Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:02:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific  (Read 11156 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2009, 02:05:40 AM »

hey why are you insulting others when you need to make a name for yourself??

Because Ebowed and Meeker have been running a smear campaign and I have decided that if they are going to attack me, I will remind voters of Ebowed's record. It's not very pretty.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2009, 02:08:52 AM »

We have merely pointed out the problems with some of your statements.

All things considered, the campaign you are running is very inflammatory.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2009, 02:09:49 AM »

All things considered, the campaign you are I am running is very inflammatory.

Fixed.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2009, 02:12:57 AM »

Because Ebowed and Meeker have been running a smear campaign and I have decided that if they are going to attack me, I will remind voters of Ebowed's record. It's not very pretty.
look i know you think being rude is how you get a spot. but it really isn't. Quite frankly i would have given you my vote had you not been mean/rude at all.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2009, 02:21:20 AM »

look i know you think being rude is how you get a spot. but it really isn't. Quite frankly i would have given you my vote had you not been mean/rude at all.
I haven't been rude, merely honest. Ebowed and Meeker have been attacking me and smearing me but don't want to debate real issues like Ebowed's tenure as GM or PPT. Both positions were regarded as failures. I'm not spreading lies to try and win.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2009, 02:33:53 AM »

I haven't been rude, merely honest. Ebowed and Meeker have been attacking me and smearing me but don't want to debate real issues like Ebowed's tenure as GM or PPT. Both positions were regarded as failures. I'm not spreading lies to try and win.
ok fair enough. lay out your plan for me to see.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2009, 03:00:27 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2009, 03:11:53 AM by Hamilton »

ok fair enough. lay out your plan for me to see.

I promote an agenda of fiscal fairness- reforming tax codes to benefit the working class, balancing the budget as to not waste our tax dollars on loan interest, and fair trade. I promote an agenda of environmental caution- resolving the dangerous bee crisis, preserving the Pacific’s beautiful natural landscapes, and strengthening recycling requirements. I promote an agenda of education reform- working on behalf of our students' best interests, including advocating for year-round schooling and more advanced course options and vocational training. I promote an agenda of good government- that our elected and appointed officials have a distinct responsibility to serve citizens and perform given duties at expectations. I have been a true voice for progress among Atlasians.

What you get from a Hamilton candidacy is a forward-thinking administration and common-sense solutions to the critical problems we face today.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2009, 04:48:58 AM »

Hamilton is a sad and desperate person who clearly doesn't think he's going to win this race. He also knows he has absolutely no record to run on and that his policy proposals are garbage.

As a result he resorts to the only possible plan that could work: Lying and smearing Ebowed and, on occasion, myself. He hopes the Pacific will be tricked by his nonsense, but I think they're smarter than that.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2009, 11:00:29 AM »

What will you do about the bee crisis?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2009, 11:08:14 AM »

At the end of the day, you are better off rising above the criticism and jabs and talking around it. The original likelihood of you winning this race was incredibly slim, but the campaign has all but removed whatever chance that was.

Ebowed has been doing this for too long. He knows what he is doing. Notice how his attacks are displayed as innocent and funny, while you have only been reactionary. His methods exactly match any other negative campaign and you feel into the trap of going overboard to combat the smears. Now would be a good time to cut your losses and finish the campaign with some dignity. After the election, remain active in the legislature, build a record and a name, gain some respect, and then you can try again. But finishing this race in a blaze of glory won't help you in any conceivable way.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2009, 11:12:16 AM »

Ban certain pesticides, provide additional funding for beekeepers, penalize heavily anyone caught destroying colonies, etc.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2009, 11:15:32 AM »

Ban certain pesticides, provide additional funding for beekeepers, penalize heavily anyone caught destroying colonies, etc.
ok.
and education?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2009, 11:27:08 AM »

ok.
and education?

Charter schools, year-round schools, vocational training, more advanced course offerings, more electives and arts classes for cultured Atlasians, as well as more efficient funding mandates.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2009, 11:27:54 AM »

ok.
and education?

Charter schools, year-round schools, vocational training, more advanced course offerings, more electives and arts classes for cultured Atlasians, as well as more efficient funding mandates.
will there be music in schools as well?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2009, 11:29:15 AM »

ok.
and education?

will there be music in schools as well?

Yes, included in what I refer to as "arts." Sorry I didn't specify.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2009, 03:21:22 PM »

Moderate heroism is so 2008.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2009, 07:35:05 PM »

Do you consider it ethical to abuse a position of power in order to block a confirmation unconstitutionally?

I don't.

Hamilton- he's looking out for YOU.

stalker! Tongue
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2009, 07:35:51 PM »

Do you consider it ethical to abuse a position of power in order to block a confirmation unconstitutionally?

Yes.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2009, 07:45:37 PM »

PUBLIC STATEMENT REGARDING JCP CONVENTION

As we all know, the Jesus Christ Party Convention is ongoing. On the ballot of particular note, is a request to change the name of the party. I personally like the name Jesus Christ Party. I think the light-hearted irony mixed with the strong history and hard work of bgwah leaves a legacy that might be undone should an official name change be brought about. I know there are many in both parties that agree with my position on this matter. For the people that happen to find the name silly- would you really be happier being referred to as the Liberal Left Party?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2009, 07:48:02 PM »

I would prefer another name, but where it gets difficult is the hundreds and hundreds of Wiki pages that some of us will have to update because of this. Wink
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »

I would prefer another name, but where it gets difficult is the hundreds and hundreds of Wiki pages that some of us will have to update because of this. Wink

Haha it took long enough to update the RPP membership.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »

PUBLIC STATEMENT REGARDING GM NOMINATION

I'd like to sincerely congratulate Senator Purple State for earning this nomination. He has been incredibly active, made good use of reason, and most important of all, maintains an impartial attitude towards good governance in Atlasia, preferring to see a good game rather than a good party. I'd also like to note my appreciation of Brandon H's resignation. It takes strength and leadership to be able to admit one's shortcoming. Brandon H was well-qualified, but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I doubt any of us will hold it against him, for he did the right thing. Purple State, you have my full confidence for this position.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2009, 08:11:29 PM »

In the end the JCP is up in arms because bgwah wanted to stack the Midwest to take me down in October. Now he really can't fully do that with a bunch of new RPP members in the Pacific.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2009, 08:20:48 PM »

In the end the JCP is up in arms because bgwah wanted to stack the Midwest to take me down in October. Now he really can't fully do that with a bunch of new RPP members in the Pacific.

Read the Atlasia pages, you've had that seat for 4 years now?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2009, 08:22:46 PM »

Read the Atlasia pages, you've had that seat for 4 years now?

Four months I believe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies