The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:57:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 98
Author Topic: The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)  (Read 147054 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: June 10, 2014, 08:12:19 PM »

99% in, it never got closer. Cantor loses by 12 points. Wow.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #951 on: June 10, 2014, 08:13:24 PM »

god damn Maine Republicans. It looks like they may throw a potential seat in the trash.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #952 on: June 10, 2014, 08:13:41 PM »

As we continue to await calls for SC Rep. Lt. Gov, SC Rep. Reg. Senate, The Arkansas Runoffs, and the ME-02 primaries, North Dakota wins the 'most boring state of the night' award, with Sinner (D), Cramer (R), and Seamen (L) winning the house nominations unopposed.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #953 on: June 10, 2014, 08:15:35 PM »

Graham gets the AP check.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #954 on: June 10, 2014, 08:15:54 PM »

Am I the only Democrat who's not happy about this? Reason and moderation lost, the Tea Party is back. Ugh.

You are the only one. And on what planet is Cantor moderate? lol.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #955 on: June 10, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »

Not that it matters, but North Dakota closed their polls 8 minutes ago. Republican Rep. Kevin Cramer will be going up against State Sen. George Sinner (D), the son of former Governor George A. Sinner, in November. ND doesn't have a Governor or Senate election this year.

ME-2 - 19% in and Cain has a 46 point (1,200 vote) lead over Jackson 73-27. Poliquin is widening his lead vote over Kevin Raye and leading 62-38. The LePage Tea Partier just might be able to pull this out.

In the SC (G) GOP primary, Graham's numbers are falling a little now leading with only 59% of the vote, though he's likely to survive as the polls have suggested this whole time. Democratic State Senator Brad Hutto will be his opponent in November.

On the other jumble of SC races, incumbent Republican Bob Livingston survives to see another day as Adjutant General as will Agriculture Commissioner Hugh Weathers. It looks like McMaster will be succeeding McConnell as the Lt. Gov., and the race still hasn't been called for Treasurer Curtis Loftis (R), but he does lead 62-38. It will officially be Haley v. Shaheen in November now, to.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #956 on: June 10, 2014, 08:19:34 PM »

Politico calls the senate primary for Graham, who is leading Bright 59-13 with 54% in!

Still nothing significant from AR.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #957 on: June 10, 2014, 08:23:32 PM »

How ironic that Graham, who many people thought would be forced into a runoff, will end up winning outright. While Cantor, who virtually nobody thought would be in any danger (with a worst case scenario being winning by less than 20 points) goes down, and in a landslide.

And Graham was a much bigger proponent of immigration reform than Cantor was, even calling some who opposed it bigots. It seems there is no nationwide trend here.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #958 on: June 10, 2014, 08:24:09 PM »

Politico calls the senate primary for Graham, who is leading Bright 59-13 with 54% in!

Still nothing significant from AR.

Politico doesn't call any race.  The AP does, and Politico and the newspapers reliant on their data usually follow.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #959 on: June 10, 2014, 08:25:33 PM »

This is awful. What reason did enough Republicans in his district feel he should be ousted?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #960 on: June 10, 2014, 08:27:17 PM »

ME-02 Dem goes for Cain, who leads Jackson 74-26 with 30% in!

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #961 on: June 10, 2014, 08:29:34 PM »

Sorry for those supporting Jackson, personally I'm happy for Cain!
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #962 on: June 10, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »

ME-02 Dem goes for Cain, who leads Jackson 74-26 with 30% in!

Depressing. The LePage appeaser gets to face the LePageite.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #963 on: June 10, 2014, 08:35:17 PM »

Raye keeps getting closer. I have a feeling he will pass Polquin. If not, hello Congresswoman Emily Cain.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #964 on: June 10, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2014, 08:38:30 PM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

This is awful. What reason did enough Republicans in his district feel he should be ousted?
Cantor had a massive cash and ad advantage on Brat and was storming fliers into mailboxes that he opposed amnesty. Brat didn't let up though and Cantor was getting booed head on at town halls for calling Brat's statements "inaccurate" and despite spending, spending and more spending, Cantor lost his right-hand man as local Republican Party Chairman to an anti-Cantor, Tea Party Chairman.

It's going to suck to see Cain replacing Michaud, but hey, it could be worse. Tongue
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #965 on: June 10, 2014, 08:46:42 PM »

It will officially be Haley v. Shaheen in November now, to.

This is South Carolina, not New Hampshire.  It's Sheheen, not Shaheen.  Still remains to see what impact if any, Ervin's run as an Independent Republican will have.

Incidentally, in SC-2 This November won't be the first time Joe Wilson will be facing Phil Black, tho it will be the first time in November as their three previous matches were all in the June primary before Black switched parties for his fourth bite at the apple.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #966 on: June 10, 2014, 08:49:54 PM »

SC Rep. Lt. Gov. is going to a runoff. McMaster will be in the runoff, as well as whoever wins the incredibly close battle for second between McKinney and Campbell. Narrow lead for McKinney with 71% in.

In AR, Rutledge leading Sterling 56 to 44 with 13% in for Att. Gen. Flippo leading Burris 51 to 49 with 23% in for State Senate District 17. Nothing significant for State House District 16.

43% for ME-02 (R), Poliquin leading Raye 56-44.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #967 on: June 10, 2014, 08:57:33 PM »

Cantor had a massive cash and ad advantage on Brat and was storming fliers into mailboxes that he opposed amnesty. Brat didn't let up though and Cantor was getting booed head on at town halls for calling Brat's statements "inaccurate" and despite spending, spending and more spending, Cantor lost his right-hand man as local Republican Party Chairman to an anti-Cantor, Tea Party Chairman.

It's going to suck to see Cain replacing Michaud, but hey, it could be worse. Tongue

What's wrong with Emily Cain? I know pretty much nothing about her (or her opponent).
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #968 on: June 10, 2014, 08:58:44 PM »

What's wrong with Emily Cain? I know pretty much nothing about her (or her opponent).

The pervading narrative, at least here on the forum, is that she is more of a pro-business, DLC type.

edited to add: Oh, and apparently she's a traitor for voting for the state budget.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #969 on: June 10, 2014, 09:09:50 PM »

The pervading narrative, at least here on the forum, is that she is more of a pro-business, DLC type.

edited to add: Oh, and apparently she's a traitor for voting for the state budget.
Well, those are the problem's Sawx has with her, but she also has a high NRA rating, to. She might be pro-business, but she still supports a minimum wage hike plus she is more socially liberal on issues like abortion and SSM than Jackson is. Jackson is pro-life, anti-SSM, pro-gun and basically socially conservative, but is more fiscally liberal than Cain on things like unemployment benefits and labor rights.

So actually, I think I made the wrong endorsement lol. I would prefer Cain to Jackson, plus, Cain is younger and can hold the seat for a much longer time.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #970 on: June 10, 2014, 09:16:03 PM »

The ME-02 Republican Primary is currently 56-44 Poliquin over Raye.  Here's why it's not over yet: as you can see from the map below, the results are heavily regionalized, with Poliquin (in blue) winning many areas of the interior and Raye (in yellow) winning Down East.

The CD line is in black.  Towns yet to report are in green - though some are truly empty townships with no voters.  Sorry about the strange shape of Maine in the map projection - I only have a US-wide shapefile for 113th Congress CDs.

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #971 on: June 10, 2014, 09:22:37 PM »

No broad-based tax cuts.

If she's willing to go back on Democratic principles when the person she's working with is this guy of all people, then admittedly I'm concerned about how much she's willing to give away over rational people.

@Adam: I'm very surprised to hear you liked Jackson too. He's evolved on SSM, and he's nominally pro-life a la Bob Casey, but still he's decently socially conservative. I also think he's a better fit for the district than ME-2 because he's more tuned to rural voters (like Michaud), while Cain's main appeal is to suburbia.

But luckily for her, the race should be called for Poliquin any minute. Let's hope she pulls a Gillibrand once she gets elected to the legislature.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #972 on: June 10, 2014, 09:23:22 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2014, 09:26:10 PM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

It will officially be Haley v. Shaheen in November now, to.

This is South Carolina, not New Hampshire.  It's Sheheen, not Shaheen.  Still remains to see what impact if any, Ervin's run as an Independent Republican will have.
Whoops. That is a big mistake when one's a total DINO (Sheheen), but with Ervin and a Libertarian in the race, this might be worth watching still throughout the year. And speaking of spoiler candidates, could Ravenel steal enough votes from Graham to give Hutto even the slightest chance?

Polls have closed in Nevada btw, but no results yet. Hyepock seems to be the favorite though to win the Dem nomination and Sandoval will of course win his primary. In terms of House races, I'm pulling for Innis in NV-4 because he really isn't a half-bad Republican as someone who supports legal immigration and fighting income inequality. Horsford should be able to win no matter what, anyways. As for NV-3, Bilbray should easily get the nomination to face Heck. She's backed by Emily's List (no surprise), the Democratic establishment and her father is also former U.S. Representative.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #973 on: June 10, 2014, 09:25:57 PM »

ME-02 GOP goes for Poliquin, leading Raye 55-45 with 60% in!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #974 on: June 10, 2014, 09:28:37 PM »

AR GOP Att. Gen. goes for Rutledge, who leads Sterling 59-41 with 52% in!

Flippo narrowly leading Burris in Senate District 17, 51-49 with 86% in.

State House District 16 has a 60-40 lead for Ferguson over Trafford with 5% in.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 98  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies