NATIONAL GOVERNOR/OTHER RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 06:54:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NATIONAL GOVERNOR/OTHER RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24
Author Topic: NATIONAL GOVERNOR/OTHER RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)  (Read 59418 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: November 03, 2010, 01:05:34 AM »

Yeah I'm not worried about Dayton.

The issue was that a bunch of votes in Hennepin were double counted.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #251 on: November 03, 2010, 01:08:30 AM »

God, Jerry is just such a real man.  Why can't more Democrats be like him?  He's not giving a victory speech, he's just saying what he feels.
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #252 on: November 03, 2010, 01:11:59 AM »

I think what Jerry Brown just did is called "rambling".  Did he hit the bottle before speaking, or is he getting senile?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #253 on: November 03, 2010, 01:12:38 AM »

Scott claims victory.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #254 on: November 03, 2010, 01:20:46 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2010, 01:25:02 AM by cinyc »

Kennedy declared winner in the 42nd Senate District

Where does that put us?

Edit:  Ball was declared winner in SD-40 - a Republican hold.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #255 on: November 03, 2010, 01:24:22 AM »

I think what Jerry Brown just did is called "rambling".  Did he hit the bottle before speaking, or is he getting senile?

He didn't have any notes with him.

If you want rambling, check out Barbara Boxer.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #256 on: November 03, 2010, 01:26:09 AM »

Where does that put us?

GOP up 30-29 in called races, the 7th, 37th and 60th too close to call, but Dems have a slight edge in all three. 

If the Dems hold the three they have a slight lead in it will stay 32-30 Dems, each side picking up one from the other and cancelling each other out (3rd and 11th)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #257 on: November 03, 2010, 01:28:37 AM »

Republicans picked up the CO State House, so it looks like (1) we're getting a compromise redistricting map there and (2) it doesn't matter whether Maes gets 10% or not anymore.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #258 on: November 03, 2010, 01:31:40 AM »

Looks like California is getting non-partisan redistricting for 2012.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #259 on: November 03, 2010, 01:33:12 AM »

GOP picked up about 15 state House seats in Texas, basically every seat they lost over the past 6 years.  Exact totals tomorrow.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #260 on: November 03, 2010, 01:34:01 AM »

The votes left in Florida to count are less than Scott's margin (or almost there), so he will win by a margin beyond lawsuit potential. That means the Pubbies can gerrymander the sh*t out of the state, like last time, which is the major national significance of this race to my mind. Scott in totals tracked Rubio pretty closely, suggesting that if Crist had been a moderate Dem from day one as governor, he might have run a skin tight race against Rubio.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #261 on: November 03, 2010, 01:35:43 AM »

Martins has now taken a slight lead over Johnson in the 7th  50.32-49.66.  496 votes, 91.48% in  (23 precincts left)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #262 on: November 03, 2010, 01:36:31 AM »

Me and Snowguy told you about Dayton. Smiley
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #263 on: November 03, 2010, 01:40:00 AM »

Where does that put us?

GOP up 30-29 in called races, the 7th, 37th and 60th too close to call, but Dems have a slight edge in all three. 

If the Dems hold the three they have a slight lead in it will stay 32-30 Dems, each side picking up one from the other and cancelling each other out (3rd and 11th)

Does that include the Dem win in SD-38?  I think that was an open-seat pickup.  (Or was the dead Rockland guy a Democrat)?
East Coast Republican

« Reply #264 on: November 03, 2010, 01:41:36 AM »

The votes left in Florida to count are less than Scott's margin (or almost there), so he will win by a margin beyond lawsuit potential. That means the Pubbies can gerrymander the sh*t out of the state, like last time, which is the major national significance of this race to my mind. Scott in totals tracked Rubio pretty closely, suggesting that if Crist had been a moderate Dem from day one as governor, he might have run a skin tight race against Rubio.

I wish.  Even though Scott is (maybe, appears) victorious and Republicans obtained veto proof majorities in both the state house and senate, the fair districting amendment passed.  Unless Republicans can come up with a way to keep it from going into effect, the Republican state domination days are over.

And yes, Republicans tried to get the amendments kicked off the ballot before the election.  I wonder what argument they could use now to keep them from going into effect.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: November 03, 2010, 01:42:26 AM »

I wish.  Even though Scott is (maybe, appears) victorious and Republicans obtained veto proof majorities in both the state house and senate, the fair districting amendment passed.  Unless Republicans can come up with a way to keep it from going into effect, the Republican state domination days are over.

And yes, Republicans tried to get the amendments kicked off the ballot before the election.  I wonder what argument they could use now to keep them from going into effect.

I'm assuming you voted against that garbage.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #266 on: November 03, 2010, 01:45:50 AM »

We certainly hope so. Yey gerrymandering!Corrupting the very spirit of one person one vote is ever so good for a democracy, you know....
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #267 on: November 03, 2010, 01:47:21 AM »

GOP picked up about 15 state House seats in Texas, basically every seat they lost over the past 6 years.  Exact totals tomorrow.

Oh and Solomon Ortiz Jr. lost, which is an interesting parallel.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #268 on: November 03, 2010, 01:49:25 AM »

Where does that put us?

Does that include the Dem win in SD-38?  I think that was an open-seat pickup.  (Or was the dead Rockland guy a Democrat)?

It was a Dem pick up, GOP did pick up SD-48, Ritchie knocked off Aubertine.  I was wondering about that.  I did think that SD-38 was a GOP held seat prior to the vacancy, but didn't realize Aubertine was the incumbent, so when I saw the NY-38 race I simply assumed I was wrong and it was a Dem held seat.

Martins now ahead 50.49-49.49.  97.04% reporting (8 precincts left)   Looks like 7 of the 8 are from McCarthy's Congressional district.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #269 on: November 03, 2010, 01:49:32 AM »

We certainly hope so. Yey gerrymandering!Corrupting the very spirit of one person one vote is ever so good for a democracy, you know....

Again, how do you determine if a district has been drawn in a "non-partisan" manner? Who are the people who draw the lines? Look at the groups who support this amendment.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #270 on: November 03, 2010, 01:50:24 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2010, 02:02:46 AM by East Coast Republican »

I wish.  Even though Scott is (maybe, appears) victorious and Republicans obtained veto proof majorities in both the state house and senate, the fair districting amendment passed.  Unless Republicans can come up with a way to keep it from going into effect, the Republican state domination days are over.

And yes, Republicans tried to get the amendments kicked off the ballot before the election.  I wonder what argument they could use now to keep them from going into effect.

You better believe I voted no on both of them.  Yeah 'fair districts' sponsored by a ton of northeastern unions and out of state liberal special interest groups.  Talk about a hidden power grab.

And Badger, stop being self righteous.  Gerrymandering has always been a part of this country.  I don't complain about the gerrymandered districts in California or Massachusetts.  To the victor goes the spoils that's what I say.  The pure pure swing states can worry about switching between conservative and liberal gerrymandering schemes every 10 years.  Really if you think about it, the liberal and conservative gerrymanders balance themselves out while the dominant party has a substantial, but not insurmountable, advantage.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #271 on: November 03, 2010, 01:51:56 AM »

The Democrats' demise in Arkansas appears to be real. Republicans are leading in the three statewide offices they contested (Lt. Gov., SOS, and Land Commissioner), and the Republicans are winning 6 Dem Senate seats and 15 Dem House seats.

Dems there are exceptionally fortunate that the GOP didn't even bother to contest the rest.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #272 on: November 03, 2010, 01:52:26 AM »

Sky, stop being blue!

Dude, just tell them +58. hahahaha
East Coast Republican

« Reply #273 on: November 03, 2010, 01:55:46 AM »

Sky, stop being blue!

Dude, just tell them +58. hahahaha

I think we actually got around 65.  We definitely got more than 60. 
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #274 on: November 03, 2010, 01:56:31 AM »

Dems will be back in Arkansas.  Be patient.  Just maybe not while Obama is at the top.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies