know, I was admitted to the hospital in mid-September.  For the past several months I have been experiencing suicidal ideations, and I've been struggling to find and get the help that I need.  I am consumed by thoughts of suicide constantly now and I feel like there's no escape.

Lately I've sort of been taking a mental break from Atlas-related things, as is evident by my limited activity on here.  I want to emphasize that this has nothing to do with anything game-related, although the game (and the forum in general, really) has been becoming more toxic.  And this is not to say I am completely blameless for this - God knows I've had my share of scuffles with some folks here.

But the time has come for me to take a break.  For how long, I do not know.  I regret not doing this sooner because I know that my inactivity is not healthy for the game. I thought that things would improve for me after my time in the hospital, but my health has only gotten worse, and as such I can no longer be an effective leader.  Our Commonwealth deserves to be led by someone who is more capable right now.

I have utmost confidence that Speaker Truman will be able to provide the kind of leadership that the region sorely needs.  And I apologize to those I've let down.

I will still lurk the forum and post occasionally, but I need to use this time to focus on improving my mental health.

Godspeed, Frémont.  I hope that someday I may be able to return at a better time.  But I can't make any promises at this time.

Scott
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2019, 06:18:39 PM »

Thank you for your months of faithful service, Mr. FM. Serving alongside you as regional executive has been an honor. I truly hope all goes well for you, and I wish you the best of luck.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #221 on: October 28, 2019, 07:18:35 PM »

Farewell Scott, thank you for your continued proactive service, and I hope you will return soon.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2019, 08:58:53 PM »

Thank you for your long and distinguished service at all levels of government. Hope that your health improves and that you can return one day.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2019, 11:20:05 PM »

I most certainly hope that things will improve for you and that will be able to return sooner rather than later.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2019, 01:24:51 AM »

Shame to see you go Scott. Of course a game can wait while you focus on what is truly important. I hope you are getting the help and support you need. Come back when you're good.

Blessings,
Muaddib
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies