AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 03:37:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 35
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133943 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: September 19, 2006, 10:23:53 PM »

Sioux City-Arage Rally

"I'm thrilled at our finish at the Iowa Caucus. Many pundits thought we wouldn't have a shot here. Maybe this will change their thinking going forward in the campaign. I'd like to congratulate Senator Wixted on his victory, and he's done our state proud. I also want to congratulate Mr. Calhoun and Congressman Soult on their strong finishes here and I look forward to discussing with them the issues which face our great country as we head on to New Hampshire. Thank you for Choosing Freedom, God Bless and Good Night!"
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #326 on: September 19, 2006, 10:24:15 PM »

I'll be riding this momentum to the white house!

YAR!!!
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #327 on: September 19, 2006, 10:28:02 PM »

This was certainly a surprisingly good result.  I am quite pleased I could win such support among Iowans.  I am a little surprised Hardin beat me by 6 points, but hey, whatever.  I am ready for New Hampshire.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2006, 12:18:39 AM »

I hope I'm not too late. C'mon Joe you can let me in. Wink

It's physically impossible to win a Republican primary with that platform.

Congratulations Colin, you've done the physically impossible!
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #329 on: September 20, 2006, 05:32:28 AM »

I'm very pleased with my performance in the Iowa Caucus and would like to thank my supporters and volunteers for their efforts. Congratulations to Gov. Mabus on his win.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #330 on: September 20, 2006, 07:46:50 AM »

I want to thank all my supports who came out to the polls to vote for me. Although we may have not done as good as we hoped, we still have not lost the war. I just want to say we will go forward into New Hampshire with our heads up high and looking toward the white house.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #331 on: September 20, 2006, 08:05:33 AM »

Id like to thank those who came out and supported me today, but the polls show what I was worried of all along. My inability to creatively write is gonna cost me this election. Unless I pull some awesome speeches out of my ass, Id say this campaign will end at New Hampshire. But, I will give one more shot in the debates and at NH, just for you guys. See you there!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #332 on: September 20, 2006, 12:24:03 PM »

Thank you all for such a strong showing in this race. Thank you Iowa! But we fight on and we fight on to win!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2006, 01:11:45 PM »

Thank you all for such a strong showing in this race. Thank you Iowa! But we fight on and we fight on to win!

Candidate fights to win.  Film at 11.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2006, 07:37:25 PM »

I've been giving some thought to what Al and Super were saying earlier about scandals, and I admit that I had been thinking of something along those lines for the later stages.  I definitely want to implement some kind of 'system' that isn't too exhausting for myself and you guys, so I'll let you know what I come up with.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #335 on: September 20, 2006, 07:46:21 PM »

I've been giving some thought to what Al and Super were saying earlier about scandals, and I admit that I had been thinking of something along those lines for the later stages.  I definitely want to implement some kind of 'system' that isn't too exhausting for myself and you guys, so I'll let you know what I come up with.
Would there be any way to spin a personal scandal into a positive? (come out looking better than before?)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #336 on: September 20, 2006, 08:00:29 PM »

I would like to thank all my supporters for their cooperation and devotion. We'll run better in the future.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #337 on: September 20, 2006, 08:02:05 PM »

Okay... like I said, the big problem with this simulator is that none of us have records, which means that we can basically make ourselves out to be near Gods and our opponents can't take anything from our record to swing at us with.  Maybe if you just crafted a 5-10 basic point record for each of us, based on what you already have, it woudl help.  I know that is some work for you, but you might be able to give it over to an outside party.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #338 on: September 20, 2006, 08:05:05 PM »

Would there be any way to spin a personal scandal into a positive? (come out looking better than before?)

Probably not into a positive as such, but you might be able to neutralize the effect at best.  If Bill Clinton could do it during the '92 primaries, I guess you guys could too.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #339 on: September 20, 2006, 08:07:40 PM »

Okay... like I said, the big problem with this simulator is that none of us have records, which means that we can basically make ourselves out to be near Gods and our opponents can't take anything from our record to swing at us with.  Maybe if you just crafted a 5-10 basic point record for each of us, based on what you already have, it woudl help.  I know that is some work for you, but you might be able to give it over to an outside party.

I understand, and I do intend to come up with something close to that ASAP.  I promise. Wink
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #340 on: September 20, 2006, 08:32:48 PM »

democratic primary is up. good luck.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #341 on: September 20, 2006, 08:39:29 PM »

Looks good so far, Hugh.  Thanks for doing this. Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #342 on: September 20, 2006, 08:44:55 PM »

no worries.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #343 on: September 21, 2006, 06:17:20 PM »

How long do we have to answer for the debates? I really don't feel like writing all this up tonight, I'm having writers block of a sort and I'm pretty tired.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #344 on: September 21, 2006, 06:23:38 PM »

How long do we have to answer for the debates? I really don't feel like writing all this up tonight, I'm having writers block of a sort and I'm pretty tired.

These debates will probably take awhile and that kind of sucks.  maybe we could limit it to one question? No more than two?  I see the importance of a debate, but it too difficult over the internet with so many candidates.  We should at least be able to start doing our NH campaigning in the process.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #345 on: September 21, 2006, 07:54:31 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2006, 08:29:21 PM by Joe Republic »

How the debates are handled is entirely up to Hughento and MODU.  But in the mean time, I guess it wouldn't hurt if you guys want to start posting your NH campaigns now.  However, you should still take part in the debate, as your performance in it may affect your result here.

Also, some things to remember for New Hampshire.  Some of the campaign expenses involve the number of congressional districts in each state.  Iowa had five, and New Hampshire has two, which means that a lot of campaigning will be cheaper here.  A summary of changes:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Aside from those differences in cost, campaigning will work exactly the same way as before.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #346 on: September 21, 2006, 08:25:06 PM »

Five speeches, two which are revisions of ones I gave in Iowa, and three more that are brand new.

Speech 1: Military
   America faces many problems today, but that is nothing new.  Each generation has its own challenges to face, but those challenges have always been met by America with strength and determination.  Our own challenges are ready to be faced, and we must confront them, not cower behind walls of our own making.
   When it comes to military planning, we need to rethink our entire doctrine, so that when that last option of diplomacy, military force, is needed, America has what it needs.  We need a standing military to defend America and our allies from any potential attack by conventional forces.  We need a reserve component capable of providing the extra manpower needed occasionally for situations such as Iraq, and in sufficient strength and quality that those who have chosen to stand ready when needed, need not worry about being drawn into an endless cycle of deployments.  If our reservists and guardsmen had wanted to continuously serve, they would be in the regular forces instead.  The difficulty of so reorienting our military is compounded by the mistakes that have been made in Iraq, but it is needed.
   We need to refocus our military spending on the ground forces and away from our bloated navy and air force.  We have a navy and an air force not only better than the next two in the world combined, they are better than the rest of the world combined, a standard of military excess that not even the British Empire at its height had the audacity to attempt to maintain.  Looking to the future is good, but not at the sacrifice of being able to handle the present.

Speech 2: Immigration
   America faces many problems today, but that is nothing new.  Each generation has its own challenges to face, but those challenges have always been met by America with strength and determination.  Our own challenges are ready to be faced, and we must confront them, not cower behind walls of our own making.
   Immigration is such a challenge, and it is one that cannot be faced merely by building fences.  We need to adjust the supply and demand for legal immigration so as far as possible remove the incentives for illegal immigration.  We need instead to encourage economic development abroad so as to enable those who come here for only economic reasons to stay home.  We need to alter our immigration system so that those who read and speak English and thus are better prepared to integrate into our society receive priority over others.  We need to enforce the already existing laws against the employment of undocumented workers.  All of these would mitigate the disruption caused by our current immigration policy.

Speech 3: Taxation
   One of these problems is the self inflicted behemoth known as the Internal Revenue Code and the regulations that animate that foul beast.  It is a joy only for lawyers, accountants, lobbyists, and special interests.  We need to cut this Gordian knot that strangles our economy, and replace it with a tax system that is both fair and simple, simple enough to put Jackson Hewitt and H&R Block out of the tax preparation business.  There should be no need to keep endless records merely to file the current year’s tax form.

Speech 4: Federalism
   I don't know why so many Washington politicians seem to think that Washington is the only place problems can be solved.  There are any number of mandates where Washington tries to control what the States do, often by using the power of the purse, for no better reason than it can.  I intend to cut as many as possible of the puppet strings disguised as purse strings by Washington.  Not only will this help to restore the balance of power between the national and local governments, but it will also help to eliminate many of the places where pork and waste now hide in Washington.

Speech 5: Education
   Education is one of the most important issues facing our country today.  It is also one of the most local issues, and it is appropriate that it be that way.  While there is a role for the Federal government in research and development into better means of education, it is time for the Federal government to stop interfering in the administration of local schools.  That includes the provision of grants to States and school districts for the operation of schools.  To the extent that Federal funds are made available for primary and secondary education they should be done so in the same manner as for tertiary education, via the student, based on the choices that students and their parents make as to who will provide them with the best education.  Not only will this provide our children with a greater number of choices, it will also make available choices such as faith-based education that many parents desire, but which the government should not be directly involved in providing.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #347 on: September 21, 2006, 08:33:27 PM »

Ad #1

Hello.  I'm running for President.  If you haven't heard of me, I wouldn't be suprised.  I have been shut out of tomorrow nights debate for suggesting that it acctually be a debate....

Oh, wait a tick, this is the wrong alternate reality.

Sorry, ignore this ad.

Smiley
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #348 on: September 21, 2006, 08:36:30 PM »

Level 3 organization ($600,000)

Two level 3 ads: ($300,000 each)

Ad 1 is my Iowa ad:

Ad 2 is a new ad.

And last but not least, 600 hours of campaigning

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #349 on: September 21, 2006, 08:55:37 PM »

Excellent, I'll update the overview threads tomorrow.

Also, I've been in contact with Dave (with MODU's help) about the possibility of a new sub-forum for all of these relevant threads, so that they're all in one place.  Stay tuned.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies