ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:00:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 47
Author Topic: ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are  (Read 109103 times)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: October 02, 2018, 10:05:58 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=302835.0

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #701 on: October 03, 2018, 07:03:04 PM »

So this race is now Likely R.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #702 on: October 03, 2018, 07:04:18 PM »

Until we get another poll saying otherwise, probably.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #703 on: October 03, 2018, 07:31:43 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2018, 07:38:07 PM by Storr »

Oof: Cramer +12
I know it's Fox News. But, generally their methodology is much better than say Rasmussen.

I can't post links yet, but the poll is up on RCP. It was released at 6pm Eastern.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #704 on: October 03, 2018, 07:36:18 PM »

Looks like I was wrong. It moved votes towards Cramer!

And look at the abuse we took for saying that Cramer's "Akin comments" wouldn't matter in a state that gave a 36 point margin to the pussygrabber, haha.

The Atlas hivemind/echo chamber/circlejerk is powerful indeed and almost always buys into its own hype, lol.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #705 on: October 03, 2018, 07:45:16 PM »

Safest prediction ever: If the next poll shows a closer race, Cramer fans will cling to the Fox poll, while Heitkamp fans will say that they knew the Fox poll was wrong and that Heitkamp is still going to win. I swear, the dramatic reactions to single polls around here make me question why I spend so much time here. I guess it's going to be pretty bad, now that we're in the home stretch.

Anyway, I always thought Heitkamp would have a hard time for reasons I've explained before, and while she's struggling even more than I thought, it's not like losing a seat in ND means that the "Democrats are in disarray." The Fox polls themselves suggest that both McCaskill and Donnelly could survive even as Heitkamp gets crushed, if you take the polls at face value.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #706 on: October 03, 2018, 07:50:25 PM »

Safest prediction ever: If the next poll shows a closer race, Cramer fans will cling to the Fox poll, while Heitkamp fans will say that they knew the Fox poll was wrong and that Heitkamp is still going to win. I swear, the dramatic reactions to single polls around here make me question why I spend so much time here. I guess it's going to be pretty bad, now that we're in the home stretch.

Anyway, I always thought Heitkamp would have a hard time for reasons I've explained before, and while she's struggling even more than I thought, it's not like losing a seat in ND means that the "Democrats are in disarray." The Fox polls themselves suggest that both McCaskill and Donnelly could survive even as Heitkamp gets crushed, if you take the polls at face value.

To be fair, we've gotten two polls in the past month. Both show Heitkamp down double digits. So it's not like it's just one poll here.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #707 on: October 03, 2018, 07:52:18 PM »

I quite agree with this sentiment. It seems Atlas will take any singular poll and make the biggest deal possible about it, even if such poll is clearly an outlier. That doesnt appear to be the case for this poll, but we should get another on Friday, so that will be the true test on which poll is closer to the truth.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #708 on: October 03, 2018, 07:52:50 PM »

And look at the abuse we took for saying that Cramer's "Akin comments" wouldn't matter in a state that gave a 36 point margin to the pussygrabber, haha.

The Atlas hivemind/echo chamber/circlejerk is powerful indeed and almost always buys into its own hype, lol.

This is the same forum that thought Heitkamp was the safest of all the Trump state Dems in 2017 (NOT just Romney states, many mind you). The delusion is real

Yes I was wrong on Heitkamp.

However, give me credit. I was 100% correct on the MO and IN senate contests. (Toss Up Tilt R, Dem Favored) respectively.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #709 on: October 03, 2018, 07:54:22 PM »

I’m really not sure if releasing favorable polling data for only part of the state is a good sign of where things are headed for a campaign:

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #710 on: October 03, 2018, 07:55:06 PM »

DKE is less reactive than this place
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #711 on: October 03, 2018, 07:55:59 PM »

This is the same forum that thought Heitkamp was the safest of all the Trump state Dems in 2017 (NOT just Romney states, many mind you). The delusion is real

Yes I was wrong on Heitkamp.

However, give me credit. I was 100% correct on the MO and IN senate contests. (Toss Up Tilt R, Dem Favored) respectively.

Its tilt D at this point
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #712 on: October 03, 2018, 07:59:32 PM »

How many incumbents trailing by double digits in multiple polls a month before the election ended up winning in the end? I can't imagine there are very many. So no, it's not "overreaction" at all to think Heitkamp is screwed.

And again, there have been two polls showing her down double digits, not just one. So if anything, if a poll came out showing Cramer +3 or something that would be the outlier.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #713 on: October 03, 2018, 08:01:41 PM »

How many incumbents trailing by double digits in multiple polls a month before the election ended up winning in the end? I can't imagine there are very many. So no, it's not "overreaction" at all to think Heitkamp is screwed.

And again, there have been two polls showing her down double digits, not just one. So if anything, if a poll came out showing Cramer +3 or something that would be the outlier.
TWO double digit polls have come out. The DFM poll, which had Heidi doing the best, was by far the most accurate in 2012. Give me a break, lol. Heidi is still in this, and is gonna win IMO
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #714 on: October 03, 2018, 08:03:30 PM »

Saying Heitkamp is screwed might not be, but the idea that this means that the Democrats are tanking overall definitely is, since the same pollster found a tie in MO and Donnelly up 2 in Indiana, suggesting that what's going on in North Dakota probably can't just be extrapolated to other races.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #715 on: October 03, 2018, 08:16:01 PM »

TWO double digit polls have come out. The DFM poll, which had Heidi doing the best, was by far the most accurate in 2012. Give me a break, lol. Heidi is still in this, and is gonna win IMO

That was a Democratic internal and didn't even poll the entire state.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #716 on: October 04, 2018, 11:36:54 AM »

Heitkamp raised 3.8 million in Q3.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #717 on: October 04, 2018, 01:09:35 PM »

Heitkamp is a NO on Kavanaugh.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #718 on: October 04, 2018, 01:11:36 PM »

Bye-tkamp
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #719 on: October 04, 2018, 01:18:32 PM »

Congrats Senator Heitkamp for making the tough decision to vote against a gang-rapist. Huzzah.
Predictor
TWRAddict
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.96

« Reply #720 on: October 04, 2018, 01:20:50 PM »

Congrats Senator Heitkamp for making the tough decision to vote against a gang-rapist. Huzzah.

Ensuring the GOP keeps a senate majority. Real smart of her.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #721 on: October 04, 2018, 01:21:21 PM »

Awesome!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #722 on: October 04, 2018, 01:23:16 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2018, 03:47:26 PM by Virginiá »

Yeah, she must be punished for daring to reject a drunkard sex creep for a lifetime appointment on the highest court.
Amirite bro?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #723 on: October 04, 2018, 01:24:44 PM »

Heidi Heitkamp will win reelection, and this is the reason why.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #724 on: October 04, 2018, 01:25:04 PM »

This means she’ll probably lose reelection and she knows that. Doing the right thing over winning an election. Respect.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies