Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:14:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 307206 times)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: January 05, 2010, 06:46:05 PM »

Oh it's cause your buddies are on there, I get it.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1401 on: January 05, 2010, 07:18:34 PM »

Its better but I must ask whats the difference in having the PPT step in when the Veep is innactive then having the Veep step in when the PPT is innactive?

It would give the PPT more time to debate. MJ rarely debated back when he was PPT after all.

I am not MJ. I don't beleive Marokai refrained from debating contentious topics when he was PPT and I plan to continue to debate topics just as much as I previously did. The PPT stuff is easy, especially with the Senate as active as it is now. I don't see how any PPT wouldn't "have the time" to debate. Roll Eyes

If MJ refrained from debate it was because he felt obligated to do so as part of his position. I feel that is unnecessary but respectable overkill. As long as the PPT can separate his duties from PPT from the debate which I can and will, this won't be an issue.

Well, he's the only PPT I've seen last more than a month or two Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1402 on: January 12, 2010, 09:51:02 PM »

Hey! Where's the controversial, ideological legislation?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1403 on: January 12, 2010, 10:02:20 PM »

Hey! Where's the controversial, ideological legislation?

Would you be willing to help me look for it, I have been searching high low for it since New Years?

I should file a missing person's report. Wink

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1404 on: January 17, 2010, 11:53:03 PM »

I think the Senate might want to consider an expulsion motion against Mint, if he doesn't start doing some Senator-ing.  I mean, we can give him a little more time, but so far this has been his one and only contribution to the Senate:

Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #1405 on: January 18, 2010, 12:00:25 AM »

lol
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1406 on: January 18, 2010, 12:03:52 AM »

Well, it appears I got your attention.  Smiley  There are a few more bills being voted on......
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #1407 on: January 18, 2010, 12:06:33 AM »

Don't wake sleeping dogs. Tongue
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1408 on: January 18, 2010, 01:03:05 AM »

Before someone threathen to expell me, I am writing a bill. Well, nothing is written yet, but I expect to present it tomorrow.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1409 on: January 25, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »

I just had an idea to improve the job of the SoIA. Why not give him power over the monetary policy, much like the federal reserve in real life?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1410 on: January 25, 2010, 04:55:20 PM »

I just had an idea to improve the job of the SoIA. Why not give him power over the monetary policy, much like the federal reserve in real life?

I'm a little fearful of actually letting such a complicated job be held by children, to be honest. Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1411 on: January 25, 2010, 05:01:02 PM »

I'm a little fearful of actually letting such a complicated job be held by children, to be honest. Tongue

It was your buddy Lief who nominated the (very smart) kid Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1412 on: February 16, 2010, 05:56:26 PM »

Senators, if you haven't already, please read this thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=111047.0

If action is not taken, some voters will be disenfranchised by legal issues.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1413 on: February 18, 2010, 05:08:32 AM »

Capital Punishment Abolition Amendment:

The death penalty may not be given for any crime throughout Atlasia, whether federal or regional.

I wish you better luck than I had (twice...).
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1414 on: February 18, 2010, 07:29:46 AM »

I would like to say that I believe Senator Mint's final submittied bill will damage our military readiness as well as our international prestige.  If anything we need to increase foreign aid.  That is all from the office of the SOEA.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1415 on: February 18, 2010, 10:47:10 AM »

Would a senator please introduce the following legislation on behalf of the Department of Forum Affairs?

Amendment to the Absentee Voting Act:

F.L. 32-8: The Absentee Voting Act

Section 1: Absentee Voting
As mandated by Article V, Section 2, Clause 8 of the Federal Constitution, all voters shall have the right to cast absentee votes after the candidacy declaration period has expired starting one week before the earliest possible begin of the election.
Upon the candidacy declaration deadline occurring At that point, the Secretary of Forum Affairs or Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs shall publically post that absentee voting application has opened. In the event of runoff elections, once the need for a runoff election is known, the Secretary or Deputy Secretary shall publically post that absentee voting application has opened.
Voters wishing to apply for an absentee vote shall notify this publically in a manner specified by the Secretary of Forum Affairs.
The Secretary or Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs shall then grant the request to absentee vote publically, at which point the voter may proceed to vote in the Absentee Voting Booth.
Absentee Voters shall post their votes in the same format as if it were a regular ballot, and they shall be subject to the same rules and regulations as regular ballots.

Section 2: Disqualification from Absentee Voting
Should an Absentee Voter post more than 5 times anywhere on the Atlas Forum in the regular election period, their absentee vote shall be nullified and treated as non extant.
Any person who has their absentee vote nullified may vote again by regular ballot.
Any person who votes by regular ballot after voting by absentee ballot, shall have their absentee ballot treated as non-extant.
Persons who attempt to vote in the Absentee thread without prior notification of the Department of Forum Affairs shall have that vote treated as non-extant.

Section 3: Repeals
Section 6 of the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act and Clause 1 of the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act (Amendment) Act are repealed.

Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1416 on: February 22, 2010, 12:54:03 AM »

I would like to say that I believe Senator Mint's final submittied bill will damage our military readiness as well as our international prestige.  If anything we need to increase foreign aid.  That is all from the office of the SOEA.

On a sorta, kinda similar note, maybe we should bring back the budget before we go slashing it. Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1417 on: February 25, 2010, 04:16:25 PM »

The Trolls Can't Vote Act.

Any person banned from posting on the forum by the moderators or Dave Leip is prohibited from voting, being listed on a candidate on a ballot in any election, or serving in any Atlasian office during the term of said banning. Any write-in votes cast for a banned individual are not to be counted.

I see one problem with this....you need to find a way around the use of "person". From my perspective at the DoFA, any new voter with a different forum name is a new person, even if that's not a sensible position in practice.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1418 on: February 26, 2010, 11:30:35 PM »

The Trolls Can't Vote Act.

Any person banned from posting on the forum by the moderators or Dave Leip is prohibited from voting, being listed on a candidate on a ballot in any election, or serving in any Atlasian office during the term of said banning. Any write-in votes cast for a banned individual are not to be counted.

I see one problem with this....you need to find a way around the use of "person". From my perspective at the DoFA, any new voter with a different forum name is a new person, even if that's not a sensible position in practice.

It also happens to be the position that has been assumed by the Supreme Court of Atlasia, though that has always been one of the Court's more controversial rulings.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1419 on: March 06, 2010, 12:35:49 PM »

I would appreciate if a confirmation vote on my nomination as SoEA could be held soon Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1420 on: March 06, 2010, 01:13:10 PM »

I would appreciate if a confirmation vote on my nomination as SoEA could be held soon Smiley

Same goes for me as AG. Smiley

Especially because of the current court cases that we have going on. Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1421 on: March 14, 2010, 10:49:28 AM »

Daylight Savings Time Abolition Act

1. The Republic of Atlasia shall no longer recognize Daylight Savings Time.
2. Clocks will not be set back or forward for any reason.

This could make life for the SoFA and all voters very confusing.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1422 on: March 14, 2010, 11:24:07 AM »

Daylight Savings Time Abolition Act

1. The Republic of Atlasia shall no longer recognize Daylight Savings Time.
2. Clocks will not be set back or forward for any reason.

This could make life for the SoFA and all voters very confusing.
Though I hate Daylight Savings time to the fullest extent, this bill would massively throw me off. And if we ever have an SoFA that's on Daylight Savings time, it will throw him/her off too.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #1423 on: March 14, 2010, 12:03:10 PM »

It would be in country, not in game.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1424 on: March 14, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »

Probably better to word it as a resolution against daylight savings time, rather than as a law abolishing it.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies