Israel general discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:35:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel general discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 74
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 229073 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: May 23, 2016, 02:29:30 PM »

Zohar is a quirky fellow from "Kabbalah to the people" a weird new movement\sect\cult that got thousands to register within Likud
Is that related to the Laitman weirdo?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #701 on: May 23, 2016, 02:34:40 PM »

Zohar is a quirky fellow from "Kabbalah to the people" a weird new movement\sect\cult that got thousands to register within Likud
Yep, don't know them all that well as they virtually non existent in my social circles but I heard they are rather surging in the lower middle class periphery and even did very well in the local elections in Petah Tikva
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #702 on: May 23, 2016, 04:04:57 PM »

Yep, don't know them all that well as they virtually non existent in my social circles but I heard they are rather surging in the lower middle class periphery and even did very well in the local elections in Petah Tikva
Oh. They are basically one big scam. I lost a friend to that sect. Apparently, they're popular among Russian olim. These people should not be in the Knesset, so good riddance.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #703 on: May 24, 2016, 12:24:52 AM »

Wait really? When did this happen? I thought Zohar was just another boring Mizrahi machine politician from the Negev?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #704 on: May 24, 2016, 03:02:33 AM »

Wait really? When did this happen? I thought Zohar was just another boring Mizrahi machine politician from the Negev?
Nope, they won 4 seats in the Petah Tikva city council and registered en masse to Likud. I honestly don't know much about them bar for the fact that they mix Kabbalah (which is odd in the first place) with some weird new age stuff and Haredis don't like them much.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #705 on: May 27, 2016, 05:17:25 AM »

Environmental Protection minister Gabai resigned this morning due to Liberman's appointment to the MoD and "The government's far-right turn'. Kachlon announced Kulano will retain the ministry
danny
Israel

« Reply #706 on: May 27, 2016, 11:04:47 AM »

New poll from Reshet Bet:
Likud: 28
Yesh Atid: 19
ZU:15
Joint List: 13
Jewish Home: 10
Yisrael Beitenu: 8
UTJ: 8
Shas: 7
Kulanu: 6
Meretz: 6

If a new party is formed which includes Saar Ya'alon and Kachlon:
New party: 25
Likud: 21
Joint List: 13
Yesh Atid: 13
ZU: 15
Jewish Home: 10
Yisrael Beitenu: 8
UTJ: 8
Shas: 6
Meretz: 5
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #707 on: May 29, 2016, 04:53:42 PM »

This poll by Geocartography (29 May) suggests that the collapse of the "Zionist" (lol) "Union" (lol) will not be televised -- it will be live...

27 [30] Likud
21 [11] Yesh Atid
14 [08] Jewish Home
13 [13] Joint List
10 [06] UTJ
08 [24] Zionist Union
08 [06] Yisrael Beitenu
08 [05] Meretz
07 [10] Kulanu
04 [07] Shas

Don't know what's up with the weird UTJ figure, but according to Geocartography, only 70% of UTJ voters in this poll self-identify as Haredi. I'm taking this poll with a grain of salt. On the other hand, the trend regarding the left is plausible, with ZU losing seats both on its left (Meretz) and on its right (Yesh Atid). Meanwhile, it seems that Shas is starting to lose appeal. Of course, many predicted this would eventually happen after the death of R' Yosef.
danny
Israel

« Reply #708 on: May 29, 2016, 05:12:27 PM »

Geocartography is a joke pollster, I purposefully don't post those here and suggest that they should be ignored. I remember UTJ being at 11 in a poll done before the last election and the Kahannists at 6 two elections ago.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #709 on: May 29, 2016, 05:18:24 PM »

Geocartography is a joke pollster, I purposefully don't post those here and suggest that they should be ignored. I remember UTJ being at 11 in a poll done before the last election and the Kahannists at 6 two elections ago.
Yeah it's probably the worst pollster out there, but I do think this poll isn't incorrect when it comes to trends. The figures for some parties (ZU, JH, UTJ) are simply terribly off.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #710 on: May 30, 2016, 04:36:49 AM »

This.
UTJ is on the verge of breaking up and they're on 10? also no way can ZU be down to 8. The trends are pretty clear but it doesn't make a difference, in Israel voting is shaped towards an election (And especially in the last 72 hours) so polls in between are meaningless
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #711 on: May 30, 2016, 04:46:55 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2016, 04:57:33 AM by DavidB. »

The trends are pretty clear but it doesn't make a difference, in Israel voting is shaped towards an election (And especially in the last 72 hours) so polls in between are meaningless
This is what they say about the Netherlands too, but I disagree. A poll is not a prediction. A poll is a poll, and if you have a few of them, they can be useful in identifying trends for political parties (positive/stable/negative). Of course, one should not expect that the result of the next election will look anything like any poll that is presented now. They measure current voting intention, not voting intention in three years or even five months.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #712 on: May 30, 2016, 05:56:08 AM »

Why is UTJ breaking up?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #713 on: May 30, 2016, 11:23:32 AM »

Hasidic and Lithuanians in fighting with the Liths already breaking apart from the inside. Rumors of them running with Shas together next time and Aguda running alone
danny
Israel

« Reply #714 on: May 31, 2016, 03:14:07 PM »

Lieberman is leaving the Knesset to become defence minster under the "Norwegian law" and will be replaced by Yulia Melinovski. Yulia was born in Ukraine, so this won't change the number of MK's born in the USSR for ag's count, but will bring up the number of female MK's to 33, which is a new record.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #715 on: June 16, 2016, 10:18:45 AM »

Ya'alon is running for PM
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #716 on: June 16, 2016, 11:04:21 AM »

Good luck with that...he'll need to find an excisting party to run at or I can't see him getting the funds to fight the french mafia friend.
danny
Israel

« Reply #717 on: June 16, 2016, 11:15:23 AM »

That was well known, he said so when he resigned. He also made the accusation against the government that they are trying to scare the population, this despite the fact that until recently he was very much a part of these "scare tactics".
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #718 on: June 16, 2016, 11:43:02 AM »

Lol Ya'alon.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #719 on: June 16, 2016, 12:00:48 PM »

That was well known, he said so when he resigned. He also made the accusation against the government that they are trying to scare the population, this despite the fact that until recently he was very much a part of these "scare tactics".
Honestly he wasn't, he was never quite the orator and I don't recall him commenting on Iran much (that was Bibi's shtick). He's in a bit of a pickle, he won't go to Labour (he still enjoys a centre-right image), Lapid would not be number 2 to god all mighty, Kachlon will back down and maye Sa'ar but I'm not sure framing it as a moses vs Bibi battle again would help.

Anyway, I think (with my knowledge of Israeli legal system and its corridors) Bibi might call on an election this coming year in a last ditch attempt to save himself. There's an alarming amount of investigation (in the very criminal sense) around him and his consort, and like Olmert this is going to be the case of quantity over quality. The material coming out of the French court makes it hard even for his bought police and state prosecutor to ignore. I'm willing to be a 100NIS against our Israeli posters he's done
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #720 on: June 16, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »

And in the LOL of the day: Ehud Barak implies returning to politics. How blind is he? his stock is worth nothing
danny
Israel

« Reply #721 on: June 16, 2016, 12:26:48 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2016, 12:29:11 PM by danny »

Honestly he wasn't, he was never quite the orator and I don't recall him commenting on Iran much (that was Bibi's shtick). He's in a bit of a pickle, he won't go to Labour (he still enjoys a centre-right image), Lapid would not be number 2 to god all mighty, Kachlon will back down and maye Sa'ar but I'm not sure framing it as a moses vs Bibi battle again would help.

https://twitter.com/danco540/status/743427558184722432
https://twitter.com/amit_segal/status/743437918841282561

He isn't a great orator but he still does interviews, and until recently he was absolutely on the same page as Bibi.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #722 on: June 16, 2016, 12:29:15 PM »

https://twitter.com/danco540/status/743427558184722432
https://twitter.com/amit_segal/status/743437918841282561
[/quote]
First, he could have changed his mind considering change in facts, or he just fell with government line. But do you honestly recall him commenting on Iran as a major theme? and if political journalists are to be believed he was against an attack in the 09-13 cabinet.
danny
Israel

« Reply #723 on: June 16, 2016, 12:36:23 PM »

If he changed his mind then he should say so and explain why, not just pretend it never happened. Leaving the government and then immediately attacking it for things you were saying yourself when you were there with no acknowledgement that you were doing that is ridiculous.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #724 on: June 16, 2016, 01:03:22 PM »

If he changed his mind then he should say so and explain why, not just pretend it never happened. Leaving the government and then immediately attacking it for things you were saying yourself when you were there with no acknowledgement that you were doing that is ridiculous.
Saying someone doesn't even qualify to be a military pundit and then a month later appointing him as minister of defence is ridiculous. Breaking your allegiance to the government after you leave it is political, you sometimes have to keep in line as a part of the whole
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies