www.muaddib.atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:43:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  www.muaddib.atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: www.muaddib.atlasia  (Read 3155 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 11, 2019, 12:46:30 AM »
« edited: June 03, 2020, 06:27:11 AM by Southern Speaker Muad'dib (OSR MSR) »

Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:46:44 AM »
« Edited: October 17, 2019, 05:07:45 AM by Southern Speaker Muaddib »

Muaddib for Governor

Activity
Activity. Activity. Activity. I have a proven record of activity in the Chamber. First as Deputy and now as Speaker, I have demonstrated my commitment to being an active player in the Chamber. I have topped the non-procedural word count for the Chamber for both sessions I have had the honor of serving.

Working Together
I have shown my ability to work with both sides of politics. My first bill passed with no votes against. My Opponent for Governor was also in favor of my bill. I’ve since had several more with bipartisan support. I’ve worked to improve bills and provide constructive input to bills on the floor where I can. Does that mean we can agree on everything? Well of course there will always be disagreements. I will passionately fight for my views but I can come to an arrangement.

Economics and Taxation
I am generally in favor of keeping government out of your pocket. We currently have a surplus and I am looking forward to implementing some big changes to grow our great region and not just on the economic front. I will look to use some of this surplus for building our great region. I am pro small and medium business. They are the biggest employer and helping them compete with the big end of town is important to help build our communities.

Climate Change
There is already a Federal carbon tax and many policies that deal with this on the federal level. On a Regional level nuclear is already our primary method of power generation. My Nuclear Power Bill, from the 14th chamber is further moving us away from coal and gas. I don’t see the need to burden the average Joe with further taxes when we are already moving in the right direction.

Fighting Addiction
The Gambling Immorality Tax, passed with bipartisan support even overturning a veto. This piece of legislation looked at helping those with gambling addiction. The chamber voted twice in this session (Southern Decriminalization Act of 2019 – Phase I & Phase II) that Incarceration is not the answer to the drug problem. I don’t intend on overturning this. My plan for Southern Regional Service will be a step towards greater self-worth and lesser poverty. Thereby decreasing people's desire for the destructive escapism of illicit drugs. I intend on being tough on illicit drug dealing not use. A regional focus on rehabilitation so people who have fallen into drug addiction can rebuild their lives.

Southern Regional Service
 All able mind and bodied Southern NEETs (Not in Employment, Education or Training) will be given a wage through regional service. This will not affect any existing Southern welfare payments they may already be receiving. This will give those Regional Service will be part time and be included as part of my planned Southern Rural Infrastructure Program. Those southerners with disabilities will be able to apply for Regional Service and be given a suitable task appropriate to their level of disability. Regional Service will give people training, the dignity of work, an income source and the knowledge that they are contributing to further building a better region.

Infrastructure
I plan on implementing an ongoing Southern Rural Infrastructure Program. The Southern Regional Service will be a key part of building this infrastructure. I also plan on incentivising new economic development zones to help those of us who are struggling with unemployment to get a job.

Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 12:46:55 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2019, 01:14:07 AM by Southern Speaker Muaddib »

Creative Commons 2.0 | adapted images of Nigel Farage, from Gage Skidmore originals
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 12:47:09 AM »
« Edited: October 17, 2019, 04:45:32 AM by Southern Speaker Muaddib »

ENDORSEMENTS
Presidential Candidate Pragmatic Conservative
Representative fhtagn
Senator Tea Party Hater
Representative LouisvilleThunder

For Chamber of Delegates
Ad Astra Movement

Creative Commons 2.0 | adapted images of Nigel Farage, from Gage Skidmore originals
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 12:49:30 AM »

lol
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 12:52:08 AM »

wow, how imaginative!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 12:53:41 AM »

Cheeky Aussie!
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 01:05:20 AM »

Mr. Vice President, that's what we do naturally. Wink
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 01:16:28 AM »

Enthusiastically endorsed
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 01:28:27 AM »

Absolutely, positively, 10000% endorsed.

People say all the time that we need new people and fresh ideas in elected offices, and you are the only person in the race that can provide that!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 01:51:21 AM »

Quote from: Muaddib
[literally the same thing I did, except without the cool link/table-within-a-table thing]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 02:07:00 AM »

Endorsed!
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2019, 02:07:22 AM »

Quote from: Muaddib
[literally the same thing I did, except without the cool link/table-within-a-table thing]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Good ideas should be adopted shouldn't they?

I'd like to reiterate here what I said on Lokcord and wish you:
"Good luck."

All the best I'm sure we can work together regardless of the outcome.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2019, 07:15:41 AM »

Endorsed!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2019, 02:04:07 PM »

I'd like to reiterate here what I said on Lokcord and wish you:
"Good luck."

All the best I'm sure we can work together regardless of the outcome.

Indeed, and thanks!
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 04:42:00 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2019, 08:41:39 AM by Southern Speaker Muaddib »

Muaddib Created Bills with Bipartisan Support

S.19.2-3: Tax Inclusive Pricing Scheme (TIPS) 6  Aye, 1 Absent
S.19.2-6: Resolution relating to freedom of speech on the internet 6 Aye, 1 Nay
S.19.2-10: SNUSNU (Southern Nuclear Utilization Scheme Next-gen Update) 6 Aye, 1 Absent
S.19.2-24: TMTH FAPoSE Act 6  Aye, 1 Absent
S.19.2-25: PRAG-Co Act 5 Aye, 2 Absent
S.19.3-15: Gambling Immorality Tax Act 5 Aye, 1 Nay, 1 Absent
S.19.3-15: Gambling Immorality Tax Act - Veto Override 6 Aye, 1 Nay
S.19.3-20: Southern Governor PMS Act 2 Labor, 1 ACP, 3 Abstain, No Federalist support in the chamber
S.19.3-21: Vexillological Symmetry Act 6 Aye, 1 Abstain
S.19.3-24: Chamber of Delegates Voting Clarity Amendment Passes 1 Vote from each party, 1 Abstain, 3 absent
S.19.4-1: Transport Industry Jobs Protection (TIJ-Pro) Act Passes 1 Pax, 1 Labor, 1 ACP

Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2019, 06:22:17 PM »

Southern Polling Booths are Open

Click here to find your nearest polling place.

Remember Vote 1 Muaddib for both Governor and Chamber.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2019, 07:02:39 AM »

Consolations on your extermination.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 05:18:14 AM »

"I have been a lifelong member of the ACP, but they aren't with us anymore. They'd rather line the pockets of the powers that be than help out us commonfolk. It's for these reasons I am supporting Bagel23, because he'll fight for us, not them."

-Sergeant First Class Ryan Norizini
@Bagel/Sergeant First Class Ryan Norizini

Maybe you should look at my actual record than listen to propaganda of the left. The ACP isn't the Republican party of the fictitious state called the USA. As founder and chair of the Dixieland Patriots Party, I can assure all Southerners that I am looking after the interests of the Southern Region. I have a plan for a great future for the South. The best way to see positive action in the South is a vote for Muaddib.

I have a history of working with all sides of the chamber, just look here at Muaddib's bi-partisan bills. My record on labor laws demonstrates i'm not a puppet of big business and the 1%. I've secured the long term future of transport industry workers. A promise I made before the election as can be seen here:

For the Introduction to the 16th Chamber of Delegates

Section I: Title and Terms
1.1) This shall be known as the "Transport Industry Jobs Protection Act" or "TIJ-Pro Act"
1.2) Terms
a) Self Driving Vehicle Technology (SDVT)
b) Trucking Industry – Vehicles that fall under the description of Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDLs), Rail Road, water going vehicles used for the transportation goods.
c) Passenger Transport Industry – Taxis, buses, public transport & mass private transport (anything greater than 6 passengers).

Section II: Self Driving Vehicle Technology Ban
2.1) SDVT is banned for use for both trucking and passenger transport industries in the Southern Region.
2.2) Any businesses currently using SDVT at the implementation of this bill has two month phasing out period.

Section III: Exemptions & Registration Fees
3.1) SDVT is legal for use on one private vehicle.
3.2) Private vehicles using SDVT will pay an additional registration fee of $240 annually.
3.3) Luxury vehicles using SDVT will incur an additional registration fee of $2,400 annually.

A Muaddib Governorship will stand against large scale automation that replaces out jobs.

I am true to my word. Regardless of the outcome of the Gubernatorial race, I have this this piece of legislation ready for the 16th Chamber of Delegates. Of course I am open to amendments to further protect Southern Jobs!

For what it's worth, maybe voting for Muaddib Momentum would have resulted in more outcomes for average Joe Southerner than voting for low energy Leinad. I have a legislative agenda to build for the South. I'm sure that in the future we'd be able to come to some understanding in the chamber. I'm happy to have a chat on discord or via Atlas DM.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2019, 08:35:56 PM »

I hope for the good of the Southern people for a civil race. After all, in this session of the Chamber of Delegates, we co-sponsored two bills that both passed and have voted for legislation authored by the other.

Anyhow, I would like to challenge my friend, colleague, and opponent in this race to a Gentleman's Debate on the issues.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2019, 11:07:51 PM »

Muaddib for Governor

Activity
Activity. Activity. Activity. I have a proven record of activity in the Chamber. First as Deputy, then as Speaker and currently as Deputy again, I have demonstrated my commitment to being an active player in the Chamber. I have topped the non-procedural word count for the Chamber in the first two sessions and continue to be a big contributor in the chamber.

Working Together
I have shown my ability to work with both sides of politics. My first bill passed with no votes against. Our current Governor was also in favor of my bill. I’ve since had several more with bipartisan support. I’ve worked to improve bills and provide constructive input to bills on the floor where I can. Does that mean we can agree on everything? Well of course there will always be disagreements. I will passionately fight for my views but I can come to an arrangement.

Economics and Taxation
I am generally in favor of keeping government out of your pocket. We currently have a surplus and I am looking forward to implementing some big changes to grow our great region and not just on the economic front. I will look to use some of this surplus for building our great region. I am pro small and medium business. They are the biggest employer and helping them compete with the big end of town is important to help build our communities. I will fight to keep Paygo and should the Governor and 16th Chamber abolish it I will fight for it's return. Keeping Paygo will stop the development of a long term budget shortcomings from reckless spending.

Climate Change
There is already a Federal carbon tax and many policies that deal with this on the federal level. On a Regional level nuclear is already our primary method of power generation. My Nuclear Power Bill, from the 14th chamber is further moving us away from coal and gas. I don’t see the need to burden the average Joe with further taxes when we are already moving in the right direction.

Fighting Addiction
The Gambling Immorality Tax, passed with bipartisan support even overturning a veto. This piece of legislation looked at helping those with gambling addiction. The chamber voted twice in the 15th session (Southern Decriminalization Act of 2019 – Phase I & Phase II) that Incarceration is not the answer to the drug problem. I don’t intend on overturning this. My plan for Southern Regional Service will be a step towards greater self-worth and lesser poverty. Thereby decreasing people's desire for the destructive escapism of illicit drugs. I intend on being tough on illicit drug dealing not use. A regional focus on rehabilitation so people who have fallen into drug addiction can rebuild their lives.

Southern Regional Service
All able mind and bodied Southern NEETs (Not in Employment, Education or Training) will be given a wage through regional service. This will not affect any existing Southern welfare payments they may already be receiving. This will give those Regional Service will be part time and be included as part of my planned Southern Rural Infrastructure Program. Those southerners with disabilities will be able to apply for Regional Service and be given a suitable task appropriate to their level of disability. Regional Service will give people training, the dignity of work, an income source and the knowledge that they are contributing to further building a better region.

Infrastructure
I plan on implementing an ongoing Southern Rural Infrastructure Program. The Southern Regional Service will be a key part of building this infrastructure. I also plan on incentivising new economic development zones to help those of us who are struggling with unemployment to get a job.

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2019, 11:12:31 PM »

I am giving you highest preference for you to continue being a delegate. You have had a good idea or two that made it on the Southern Chamber floor.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2019, 11:14:27 PM »

I am giving you highest preference for you to continue being a delegate. You have had a good idea or two that made it on the Southern Chamber floor.

Thank you, PSOL, however, I am not currently running for the 17th session of the Southern Chamber.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2019, 10:29:33 AM »

Endorsed, please see my office endorsement speech!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2019, 12:45:07 PM »

It should go without saying, but I'm saying it anyway. You have my full support and endorsement. You have been the only person in the South who has actually provided effective solutions to real problems, and don't engage in meaningless bill count padding to claim being "active". Your ideas are clearly what is best for the South, and have been for quite some time.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies