The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 02:47:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17
Author Topic: The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed  (Read 26731 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: March 06, 2005, 03:29:21 PM »
« edited: March 08, 2005, 03:46:50 PM by Senator Sam Spade »

And Now For The Paper You Trusted To Report The Federal Elections A Week Ago!![/i]

ELECTION RESULTS

FINAL NUMBERS

Major outage hits Atlas Forum, NixonNow makes miracle comeback, D2, SE Gubernatorial Elections headed for runoff.

from National Atlasian's Election Correspondent,
SamSpade

As of 12:00 AM EST...

SENATE RACES:
D2 Senate
(special election, through dazzleman)
blerpiez 6
NixonNow 6
Total votes: 12
Tied race!

D3 Senate (special election, through sarnstrom54014)
Nym90 12
Write-ins: (Everyperson in the district who isn't Mike Naso) 1 (1 flows to Nym90)
Write-ins: (Nym's cookies) 1 (flows to Nym90)
Total votes: 14

Final round:
Nym90 14

GOVERNOR'S RACES:
SE Governor (special election, through nclib)
Approval voting:
Zebulon Vance: 10
Harry: 10
Ernest: 2
Ian: 2
Siege40: 2
Franklin D. Roosevelt 1
HTMLdon 1
Jake 1
Wiseguy 1
Invalid 1
Total votes: 20 (approval votes 31)
Tied race.

Winners are in italics.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #376 on: March 09, 2005, 10:13:29 AM »

The Regulations are just a codification of what the executive intends to do, but are subject to change at any time.  In my opinion, had the Magistrate not included a specific end time, then the 60 hour rule of the regulation would certainly pertain.  However, as far, as legislated law in concerned the only provision that exists as far as runoff elections are concerned is the first sentence of Article I Section 5, “In the case of a tie vote for any election, a runoff election shall be held beginning within 24 hours after the end of the previous election.”  Therefore, the statement by the Magistrate that the election would end tonight can be viewed a one time regulation that pertained to only that election.  Voters who wish to be persnickety should try to get some law passed requiring that regulations must be announced a set period in advance.  Technically, it would have been legal, but probably led to a couple of recall elections had he specified that the polls for the runoff were only going to be open for one minute and cast the only vote.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2005, 04:38:43 PM »

Forum Affairs A Needed Agenda
Forum Affairs Legislation Was Needed; Senate Doing Its Job[/i]
By Peter Bell[/i]

The sixth session of the Senate has seen 7 pieces of Forum Affairs legislation, almost more than all the previous sessions of the Senate combined - It is clear that the Senate has finally gotten serious about improving the governance of the nations most basic function.

First out of the gate was an Amendment to the Gabu Election Act which clarified the Activity Requirements to remain qualified to vote - such a step is clearly welcomed as it will hopefully avoid disputes in the future. This was followed by the Line of Succession Act introduced by Senator MAS117 which under the new Constitution will finally remove the defunct position of Secretary of Labor from the line of succession and also reorganises to place the Cabinet departments which have more activity higher in the line of succession.

Third came the Deputy SoFA Act written by Secretary King which has created an additional position in the federal government to assist the SoFA with the very time-consuming tasks that the Forum Affairs Department is charged with. This will undoubtedly assist with tracking new voter registrations and during election weekends when the SoFA himself is absent as has happened in the past.

Fourth came the Jury Selection Act written by Governor Bell has ironed out the problems encountered during the George W. Bush trial where the presiding Justice, Texasgurl, discovered that she was unable to constitute a jury because no Law had been made on the issue. Fifth has come the Government Thread Act, again written by Senator MAS117 and largely modified by Senator Hughento, which has mandated a reorganisation of the threads within the Government board and the increasing of the openness of the various government departments.

Sixth came the Omnibus Criminal Law Act which has created various crimes against the Republic and will finally allow the government combat illicit behaviour by removing the voting rights of those who break these laws. The Bill was heavily amended in the Senate in expectation of a Civil Law Bill due to be published soon and also to make clear provisions to provide the accused with counsel in the event he is unable to secure his own.

Finally came the Omnibus Election System, Procedure and Certification Act, also written by Governor Bell that has finally codified many aspects of the electoral system that were previously simply "understood" to be the case and finally flaws in the electoral system that have been previously identified and experienced, yet never rectified.

All in all this has greatly reorganised the Atlasian government and given it clear procedures to follow during elections and trials which should mean that when these institutions are called upon, they will be able to respond to the call quickly and efficiently. The National Atlasian commends the Senate for its action in this regard and looks forward to an election with clear rules and hopefully clear of controversy thanks to these new Laws this April.

The fight does not end here however: The Senate presently has waiting for consideration the Judiciary Bill and the prospect of a Civil Law Bill; Both of these measures will equip our Courts to deal with the expected possibility of cases between citizens with accusations of defamation and libel simmering at the surface more and more.

Further, Atlasia as a whole will soon hopefully be embarking on a frontier: One in which it may well be conducting diplomatic relations with other micronations around the internet. If this is to be so, then the Senate will need to pass legislation to equip the government with the proper tools needed: And to this call, Senator MAS117 has answered with the Diplomatic Mission Act. As for the possibility of diplomatic relations, we urge the President and Cabinet to pursue this action as soon as possible in the hope that we bring new challenges and opportunities to Atlasia.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2005, 04:42:31 PM »

Welcome back to the National Atlasian! This article will be first among many articles that will come out in the next couple of weeks to kick off this new publication of the National Atlasian. I hope you enjoy the National Atlasian once more and thank you for making us Atlasia's trusted news source.
Colin Wixted
Editor-In-Chief
National Atlasian
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #379 on: April 16, 2005, 08:11:44 PM »

Atlasia Has Now Entered the Weimar Republic Stage
A Look At the 6th Senate[/i]

The Sixth Senate began with a fury and is coming to an end in a murmur. This Senate began with the outrage over both NixonNow of New Jersey and Michael Naso of Ohio getting elected to the Senate. Many Atlasians accused Mr. Naso for digging up inactive voters and Atlasians who have not been seen in the nation for months.

Many said that Mr. NixonNow, a known anti-Semite, was elected because of voter stupidity. Many have said, rightly, that the much of the voting populace of Atlasia does not care anymore. That their lack of interest in the affairs of the nation have led to men like Mr. Naso and Mr. NixonNow getting elected. Though it seems that, as this Senate draws to a close, Atlasia has been able to pull through even with men like NixonNow and Naso at the helm.

The Senate, as of late, has also seen the resignation of veritable politician Hugh Bartlett. He resign over the growing amount of control and the lack of excitement in the Senate and the country as a whole. He has brought to the forefront what has been the complaint of some first generation Atlasians. The excitement of the new nation and the instability that some of them saw as necessary to keep the nation well off and interesting has departed and now stability and experience have taken over. While some see this as a bad thing many people believe that this will lead to a better, sounder, and overall more interesting nation than the early instable periods of Atlasian history.

The Sixth Senate is also the most productive Senates that Atlasia has ever had. This Senate has already passed fifteen pieces of legislation with two more that seem on their way to passing. This can be attributed to the work of PPT Gabu and the new introduction procedures being fully put into place. The adapt handling of the Senate by Mr. Gabu has allowed this Senate to debate and vote on more bills and produce a volume of high quality work.

The Sixth Senate as a whole was not the disaster that many nay-sayers predicted in February. It has seen much needed forum affairs legislation passing, criminal law being put in place and debated and voted on many pieces of legislation left over from the Fifth Senate.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #380 on: April 16, 2005, 08:12:38 PM »

A Tale of Two Parties
The Final Departure of the Two Grand Dames of Atlasian Politics

In that past month we have seen the two original parties of Atlasia collapse and be replaced by new fully Atlasian parties. The Democrats have lost membership ever since the election of Mr. True Democrat. After the February election the AFDNC was increasingly marginalized against a growing Farmer-Labor Party and the new Independent Liberal Party.

The AFDNC, which had been under attack from all sides since Phillygate in December, finally began coming apart at the seems after the Guinan Tapes were released implicating that Mr. Akno, the current chairman, was an accessory to Phillygate. This, along with internal struggles within the AFDNC, lead to Mr. San Croix and then Mr. Democrat leaving the party for the Union Party and Independent Liberals, respectively. Soon after that AFDNC stalwart Eric Nyman left the party for the Farmer-Labor Party. This was the beginning of the end as the AFDNC soon lost members to both leftist parties and was soon comprised entirely of inactive and semi-inactive members.

At this time, seeing that the party could not survive, the highest ranking member of the AFNDC, Josh, called for its dissolution. This was soon seconded by the only other rather active member of the AFDNC Ian of Kentucky. Both soon left the party and it seems now that the AFDNC has been put into the ash heap of history.

Along with the AFDNC the Republicans also saw a re-working, although nothing along the lines of those going on between the leftist parties. After several high powered Republicans left the party, Mr. Jake Nichols of Georgia began his own Atlas Conservative Party as an alternative to the Republican Party of Atlasia. His small breakaway Conservative Party was soon in talks with the RPA, which had been taking heat from Centrists for having an unfair advantage because of their name.

These talks soon proved fruitful and on March 28th the Atlas Conservative Party and the Republican Party of Atlasia combined to form the new Atlasian Conservative Alliance. This party is basically nothing more than the Republican Party with a new name but many applauded the decision and wished the best to this “new” party.

So thus finally ends the long and continuous debate over the Republicans and Democrats in Atlasia. Since the beginning of the UAC it has been the goal of many in the Centre, as well as some on the left and right, to destroy the parties or, more correctly, destroy the names, and create an Atlasia were only fully Atlasian parties were allowed. It seems as though they have finally succeeded. With the Republicans content with their new names and Democrats spread between the Independent Liberal Party, the Union Party, the Farmer-Labor Party, and Independents, it seems like the Centrists have finally obtained their goal. A goal of a fully Atlasian political system and the creation of a state independent of any other nation.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #381 on: April 23, 2005, 03:15:14 PM »

IIRC I wrote in Immy for Governor and Wildcard for Lt.Gov, giving the incumbents my secpref.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #382 on: April 23, 2005, 03:20:24 PM »

I should add that the Pacific absentee voting booth was well hidden, and I'm not sure if it's legal actually. Immy put it in my "Another proposal for the Pacific to vote on" thread. I was the only person to vote.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #383 on: April 23, 2005, 03:44:31 PM »

Sam:

Gabu 12 (i)
Write-ins:
(John Ford) 1
Invalid: 1
Total votes: 13

Gabu 14 (i)
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #384 on: April 23, 2005, 09:39:41 PM »

I should add that the Pacific absentee voting booth was well hidden, and I'm not sure if it's legal actually. Immy put it in my "Another proposal for the Pacific to vote on" thread. I was the only person to vote.

I know, I should have advertized that more.  But since we don't actuall have anything in our Constitution about absentee ballots, I didn't think it was a problem.  That is why I think we need to rewrite it (the Constitution).
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #385 on: April 23, 2005, 09:44:09 PM »

I know, I should have advertized that more.  But since we don't actuall have anything in our Constitution about absentee ballots, I didn't think it was a problem.  That is why I think we need to rewrite it (the Constitution).

Oh btw I'm for re-writing it. I don't know where the thread was where you brought that up.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #386 on: April 24, 2005, 02:01:17 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2005, 04:41:13 PM by Senator Sam Spade »

We're Back!![/i]

ELECTION RESULTS - April 2005 Midterm Elections

Cosmo Kramer increases lead in D4, King maintains slight lead over NixonNow, Extreme voter apathy plaguing D2

SamSpade

As of 5:15 PM EST, Sunday...

SENATE RACES:

D1 Senate

Supersoulty (i) 7
Write-ins:
(Al) 2
(Rt Hon The Late Lord Callaghan of Cardiff) 1 (1 flows to Supersoulty)
(Suicide) 1 (1 flows to no one)
Total votes: 11

Final Round
Supersoulty (i) 8
Write-ins:
(Al) 2

D2 Senate
PBrunsel 3
Write-ins:
(Dean) 1
("Diamond" Joe Quimby) 1
(PD) 1
Total votes: 6

D3 Senate
King 7
NixonNow (i) 4
Write-ins:
(Herschel Schmoykel Krustofsky) 1 (1 flows to NixonNow)

Final Round
King 7
NixonNow (i) 5

D4 Senate
John Dibble 3 (2 flow to no one, 1 flows to Ebowed)
Cosmo Kramer 6 (4 flow to Ebowed, 2 flows to John Dibble)
Ebowed 2 (1 flows to Cosmo Kramer, 1 flows to no one)
Total votes: 11

Final Round
John Dibble 3
Cosmo Kramer 7

D5 Senate (5B)
Gabu 12 (i)
Write-ins:
(John Ford) 1

Final Round
Gabu 13 (i)

D5 Senate (5A Special Election)
DanielX 7
Write-ins:
(Gabu) 1 (1 flows to DanielX)
(Hughento) 1 (1 flows to Jesus)
(Jesus) 3
None 1

Final Round
DanielX 8
Write-ins:
Jesus 4

REGIONAL RACES:

Midwest Governor
Cheesewhiz 5
Write-ins:
(Nation of Ulysses) 1 (1 flows to no one)

Pacific Governor
Wildcard (i) 7
Immy 2
Total votes: 9

Pacific Lt. Governor
Immy (i) 8
Wildcard 1
Total votes: 9

Southeast Governor (runoff election)
StatesRights: 5
Wiseguy: 5
Total votes: 10
Tied race!

Incumbents have an (i) next to their name.
Winners are in italics.

The National Atlasian is calling these races, as of 4:00 PM EST

District 1 Senate Race for:
Supersoulty

District 4 Senate Race for:
Cosmo Kramer

District 5(B) Senate Race for:
Gabu

District 5(A) Senate Race for:
DanielX

Midwest Governor's Race for:
Cheesewhiz

Pacific Governor's Race for:
Wildcard

Pacific Lt. Governor's Race for:
Immy
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #387 on: April 24, 2005, 02:37:05 PM »

You're still not including my vote.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #388 on: April 24, 2005, 11:39:50 PM »

We're Back!![/i]

FINAL RESULTS

ELECTION RESULTS - April 2005 Midterm Elections

SamSpade

As of 12:00 PM EST, Monday...

SENATE RACES:

D1 Senate

Supersoulty (i) 8
Write-ins:
(Al) 2
(Rt Hon The Late Lord Callaghan of Cardiff) 1 (1 flows to Supersoulty)
(Suicide) 1 (1 flows to no one)
Total votes: 12

Final Round
Supersoulty (i) 9
Write-ins:
(Al) 2

D2 Senate
PBrunsel 3
Write-ins:
(Dean) 1
("Diamond" Joe Quimby) 1
(PD) 1

D3 Senate
King 7
NixonNow (i) 5
Write-ins:
(Herschel Schmoykel Krustofsky) 1 (1 flows to NixonNow)
Invalid 1
NOTA 2
Total votes: 16

Final Round
King 7
NixonNow (i) 6

D4 Senate
John Dibble 5 (2 flow to no one, 1 flows to Ebowed)
Cosmo Kramer 6 (4 flow to Ebowed, 1 flows to John Dibble, 1 flows to no one)
Ebowed 4 (1 flows to Cosmo Kramer, 3 flows to no one)
StatesRights 1 (1 flows to John Dibble)
Invalid 1
Total votes: 17

Final Round
John Dibble 6
Cosmo Kramer 7

D5 Senate (5B)
Gabu 12 (i)
Write-ins:
(John Ford) 1

Final Round
Gabu 13 (i)

D5 Senate (5A Special Election)
DanielX 7
Write-ins:
(Gabu) 1 (1 flows to DanielX)
(Hughento) 1 (1 flows to Jesus)
(Jesus) 3
None 1

Final Round
DanielX 8
Write-ins:
Jesus 4
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #389 on: April 28, 2005, 07:04:49 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2005, 07:06:57 PM by Senator Sam Spade »

Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics[/b]
[/size]
by Senator Sam Spade
[/i]

This session of the Senate, the Atlasian Senate has broken its usual stupor in passing pointless legislation, bad legislation or legislation that has good intentions, but is terribly written.  The body of work that this Senate has produced is truly remarkable and the quality of it is clearly magnificent.  We in the Senate, and the citizenry of Atlasia can truly thank each and every Senator for making this Senate work so well and making the Republic of Atlasia a more wonderful place.

Still, there is much work to be done.  At present, the Atlasian Senate is preparing to vote on two bills that I have designed to represent truly centrist thoughts and ideals, balancing the needs of fiscal responsibility with the needs of government to provide cost-effective and productive legislation meant to help the public at-large.

Yesterday evening, most of the Atlasian public saw and heard a report on PBC News on my "Repeal of the Education and Child Care in Poverty Act" that made my hair stand on end with its blatant falsehoods, false generalities and ignorance of the bill itself.  If we are going to call this "yellow journalism" the Official Paper of Atlasia, then maybe we need to heed the calls of a Senate candidate from District 3, who called for the GM's thread to "be unstickied and removed as direct propoganda against the Republic."

As we know with the effectiveness of government, there is no way that such legislation of extreme complexity and scope could even make a dent into the public at-large, much less produce the results that we saw in the space of 4 months.  After all, the Medicare Prescription Drug Bill that we signed 3 years ago is still not in effect and won't be in effect till FY 2007 at the earliest.

One must wonder if these PBC supporters didn't go to the nicest "private" day-care center they could find and show it off to the citizens of Atlasia as being the effects for this sort of legislation.

Numerous falsehoods and discrepancies were left out of this report.  The reporters for PBC said that the legislation would save $20 billion; the legislation will save $13 billion, all going towards the Budget Deficit and will allow the Senate to draft new legislation to spend $4.5 billion for Education Dept. resources.

Even the writer of the original legislation, former Senator Akno21 has announced his support for the legislation saying that, "It's a poorly written bill and $4 billion dollars is a lot of money for the Education Dept."

Yet the PBC reporters chose to ignore these comments as well.  The PBC reporters seem to believe that only raising taxes on all Atlasians can restore the fiscal responsibility the fiscal stability of the Atlasian Republic. 

Is this the only solution that the Atlasian citizens are allowed to be given in order to solve problems?  Do they believe that cutting spending is a functional impossibility?  Do they believe that reducing waste in government is a waste of time for anyone to be doing?

If so, then they're showing this Senator, my fellow Senators, and my fellow citizens of Atlasia that they in the media don't really respect our intelligence. 

These types of reporters believed the Atlasian Senate believed that the Atlasian Senate could be never be a functional, responsible body, passing excellent legislation.  They never believed that we could pass a Budget, much less a Budget Amendment.

Now, they want us to believe that this ridiculously wasteful legislation that was passed before is actually working and that we would be out of our minds to be fiscally responsible and perhaps fund education programs that might actually have a positive impact among our future Atlasians and future generations.

We will prove them wrong.  We will make government work, for leftists, rightists, centrists, everyone.  And we will prove the naysayers wrong.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #390 on: April 28, 2005, 07:12:28 PM »

Even the writer of the original legislation, former Senator Akno21 has announced his support for the legislation saying that, "It's a poorly written bill and $4 billion dollars is a lot of money for the Education Dept."

I'm undecided on it, those comments merely stated that I wasn't going to go into Get your damn hands off my bill mode. I accept we need to cut something, yet I know our educational system needs work, and money.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #391 on: April 28, 2005, 07:13:45 PM »

I'm undecided on it, those comments merely stated that I wasn't going to go into Get your damn hands off my bill mode. I accept we need to cut something, yet I know our educational system needs work, and money.

I understand.  I was just using it more for rhetorical reinforcement, that's all.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: April 30, 2005, 09:30:27 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2005, 09:39:42 PM by Senator Colin Wixted »

Interview With Governor Andrew Berger
Editor-In-Chief Colin Wixted Talks With Governor Berger About the Southeast Crisis[/i]

Colin Wixted: What are your views on Gov. StatesRights' actions in the Southeast?

Governor Andrew Berger: The Governor's decision was completely wrong. While there is a certain level of regional rights that should be restored, it was ultimately wrong what he did and the courts echoed my sentiments with the ruling of the case.

Colin Wixted: You were the first governor to deploy troops and put the National Guard on alert. What made you do this and why do you believe that troops are needed?

Governor Andrew Berger: I felt that the Southeast Magistrate, Mr. Jake made several hostile statements under his thread "Southrons, Arise". I became fearful that the Southeast may attempt to overtake our friends in the Mideast and I'm sure if they did that nothing would stop them from attempting to overtake us.

Colin Wixted: Do you believe that a solution can be found in this crisis?

Governor Andrew Berger: It is indeed possible to find one but I'm not sure it will be so simple. Both sides seem rock solid on their positions, which may lead to, unfortunately, bloodshed in the nation.

Governor Andrew Berger: However, as I have shown by mobilizing the troops, I am not afraid to use citizens of the Northeast to defend the constitution of Atlasia and make sure the Southeast knows their place.

Colin Wixted: I see. What can yourself see doing in the event of the worst case scenario, a war between the regions?

Governor Andrew Berger: When I took the oath of office as Vice President, I promised to preserve and protect the constitution of Atlasia and although I am no longer serving as Vice President I will fulfil those duties as a citizen and will protect my region as a Governor, no matter what it takes. Lets just say I won't rule out any options.

Colin Wixted: Do you agree with some people that all who participate should not be allowed to run for office again? Do you believe that those who are involved should be tried for treason?

Governor Andrew Berger: I don't think they should be blocked by law, it should be something left up to the voters if they want those that violate the constitution in office, of course they won't be getting my vote. Now on the treason issue, I think I'll have to see how far things get before I make a decision on that. If anyone comes out for succession then yes I will support trials.

Colin Wixted: What is your opinion on the proposals of Senator Sam Spade? What do you think about the Gabu Amendment?

Governor Andrew Berger: They seem like quick fixes to the problem, as if they were taking the easy way out. In the short run these proposals may work but the problem will come up again in the long run.

Colin Wixted: Would you support a recall effort in the Southeast against StatesRights?

Governor Andrew Berger: I'm generally against recall elections, I believe that voters should not be able to simply take back their vote but since it is in the Southeast Constitution I believe yes, however overall, obviously it's the citizens of the Southeast's decision and I can't see that happening.

Colin Wixted: Do you believe that this could go as far as secession?

Governor Andrew Berger: Yes I do, I think there is a really good chance and I got this idea from statements made by Governor States Rights and Magistrate Jake. Their comments seem to suggest something along the lines of secession.

Colin Wixted: Do you believe that a war could be successfully fought?

Governor Andrew Berger: It depends on what you mean by successful, I do not think it would successful for the southeast.

Colin Wixted: Would you personally lead some or all of the Northeastern troops?

Governor Andrew Berger: I will say that I believe if I send boys off to war I will hopefully go with them. However this will be tough being that there is no Lt. Governor to take over if I do join the forces. On this same matter, I will be making a visit to the Northeastern Troops at the border tomorrow.

Colin Wixted: Well thank you for your time and your thoughts on this crisis.

Governor Andrew Berger: No, thank you. I enjoyed this time to speak on this very important issue.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #393 on: April 30, 2005, 09:38:08 PM »

Once again, the only ones not talking of secession are the Southerners.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #394 on: June 20, 2005, 08:18:03 PM »

Originally posted Monday, June 20th, 2005 at 2:19 AM EST in The Atlasian Times.

Siege Declared Presidential Winner in Final Round Landslide Against Keystone Phil
NYMAN -- Secretary of State Siege40, a populist-leaning liberal from Maine, has been declared the winner in the Atlasian Presidential race against conservative ACA nominee Keystone Phil by a vote of 58 to 37.

Tentative results for the race, which was extremely close in earlier rounds, shows Siege defeating Keystone Phil after a surprise comeback that left earlier leader liberal Senator Harry of Mississippi eliminated.  Siege received no huge support from any group, but performed well enough among liberals and moderates to beat Keystone Phil, whose support primarily came from conservatives and older forum members.

Although conflicting counting results mean that the race still remains uncertified at press time, no mentions of challenges to the results have so far been made, despite two disqualified voters that would have handed the election to Harry.

Senator Supersoulty of Pennsylvania, a Freedom Party member, offered a positive message in his concession speech.  "I am happy with the results of this race," Supersoulty  said. "I don't think we could have a better President than Siege.  He'll do a great job in the White House and I am proud to have had  this opportunity to run this race with him."

Although retiring from fantasy politics on a sour note, Keystone Phil also was positive about Atlasia's future under a Siege administration. "I contacted Secretary of State [Siege40] and congratulated him on his win," Phil said in his concession. "If Atlasia wants to move forward, I suggest that the nation unites behind our next President and Vice President."

Deputy Secretary of Fourm Affairs has not yet confirmed Siege40's win, but all counts at this time show him with at least a narrow win. Until the confirmation occurs, votes are subject to change and results are not confirmed. -Alcon San Croix
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #395 on: June 20, 2005, 08:20:12 PM »

Originally posted Monday, June 20th, 2005 at 2:33 AM EST in The Atlasian Times.

Few Surprises in Senate Results
NYMAN -- With only two remotely close races, in the Southeast and a nail-biter in the Pacific, a new, slightly more conservative Senate will now serve Atlasia.

With the Mideast, Midwest, and Northeast Senate races virtually uncontested, all eyes were on the Pacific and Southeast senate races, where incumbnent Union Party member SamSpade faced a somewhat close race against political rising star Ben Meyers of the Atlasian Conservative Alliance. SamSpade and Ben Meyers, who shared politics on many issues in what became a race of personality more than issues, were close until a small burst of late SamSpade votes. SamSpade won 11 to Meyers' 7, with 1 write-in vote for Gubernatoral candidate Dubya.

A very close and partisan race in the Pacific between Secretary of State True Democrat, a member of the Independent Liberal Party, and FuturePrez, of the Union Party. In what many see as a major upset, FuturePrez defeated True Democrat by a vote of 10 to 9.

Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs Peter Bell certified the Senate results at 1:18 AM Eastern Time, over an hour after the election ended. -ASC
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #396 on: June 20, 2005, 08:20:59 PM »

Originally posted Monday, June 20th, 2005 at 2:40 AM EST in The Atlasian Times.

Secretary of State Siege40 Certified Next Atlasian President
NYMAN -- Secretary of State Siege40 is the next Atlasian President, according to results certified by Secretary of Forum Affairs True Democrat early Monday morning.

Secretary of State Siege40 received 58 votes to Keystone Phil's 37 votes with 10 voters having their ballots exhausted in the final results. The certification was made at 2:26 AM on Monday.

The results can be found here and are final. These results match earlier ones created by Atlasian citizen jfern. -ASC
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #397 on: June 20, 2005, 08:21:40 PM »

Originally posted Monday, June 20th, 2005 at 3:23 PM EST in The Atlasian Times.

BITE SIZE NEWS
Pacific Constitutional Convention Begins
SAN FRANCISCO -- The Pacific Constitutional Convention began today, with John Ford conceding Chairman nomination to Emsworth to avoid a conflict of interest. The Convention is the most recent of several regional Conventions started after the new national Constitution was adopted. -ASC

Election Winners Would Have Varied Under Other Counting Systems
LINCOLN, NEB. -- According to numbers released by Cheesewhiz Monday, the winners of the Atlasian Presidential election would have varied under both FPTP and FPTP with run-off systems, resulting in a victory by Keystone Phil by 4 points and Harry by 21, respectively. Condorcet results have not yet been calculated. This information follows much speculation on the possibility of alternative voting systems in future elections. Further information can be found here. -ASC

Siege Makes Short Victory Statement
MONTPELIER, VT. -- President-Elect Siege40 made a short victory statement Monday morning. A full text of the two-paragraph speech can be found here. -ASC
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #398 on: June 20, 2005, 08:22:39 PM »

Originally posted Monday, June 20th, 2005 at 5:21 PM EST in The Atlasian Times.

Run-Off Between StatesRights and Dubya Heats Up
PLANT CITY, FLA. -- The run-off race between self-described far-right extremist StatesRights and incumbnent Governor Dubya could very well result in a second tie.

With a record 95 percent turnout this weekend, a tie in the Southeast Gubernatoral election may remain unbroken in a vote that will start tomorrow. The tense battle between incumbnent Dubya, a moderate conservative, and StatesRights, a far-right candidate whose action on gay marriage recently caused a Civil War scare, has sharply divided the normally united region.

Supporters of Governor Dubya's campaign point to StatesRights' actions leading up to the Civil War scare last year. In an advertisement released monday, Dubya reminds voters that StatesRights nullified a federal law and "nullified the ability of the Citizens of the Southeast to recall elected officials, a right guaranteed to us by the Southeast Constitution."

Although StatesRights has not actively campaigned since the election, or much before it, his write-in candidacy brought out support from a varied set of Southeastern residents, with exit polling even seeing him defeat Dubya among self-identified voters. Dubya performed very well among moderates, the predominant political force in the region, with conservatives narrowly preferring StatesRights. -ASC
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #399 on: June 20, 2005, 08:36:24 PM »

Harry Announces "Southern Alliance Party"
MADISON, MISS. -- Harry, a liberal Atlasian from Mississippi, has announced the creation of the Southern Alliance Party,which limits membership to "southern states."

Citing discontent with current political parties among southerners, Harry announced that  he was creating the Southern Alliance Party, or SAP. Although no specific details are yet available, the party was described by the former Senator as "vaguely populist," but he stressed that no southerner would be denied because of differing politics.

Harry says that he intentionally left the definition of "southern state" vague.  Initial speculation was that membership would be limited to "slave states," but the announcement made clear that "anyone who's interested can sign up for now."

So far, only StatesRights and Harry are registered party members. -ASC
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies