The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 09:28:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Author Topic: The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA  (Read 42022 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: November 09, 2011, 12:47:53 AM »

Have Presidential Candidates from one of the major parties ever suggested that you, yourself, are a bad person, and that you deserve to die a slow a painful death because of it?

A month ago I saw a quote from Cain suggesting that anyone who "fails" is fully at fault, in all ways, for those failures, and that a failure is the opposite of a success, and that success is good. This to me suggests that failures are therefore bad people - otherwise they'd just choose to succeed!

Now I hear that Bachman has suggested that people who are not working should not bother eating. No loaves for loafers? something like that.

This is where I come in. I've pretty well been let go by my job. They, are supposed to, give me hours here and there, but for the past 3 weeks I've had not a single hour. They are trying to force me to quit. I consider myself thus unemployed.

I've discussed the issue with my Psychiatrist who suggests that my Autism runs deeper than even I thought. Apparently I do not look presentable, and, I "smell", despite making efforts to the contrary. To put it in a simple way, I am so crazy, I don't see that I look like a homeless man.

Going back to our Republican friends. Their comments have lead me to draw a simple conclusion. I am 100% at fault for my autism, and therefore, 100% at fault for my failures. I must be, since if my autism is causing me to fail, and failing is my fault, then I must be at fault for my autism. Beyond that, since my autism has left me unemployed, and, since finding another job is neigh on impossible given that I could be mistaken for a homeless person, I should not eat. This is where I'd like to note that not eating causes people to die a slow and painful death.

Put simply; according to the current and former front-runners of the Republican Party, I am a terrible person who deserves to die a slow and painful death, for being so terrible.

Fortunately, I hate the Republican Party, always have, and always will; and thus will use this fact to entertain myself and anyone else I can give the link to this post to.
I should also note that prior to this year, I did not even KNOW I had Autism. My shrink told me. The one that's paid for, for free, by the govt. Prior to this, I did not know what was wrong with me. Everyone just sort of assumed I was lazy. If I lived in the US, nobody would have even given me medical to go see a doctor (since I'm just lazy)

Of course, if I were in the US, nobody would have been there to stop me from doing myself in back in 2008.
I'm putting this here just in case some mod gets the bright idea to delete it. If so, this becomes an image and goes in my sig.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #326 on: November 10, 2011, 10:59:51 PM »

YELNOCONLEY

TPTTAA:
Want to do a TPTTAA Interview?

INTERVIEWEE:
Suh

TPTTAA:
?

INTERVIEWEE:
Frat boy pronunciation of the word "sure".  Interchangeable with the phrase "les' do iii'".

TPTTAA:
"iii"?

INTERVIEWEE:
it.  But you draw out the iiiiiii syllable and the t is so soft a simple ' will do.

TPTTAA:
Where do you learn all of these?

INTERVIEWEE:
Public School System.  I run Cross Country.

TPTTAA:
Running teaches you languages?

INTERVIEWEE:
Comraderie.  The bros.  And it's not language, it's dialect.

TPTTAA:
So, are you a jock then?

INTERVIEWEE:
No, not really.  Not at all, actually.  I'm just a guy.  Quiet, fairly smart, not a lot of friends.  But through some weird twist of fate, I'm captain of the Cross Country team.

And of course, going to practice 5 days out of the week, one naturally picks up a little lingo.

TPTTAA:
Why no friends?

INTERVIEWEE:
I've got a few close friends.  No larger circle of friends, I guess I should say.

And is this part of the interview?

TPTTAA:
No, that was the entire interview. Thanks for taking the time to talk to us!
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #327 on: November 13, 2011, 11:58:11 PM »

ANNOUNCING...
TPTTAA COMIX
http://tpttaa.cheezburger.com/

http://tpttaa.cheezburger.com/5433458432
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #328 on: November 14, 2011, 06:21:13 AM »

OH GOD
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #329 on: November 14, 2011, 07:01:54 AM »

UPDATE

Coming soon: interview with Nathan
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #330 on: November 14, 2011, 08:15:51 AM »

Damn liberal media!  Where's my airtime? Wink
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #331 on: November 14, 2011, 08:36:01 PM »

NATHAN

1. Who are you? There are some who may not know you, what can you tell them about you? When did you first join Atlasia, and what have you done since?

I joined the Atlas Forum late in 2010 and became an active poster in the spring. I was recruited to run for the JCP for a Northeast Assembly special election in July of this year and have been reelected to full terms in August and October. I'm lucky to serve with a legislature full of people who offer a lot of really good legislation, so I've mostly contented myself with offering amendments to improve legislation that I think is good but needs work. Most of my proudest work has been in refining legislation with Speaker Scott; I was also one of the Representatives who introduced Senator Napoleon's new Constitution for the region and shepherded it to passage and ratification in the October elections.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Definitely left-leaning. I'm not sure about the term 'progressive' because it implies a belief in progress to a set goal whereas I'm more about helping people in the conditions of the world as they are or have become over the years. I have my ideas about what a better world would look like, which tend to be both communitarian and (I hope) tolerant; I wouldn't describe myself as a revolutionary, but a societal revaluation of values to focus less on individual profit motive and pursuit of pelf and more on family, community, and respect for others and their differences would certainly not be unwelcome.

Overall I'd describe myself as a left-communitarian. My personal sympathies are in some respects more traditionalist socially than the JCP mainstream, with the exception of gay rights on which I'm unabashedly about as progressive as they come, but I'm in the JCP because I believe that toleration and allowances for people's mistakes are the only way we as a people can learn and improve and develop into something better.

My favorite pre-modern political thinkers include Mencius, Augustine, and some of Cicero. My modern loves include Tadano Makuzu, Isaiah Berlin, Kagawa Toyohiko, John Rawls, Gustavo Gutiérrez, and Charles Taylor. My most admired living political figures are Aung San Suu Kyi, Murata Renhō, and Michael D. Higgins.

My real name is Nathan, yes; it's the one I was born with and I respect my mother too much to change that any time soon. I was born in Greenfield, Massachusetts, grew up between Vermont and New Jersey, and am a junior at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. I'm a Japanese Language and Literature major, one of the most intensive in the College of Humanities and Fine Arts and one of the most respected Japanese programs in the country. Most of my work is in Japanese women's writing, religious literature, and aesthetic theory, with a recent interest in the first and third of these as applied to the Japanese theatrical tradition.

I think that I'm the best candidate because of the vision for Atlasia that I articulate: That everybody, no matter who they are or what their initial conditions, can survive and find life and love and joy in this country, if only they know where to look for it. It's not a new idea, and I know it's an idea that my opponents share and cherish just as I do; but I do believe that my program, my positions, and the outlook that I would bring to the Senate if elected--one that looks for a responsible community leavened and strengthened by mutual aid and respect--is the best way to fulfill this great promise.

To be honest, I would, to an extent, but this seat fortunate enough to have attracted one of the most talented and even-handed Atlasian regional politicians as the Rightist candidate. I served with Cincinnatus in the Northeast Assembly and he was our Speaker for one term. I supported him for Speaker and am proud to have done so and served with him in that capacity. So, while, yes, I do believe that I am the best candidate for this seat and would view a loss somewhat askance, I am glad that I have one of the best opponents on the Right any office-seeker in this country could ever ask for.

Yes! I have two cats. One is a Maine coon, fifteen years old, a barn cat, formerly a great hunter but now an indoor cat and ornery in his dotage. The other is a silver tabby shorthair mix, eight years old, a rescue with emotional problems that it took a lot of work to allay after my family got him. They can't be with me at college right now, but I love them very much and I'm looking forward to seeing them over the Thanksgiving break.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #332 on: November 14, 2011, 08:37:13 PM »

TPTTAA wishes to note that it endorses all kitty cats =^.^=
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #333 on: November 14, 2011, 08:52:13 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

Amazed anyone outside of Ireland knows who our new President is. Heh. Smiley
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #334 on: November 14, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2011, 09:41:41 PM by Teddy (SoFE) »

UPDATE
http://tpttaa.cheezburger.com/5436938240
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: November 14, 2011, 09:36:26 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2011, 09:39:20 PM by Teddy (SoFE) »

MOAR (subtitle: The President's Cabinet)
http://tpttaa.cheezburger.com/5437046528

I dunno if they like hotlinking but whatever
Title: Wait till Shua sees what his responsibilities are
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #336 on: November 14, 2011, 10:31:13 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

Amazed anyone outside of Ireland knows who our new President is. Heh. Smiley

I'm a fan of his poetry from when I picked up a book of his in a bookshop in Galway on a family trip in 2004 and noticed a while back that he seemed to be in politics as well (how I missed it I've no idea). Now I'm kind of jealous of you for having him.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #337 on: November 14, 2011, 10:56:16 PM »

Ha! Smiley
I will have to be more careful eating my cereal at the computer.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #338 on: November 16, 2011, 04:36:42 AM »

I'm not cross-eyed yet! Wink Give it time
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #339 on: November 16, 2011, 11:18:18 AM »

I wish I could have a mustache that impressive Sad
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #340 on: December 03, 2011, 11:45:29 PM »

TEDDY IS TALKING TO HIMSELF AGAIN

TPTTAA:
So, you Quit again. What did you quit this time and why?

INTERVIEWEE:
I Quit as SoFE, and ununquit the Senate race

TPTTAA:
SoFE? I thought you loved the job!

INTERVIEWEE:
There are many aspects I truly enjoy, but there are others that are terribly uncomfortable. I nearly quit after having to certify an inactive as winner in a Senate election - someone who has had the lowest approval rating of any Senator in quite a while - and I did not want to have to do that again.

TPTTAA:
But isn't that Democracy?

INTERVIEWEE:
No. Democracy is more than being instructed how to vote, Democracy, a healthy one anyway, is about educating yourself about the issues, paying attention, and not just casting ballots based on popularity or who is the same party as you. I support a healthy Democracy, and there is evermounting evidence that our Democracy is no longer healthy.

TPTTAA:
Oh?

INTERVIEWEE:
I've proposed a number of reform bills over my time as SoFE that have been ignored. Clearly the only way to get these bills into law is to force the Senate to look at them, and the only way to do that is to run, and hopefully, be elected.

TPTTAA:
What if you lose, will you go back to being SoFE?

INTERVIEWEE:
No.

TPTTAA:
How can we trust you?

INTERVIEWEE:
I will not go back to being SoFE.

TPTTAA:
Ever?

INTERVIEWEE:
Not for a long time.

TPTTAA:
How long?

INTERVIEWEE:

TPTTAA:
2013?

INTERVIEWEE:

TPTTAA:
So you will not be SoFE again until 2013?

INTERVIEWEE:
That's right, if at all.

TPTTAA:
Why?

INTERVIEWEE:
The job lacks the respect it deserves. In addition every election cycle, I get threatened by someone. I had enough of bullies in school, I do not need them anymore.

TPTTAA:
You are threatened? Bullied? So what?

INTERVIEWEE:
Perhaps it is a personality flaw of mine, I do not take well to threats.

TPTTAA:
How so?

INTERVIEWEE:
I've been know to do very stupid things when threatened.

TPTTAA:
...And this is why you don't want to be SoFE?

INTERVIEWEE:
In short, yes. There is a terrible lack of education about electoral law out there, and until that improves (which will make me immune to threats, as people will actually all know the law) then forget about it. I do not wish to return to being SoFE at this time.

TPTTAA:
What about other Cabinet positions?

INTERVIEWEE:
I am not a Moderator. I do not want to be President. I do not want to serve in the Interior or Exterior departments.

TPTTAA:
What if you lose the race for Senate?

INTERVIEWEE:
Then I will dedicate myself full-time to TPTTAA.

TPTTAA:
Oh that would be a joy!

INTERVIEWEE:
Indeed.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #341 on: December 04, 2011, 12:28:44 AM »

Weren't you the one doing the threatening?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #342 on: December 04, 2011, 01:13:35 AM »

Aside from a couple of bad apples I think people by and large appreciate you being in the job. It's a job I actually think needs a quirky individual such as yourself.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #343 on: December 04, 2011, 01:17:49 AM »

Who's threatening who? And I don't understand why you've quit. You're by far the best SoFA we've had in a while, and it doesn't make sense for you to quit that job right before the election. It'll hurt your campaign more than you realize.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: December 04, 2011, 02:07:12 AM »

I'm not *expecting* to win - I'm hoping to win, and that'll only happen if I can convince people that I can do more as Senator than I ever could as SoFE
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #345 on: December 04, 2011, 02:13:37 AM »

Weren't you the one doing the threatening?
No. If you wanted to sue me, all you had to do was keep your mouth shut. You choose to troll me, and your trolling was finally the last straw - I could no longer do the job with you threatening to sue me every time I took a step or sat down. If you had intended to sue, you would have done so without saying a word - the fact that you choose to speak up tells me you chose were attempting to press my buttons.

Congratulations, you succeeded.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: December 04, 2011, 02:14:42 AM »

Aside from a couple of bad apples I think people by and large appreciate you being in the job. It's a job I actually think needs a quirky individual such as yourself.
The problem is not the bad apples, it's those who ignore said apples, or worse, like Bill, take their side.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #347 on: December 04, 2011, 02:17:58 AM »

You threatened to resign right before an election if citizens spoke out against disgraceful electioneering shenanigans.
Teddy, I do think you ought to take a break and get healthy. When you do, you will be welcomed back and will likely make a nice SoFE. You've got to sort these issues out first man.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: December 04, 2011, 02:19:11 AM »

No, I said that if you threaten me, I will resign - and you did, so I did. It's all still there in the thread. As for your attacks on my "well-being" it is not needed. I am fine; moreso now that I'm out of that job.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2011, 11:18:59 PM »

TEDDY USES "TIME MACHINE"
After crawling out of a dumpster behind the local 241 Pizza, Teddy has made a claim that he has travelled though time and has returned to an earlier date

I've gone back to correct a mistake I made a long time ago and to redo this part of
     my life and everyhting that's happened since

Teddy, insists that the date is now March 18th 2011, and that he has just made this post:

I plan to run a very in-depth news service starting either tonight or tomorrow.

Added the following

Now that it is March 18th and I've freshly returned to Atlasia, I've decided that I will
        dedicate my time to running a full-time news service. TPTTAA will become the #1 news
        service in all of Atlasia. I will avoid running for office, or, holding cabinet positions
        because I am aware that this will only screw things up for me; as of today, March 18th
        and I am not silly enough to fall for that again. No. I will not serve throughout 2011.

When confronted with the fact that he just crawled out of a dumpster and that it is in fact December Teddy jammed his fingers in his years and screamed "LALALALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU LALALALALALA" and ran away with his fingers still in his ears. He then proceeded to fall, hit his head, and was knocked out cold for 5 minutes. Upon awaking, he said that he'd been "out cold for months" and insisted that the last 9 months "never happened"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies