FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:22:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 86377 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: October 28, 2016, 04:43:02 PM »

The FBI simply found new emails during a separate investigation, and is looking to determine if they're relevant to the old investigation of HRC's emails.

What we do know...

1. the emails did not come from her private server
2. the emails did not come from Hillary
3. the device did not belong to Hillary
4. there are only 3 emails being checked

Also, the campaign is asking the FBI to just be transparent about the emails to show how it's not a scandal.
http://reverbpress.com/news/5-facts-killed-new-hillary-email-scandal-less-afternoon/

But of course, the media is covering this like a Breaking News story, even though it's nothing. Just because they like drama.

Yes, but the campaign now can't have a quieter weekend.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 05:14:59 PM »

October surprise against Hillary, she is going down.

Based on what? There is nothing here.

And look who is saying this... If this doesn't tell you it's a storm in a teacup.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 06:14:43 PM »

Oh get over yourselves
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 06:34:59 PM »

Thanks!

Wow, I actually agree with her. Comey should give a detailed pressconference as soon as possible.
Yes, the frenzied and paranoid conspiracy theories and accusations from Clinton supporters about the system being rigged need to be immediately dispelled Tongue.

How dare these Clinton folks undermine our legal system by questioning its integrity! Loretta Lynn would never secretly meet Bill Clinton on an airport tarmac! Ever! How dare these Clinton supporters insinuate that corruption exists!

Yeah, not cute. Next.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 06:59:21 PM »

"Clinton Wants Answers" is CNN's new headline.

I sense a shift in momentum.

Bad or good?

Stop panicking and read... what does it sound like to you?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 07:41:44 PM »

This is the POINT. No one has even read the f***ing emails yet.

This really is a total beat-up. It will hurt a little around the edges, but as to radically changing the race, no.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 07:59:59 PM »

This is the POINT. No one has even read the f***ing emails yet.

This really is a total beat-up. It will hurt a little around the edges, but as to radically changing the race, no.

Yeah, but nobody cares. Very early on (as in like, April or May 2015) the "scandal" became not about anything substantive, but about "look! another negative Hillary e-mail story!" as just a vague generality. The average voter probably couldn't explain 90% of the details about Hillary's emails to you, yet the stories hurt her regardless. Substance is totally irrelevant. That's just the way the media and the public is. It's very sad. Is it any better in Australia? Tongue

As for how it effects the race, I have no clue right now. Anything from a slight Trump bounce to a dead heat race or small Trump lead wouldn't surprise me at this point. But the same factor that was a blessing for Trump and allowed him to survive the McCain comments, the disabled reporter comments, the Khan stuff, the pussygrabber tape, and all the other disqualifying things he's said/done is now a curse: said media/American public's short attention span. For all we know this could be a distant memory in a week. In fact, I think it likely will be.

Nowhere near as bad. My total gut feel about this, is that while this issue being raised is a negative for Clinton, I'm not sure that it's inherently a positive for Trump. I can see a small drop in Clinton's numbers, but whether this actually transfers support is kind of the key.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 08:03:41 PM »

Wow...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 08:07:21 PM »

Putting aside its inaccuracies... I honestly laughed at this.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 08:31:06 PM »

This is a mix of relief and pissed off beyond belief. Relief because it looks like this all about nothing, and pissed off for that very same reason.

I'm pissed off because even though there's absolutely nothing there, the media will still spin this into a GAME CHANGER/OCTOBER SURPRISE and voters will buy into it.

The future of American democracy is in danger because of an internal feud between FBI offices.

Seriously... calm. Some voters will buy into it, but nowhere near enough.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 08:48:00 PM »

This is a mix of relief and pissed off beyond belief. Relief because it looks like this all about nothing, and pissed off for that very same reason.

I'm pissed off because even though there's absolutely nothing there, the media will still spin this into a GAME CHANGER/OCTOBER SURPRISE and voters will buy into it.

The future of American democracy is in danger because of an internal feud between FBI offices.

Seriously... calm. Some voters will buy into it, but nowhere near enough.
Also, your nonchalant/above it all attitude is betraying your panic, as is your need to consistently remind people that this isn't a real story. If American voters are concerned, they will respond in the polls and at the polls on November 8th.

Thank you! The media is desperate for ratings so they'll do anything to spin this false narrative that the race is "tightening." Sad!
Really? CNN has been telling me that Trump is going to lose UT, GA, and maybe TX, and that if I go to vote for him all I'm doing is wasting my time. I've been hearing it for like three weeks.
When your candidate sucks ass, that is going to happen.  Doesn't mean that they don't want to get the clicks from a horse race.
So when a candidate sucks ass, the media is of course going to pounce on it. Like they are on your candidate. Right now. Right before an election.

One thing I can tell you... I'm not in any way panicking. Not. At. All.

One thing though, I hope you've not gone back to the meetings, because you're acting like you did when you were.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 09:05:57 PM »

The worst thing is if this current email "scandal" turns out like the Bush DUI did in 2000* and permanently depresses her turnout. In any case, all of the election trackers will have Trump +6 any day now.

*In fact, the more I think of it, Bush would have lost outright -- PV and EV -- had the DUI story broke one week sooner than it did. Just like this email business.

Wait... you're being serious. My God, this campaign cannot end soon enough.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 09:21:24 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 09:23:26 PM by Fmr President & Senator Polnut »

Either the Clinton team has hard evidence of Trump committing a crime or this is over.  I'm serious.

You've been ridiculous this WHOLE season, that's the only way to explain this.

You've argued that even at her peak, Clinton would win by 2-3% max, therefore it makes sense that you've gone off the deep end on this one.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 09:27:01 PM »

If this even does cost Clinton votes, I don't see it being more than a percent or two. So maybe she wins by 5-6 instead of 7-8. Whatever.

Such a blind hack, obviously this is over. I mean, seriously.

But yes, this is my feel, this only hurts on the periphery.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 09:29:04 PM »

Either the Clinton team has hard evidence of Trump committing a crime or this is over.  I'm serious.

You've been ridiculous this WHOLE season, that's the only way to explain this.

You've argued that even at her peak, Clinton would win by 2-3% max, therefore it makes sense that you've gone off the deep end on this one.

I thought it would be Clinton +2.5 for the whole season, even when Trump was getting his convention/1st FBI bounce.  This reminds me of the Bush DUI more than anything else.  I now think Clinton will lose the electoral college and the PV could go either way.

Sorry, this is legitimately mad.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 09:46:27 PM »

I thought it would be Clinton +2.5 for the whole season, even when Trump was getting his convention/1st FBI bounce.  This reminds me of the Bush DUI more than anything else.  I now think Clinton will lose the electoral college and the PV could go either way.

Why have you doubted the polls? Isn't that the kind of behavior that made fools of numerous pundits/analysts when they said "nooo Trump won't win, it's ok."

Hillary has been ahead almost the entire time, and that was before early voting started. She has weathered worse storms so far. If you're right, then Trump should be up in the polls by the middle-end of next week. If he isn't, then you're wrong. Too many votes are being put away already. Trump would need a more aggressive lead and quick to win this.

Anyway, I think you're being way too dramatic here, and Polnut is right, and I don't mean any offense really but you've been obscenely pessimistic about any sort of convincing win, or even a Clinton win, for some reason.

We'll see.  Perhaps I am overreacting or perhaps there is a really strong anti-Trump hit yet to come.  That having been said, I remember when you thought this would be another 1964, so you have clearly become more pessimistic with time as well.  Keep in mind that the economic/approval/war and peace fundamentals models basically have this election as a tie.  That's where I think this thing is going if this investigation makes her look equally as bad as Trump.  But Clinton will have a heck of a time with the EC if it's a tie (unless it's specifically all of the hesitant red state R's coming home).  

I think you just got an idea in your head... ie, if Trump wasn't down by 20% then it would be close, I don't think you've been unable to break yourself of that idea, given your rejection of data.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 10:31:53 PM »

This election is now close to being over. Trump recovering in the polls, Email investigation, and stocks dropping should be enough for him to win.
Goodbye economy on November 8th, you won't be seeing a good one again until 2025.

Maybe not ever. America will be a developing nation like the Philippines.

It's bad enough this thing is still going ... do we need to revisit these suicidal posts?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 10:42:04 PM »

Lo and behold my friends, the backfire.

Where does this come from?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 11:15:20 PM »

Not to be a constant prophet of doom, but... the people who might be swayed by this story don't read HuffPost.

Show me what the networks are saying, and I'll tell you if I'm worried or not.

Despite it's early irresponsible activity, CNN is tearing Comey a new one.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 12:34:32 AM »

Honestly how on Earth is this even a scandal? This is basically what I understand:

-FBI investigates Weiner.
-FBI finds more emails between Hillary and Huma on it.
-The emails had nothing to do with her private email server.

So basically the scandal is...Hillary sent some emails to someone who worked for her who happened to be married to a perverted guy?
No, the scandal is that Huma was under subpoena, failed to disclose this device and release e-mails between herself and Hillary Clinton as required under that subpoena. Her creepy husband gets busted for sexting with an underage girl, the NY FBI, who is investigating Weiner, unearths these e-mails. The DC FBI is obligated to investigate.

That's a scandal for Huma, not Hillary. Anything else is outright disingenuous and what Comey did was completely out of lines.

Poor Seriously?, coming out from under his rock to bask, only to have to amount to nothing Smiley ... I mean Sad Sad.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016, 12:49:50 AM »

Over 1000 posts in 12 hours for something that is supposedly no big deal, according to many Democrats?  I'm flipping Wisconsin in my prediction map and flipping the election to Trump.  I had lost all hope a week or two ago, but this news was nothing short of the miracle that may save America (and, of course, millions of American babies)!

You're about 9 hours too late. "Extreme Republican" stuck in the past?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 01:05:54 AM »

I just got home from work and what the hell is all this

It's Atlas a week and a bit before the election...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2016, 10:06:59 PM »

Should be noted that the story is no long trending on Twitter or FB's main trends.

That's not necessarily good news for Clinton, since she probably wants people to read about this story's second act just as they read about its first. Then again, whoever has been in the news this whole election has been the one who has seen their numbers drop.

I don't think so - I think it says that this story didn't really burrow in.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2016, 02:41:03 AM »

SCREW THE AUSTRALIAN MEDIA, THEY ARE STILL SPINNING THIS AS A HUGE ISSUE!

They're not ...really. What I've seen is being spun as "Hillary demands answers from FBI" - plus this election season shows just how little so many journalists understand about either this specific issue, or American politics in general.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2016, 04:16:46 AM »

Seriously, don't feed him, if keeps spamming, he won't be around for much longer.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies