Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:55:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 153722 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: August 09, 2013, 05:57:44 PM »

Always outside I guess? I don't understand why you don't want your puppy to live in your house...

However, it's great to see you will have a new soon!!

Have you seen this message?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #651 on: August 09, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »

You have to touch the screen?  That's awful.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #652 on: August 09, 2013, 06:22:49 PM »

Always outside I guess? I don't understand why you don't want your puppy to live in your house...

Sorry, I've been quite busy playing!

The puppy comes in and out.

I'm not sure what your second sentence means? Is it missing a word after new?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #653 on: August 09, 2013, 06:23:30 PM »

So you bought a surface? Don't you already have a tablet?

It's a touch screen desktop.  VERY cool!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #654 on: August 09, 2013, 06:53:55 PM »

So it's a giant tablet basically.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #655 on: August 09, 2013, 07:09:05 PM »

So it's a giant tablet basically.

I guess you could say that.  It does have an external keyboard and mouse that come with it like a regular desktop.  This is just a whole lot bigger than a tablet, in both physical size and size.  It has a 23" screen, an 8mb Memory, and a 2tb hard drive.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #656 on: August 09, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »

The first week of school is in the books.  It was an awesome and blessing filled first week.  I really like my program, my classmates, my professor.  I have found nothing bad about the program, yet.  The only thing MIGHT be the book is not the best, but the professor helps to overcome that by giving one-on-one tips that tell you what the book never even touches.  I already have about 3 or 4 drawings added to my portfolio.  When the day ended on Thursday, I was about 3 1/2 days ahead all together and just starting Lesson 3.  At the close of business on Friday, I was about a third, close to half, of the way through the assignments of Lesson 3. I should be finished with that by lunch on Tuesday, which is a day ahead of schedule.  Each assignment in the lesson is supposed to take a little over 2 hours each.  There are 10 assignments including the Lesson 3 test and the performance test covering the first three lessons.  I am finished with 4 of the assignments and am halfway through the 5th assignment.  That is about 9 hours of work, and I completed those in 7 hours.  So, I am about 2 - 2 1/2 hours ahead of the game right now.  I am intentionally going slower on the third lesson and meticulously going through it with a fine toothed comb to make sure I absorb everything I possibly can.  I woke up during the second lesson test which didn't go as good as I wanted, so I knew from then on, I had to slow it down and realize this is not a race.  That's tough, because I like to go fast!  It's gong really well, though, and I couldn't be happier!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #657 on: August 09, 2013, 07:40:17 PM »

Bushie is a master painter. I love he builds the story slowly towards those big dark moments...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #658 on: August 09, 2013, 07:53:35 PM »

I love how you fantasize about those big dark moments!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #659 on: August 09, 2013, 09:49:32 PM »

I love how you fantasize about those big dark moments!

Thank you! So how poorly did you do on that second test exactly?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #660 on: August 10, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »

I'm too drunk to even care about bushie failing his second lesson.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #661 on: August 10, 2013, 04:57:20 AM »

Wait, you failed a test already?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #662 on: August 10, 2013, 05:10:19 AM »

It's great to see you will have a new job soon. I
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #663 on: August 10, 2013, 06:33:05 AM »

I didn't exactly fail, just did poorly.  I only averaged 70 on it.  That's a C-, but its nowhere near what I wanted, but it is an eye opener to SLOW DOWN!! I want to get an 85% on it at some point to be able to close the chapter on it to make sure I get the information down, so I hope to take it again Monday with no grade recorded.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #664 on: August 10, 2013, 06:35:03 AM »

It's great to see you will have a new job soon. I

Thanks, windjammer!  It won't be until likely June 1 at the earliest, so still another 9 1/2 months, but I am working toward a new job.  In the mean time, I am treating this CADD school as my job and my instructor as my supervisor, classmates as coworkers and such.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #665 on: August 10, 2013, 10:43:06 AM »

bushie will you be walking jj today?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #666 on: August 10, 2013, 11:20:41 AM »

I didn't exactly fail, just did poorly.  I only averaged 70 on it.  That's a C-, but its nowhere near what I wanted, but it is an eye opener to SLOW DOWN!! I want to get an 85% on it at some point to be able to close the chapter on it to make sure I get the information down, so I hope to take it again Monday with no grade recorded.

Yes, then slow down. No need to get 5 weeks ahead of your class if you're making C-'s on your second exam, which should be one of your easiest.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #667 on: August 10, 2013, 02:55:23 PM »

Yes, then slow down. No need to get 5 weeks ahead of your class if you're making C-'s on your second exam, which should be one of your easiest.

The first exam spoiled me, because I got an 84 and a 96 on my two attempts (have to get 85) which averaged out to a 90.  Chapter 5 was in the second lesson and was easily the hardest of the first five.  I really had to slow down through that one as it was talking about layers.  That was a tough one and is the chapter I did so poorly on in the second exam.  I should be in position to attempt the Lesson 3 exam either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.  I will likely do it Tuesday morning so I can bring the book home and study it that evening to make sure I know the material.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #668 on: August 10, 2013, 03:32:37 PM »

The first exam spoiled me, because I got an 84 and a 96 on my two attempts (have to get 85) which averaged out to a 90.  Chapter 5 was in the second lesson and was easily the hardest of the first five.  I really had to slow down through that one as it was talking about layers.  That was a tough one and is the chapter I did so poorly on in the second exam.  I should be in position to attempt the Lesson 3 exam either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.  I will likely do it Tuesday morning so I can bring the book home and study it that evening to make sure I know the material.

You're spinning us more than a top.  Only one in four test attempts have you got above 85. that's failure. What the hell kind of test can you take multiple times?  That's not real school.  You need to buckle down and get it correct the first time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #669 on: August 10, 2013, 04:35:42 PM »

This class isn't designed to be a look alike of school, it is designed to be a model of a job.  The tests just have to be in there because it is school.  In the grading system for this class, you can take a test twice to achieve 85% (technically 88% as there are 25 questions worth 4 points a piece).  The two scores are averaged.  However, per the instructor's requirements if you don't achieve 85% on either attempt, you have to take it again until you do get the 85%, but only the first two scores are recorded and averaged.  This is to make sure you gain the most important thing from the tests - the knowledge.  The grade is important, yes, but the knowledge will help you go further in not only the class, but the career field, as well.  Knowledge is power, right?  That is the motto of these tests.  Now, when I get finished with Lesson 3, there will actually be two tests.  One test to cover just Lesson 3 which is just like the first two tests, and a performance test to cover Lessons 1-3, which I assume is going to be producing drawings that will be added to the portfolio.  See, the class is broken down to 4 layers.  You have the CADD program that is the entire year.  Underneath that, you have different courses.  Underneath that are Lessons (or really, Learning Activity Packet (LAP)) by name.  Inside each LAP are reading, drawing assignments, and the test.  In the first course, there are 8 Lessons or LAPs.  I am in the middle of LAP 3, so I am roughly a third of the way finished with the first course - Fundamentals of CADD.  I should be halfway through by Thursday or Friday.  The first course is 120 hours, and I have completed 30 hours through the first two LAPs and the third lap is 21 hours, of which I have completed almost 10.  So, that is 40 hours of 120 hours which is right at a third of the way.  I technically have until midday Wednesday to finish LAP 3 to stay on pace, so if I get finished with the performance test by Tuesday at 14:15, I'll gain a half day.  My goal is to finish it by the end of the day Tuesday.  I think LAP 4 is 21 hours as well, which from midday Wednesday would be the end of the day Monday, August 19 to stay on pace.  Each day is roughly 6 hours.  I hope that gives a glimpse into the structure of the CADD program.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #670 on: August 10, 2013, 05:40:56 PM »

Since I have this new computer, I am ready for AutoCAD 2014 to be installed on it.  I should be able to install it for free within the next two weeks.  My instructor is working on getting our school email setup and established and with that, we can access a wide variety of software to download and install for free with a 3 year license.  This is very similar to what I had in college, there was a database of mainly Microsoft software that we could download and install for free with our school email.  I will also be able to install 3D Maxx 2014 which we will be using quite a bit later on in the course.  Having both of these on my home computer at my disposal will allow me to be able to extend the learning outside the classroom and play with the assignments, especially drawing assignments, outside of class.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #671 on: August 10, 2013, 06:12:52 PM »

Inks and Duke, I did tell them, I just momentarily forgot.  Everybody forgets things right?  That is perfectly normal right?

LOL... sure... You conveniently remembered that you "momentarily forgot".  You know what leads to memory loss...? Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #672 on: August 10, 2013, 06:18:50 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2013, 06:23:11 PM by Inks.LWC Supports Chuck Hagel »

What do you mean by "I only averaged 70 on it"?  It was one test, right, so what's the average for?  Didn't you say a few days ago that passing is 85% and above, so wouldn't 70% be failing (even if it's technically a C-)?  When I was in undergrad, there were certain classes we couldn't get below a C in; is this class similar to that?

Oh... I see now.  You conveniently left out this part the first time you talked about taking the test.  So in actuality, you failed the first test you took and only after retaking it again did you get the 90 "average".  You were bragging about how quickly you got through the first lesson, but in doing so, you failed your first test.  Slow the frak down on these lessons so you actually learn the stuff.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #673 on: August 10, 2013, 06:23:49 PM »

I love how he conveniently forgot to mention that he failed his initial attempt at the first test when he brought it up last time. Classic Bushie!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #674 on: August 10, 2013, 06:25:58 PM »

I love how he conveniently forgot to mention that he failed his initial attempt at the first test when he brought it up last time. Classic Bushie!

Come on, man... you're being overly harsh on him.  I'm sure he just momentarily forgot that he failed the first test.  Everybody forgets things, right?  That's perfectly normal, right?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies