ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:00:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 47
Author Topic: ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are  (Read 109052 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: September 22, 2018, 07:42:46 PM »

Ffs, none of the red state Dems are voting to confirm Kavanaugh. They'd demoralize their base and sink their chances for reelection. If Heitkamp wins it's going to be because female voters put her over the top. And Heitkamp knows this.

As long as Schumer don't got 2 republicans in the bag, there will be at least one or two dems to vote for him. There is no base to piss off in WV, only room for Manchin to grow if he does the right thing for his reelection by voting yes. I don't like Kavanaugh, and in an ideal world, I would want to stop him. But we have to save our red state dems, so confirm him even if he did it (plus he was a minor at the time of the alleged incident). He will also be confirmed just like Clarence Thomas.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #626 on: September 22, 2018, 09:43:34 PM »

Ffs, none of the red state Dems are voting to confirm Kavanaugh. They'd demoralize their base and sink their chances for reelection. If Heitkamp wins it's going to be because female voters put her over the top. And Heitkamp knows this.

As long as Schumer don't got 2 republicans in the bag, there will be at least one or two dems to vote for him. There is no base to piss off in WV, only room for Manchin to grow if he does the right thing for his reelection by voting yes. I don't like Kavanaugh, and in an ideal world, I would want to stop him. But we have to save our red state dems, so confirm him even if he did it (plus he was a minor at the time of the alleged incident). He will also be confirmed just like Clarence Thomas.

I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree. If Schumer really does manage to get two Republicans on the No side, every single Dem has absolutely no excuse to vote to confirm. If Schumer doesn't manage two Republicans, then I wouldn't particularly care, but in reality there's only one Dem I could see benefiting from voting Yes (Manchin). Everybody else, including Heitkamp, would probably be better off voting against Kavanaugh.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #627 on: September 22, 2018, 09:45:52 PM »

I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree. If Schumer really does manage to get two Republicans on the No side, every single Dem has absolutely no excuse to vote to confirm. If Schumer doesn't manage two Republicans, then I wouldn't particularly care, but in reality there's only one Dem I could see benefiting from voting Yes (Manchin). Everybody else, including Heitkamp, would probably be better off voting against Kavanaugh.

Schumer won't get two republicans, but if he somehow does, then I would reluctantly support pushing back on Kavanaugh.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #628 on: September 22, 2018, 09:46:53 PM »

Unless Ford face plants at her testimony, no Dem is going to vote for Kavanaugh. They have enough cover to get out of having to vote yes.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #629 on: September 22, 2018, 09:47:59 PM »

Unless Ford face plants at her testimony, no Dem is going to vote for Kavanaugh. They have enough cover to get out of having to vote yes.

That's not nearly enough cover for Manchin, his state does not give a crap whether or not Kavanaugh did it.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #630 on: September 22, 2018, 09:53:58 PM »

Nonody in WV cares about how Manchin votes on Kavanaugh
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #631 on: September 22, 2018, 09:58:43 PM »

http://wvmetronews.com/2018/09/10/west-virginia-poll-voters-say-manchin-should-vote-to-confirm-kavanaugh/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jsIRwc4tYzz9WjDei-kUcYUED_OewwG6/view
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #632 on: September 22, 2018, 10:01:02 PM »

http://wvmetronews.com/2018/09/10/west-virginia-poll-voters-say-manchin-should-vote-to-confirm-kavanaugh/

Yeah...they tell the pollsters that but they dont actually care in real life. The polls said Garland should be confirmed and Dems lost anyway because people dont actually care about this stuff except on a superficial level
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #633 on: September 22, 2018, 10:04:43 PM »

Yeah...they tell the pollsters that but they dont actually care in real life. The polls said Garland should be confirmed and Dems lost anyway because people dont actually care about this stuff except on a superficial level

Trump will whip up this issue in ND and other states if they vote no, and it will be different.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #634 on: September 22, 2018, 10:09:09 PM »

Trump will whip up this issue in ND and other states if they vote no, and it will be different.

Nobody cares what Trump thinks or whips up either. Trump held rallies for Saccone and Moore and they still lost. And those that won like Handel and Balderson barely made it when those races shouldnt of even been on the radar.

Atlas keeps acting like Trump had this enormous amount of power to single handedly defeat a candidate even though the GOP is barely holding seats that havent voted Dem in decades
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #635 on: September 22, 2018, 10:10:11 PM »

My God Bagel just shut up.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #636 on: September 22, 2018, 10:20:03 PM »

Nobody cares what Trump thinks or whips up either. Trump held rallies for Saccone and Moore and they still lost. And those that won like Handel and Balderson barely made it when those races shouldnt of even been on the radar.

Atlas keeps acting like Trump had this enormous amount of power to single handedly defeat a candidate even though the GOP is barely holding seats that havent voted Dem in decades

Morrisey and Cramer are much better candidates than Moore and Saccone, and WV and ND are much redder and have higher approval ratings for Trump than all of those places. Also it is midterm turnout, not special election crowds.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #637 on: September 22, 2018, 10:45:30 PM »

TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #638 on: September 22, 2018, 10:47:42 PM »

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #639 on: September 22, 2018, 11:14:25 PM »

Morrisey and Cramer are much better candidates than Moore and Saccone, and WV and ND are much redder and have higher approval ratings for Trump than all of those places. Also it is midterm turnout, not special election crowds.

Doesn't matter. None of them will lose due to how they voted for Kavanaugh. If they lose then they were always going to lose. Its laughable that the GOP thinks that running on "appointing textualist judges" will bost GOP turnout. The average voter cant even spell textualist let alone factor in these things when they go to vote.

Also....Obama won Illinois by 25% in 2008, held a high approval rating there, and the Dems still lost the Senate race there in 2010. Why? Because national enviorment and fundamentals matter more than how much someone won by in the previous election.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #640 on: September 22, 2018, 11:19:41 PM »

Doesn't matter. None of them will lose due to how they voted for Kavanaugh. If they lose then they were always going to lose. Its laughable that the GOP thinks that running on "appointing textualist judges" will bost GOP turnout. The average voter cant even spell textualist let alone factor in these things when they go to vote.

Also....Obama won Illinois by 25% in 2008, held a high approval rating there, and the Dems still lost the Senate race there in 2010. Why? Because national enviorment and fundamentals matter more than how much someone won by in the previous election.

It will boost GOP turnout a bit, but it will also sway the already turned out electorate in those conservative states to the GOP.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #641 on: September 22, 2018, 11:24:50 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2018, 12:35:20 PM by Zaybay »

It will boost GOP turnout a bit, but it will also sway the already turned out electorate in those conservative states to the GOP.

Just to pretend that the polling showing Red State Dems doing worse when they vote for Kavanaugh instead of against doesnt exist, when has a Supreme Court appointment in anyway changed a significant amount of voters to sway an election?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #642 on: September 22, 2018, 11:24:52 PM »

No they aren't. Cramer just had that gaffe on Kavanaugh and Morrirsey is too fiscally conservative. Also ND and WV both have long histories of voting Democrat down ballot, especially in GOP mid-terms. No reason for 2018 to be that much different really.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #643 on: September 22, 2018, 11:34:04 PM »

Just to pretend that polling the polling showing Red State Dems doing worse when they vote for Kavanaugh instead of against doesnt exist, when has a Supreme Court appointment in anyway changed a significant amount of voters to sway an election?

Its never swayed an election but now Atlas wants to pretend that somehow things that have never mattered before now suddenly matter under Trump; the guy with a 38% approval rating with a booming economy.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #644 on: September 22, 2018, 11:34:38 PM »

No they aren't. Cramer just had that gaffe on Kavanaugh and Morrirsey is too fiscally conservative. Also ND and WV both have long histories of voting Democrat down ballot, especially in GOP mid-terms. No reason for 2018 to be that much different really.

I want to believe....
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #645 on: September 23, 2018, 12:43:35 AM »

I am hoping for a new poll to see how the race has shifted since Cramer's gaffe.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #646 on: September 23, 2018, 12:49:04 AM »

I am hoping for a new poll to see how the race has shifted since Cramer's gaffe.

Give it a few more days so the message can spread enough. I do think this hurts though, I think Cramer edges out by only 1-2 points now.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #647 on: September 23, 2018, 02:51:01 PM »

Yeah, this is a state that gave a 36 point margin to the pussygrabber.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #648 on: September 23, 2018, 03:00:11 PM »

Kind of off topic, but I had a dream last night that a poll was released that had Heitkamp leading 24-14 with 62% undecided, and everyone on Atlas took it seriously and acted like she was heavily favored because she now had a double digit lead.

Weird, I had that same dream, except it was a Beto lead.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #649 on: September 23, 2018, 04:02:18 PM »

Drunkenness does not excuse a sexual assault. Neither does being seventeen at the time. Having had one beer does not make one drunk, as Cramer says of Ford.

Speaking of allegations of sexual assault keeping good people from getting high public office... it is entirely possible that had knowledge of this assault been known, Kavanaugh might not have made it to law school.

Good people show character from childhood. They do not have horrible lapses.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies