GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:49:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 49
Author Topic: GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread  (Read 71156 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: June 20, 2017, 08:35:27 PM »

Ossoff better hope those mail votes are like 80-20 Dem

There are about 28K mail votes (maybe a little bit more, since they would be accepted through today).  If Ossoff gets 60% of them, he'd net about 5600 votes; 65% would net 8400; 70% would net 11200.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #651 on: June 20, 2017, 08:35:42 PM »

Pelosi needs to GO like now she has been used in all of these specials and it seems to be effective.
I honestly can't believe people still fall for anti-Pelosi nonsense. She really needs to go.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #652 on: June 20, 2017, 08:35:49 PM »

The mail ins for DeKalb are coming soon, per DDHQ.

"Soon"
hueylong
Rookie
United States

« Reply #653 on: June 20, 2017, 08:35:55 PM »

Not just gonna be one of those people who smugly dissect everything about Ossoff's campaign with their perfect 20/20 hindsight, but one thing he could've done better (from everything that I've seen, which is quite a lot) is really hammer Handel on some of the comments she's made. She's said some disgusting and unpopular stuff, but I don't think Ossoff utilized that enough. Like, it's not unreasonable to expect that calling LGBT relationships/adoption less legitimate should hurt a candidate, considering support for gay marriage and LGBT rights are literally at all time highs. Add in her gaffes like 'livable wage' and man it seems like he didn't capitalize on this aspect enough.
swf541

« Reply #654 on: June 20, 2017, 08:36:31 PM »

I guess dems will have to wait until the NJ or VA gubernatorial elections for any big wins, sad night for them.

I will say Pelosi should retire, the GOP has used her in so many dark money sponsored ads and is quite effective, it is literally their most effective strategy other than fear mongering like the scalise shooting ad.

We massively closed margins in SC-05 im more excited for 2018 after tonight than before it

Dems screwed up GA-06 pretty easily in retrospect by nationalizing it they should have swept it under the radar
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #655 on: June 20, 2017, 08:36:41 PM »

Notice how Schumer never comes up in GOP ad or McConnell in D ads they both have low name ID generate less intensity from partisans. Pelosi has been around since 2004 for most Americans.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #656 on: June 20, 2017, 08:36:59 PM »

Handel winning will also allow Republican to take more of a political risk. But remember in GA-06 is a southern suburban district. If Republican are close to loosing suburbs in the south well that explains itself.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #657 on: June 20, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »

Not just gonna be one of those people who smugly dissect everything about Ossoff's campaign with their perfect 20/20 hindsight, but one thing he could've done better (from everything that I've seen, which is quite a lot) is really hammer Handel on some of the comments she's made. She's said some disgusting and unpopular stuff, but I don't think Ossoff utilized that enough. Like, it's not unreasonable to expect that calling LGBT relationships/adoption less legitimate should hurt a candidate, considering support for gay marriage and LGBT rights are literally at all time highs. Add in her gaffes like 'livable wage' and man it seems like he didn't capitalize on this aspect enough.

Agreed 100%. Handel is not a good politician, plenty of baggage, and little charisma. Ossoff's campaign should've definitely capitalized on that.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #658 on: June 20, 2017, 08:37:16 PM »

If Democrats think they're going to be taking the House in 2018, this is a district they'll likely need to win.  This is supposed to be their brand new "winning coalition" of educated whites.  Epic fail.

No its not this would be a dems having a 50 seat majority seat

False

LOL ok well your posts in this thread so far have been insubstansive a so not sure why i continue to bother to reply but if i was head of the DCCC this would be on the extra seat list to take the house.  Actually i think dems need to focus on the rust belt and parts of Appalachia for 2018, in particular WV-2,3 and I think its KY-6 (the one in eastern kentucky dems had til 2012).

The seat has an R+8 PVI and the SC seat is actually imo much more alarming for the GOP considering it should not have swing much at all it should be an inelastic rural southern seat unless im missing some unique faceat of this district.

This district was Trump +1 in 2016.  The rust belt is gone. Those seats aren't swinging back.  Educated college whites are the Democrats new great white hope, and they've let them down this time.  The path to 2016 isn't going to be the same for Democrats that it was in 2008.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #659 on: June 20, 2017, 08:38:25 PM »

The margin should get closer.
swf541

« Reply #660 on: June 20, 2017, 08:38:35 PM »

Pass what legislation...the Dems havent been able to pass anything since 2010

Yeah after they lost control of the House. Don't be a 5 year old.

And they lost the house because of Nancy Pelosi

Pelosi needs to step aside and train a new guy her so called parliamentary genius then

lol, how was it Pelosi fault?

Because shes red meat for the GOP base. Nothing gets the geezers out of the mobile home park and to the voting booth than sticking Pelosi's face on an attack ad

These people would give up SS and Medicare to get Pelosi out of office

lol, they lost their majority because of the ACA and Obama backlash.

Serously, stop trying to revise history.

Pelosi:

Disliked by 100% of Republicans, 75% of independents, and 50% of Democrats

Hey, let's keep her on because she knows like parliamentary stuffs

I like pelosi but this isnt wrong
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #661 on: June 20, 2017, 08:38:38 PM »

Is it fair to say that if he looses tonight it's because Ossoff was a pussy who should've gone more negative?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #662 on: June 20, 2017, 08:38:52 PM »

If Democrats think they're going to be taking the House in 2018, this is a district they'll likely need to win.  This is supposed to be their brand new "winning coalition" of educated whites.  Epic fail.

False

LOL ok well your posts in this thread so far have been insubstansive a so not sure why i continue to bother to reply but if i was head of the DCCC this would be on the extra seat list to take the house.  Actually i think dems need to focus on the rust belt and parts of Appalachia for 2018, in particular WV-2,3 and I think its KY-6 (the one in eastern kentucky dems had til 2012).

The seat has an R+8 PVI and the SC seat is actually imo much more alarming for the GOP considering it should not have swing much at all it should be an inelastic rural southern seat unless im missing some unique faceat of this district.

This district was Trump +1 in 2016.  The rust belt is gone. Those seats aren't swinging back.  Educated college whites are the Democrats new great white hope, and they've let them down this time.  The path to 2016 isn't going to be the same for Democrats that it was in 2008.

Yep, I remember how Indiana became a safe Democratic state after Obama's 2008 victory.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #663 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:00 PM »

On balance, the trend for the Democratic Party is still positive. Remember, the SC result has about the same weight as the GA 06 result, and would have more impact in the House swing. The base would have been happy with a win, but I don't think this was again, a bad night, for Democrats. Losing GA 06 by 6 and losing SC by 15 would have been bad. Losing GA 06 by 2 and losing SC by 3 is not a bad night at all.

Mixed, yeah, but the trend remains positive for the Democratic Party.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #664 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:04 PM »

Is it fair to say that if he looses tonight it's because Ossoff was a pussy who should've gone more negative?

He should have lived in the district.
swf541

« Reply #665 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:12 PM »

Definitely an aspect but dems nationalizing it is a larger one
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #666 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:32 PM »

Pelosi needs to step aside and train a new guy her so called parliamentary genius then

Because shes red meat for the GOP base. Nothing gets the geezers out of the mobile home park and to the voting booth than sticking Pelosi's face on an attack ad

Pelosi:

Yeah, because passing legislation and keeping your caucus in order is kind of important when it comes to the job as leader.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #667 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:54 PM »

Pelosi:

Lets force Hoyer and Clyburn to retire while you at. Why is all three leader for the Dem over 75.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #668 on: June 20, 2017, 08:40:02 PM »

False

Yep, I remember how Indiana became a safe Democratic state after Obama's 2008 victory.

Even after 2008, the long term trends were painfully obvious.  Nobody seriously expected battleground Indiana(!) going into 2012.  Not comparable at all...
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #669 on: June 20, 2017, 08:40:10 PM »

On balance, the trend for the Democratic Party is still positive. Remember, the SC result has about the same weight as the GA 06 result, and would have more impact in the House swing. The base would have been happy with a win, but I don't think this was again, a bad night, for Democrats. Losing GA 06 by 6 and losing SC by 15 would have been bad. Losing GA 06 by 2 and losing SC by 3 is not a bad night at all.

Mixed, yeah, but the trend remains positive for the Democratic Party.

Are you supporting the Dems now?
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #670 on: June 20, 2017, 08:40:17 PM »

Yes.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #671 on: June 20, 2017, 08:40:46 PM »

Notice how Schumer never comes up in GOP ad or McConnell in D ads they both have low name ID generate less intensity from partisans. Pelosi has been around since 2004 for most Americans.

McConnell is not as partisan as Trent Lott was.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #672 on: June 20, 2017, 08:40:54 PM »

So much hate for Ossoff after considering him as a POTUS or VP candidate for 2024...after his successful Senate campaign in 2020.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #673 on: June 20, 2017, 08:41:08 PM »

If Democrats think they're going to be taking the House in 2018, this is a district they'll likely need to win.  This is supposed to be their brand new "winning coalition" of educated whites.  Epic fail, IF they have in fact lost.

I'm not so sure that winning Republican districts is going to help Democrats.  What Ds need are swing seats and a fair redistricting process for 2022.  They might not win back the House until 2022 when a new map is produced.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #674 on: June 20, 2017, 08:41:14 PM »

Politico fixed tracker and now finds that Handel, not Ossoff, is running a few points ahead in complete precincts

LOL politico ! fake news !
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 49  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies