Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:53:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 48
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 184143 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: December 05, 2013, 01:44:54 AM »

The relevant Law:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #801 on: December 05, 2013, 09:28:28 PM »

The relevant Law:

Too bad you officially resigned your Senate seat while a member of the "Reality or Nothing Party," and not as a member of the Progressive Union. I see you have since deleted your post in the New Register Thread, but I know it was there through last night and for at least two days, and your registration took place sometime yesterday afternoon. You deleted it so you could use this loophole to allow the Progressive Union to appoint your replacement. They don't get to do so by law because you weren't a member of the party when you resigned.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #802 on: December 05, 2013, 09:36:44 PM »

The relevant Law:

Too bad you officially resigned your Senate seat while a member of the "Reality or Nothing Party," and not as a member of the Progressive Union. I see you have since deleted your post in the New Register Thread, but I know it was there through last night and for at least two days, and your registration took place sometime yesterday afternoon. You deleted it so you could use this loophole to allow the Progressive Union to appoint your replacement. They don't get to do so by law because you weren't a member of the party when you resigned.

Napoleon had edited his original post some time before he deleted it, changing back to the Progressive Union (while leaving a state change intact).  I believe this was done before he resigned, but of course this can't be proven as the evidence has been deleted.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #803 on: December 05, 2013, 09:40:59 PM »

I thought that the accepted way to change one's registration was to post again, not to edit an old post. If the latter had been the case, a poster who registered in August 2004 and had edited their post in January 2013 to change party affiliation could expect the Registrar General to record that change.

Seems pretty clear that he was not a member of the Progressive Union when he resigned.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #804 on: December 05, 2013, 09:43:38 PM »

I thought that the accepted way to change one's registration was to post again, not to edit an old post. If the latter had been the case, a poster who registered in August 2004 and had edited their post in January 2013 to change party affiliation could expect the Registrar General to record that change.

Seems pretty clear that he was not a member of the Progressive Union when he resigned.

I feel I have to ask, if it's proved that Napoleon was not a member of the Progressive Union when he resigned the Senate seat, what happens then? Wouldn't that mean that he gets to appoint his successor anyway given that he is/was the only member of the "Reality or Nothing Party"?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #805 on: December 05, 2013, 09:46:39 PM »

The relevant statue states that the law is only applicable if the resigning Senator was a member of a major party, so the seat would have to remain vacant, I am correct. I think when Wormyguy was expelled about a month before the At-Large Senate Election of August 2012, his seat lay vacant since he was the only member of the Rick Perry Party (not to mention he had disappeared totally).
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #806 on: December 05, 2013, 10:18:30 PM »

The relevant Law:

1. That post had been edited.
2. Until published by the RG, there is no record of a party change
3. Do you really think I would resign without knowing what party I am in? Lol
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #807 on: December 05, 2013, 10:20:42 PM »

It's been evident for quite some time that you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, so it's entirely possible you would resign without knowing what party you're in. Lol
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #808 on: December 05, 2013, 10:22:50 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2013, 10:24:27 PM by Nappy Two Necklace! »

What happened to the "party of ideas"? Party of personal attacks and pettiness was more appealing? According to the Census Bureau, I am a member of the Progressive Union and was at the time of my resignation. Unless you ha e hard evidence contradicting this, well, you don't. Too bad.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #809 on: December 05, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »

What happened to the "party of ideas"? Party of personal attacks and pettiness was more appealing?

dude your last piece of legislation was about clones
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #810 on: December 05, 2013, 10:25:39 PM »

What happened to the "party of ideas"? Party of personal attacks and pettiness was more appealing?

Amending a law that was already existing! Apparently clones have been important to this government for years.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #811 on: December 05, 2013, 10:28:23 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2013, 10:30:40 PM by Talleyrand »

What happened to the "party of ideas"? Party of personal attacks and pettiness was more appealing? According to the Census Bureau, I am a member of the Progressive Union and was at the time of my resignation. Unless you ha e hard evidence contradicting this, well, you don't. Too bad.

Amending a law that was already existing! Apparently clones have been important to this government for years.

If your party switch didn't count until RG updated his thread, then why did you edit *and* delete the post?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #812 on: December 05, 2013, 10:31:26 PM »

If your party switch didn't count until RG updated his thread, then why did you edit *and* delete the post?

I think you quoted the wrong post, sharp tool. I edited the post to change my party then deleted it because I can't have a beach house in focking Nevada.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #813 on: December 05, 2013, 10:31:54 PM »

I've watched enough CSI to know that when the guy sitting at the table is accused and stands up and says, "Prove it", 99.9% of the time, he ends up being guilty of exactly what he was accused of.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #814 on: December 05, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »

I've watched enough CSI to know that when the guy sitting at the table is accused and stands up and says, "Prove it", 99.9% of the time, he ends up being guilty of exactly what he was accused of.

Except the RG himself stated the same thing before I said it. But I'm glad you believe everything you see on Tv.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #815 on: December 05, 2013, 10:34:23 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2013, 10:43:43 PM by Talleyrand »

So are you going to back and delete every one of your posts in that thread dating back to its creation since you didn't have a "beach house in focking Nevada"? And why you couldn't have edited your original post another time to express a change in state since apparently editing it to express a change in party affiliation was okay? Roll Eyes

Your excuses are even more pathetic than your actions.  
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #816 on: December 05, 2013, 10:35:05 PM »

Except the RG himself stated the same thing before I said it. But I'm glad you believe everything you see on Tv.

Awfully defensive for someone who alleges he didn't do anything wrong...
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #817 on: December 05, 2013, 10:49:49 PM »

Clearly, the only solution to this quandary is to storm the Beach House and give the former Senator a taste of the People's Cocktail.

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #818 on: December 06, 2013, 12:34:26 AM »

Haha this is awesome. The election is in like a week guys. Chill out.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #819 on: December 06, 2013, 01:11:10 AM »
« Edited: December 06, 2013, 01:13:10 AM by Nappy Two Necklace! »

ATTN SoFE Homelycooking:

Due to the unforeseen controversy regarding the vacancy caused by my resignation, I bring to your attention the current statute:

Napoleon deleted his change to the "Reality or Nothing" party, presumably so that the Progressive Union could fill his vacant seat.

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #820 on: December 06, 2013, 01:17:01 AM »

Nappy, I would be the relevant member of the Department of Forum Affairs in this matter.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #821 on: December 06, 2013, 01:20:12 AM »
« Edited: December 06, 2013, 01:23:06 AM by Nappy Two Necklace! »

Nappy, I would be the relevant member of the Department of Forum Affairs in this matter.

The SoFE is responsible for handling the vacancy according to the Proportional Representation Act. Right?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #822 on: December 06, 2013, 01:56:43 AM »

Does that predate the splitting of the office?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #823 on: December 06, 2013, 01:57:35 AM »

I could be wrong here- but I believe the law was passed in late 2010, while the forum affairs reform act was passed in mid 2010.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #824 on: December 10, 2013, 04:13:46 PM »

So far, these are the candidates who have declared for the Senate election this Friday:

Talleyrand (Labor)
Sibboleth (Cultural Marxist)
Shua (Democratic-Republican)
Mr X (Labor)
Goldwater (Federalist)
tmthforu (Federalist)
Flo (Progressive)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies