Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:25:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 153723 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: August 05, 2013, 07:51:02 PM »

In my family, the man pays for EVERYTHING and the woman pays for NOTHING

Unless the woman is a mother providing for her lazy and grown man child son?

Bushie is a "man"?

New day, new shocking fact.

Hi, Kal, haven't seen you in a while!

Is Kal your code name for your...

nevermind
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #551 on: August 05, 2013, 07:54:08 PM »

The evening is going along just fine.  I'm watching some Yankee/White Sox baseball on my tablet and just chilling.  I'll be ready to go to bed by 2230 and up again by 0500.  Tomorrow should be a full day, as we should have the passwords for the computers and be able to start on the security lessons that precede the actual CAD work.  I hope we can get started on CAD by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #552 on: August 05, 2013, 07:58:38 PM »

In my family, the man pays for EVERYTHING and the woman pays for NOTHING

Unless the woman is a mother providing for her lazy and grown man child son?

Bushie is a "man"?

New day, new shocking fact.

Bushie self-identifies as a man, so he is indeed a man, yes.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #553 on: August 05, 2013, 08:10:06 PM »

I don't like the badmouthing of homemakers. Running and maintaining a household, especially one with kids, is a lot more work than a lot of people realize.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #554 on: August 05, 2013, 08:13:27 PM »

I don't like the badmouthing of homemakers. Running and maintaining a household, especially one with kids, is a lot more work than a lot of people realize.

Sure and if Bushie meets a nice lady (or man! not giving up on the "Bushie makes a gay friend" story arc yet), and they get married then he or she can decide to become a homemaker and stay at home with the children. But until then he should date someone who's doing something with her life, no?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #555 on: August 05, 2013, 08:16:31 PM »

Sure and if Bushie meets a nice lady (or man! not giving up on the "Bushie makes a gay friend" story arc yet), and they get married then he or she can decide to become a homemaker and stay at home with the children. But until then he should date someone who's doing something with her life, no?

Question is, will this hypothetical woman want to date our story's protagonist? Huh
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #556 on: August 06, 2013, 09:27:40 AM »

Are you researching a new job Bushie?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #557 on: August 06, 2013, 04:22:40 PM »

I am going to school for a new career field (Computer Aided Drafting and Design - Mechanical).  This schooling will be complete in May 2014 after which I plan to get a job in Kansas City, Missouri.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #558 on: August 06, 2013, 04:34:41 PM »

Anyway, I'm home from a good day.  We finished the safety modules that we required by the school.  Tomorrow, we should be able to start on real CADD work.  We've got AutoCAD 2014 and 3D Maxx 2014 on our computers at school and we'll be getting another monitor to put on each of our desks making dual 24" monitors to play with.  The book will likely be AutoCAD 2012, but according to the instructor there are only a few inconsequential changes.  He's going to check into the availability of the AutoCAD 2014 textbook and see if it is cost effective to get the book.  This is exactly what I needed to do.  People here question me for going back to school, but they also urged me to get out of the call center, and this is the best way to do it.  It's also more beneficial, for me, to focus 100% on CADD and not work at this time.  I think it was good that JC Penney never called me back and that Target rejected me right off.  Looking back, I am grateful for those two rejections.  There will be homework, mainly occasional reading.  Plus, knowing my body, I cannot go 12+ hours a day for 5-6 days a week or I will pass out.  I've done it before, twice.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #559 on: August 06, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »

You all might like this.  I've already discovered out during the school day, I can drink 5 glasses of water between the hours of 7:40 and 14:15.  I take a bottle of water with me in my lunch with some Dasani Pink Lemonade squirts mixed in and drink it in the morning and that lasts me right up until lunch, and then I can put $1.25 in the machine at the end of lunch and get a bottle of Dasani water.  This might be the key to get more water in my system along with learning a new career field.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #560 on: August 06, 2013, 05:08:16 PM »

What's the difference between CAD and CADD?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #561 on: August 06, 2013, 05:20:20 PM »

It's a class high schoolers probably take. I doubt you need to focus 100% on CAD, but I will remind you and everyone else how I said you'd never work part time months ago. You, of course, attacked me for talking you down, but here we are. Wink

Further, you continue to be an absolutist. Yes, we said to get out of call centers, but that doesn't mean we meant sink another $5k into CAD, a class you never showed interest in before your dad randomly brought it up.

As I said, we'll see who's right and how this turns out.... Place your bets!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #562 on: August 06, 2013, 05:28:30 PM »

im confused.  why is he paying 5k for a high school level class?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #563 on: August 06, 2013, 05:31:48 PM »

I don't actually know how much he's spending, but it sounds like he's taking classes high schoolers take while also going a full day at school, so I fail to see a reason why he's incapable of working part time except that he's just lazy, which we all already know is the case.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #564 on: August 06, 2013, 05:45:40 PM »

Nothing.  CADD is the more appropriate acronym - Computer Aided Drafting and Design.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #565 on: August 06, 2013, 05:48:57 PM »

It's a class high schoolers probably take. I doubt you need to focus 100% on CAD, but I will remind you and everyone else how I said you'd never work part time months ago. You, of course, attacked me for talking you down, but here we are. Wink

Further, you continue to be an absolutist. Yes, we said to get out of call centers, but that doesn't mean we meant sink another $5k into CAD, a class you never showed interest in before your dad randomly brought it up.

As I said, we'll see who's right and how this turns out.... Place your bets!

We shall see who is right, won't we!  There are 5 other adult students taking the same class ranging in ages from mid 20's to mid 50's.  I am not the only adult.  The class costs $3,000, which is a small price to invest for something that should pay some pretty nice dividends.  Plus, it is so much better than a call center.  I had to do something, and I think picked correctly.  We'll see how this game plays out.  Just remember, I, and I alone, call the shots here. Tongue  I can rig this game to where I win!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #566 on: August 06, 2013, 06:28:46 PM »

As opebo would say:  once bushie gets his cad certificate he will be a qualified bounder.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #567 on: August 06, 2013, 06:38:32 PM »

Nothing.  CADD is the more appropriate acronym - Computer Aided Drafting and Design.

So why have you never used "CADD" until today?  Seems like a random time to change lol
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #568 on: August 06, 2013, 06:43:44 PM »

So why have you never used "CADD" until today?  Seems like a random time to change lol

Don't know.  They're both valid, and the school website uses CAD, but CADD is probably more appropriate according to the teacher who has spent 23 years in the field.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #569 on: August 06, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »

I'm re-discovering something as I've gotten up at 0500 the past two mornings: My body gets tired a lot sooner at that wake up than at an 0800 or 0830 start! I feel myself getting tired pretty rapidly, so I had to abandon course and go ahead and get my shower! I'm going to try to finish the game and then have a brief Bible Study for 30 minutes. I think I will up my bed time from 2230 to 2130, though.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #570 on: August 06, 2013, 08:34:39 PM »

I'm re-discovering something as I've gotten up at 0500 the past two mornings: My body gets tired a lot sooner at that wake up than at an 0800 or 0830 start! I feel myself getting tired pretty rapidly, so I had to abandon course and go ahead and get my shower! I'm going to try to finish the game and then have a brief Bible Study for 30 minutes. I think I will up my bed time from 2230 to 2130, though.

This sounds like a prelude to attendance issues.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #571 on: August 06, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »

How so?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #572 on: August 06, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »

How so?

You're starting to tell us how tired you are. That will grow and then you won't be feeling up to going.  It's a slow progression.  I have a feeling the job attendance problems started this way.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #573 on: August 06, 2013, 08:41:15 PM »

How so?

You're starting to tell us how tired you are. That will grow and then you won't be feeling up to going.  It's a slow progression.  I have a feeling the job attendance problems started this way.

All I'm saying is my body gets tired sooner because I wake up sooner.  Isn't that natural?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #574 on: August 06, 2013, 08:43:49 PM »

Bushie how long does it take to drive from your home to the school?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies