The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:29:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90887 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: June 18, 2013, 03:36:43 PM »

Congrats on your appointment to the assembly.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2013, 03:53:14 PM »

Its day two of the elections and I've just voted. Don't forget to vote. Especially if you're a Federalist or part of the Union of National Democrats for Atlasia.

For those in the Mideast Region who haven't voted yet, please get out and consider voting for me for senate. I'm your independent voice for Free People, Free Markets and a Free Society. If I'm not your first cup of tea I suggest voting for TJ. He has an excellent record of service for the citizens of the Mideast and Atlasia as a whole and would make a great senator.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #227 on: July 03, 2013, 07:24:47 PM »

There he goes Again

My fellow culture warriors,

Outgoing Secretary Polnut is at it again. This time he attacks the Russian leader Vladimir Putin over singing legislation limiting gay rights further. While I don't usually back Putin on policy especially concerning Israel but on this I have to applaud the Russian attempts to keep this destructive lifestyle in check. Do I fully agree with the drastic authoritarian measures, no. Could he be looking at this as a national health issue? I don't know but to denegrate a major world leader and his country's policies over such a sensative issue is not wise when trying to build productive working relationships with the international community. Not everybody holds to your "enlightened" sensibilities. I don't but I'm not as drastic as the Russians. Respect their national sovereignty on how they handle this internally. Where we should work together is rescuing women and kids out of the hands of the human trafficker.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2013, 07:37:34 PM »

This is ridiculous. The contents of the Secretary's private conversations should have never been leaked in the first plac.  And I'm sure the only reason it leaked is because of you and the rest of the vast right wing conspiracy attempting to discredit the political achievements of the outgoing administration. Shame on you.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2013, 10:14:09 PM »

This is ridiculous. The contents of the Secretary's private conversations should have never been leaked in the first plac.  And I'm sure the only reason it leaked is because of you and the rest of the vast right wing conspiracy attempting to discredit the political achievements of the outgoing administration. Shame on you.

My folks had nothing to do with the leak. There's no doubt Polnut and I have some serious differences and he's actively made it personal to hinder my advancing to higher office but I slammed Putin as much as Polnut in my article.

Nix, I'm sorry that you choose to side with Polnut though I'm not surprised. For all of Putins flaws policy wise I believe he's right on this one and the administration is wrong.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2013, 11:57:02 PM »

but on this I have to applaud the Russian attempts to keep this destructive lifestyle in check.
[citation needed]
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #231 on: July 06, 2013, 12:11:59 PM »

I will be running for Mideast Assembly this month. I'll have my platform up in the next couple days.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »

We offer our deepest sympathies to Senator Scott as to the reason of his departure. In spite of his principaled liberalism we found ourselves on the same side on quite a few things. Namely our pragmatic ideas on helping inmates on a path to honest citizenship and protecting our kids against the trafficker and as a place of refuge for the victim who seeks healing and wholeness. Hope you are able to return soon.

Also you may've seen that this now a campaign for two races. I am standing in for a recently vacated at-large senate seat in addition to the Mideast Assembly race this weekend. There are times when Atlasia needs a choice and not an echo of the current status quo which is failing the people and has led to what is going on in the Pacific region. For the naysayers who think I won't represent all Atlasians that is a thought that needs to rendered nonexistent. I would represent all Atlasins fairly and justly. Our dark days are due to mistrust and fear. Regardless of conservativs fear of new ways and ideas of doing things or the progressive being resistant to tried and true ideas. We need both to promote the cause of human freedom.  Do we desire the upward trend to the maximum amamount of liberty within traditional law and order or towards the ash heap of despotism? If you seek the former, that cause of liberry, I seek your support.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2013, 04:58:15 AM »

As a candidate for the vacant At-Large Senate, would you be willing pledge to check every senate related thread every day, and if not then perhaps every two days?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2013, 10:49:20 AM »

As a candidate for the vacant At-Large Senate, would you be willing pledge to check every senate related thread every day, and if not then perhaps every two days?

Is this part of an effort to promote senate activity?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #235 on: July 18, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »

We may disagree on many issues, but the civic union endorses you for Mideast assembly.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2013, 01:19:01 PM »

Don't forget to vote in the Mideast Assembly race. Looks like we've got a good one.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2013, 07:34:36 PM »

Houston,  Texas

Its been an interesting week. I wasn't expecting to be in Texas. I was expecting to be campaigning in West Virginia for a seat in my regional assembly. Yet times required that I travel a little more extensively for a cause just as important and that is that of putting another Federalist into the Senate in Nyman. I'd like that opprotunity. With the increasing influance of the Labor party and the recent death of the Liberal Party a greater counterweight is needed. Regardless of if that's myself or Maxwell as Federalists representing you in Nyman.

Energy..... its what powers our daily lives from our cars, trucks and motorcycles to our industries and military might. Some think the idea of an all of the above policy is crazy and want to limit the kinds of fuel sources we utilize. I must disagree. Coal is an indispensable source of energy that can be used and still find ways to minimize the enviromental impact. So I would oppose the moratorium on the building of coal processing plants until these alternative sources can be proven their effectivness. We should make further emphasis on natural gas and possibly a transition to natural gas engines which burn cleaner and are more efficient than standard engines.

Nuclear energy when utilized for peaceful purposes is a powerful force for good. Needless to say there are enviromental concerns that should be addressed. As such the question to my opponents is what about putting research into the feasibility of putting our nuclear waste onto rockets and shooting it into the sun. Honestly I'm not sure of keeping it in our deserts will be a wise idea going into the long term.

What about our research into cold fusion? How much promise do we have in Hydrogen-1 and Helium-3? While we take further study into these we should find ways to utilize our current technology to fullest extent while finding ways to further minimizing enviromental impact.

Thank you for your time and be blessed
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #238 on: July 23, 2013, 01:58:46 PM »

Hello Phoenix,

Its good to come to a city that has shown growth inspite of the crisis of government in the Pacific region. It doesn't hurt to have had one Barry Goldwater as a famous citizen statesmen of the past as one of the great state of Arizona. Many of you have been adversely affected as well by the fiscal irresponsibility that has invaded Nyman through Labour control. Look at Detroit for a lesson of what happens when one party is dominant for decades. It doesn't allow for new ideas to come and allow for progress in things that need to progress naturally.

With that we need serious change in the halls of Nyman and with that change some things government does now it will not do when I'm done with the reforms needed. Most know of my opposition to progressive taxation as it is a model to force charity from the rich via government force. If a rich person wants to give of their abundance they should want to and with gregarious joy to a church or other private charity. 

A return to a healthcare system that is market driven will free the government to pay down the debt and all Atlasians could have an efficent high speed rail system that would be the envy of the world. Sadly we can't have things like this when the government is still in the red. We can do this via private medical savings accounts with the option to put all of what you would pay in FICA taxes into that account. 

Many of you have heard of my Detroit Plan. For those who haven't its a flatter version of what we know to be the Clinton taxrates. If we must have a progressive tax system it should be utilized to promote the maximum amount of growth possible with the goal to reduce and eventually eliminating the debt. With that a better Atlasia can emerge.

Don't forget if you are a Federalist to vote JCL in the Federalist Primary

Be blessed
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #239 on: July 23, 2013, 05:01:23 PM »

This Labor Senator has only signed balanced budgets. The one you're runnjng against put us on that path. Untkl two weeks ago, Federalists had just as many Senate seats as Labor. I think its safe to blame the ex-RPP administration for the economic troubles that developed under their watch and we should stop electing more of these fiscally irresponsible ex-RPP members. Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #240 on: July 23, 2013, 05:26:44 PM »

One of the few things Polnut and I agree on except we differ on the method of its execution.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2013, 09:44:06 PM »

Where it is that Detroit Plan?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #242 on: July 23, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »

Ford Field, Detroit MI

It's so good to be here in the Motor City again (crowd cheers)

My hometown and this city share in a great Atlasian tradition called the automotive industry. Ever since Elwood Haynes took the first drive down what we call today Boulevard Rd we have all been looking to get where we need to go just a little faster than before. The biggest concern I see ahead for Detroit and the Mideast as a whole is the government keeping the economic engine from purrin' like a kitten. Cities like this one, Kokomo IN, Cleveland OH and others are still struggling while the government milks us out of finances, through egregiously high, personal and corporate income taxes to use for projects that individuals families and the regions themselves are best suited for. The big spenders in Nyman are wanting to put a tax burden on us that is unreasonable and hinders job growth. Many of you know of my opposition to an income based tax system. If we want tax reform we must prepare to offer an alternative plan that will benefit all in the long run. Under my tax plan corporations will only pay a 15 percent rate. As for individuals it would look like this until we get out of debt.

9,500-20,000 5%
20,001-100,000 10%
100,001-500,000 20%
500,001-5,000,000 30%
5,000,001+ 40 %

Gifts and prize winnings will not be taxed period.

The long term goal is to get to a uniform flat tax system that would be fair untill we can change from an income based system of taxation to one of consumption.

I know some may think that this would be extreme but the rates under Fmr. President Clinton hold some similarities to this plan.

In the 90's a regulation called the Glass-Steagall Act was repealed. This action, among others, led to the current financial crises. The repeal lead to taxpayers having to take one on the chin so failed bankers could get away with their godless ponzi schemes. I put my sword in the ground saying no more to any industry who thinks it has the right to receive government bailouts without consequence. That is why Glass-Steagall must be restored as law. One thing both Senator Ben and I would both lead on.

I am an avowed conservative in the mold of Grover Cleveland, Calvin Coolidge, and the Tafts of Ohio, not in the mold of the Bushes, Richard Nixon or Cheney and Rumsfeld. I am a fan of Ronald Reagan, Ike, JFK, Pierre DuPont IV, Walter Jones and yes Ron Paul, David Mcintoish, Mike Pence and Jackie Walorski. Both sides have borne the taint of militarism outside the tenants of the Christian Just War Doctrine. To President Polnut and the members of the senate, we don't want any part of the Syrian Civil War whatsoever. Get us out of there immediately.

I still see hope for the city of Detroit and all the industrial cities of the Mideast and Atlasia. Isn't it right that this is the home of the Detroit Lions. A team being a sign that this city is coming back from a seeming long death. If only my God, who isn't dead but roars as a lion, would be so merciful to my Chicago Cubs (crowd laughs as they see a JCL surrogate hand him a guitar.

I'd like to end our time together with something a little different. A song

Do you see it coming
A rumble in the streets
Freedom's song is rising
It's meeting no defeat......

Thank you and may God and Dave Bless you

This would be the Detroit Plan Superique
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2013, 05:29:19 AM »

Yes it is.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »

Yes it is.

I would make the effort to check all of them at least every other day Yankee.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2013, 09:43:35 PM »

Please folks don't forget to vote. From what I've seen with the first day of voting it could be an historic non presidential race. And please vote for Maxwell. He has spearheaded a comback in the Midwest that makes it look nearly as good as my beloved Mideast. Don't get me wrong I ran for that seat but folks weren't quite ready for my views to be in such august company. I will be running for a senate seat in the future and I hope I can count on your support when that time comes. But for now get out and vote Maxwell.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #246 on: July 31, 2013, 11:07:08 PM »

Bangor, Maine

It's good to see so many liberty lovers today. It seems so crazy so soon after a special election that we're at the beginning of another national race. It's good that Governor Maxwell has decided to announce his run for the upcoming at-large senate race. His capable record as governor has brought the Midwest up out of a level of inactivity that nearly destroyed the Pacific region.  As such he will have my firm support in this upcoming as would any Federalist or any conservative or libertarian minded independent or member of another party. But enough of the preliminaries.

I want to talk to you about why I'm also stepping in this race. It's the state of our economy. We can do better. There is potential for much more and faster growth. Our friends in the Labour party and their allies in the NMAM think their cradle  to grave mentality of government of entitlements will work much better than a system where the market is left largly alone. Of course with the obvious exceptions of ensuring consumer safety along with a fair and safe job market where the individual is allowed to decide to be in a workplace with a union while not being apart of that union. The individual also knows the risks and benefits of that decision in a fair and balanced way.

The other snag I see in our ability to maximise individual economic prosperity is the current tax brackets. They simply don't work. No government, if they were smart, would tax a class of citizen that is more well off by a rate of nearly 70 percent (that is if you combined the various federal, regional local rates). That simply chokes the life out something that needs to grow.

I know some folks wonder why some kid from rural Indiana who only had two terms run for Senate. I run because we can be better than we are. We can be an Atlasia where regardless of political view we can be a beacon of hope to the world. A shining city on a hill which has a rather difficult time being hidden. Where the intellectual, rational, and often passionate debate in the sphere of government and politics can be a peaceful model that should be the envy of the world. Where the democratic process is protected and firmly underpinned with hard work, faith in something bigger than yourself, and a belief that though times could get dark that light can be found if each of us individually and as communities and regions do so on our own and together

Thank you and may God save and keep Atlasia
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #247 on: August 04, 2013, 01:54:59 PM »

1. What are your thoughts on the basic income bill as it stands? What changes will you propose, if any, and will you support the bill if those changes are made?

2. What are your thoughts on the package of education reforms that is under debate in the Senate? What changes will you propose, if any, and will you support the bill if those changes are made?

3. You have referred to yourself as an "ardent" supporter of regional rights. What additional responsibilities should be devolved to the regions? Why are the regions better suited to these tasks?

4. The Judicial Tenure Amendment is currently at a vote. How would you have voted on this amendment, and what other reforms to the Supreme Court, if any, will you recommend and support if you are elected?

1. I'm rather leery of the bill. While T.J. does bring up good points in particular with means testing and other matters, I think there is another way to go about reducing unemployment and raise incomes and thus raise govenmental revenue. I know around here what I may say next won't be popular but mandating union membership as a term of employment in any service or industry is simply wrong. While unions have done a great service in gaining better conditions and compensation packages there have been abuses. So I'm saying open up the shops to nonunion labor. Also we need to encourage a return to an industral rather than a service based economy. Lower taxes on companies so they can hire more labor. I'm suggusting a three percent corporate tax rate across the board. To help small business to increase I would advocate my Detroit Plan which is a flattened version of the Clinton tax rates.

2. Private schools should not be turned into defacto public schools. Of course we need to have a better quality of education but we should look at what our private schools are doing that promotes more success amongst their students and rather than demonizing them adopt their merhods. This will get a bit into question three but education should be handled more on the local and regional level. Also let in educators who aren't part of the teachers unions. Bring in successful teachers from all over the world to help our teachers improve in their methods of education. So I'd vote nay on the current education bill.

3. Other than education I'd devolve family matters to rhe regions. As it goes now marriage, divorce and adoption are under federal purview as a power given to the senate. Regions are better suited on these matters because they are closer to the situation. Someone in Nyman doesn't know how to handle a family situation in Nebraska or New Hampshire. Adoption should be a partnership as you have not just interstate adoptions you also have international ones.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #248 on: August 05, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Thank you for such a robust welcome.

The issue I want to talk about is on the hearts and minds of many Atlasians of all political views. The current regional structure itself. Many in the political class and citizens are supportive of cutting the regions down from five to three. Their main concerns are well intentioned to promote greater activity. Are they not aware of the reforms Spamage and Maxwell are trying to promote within their regions to spur activity along with the IDS and my own Mideast and the ever solid Northeast once led by a friend in former governor Scott? While it will be a great way to shake things up I as a regionalist can't support this until I have more information on the pros and cons of going to three regions. Lets have a.careful and thoughtful debate rather than running towards a fad that could hurt the game we all love irreparably.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #249 on: August 05, 2013, 10:20:56 PM »

While it will be a great way to shake things up I as a regionalist can't support this until I have more information on the pros and cons of going to three regions. Lets have a.careful and thoughtful debate rather than running towards a fad that could hurt the game we all love irreparably.

No one is trying to ram this through - in speaking with President Nix, Governor Maxwell (who also supports this), and several others, I think we're all hoping for a very thoughtful and detailed debate on the issue. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies