Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:02:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 129796 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: April 12, 2019, 02:12:58 PM »

Bernie now has 1 million donations.
James Monroe

« Reply #1176 on: April 12, 2019, 03:05:03 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1177 on: April 12, 2019, 03:42:10 PM »

They’re not coming on the 15th. You all can quote this.
Glad I was wrong. Knew he was stalling because he could no longer keep up the facade of "I'm poor!! The returns are VERY boring!!" Roll Eyes

You can't even give him credit when he does something you want.

When was the last time you gave Beto credit for something since he announced he was running?
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1178 on: April 12, 2019, 03:57:25 PM »

I'm getting tired of this ridiculous attack from deranged neoliberals.
Sanders has NEVER given up on civil rights/social justice, throughout his entire career his views on the issue have remained the same. he has always been committed to social justice and equality for all.
He marched with MLK, strongly supported Jesse Jackson in his presidential campaigns, and has spoke out against racism, mass incarceration, and social injustice from the very beginning of his career.
Suggesting that because he moved to a very white state means he gave up on civil rights is just completely nonsensical, given his record.
And if you're suggesting he moved to Vermont because he didn't want to be around minorities - firstly I would need some proof of that (spoiler: you have none), and secondly I'd like to know why you apparently believe someone had to live in a mostly black area to be a strong supporter of civil rights.
Whites in New England were undoubtedly one of the most pro-civil rights demographics in the country at the time, and Vermont has been a hotbed of social progressivism for a very long time.
At least Sanders hasn't locked up minorities for drug offenses like your queen Kamala has - and I'm aware this is a little off topic, but she's (thankfully) not going to win the nomination. Sanders has a far better chance of being the nominee than she does.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1179 on: April 12, 2019, 03:59:19 PM »

How many white politicians endorsed Jesse Jackson? Jackson won the Vermont caucus in 1988 with Berne's help.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1180 on: April 12, 2019, 04:06:17 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2019, 04:09:34 PM by GP270watch »

Quote from: You should see me as a clown link=topic=312152.msg6751974#msg6751974

Sanders has NEVER given up on civil rights/social justice, throughout his entire career his views on the issue have remained the same. he has always been committed to social justice and equality for all.

Bernie Sanders has been a complete coward on racial issues, he's made choice after choice to pander to a white voter base who he hopes takes him over the line in a general election.

"You know there are a lot of white folks out there who are not necessarily racist who felt uncomfortable for the first time in their lives about whether or not they wanted to vote for an African-American." - Sanders

This kind of nonsense is why he's not doing well with black voters. Not because of neoliberals...

When will Bernie Sanders ever take accountability for his own actions, words, and lack of policy specifics?
James Monroe

« Reply #1181 on: April 13, 2019, 11:42:23 AM »

Major hypocrisy for the fake populist. Now a living millionaire whose representing well to do leftists in Williamsburg.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1182 on: April 13, 2019, 11:54:51 AM »

He is so condescending. If his former primary opponent dared to answer a question like that, he and his supporters would have raked said opponent over the coals.
JG

« Reply #1183 on: April 13, 2019, 12:03:55 PM »

He is so condescending. If his former primary opponent dared to answer a question like that, he and his supporters would have raked said opponent over the coals.

Yes. He would have ripped her to shreds had she said something like this.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1184 on: April 13, 2019, 12:17:04 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2019, 12:27:50 PM by Fremont MP YE »

Does anyone feel like the number of times they’d been laid breaks the laws of reality and actually gets lower every time they read one of these posts by friendless anti-Bernie teenagers in this thread?  I can’t even fathom being so low energy that Bernie Sanders’ “condescending” nature upsets me.  You must need some kind of multi-layer Safe Space Inception thing to be going on if you ever step out of the house.

Naturally, Bernie is being relentlessly attacked by corporate media hacks even after releasing his taxes, so there’s the proof these babies will never be satisfied unless they get their way.  
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1185 on: April 13, 2019, 12:26:17 PM »

Quote from: You should see me as a clown link=topic=312152.msg6751974#msg6751974

Bernie Sanders has been a complete coward on racial issues, he's made choice after choice to pander to a white voter base who he hopes takes him over the line in a general election.

"You know there are a lot of white folks out there who are not necessarily racist who felt uncomfortable for the first time in their lives about whether or not they wanted to vote for an African-American." - Sanders

This kind of nonsense is why he's not doing well with black voters. Not because of neoliberals...

When will Bernie Sanders ever take accountability for his own actions, words, and lack of policy specifics?

It’s clearly an effort by Sanders to de-polarize the country which may actually make it easier to address the fundamental problems of racism. Nevertheless, I’m not sure how that comment ties in with the post you quoted. Does a comment like that mean he is given up on social justice issues or civil rights?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1186 on: April 13, 2019, 12:59:28 PM »

Does anyone feel like the number of times they’d been laid breaks the laws of reality and actually gets lower every time they read one of these posts by friendless anti-Bernie teenagers in this thread?  I can’t even fathom being so low energy that Bernie Sanders’ “condescending” nature upsets me.  You must need some kind of multi-layer Safe Space Inception thing to be going on if you ever step out of the house.

Naturally, Bernie is being relentlessly attacked by corporate media hacks even after releasing his taxes, so there’s the proof these babies will never be satisfied unless they get their way. 
I'm not upset though. The irony is that many Bernie Sanders supporters respond to criticisms against him as personal attacks not only against the candidate but themselves as supporters. I said what I said. Sanders derided Clinton for how she got money the entirety of the campaign but when it's him he can respond in a flippant and dismissive manner. It's funny to me actually. You can continue to seethe.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1187 on: April 13, 2019, 01:10:32 PM »

I'm getting tired of this ridiculous attack from deranged neoliberals.
He marched with MLK, strongly supported Jesse Jackson in his presidential campaigns, and has spoke out against racism, mass incarceration, and social injustice from the very beginning of his career.
Suggesting that because he moved to a very white state means he gave up on civil rights is just completely nonsensical, given his record.
And if you're suggesting he moved to Vermont because he didn't want to be around minorities - firstly I would need some proof of that (spoiler: you have none), and secondly I'd like to know why you apparently believe someone had to live in a mostly black area to be a strong supporter of civil rights.
Whites in New England were undoubtedly one of the most pro-civil rights demographics in the country at the time, and Vermont has been a hotbed of social progressivism for a very long time.
At least Sanders hasn't locked up minorities for drug offenses like your queen Kamala has - and I'm aware this is a little off topic, but she's (thankfully) not going to win the nomination. Sanders has a far better chance of being the nominee than she does.

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1188 on: April 13, 2019, 01:13:01 PM »

If he didn't release the tax returns you'd all still be mad at him!
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1189 on: April 13, 2019, 01:37:03 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2019, 05:22:58 PM by GP270watch »

It’s clearly an effort by Sanders to de-polarize the country which may actually make it easier to address the fundamental problems of racism.

It's a ridiculously stupid statement that excuses racial prejudice. Just flip it around. Do black voters feel uncomfortable voting for white candidates? Or have they always had to make a choice between candidates that if we're being honest put their communities last. Bernie represents more of the same. I don't buy the idea that he's playing coy. He's been repeatedly dismissive of reparations and other race issues regarding the black community. Sanders is a person who doesn't hesitate to make bold proclamations and policy goals when he wants.

And I've heard some supporters say Bernie's issue is class struggle and economics, and that race is a divider but this is nonsense. The harm that America has done to African Americans has been based on race, not class. Racial discrimination is an issue that has to be confronted. Pandering because you think you'll scare off white voters is cowardice.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1190 on: April 13, 2019, 08:22:48 PM »

Bernie Sanders: "I participated in the civil rights movement"

Extremely Online Lunatic: "UHHH...WHY DID YOU MOVE TO WHITE VERMONT THEN??"

Sanders: Huh

Extremely Online Lunatic: "SILENCE IS VIOLENCE MR. SANDERS"
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1191 on: April 13, 2019, 08:29:52 PM »

It would seem that Clinton supporters on this site are still bitter towards Sanders even though it was Trump and not Sanders who defeated her. When she won the primary Sanders quickly supported her as he had promised, but that doesn't seem good enough for Clinton supporters.
It's quite sad really.

They seem to want to continue to be divisive which can only help Trump.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1192 on: April 13, 2019, 08:42:12 PM »

It would seem that Clinton supporters on this site are still bitter towards Sanders even though it was Trump and not Sanders who defeated her. When she won the primary Sanders quickly supported her as he had promised, but that doesn't seem good enough for Clinton supporters.
It's quite sad really.

Ha, a Sanders supporter accusing others of being divisive!  Pot. Kettle. Black.

Seriously, though, your comment is the lamest kind of straw man. I can assure you that I and many, many others deeply dislike Sanders not only for what happened in 2016 but also for most of what he's done since.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1193 on: April 13, 2019, 08:49:19 PM »

It's quite sad really.

Seriously, though, your comment is the lamest kind of straw man. I can assure you that I and many, many others deeply dislike Sanders not only for what happened in 2016 but also for most of what he's done since.
Hook, line, and sinker,
Don't look now, but you just proved my point.
All that you can do is attack, attack, attack.
Thank you so much. Smiley
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1194 on: April 13, 2019, 09:04:09 PM »

Major hypocrisy for the fake populist. Now a living millionaire whose representing well to do leftists in Williamsburg.

Being a millionaire doesn't automatically mean he's a "fake populist".

News flash: most major political figures are far wealthier than the average American.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1195 on: April 13, 2019, 09:14:00 PM »

News flash: most major political figures are far wealthier than the average American.

Most major political figures don't base their entire politicial career on criticizing millionaires and billionaires. I don't have any issue with Bernie being a millionaire. I do have an issue with him and his supporters placing a blanket blame for America's problems on the 1% while their leader is literally a member of the 1%.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1196 on: April 13, 2019, 09:28:38 PM »

Most major political figures don't base their entire politicial career on criticizing millionaires and billionaires. I don't have any issue with Bernie being a millionaire. I do have an issue with him and his supporters placing a blanket blame for America's problems on the 1% while their leader is literally a member of the 1%.

Bernie didn't say that everyone worth $1 or $2 million is a bad person.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1197 on: April 13, 2019, 10:15:58 PM »

It’s clearly an effort by Sanders to de-polarize the country which may actually make it easier to address the fundamental problems of racism.

It's a ridiculously stupid statement that excuses racial prejudice. Just flip it around. Do black voters feel uncomfortable voting for white candidates? Or have they always had to make a choice between candidates that if we're being honest put their communities last. Bernie represents more of the same. I don't buy the idea that he's playing coy. He's been repeatedly dismissive of reparations and other race issues regarding the black community. Sanders is a person who doesn't hesitate to make bold proclamations and policy goals when he wants.

And I've heard some supporters say Bernie's issue is class struggle and economics, and that race is a divider but this is nonsense. The harm that America has done to African Americans has been based on race, not class. Racial discrimination is an issue that has to be confronted. Pandering because you think you'll scare off white voters is cowardice.

Both are serious issues that need to be addressed, though I'm not sure how feasible it is to address racial discrimination in the current political climate. There's no RFK-esque figure waiting in the wings in an era of high polarization that started during the days of the Southern strategy that can truly move the needle in terms of race (and to be clear, if there was, I'd support him or her).

Reparations are far less politically feasible than single payer or free college or paid family leave or a green new deal. I think it's reasonable for Bernie Sanders not to support them.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1198 on: April 13, 2019, 10:20:41 PM »

Bernie literally went out of his way to support Hillary and campaign across the country for her in 2016. This revisionist BS that some are peddling here is mind boggling and proof of how little (actual) ammo they have to use against Sanders, someone who has been genuine, authentic and consistent about all of his policies and positions his entire life — something you certainly can’t say for Hillary or most other politicians.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1199 on: April 13, 2019, 10:23:56 PM »

It's quite sad really.

What more could he have done for Hillary in 2016 besides vigorously endorse and campaign for her, as he did? And what has he “done” since then that’s so horrible, besides fix his sights on taking down Trump and creating a more progressive Democratic Party? I don’t expect any specifics from you, cause you have none.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies