The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:46:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172805 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: January 27, 2009, 08:28:02 PM »

Neither does anyone else except RPP partisans.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #526 on: January 27, 2009, 11:38:21 PM »

50% of Atlasians Suspected Xahar
by South Park Conservative

In a NWA poll from almost two months ago, it was revealed that even as early as December 8th, half of Atlasians believed that Xahar hacked Ben Constine's account, two weeks before President Bgwah fired the then-Attorney General after further evidence related to the scandal was revealed. This may reveal that Xahar's guilt was not as unknown as former defenders of Xahar claim it was.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #527 on: January 27, 2009, 11:52:08 PM »

I was the only "not sure" voter, apparently.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #528 on: January 28, 2009, 12:07:30 AM »

Quote of the Month Nominations

The National Weekly Atlasian is looking at nominations for January Quote of the Month. The Quote of the Month must be a quote from an Atlasian during January, and be one that proved to be ironic later in the month. Nominations may be submitted here from now until I decide on a winner.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #529 on: January 30, 2009, 11:04:50 AM »

Afleitch Considering a Rematch?

Former Governor, Senator, President, and now-Assemblyman Afleitch recently formed the Regional Autonomy Association, for Atlasians who supposedly support regional rights. Additionally, premature results for our latest poll show that if the October election were held again, Afleitch would go from a 43-point defecit to a tie with the President. With this in mind, is it possible that Afleitch is considering a rematch against President Bgwah? While Bgwah would still likely have the edge in such a contest, Afleitch's chances would be much improved over his last run.
   Additionally, why haven't other candidates declared yet? Senator AndrewCT, the winner of our straw poll last week, seems to have his presidential ambitions in limbo, placing it in the fate of the Northeastern electorate. Former Senator and Vice-President Jas has already stated that he wouldn't run, although that hasn't stopped Senator Lief from hoping he will run. It seems like given the circumstances, AndrewCT and Afleitch are the only two people who could make this a race.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #530 on: January 30, 2009, 02:48:38 PM »

AndrewCT enters Presidential Race

After a week of speculation, Senator AndrewCT dropped his gubernatorial bid today and announced that he would be running for president. He is currently the only person to official declare so far, though President Bgwah stated last week that he would run again if the race wasn't competitive. The first thing of Andrew's agenda is probably to find a running mate, and if he selects a fellow regionalist, that would greatly improve his chances at winning.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #531 on: January 31, 2009, 07:28:32 PM »

Who Will Run in the Pacific?

Torie's unexpected retirement has put the Pacific Senate seat into play, and we don't even know who the candidates are yet. At first glance, one would think that Governor Cultureking would be the frontrunner. However, given that he resigned his Senate seat only a few months ago to obtain the governorship, I doubt he would run for Senate again. Lt. Governor Alcon might be a candidate as well, but given that he didn't want the governorship, I doubt he would want the Senate seat either. If Cultureking and Alcon don't run, than who will?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #532 on: January 31, 2009, 08:48:41 PM »

Who Will Run in the Pacific?

Torie's unexpected retirement has put the Pacific Senate seat into play, and we don't even know who the candidates are yet. At first glance, one would think that Governor Cultureking would be the frontrunner. However, given that he resigned his Senate seat only a few months ago to obtain the governorship, I doubt he would run for Senate again. Lt. Governor Alcon might be a candidate as well, but given that he didn't want the governorship, I doubt he would want the Senate seat either. If Cultureking and Alcon don't run, than who will?

Someone from the SDP?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #533 on: January 31, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »

I want to confirm to this august publication that I won't be running and that listing me as a potential candidate will result in a libel action.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #534 on: January 31, 2009, 10:04:53 PM »

I want to confirm to this august publication that I won't be running and that listing me as a potential candidate will result in a libel action.

When did I list you as a potential candidate?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #535 on: January 31, 2009, 10:07:27 PM »

National Weekly Atlasian February Elections Tracker can be found here.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #536 on: January 31, 2009, 10:22:02 PM »

He says than if you list him as a candidate, he will sue you for libel.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #537 on: January 31, 2009, 11:22:51 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2009, 11:24:52 PM by Senator PiT »

While I am fairly certain that he is joking, I wonder what are the Atlasian laws concerning libel? Obviously if they are based on American laws, there would be no case to make against SPC, though that would be different if they were based on English laws.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #538 on: January 31, 2009, 11:28:04 PM »

While I am fairly certain that he is joking, I wonder what are the Atlasian laws concerning libel? Obviously if they are based on American laws, there would be no case to make against SPC, though that would be different if they were based on English laws.

All our laws are Americans laws, unless we amended them.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #539 on: January 31, 2009, 11:36:55 PM »

I know, though I was too lazy to see if we amended that. Tongue
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #540 on: February 01, 2009, 12:47:59 AM »

I know, though I was too lazy to see if we amended that. Tongue

Southeast tried with the ''Libel Initiative'' but that failed.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #541 on: February 01, 2009, 10:04:47 AM »

I tried to introduce a Press Complaints bill.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #542 on: February 01, 2009, 11:37:52 AM »

I believe that was because you didn't like that I didn't endorse you in a Senate election.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #543 on: February 01, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »

GM MIA

Game Moderator Ebowed has not posted an update since December 20, over six weeks ago. If anyone knows where the GM is, please contact the National Weekly Atlasian and/or the White House. Thank you.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #544 on: February 01, 2009, 11:53:10 AM »

I believe that was because you didn't like that I didn't endorse you in a Senate election.

That's a bit of a selective memory

At the time I was called part of the radical 'liberal' bloc, yet at the time I ran as a conservative - it just happened that I worked with liberals as well as conservatives that seemed to irk the NWA

You also were not particularly truthful about the methods you used to endorse candidates IIRC

You also printed a retraction to the above.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #545 on: February 01, 2009, 12:08:54 PM »

I wanted to ask how can you endorse one candidate, over another? You can, correctly state that PBrunsel scores highly against other sitting Senators based on these findings, but you can't say he is more worthy of an endorsement in that race than I would be?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #546 on: February 01, 2009, 12:36:28 PM »

I wanted to ask how can you endorse one candidate, over another? You can, correctly state that PBrunsel scores highly against other sitting Senators based on these findings, but you can't say he is more worthy of an endorsement in that race than I would be?

That's a selective quote.

Here is the post in full

It would have been nice if other candidates were able to make their case and be ranked according to these criteria Smiley
EDIT: To be a wee bit clearer, I wanted to ask how can you endorse one candidate, over another when you don't investigate the stances of his opponent? You can, correctly state that PBrunsel scores highly against other sitting Senators based on these findings, but you can't say he scores higher than his opponent and is therefore more worthy of an endorsement in that race than I would be, without looking at his opponents positions.

I don't mind who you endorse in any race, including my own. But you have to admit you've given an unfair advantage to incumbents in your methodology Smiley

PBrunsel was the sitting Senator. He was 'rated' in comparison to other Senators. As a result the NWA endorsed him over me. My question at the time was - how could you endorse someone based on a ratings system when you haven't rated the other candidate?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #547 on: February 01, 2009, 12:40:14 PM »

That's a selective quote.

Here is the post in full

It would have been nice if other candidates were able to make their case and be ranked according to these criteria Smiley
EDIT: To be a wee bit clearer, I wanted to ask how can you endorse one candidate, over another when you don't investigate the stances of his opponent? You can, correctly state that PBrunsel scores highly against other sitting Senators based on these findings, but you can't say he scores higher than his opponent and is therefore more worthy of an endorsement in that race than I would be, without looking at his opponents positions.

I don't mind who you endorse in any race, including my own. But you have to admit you've given an unfair advantage to incumbents in your methodology Smiley

PBrunsel was the sitting Senator. He was 'rated' in comparison to other Senators. As a result the NWA endorsed him over me. My question at the time was - how could you endorse someone based on a ratings system when you haven't rated the other candidate?

I was joking with the selective quote. PBrunsel agreed with the NWA 94% of the time, and based on your debate performance, I found it unlikely that you agreed with the paper that often.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #548 on: February 01, 2009, 12:46:14 PM »

I was joking with the selective quote. PBrunsel agreed with the NWA 94% of the time, and based on your debate performance, I found it unlikely that you agreed with the paper that often.

The NWA piece in retrospect probably contributed to the result being the way it was. If only you'd reported during the last presidential race about say the 'anti-regionalist' Afleitch, I could have been president!

j/k.

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #549 on: February 01, 2009, 12:48:21 PM »

The NWA piece in retrospect probably contributed to the result being the way it was. If only you'd reported during the last presidential race about say the 'anti-regionalist' Afleitch, I could have been president!

j/k.

Do you want to be a writer, as I've offered you repeatedly?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies