Election 2020: The Game!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 04:23:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2020: The Game!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31
Author Topic: Election 2020: The Game!  (Read 81316 times)
R/H
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: October 31, 2016, 10:35:31 PM »
« edited: October 31, 2016, 10:54:45 PM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

The end of the two-party system by 2021?

Recently, as the Democratic Party gets into deep division due to Hillary Clinton's policies perceived as too Republican-lite and her « failures », there's been chatter from several of Ashe's endorsers, notably Sanders, Warren, Gabbard and Kennedy, that they may break off from the Democratic Party at the end of this election cycle and run for reelection as candidates of a proposed Progressive Liberty Party, the creation of which has been proposed by Monds, Stein and Ventura. If it happens, we might witness the end of the two-party system and the U.S. political landscape would be dominated by the Republican Party, the Democratic Party and the Progressive Liberty Party.

The House of the Representatives approves the Help Heroes Act

The Help Heroes Act co-sponsored by the Independent presidential nominee Tim Ashe and that would provide health insurance and program training for American military veterans passed the House of the Representatives with 320 YES votes against 115 NO votes. The bill is then signed into law by President Hillary Clinton and will establish its effects.

The Senate vote on the SAVE Act set on April 12

The vote in the U.S. Senate on the SAVE Act sponsored by Republican Florida Senator and presidential candidate Marco Rubio is set on April 12, 2020. This bill would, in reaction to Detroit's decline and to national rising unemployment rate, provide tax credits for businesses investing in ethanol in order to help automobile companies to manufacture cars functioning through ethanol and to boost job creation.

ISIS commits genocide in a Kurdish village close to Mossul, Iraq

ISIS fighters commited a genocide by killing the entire population of a Kurdish village located close to Mossul, not only men but also women and children. ISIS decided to do so in order to punish the Kurds for having joined the antijihadist military coalition led by the United States and their allies. Over 100 people are killed in this attack.

Endorsements

Marco Rubio Sad Iowa Senator and 2020 presidential candidate Joni Ernst, former Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown, North Carolina Senator Richard Burr, former South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard, businessman, former U.S. Ambassador to Costa Rica and Republican candidate for Maine Senator Peter Cianchette, businessman and former Missouri Governor Matt Blunt, former RNC Chairman Michael Steele, former Florida Congressman Allen West, former Lieutenant Governor of Florida Jennifer Carrol, former U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales

Tim Ashe Sad Former Senator Mark Udall, Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin, Former President Jimmy Carter, Former Vice President Walter Mondale
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #476 on: November 01, 2016, 12:11:34 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2016, 12:20:42 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio for President 2020, Part 1
Right here Right now
Schedule for the week of April 12, 2020-April 18, 2020

April 12, 2020
-Meet with college voters at West Virginia University at Parkersburg in Parkersburg, West Virginia
-Energy policy speech in Parkersburg, WV
-Barnstorm in Parkersburg, WV
-Interview in Parkersburg, WV, where Senator Rubio is asked what he thinks of the potential creation of the Progressive Liberty Party that would be causing the end of the two-party system by 2021 Sad
Well I think a more diversified political landscape would be good for democracy and democracy has always been, still is and will always be a precious value that we're fighting for here and around the world for the sake of freedom, gender equality, security and liberty of press and opinion.

-Speech about faith in Parkersburg, WV, on the feast of Easter

-Easter party with supporters in Parkersburg, WV
-Marco Rubio delivers his Easter message on his campaign website
-Flight to Washington D.C.
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.
-In the U.S. Senate, Florida Senator Marco Rubio votes in favor of his sponsored SAVE Act.
-Flight to Miami, Florida
-Barnstorm in Little Havana in Miami, FL, in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Meet with college voters at the University of Miami in Miami, FL
-Speech at Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami, FL
-Fundraising event at American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL
-Immigration policy speech in Miami, FL
-Free trade policy speech at the Port of Miami in Miami, FL
-Foreign policy speech at the Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami, FL, where Senator Rubio denounces the genocide committed by ISIS in Iraq Sad

ISIS slaughtered an entire Kurdish village in Iraq. Just like it's outrageous that a jihadist group commits an attack against anybody anywhere in the world for what we believe, it's outrageous that terrorists orchestrate such a genocide. Every single racial or religious group has the right to exist. That's why jihadism needs to be destroyed and it can only be done through military strength and engagement and through reinforced and expanded military partnerships with our allies. That's why I take the pledge to do so as President of the United States in order to restore international security and to make sure that every racial or religious group can live within their beliefs and their convictions without getting persecuted.

-Supper with the voters at Tony Roma's facility in Miami, FL
-Speech at South Florida Hispanic Chamber in Miami, FL
-Speech at Miami Beach Hispanic Community Center in Miami, FL
-Speech at the Freedom Tower in Miami, FL

April 13, 2020   
-Easter breakfast with the voters at Versailles Restaurant in Miami, FL
-Fundraising event at the Four Seasons Hotel and Tower in Miami, FL
-Meet with college voters at Florida International University in Miami, FL
-Barnstorm in Fort Lauderdale, FL
-Meet with college voters at the University of Tampa in Tampa, FL
-Rally at Amalie Arena in Tampa, FL
-Rally at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, FL, alongside George W. Bush :

In 2000, I won one of the closest and most contested elections by winning this crucial state of Florida by only 537 more votes than Al Gore. So I'm the living proof that every single vote counts. I support my friend Senator Marco Rubio to be the next President of the United States because of his strong leadership, because he will make our economy strong again by cutting government spending and taxes for all the American people, championing businesses of all sizes, promoting free trade, reforming our education system, balancing our budget, ensure infrastructure development and lead us to energy independence through encouraging the exploitation of all of our sources of energy such as oil, gas, ethanol fuel, nuclear, electricity, wind, solar, etc., which will make us the strongest energy producer in the world, boost our automotive industry, make our cars less expensive than Asian cars, which will make us competitive in the Asia-Pacific region if we ratify the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). I know this as a former businessman of the oil industry.

I also endorse Marco Rubio because he has the right foreign policy experience to keep us safe like I did after 9/11. He will reinforce an modernize our military, promote and expand our precious and strategic alliances, fight and defeat international terrorism through military strength as well as all regimes supporting terrorism. He will stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons, restore Eastern Europe's territorial integrity against Russia and maintain peace on the Pacific Ocean by reinforcing our military presence there and creating the Pacific Treaty Organization (PTO).

Senator Rubio's family came here in Florida 64 years ago to find better economic opportunities and live better lives. As son of a bartender and a housekeeper, he was raised paycheck to paycheck and his parents didn't earn full education and didn't speak English. And yet, they made their American Dream successful and made their kids' lives better than theirs. I'm convinced that Senator Rubio will beat my record of attracting Hispanic voters (because Bush won 44 % of the Hispanic vote in during his re-election bid in 2004, the strongest Republican performance among Hispanic voters).

Como miembro de la comunidad hispana, él comprenda sus luchas. El cómo reformará nuestro sistema de inmigración o que le permitirá acceder a ciudadanía americana en terrenos más seguros y más justo como los Estados Unidos. El cómo reformará nuestro sistema de educación Al promover el libre comercio con América Latina, vamos a dar a nuestros negocios, incluyendo las pequeñas empresas hispanas en los Estados Unidos gracias a las oportunidades de idiomas y su fluidez en español e inglés, nuevas oportunidades para innovar, para aumentar su competitividad, para llegar a nuevos consumidores, dando a tener acceso a los productos estadounidenses, para crear puestos de trabajo en nuestro país y garantizar su expansión empresarial 'aquí y en todo el mundo. Gracias a su bilingüismo, los hispanos será dominante entre los importadores, los exportadores, los traductores y los ejecutivos que garanticen un intercambio, cultural y comercial. Y como he dicho, nuestra capacidad de innovación y la competencia proviene de nuestros mercados abiertos, así como nuestra constante búsqueda de nuevos mercados.

When I was elected in 2000, we were crossing the bridge to the 21st century, but 9/11 made the beginning of this century chaotic. We then fought terrorism around the world and killed Osama Bin Laden, ten years later. But yet, we still have strong challenges to face. Marco Rubio will accomplish the job I didn't manage to fulfill completely during my presidency. Thanks to his leadership the 21st century will be a new American century through strength, peace, prosperity, justice and national unity. So I'm asking you to support Marco Rubio because like I said I'm the living proof that every vote counts. So every vote counts for the future of America, a bright future that President Marco Rubio will bring.

Thank you. God bless the United States of America.

-Counter-terrorism policy speech at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, FL
-Economic policy speech at the Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa, FL
-Rally at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, FL
-Speech at Tampa Museum of Art in Tampa, FL
-Meet with college voters at the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL
-Energy policy speech at Big Bend Power Station in Tampa, FL
-Fundraising event at Tampa Museum of Art in Tampa, FL
-Foreign policy speech at the Mahaffey Theater in St. Petersburg, FL
-Barnstorm in St. Petersburg, FL
-Rally with Mike Huckabee in St. Petersburg, FL
-Bus trip to Orlando, FL
-Speech at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL
-Speech about Cuba's future in Orlando, FL
-Supper with voters at Darden Restaurants headquarters in Orlando, FL
-Foreign policy speech in Orlando, FL
-Rally at the Amway Center in Orlando, FL

April 14, 2020
-Meet with college voters at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, FL, alongside Jeb Bush
-Economic and space policy speech at the Vehicle Assembly Building in Merritt Island, FL, reiterating Rubio's plan for space exploration
-Speech at the Republican National Hispanic Assembly in Mascotte, FL
-Rally at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, FL
-Foreign policy speech at Naval Air Station Jacksonville in Jacksonville, FL
-National security policy speech at the Naval Station Mayport in Jacksonville, FL
-Speech at the Museum of Science & History in Jacksonville, FL
-Meet with college voters at Jacksonville University in Jacksonville, FL
-Economic policy speech at the Tallahassee Automobile Museum in Tallahassee, FL
-Meet with college voters at the Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL
-Speech at Florida A&M University in Tallahassee, FL, in an effort to woo African-American voters
-Fundraising event at FSU's Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, FL
-Veteran policy speech at the Tallahassee Vietnam War Memorial facing the Florida Capitol in Tallahassee, FL
-Foreign policy speech at the Florida Korean War Memorial in Tallahassee, FL
-Freedom of religion policy speech at St. Peter's Anglican Chirch in Tallahassee, FL
-Immigration policy speech in Tallahassee, FL
-Rally at Bragg Memorial Stadium in Tallahassee, FL
-Flight to Miami, FL
-Speech in Miami, FL, where Senator Rubio praises the American Dream
-Speech at the New World Center in Miami, FL
-Rally with supporters at the Four Seasons Hotel and Tower in Miami, FL, to watch the development of the voting results of the mini Super Tuesday

April 15-18 will come after mini Super Tuesday
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #477 on: November 01, 2016, 12:24:49 AM »
« Edited: November 28, 2016, 07:49:57 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio for President 2020 Right here Right now, Part 2

Surrogate schedule

April 12, 2020
-Joni Ernst campaigns for Marco Rubio in Des Moines, Iowa
-Joni Ernst campaigns for Marco Rubio in Springfield, Missouri
-Joni Ernst campaigns for Marco Rubio in Kansas City, MO
-Joni Ernst gives an interview with Fox News. Chris Wallace asks the Iowa Senator and former presidential candidate why she decided to endorse Marco Rubio while she said, after dropping out of the race, that she would support any candidate when the eventual nominee is clearly winning the nomination :

I decided to endorse Senator Rubio now because I did the math : Marco Rubio is clearly going to clinch the 1219 delegates needed to win the Republican nomination. He's definitely going to be the Republican nominee for President of the United States. Now he has 869 delegates and the mini Super Tuesday is likely to play on his favor : Marco is very likely to win his home state Florida where he's born, where he's Senator and where he will surely be helped by a massive Hispanic population, among them Cuban-Americans who are angry at Paul Ryan's past position against the Cuban embargo. So it gives Rubio all Florida's 99 delegates, thus putting him at 968 delegates.

Speaker Ryan's opposed the Bush Administration national energy policy in 2004 and 2005, which I think will hurt Ryan in states like West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota, all states which economy is mostly based on oil drilling and production and that will also be voting on mini Super Tuesday. Many Republicans and Independents are supporting Rubio's energy plan and Marco even got endorsement from former North Dakota Senator Heidi Heitkamp. In addition, ethanol is an important source of energy in North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota, and Rubio's SAVE Act that would provide tax credits for companies investing in ethanol fuel and encourage the manufacturing of cars functioning through ethanol fuel will please voters in these states. So it would get Senator Rubio at approximately 1063 delegates.

In addition, in one of its T.V. ads, Rubio attacked Ryan for his controversial comments on inner cities, which, I believe, will help him winning African-American voters, especially in Missouri, another state voting on mini Super Tuesday. Plus, there's an important Hispanic population in Kansas City (over 10 % of this city's population), which could represent an effective path to Rubio's victory in Missouri. If Rubio invests all these efforts, he will win Missouri and all the 52 delegates, thus putting him at 1115 delegates.

And the week after mini Super Tuesday, Rubio's Bipartisan Counter-Terrorist Coalition Act that passed into law after terrorist attacks in Chicago on February will help him winning Illinois where he will also likely be helped by Hispanic and African-American voters. After Rubio claimed that it's possible for the Republican Party to win Illinois on Election Day this year, he brought enthusiasm and optimism among Illinois Republicans. In addition, Illinois, like all the country, needs jobs, which partly requires approving the Keystone XL pipeline, which one of its destinations is Illinois. I met Illinois voters and talked to me about their worries for their future and for the U.S. economy, which, I think, will convince them to vote for Rubio in Illinois in order to find good-paying jobs, while Ryan, again, opposed the Bush Administration national energy policy. So it gives Rubio at least 54 delegates, putting him at 1169 delegates.

Ohio will vote the same day as Illinois and there's no single presidential candidate in the history of the United States, except for John F. Kennedy in 1960, that ever won the White House without winning Ohio so I think Ohio Republicans will focus their choice on who is the most likely to beat Hillary Clinton. Marco is the candidate that is making the best performance against President Clinton and will improve our capacity of attracting ethnic minority votes, especially from Hispanics. He has the right experience to grow the economy since he's a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. He also has the best foreign policy experience to keep us safe and defeat radical Islamic terrorism. In addition, he promised to approve the construction of the TransAmerica Energy Pipeline from Pennsylvania to California, passing by Ohio, while Ohio's main energy resources are oil and gas and Rubio pledged to expand oil drilling to boost economic growth as well as our automotive industry, to get us energy independence and to ensure the development of renewable energies in order to pursue further job creation while protecting the environment. In addition, African-Americans represent approximately 15 % of Ohio's population, which doesn't help Ryan in Ohio due to his comments on inner cities. So it will help Marco Rubio to win the Ohio primary and all the 65 delegates, thus putting him at 1234 delegates, thus clinching the Republican nomination because its 15 delegates more than the 1219 delegates needed to win.

I also support Marco because he's the only one who will grow our party and bring it together, attract ethnic minority voters as well as young voters and lead us to victory. He has the best plan to take care of our veterans like myself, to grow the economy, keep us safe and bring this country together once and for all.

April 13, 2020
-Matt Blunt praises Marco Rubio's economic policy agenda in St. Louis, MO

-Matt Blunt campaigns for Marco Rubio in Jefferson City, MO
-Jeb Bush campaigns for Marco Rubio in Miami, Florida
-Senator Jeff Atwater campaigns for Marco Rubio in Tallahassee, FL, and praises his Florida colleague's leadership in the U.S. Senate and tells undecided voters that this kind of leadership and judgement is needed at the White House.
-Carlos-Lopez Cantera campaigns for Marco Rubio in Orlando, FL
-Felix Rodriguez slams Paul Ryan's past opposition to the Cuba embargo and praises Marco Rubio's stand for freedom and democracy in Cuba

April 14, 2020
-Mike Huckabee campaigns for Marco Rubio in Jacksonville, FL
-George W. Bush campaigns for Marco Rubio in Miami, FL
-George P. Bush campaigns for Marco Rubio in Tampa, FL
-Jeanette Rubio campaigns for her husband in Boca Raton, FL

-Jeanette Rubio meets with college voters at Lynn University in Boca Raton, FL
-Jeanette Rubio rallies with her husband, their four children and Marco Rubio's supporters at the Four Seasons Hotel and Tower in Miami, FL, to watch the development of the voting results of the mini Super Tuesday
R/H
« Reply #478 on: November 01, 2016, 05:46:32 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2016, 10:29:55 PM by R/H »

MINI SUPER TUESDAY 2020, PART 1

CNN America's Choice theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvpd4myQXs

Wolf Blitzer : « Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to CNN's coverage of the Mini Super Tuesday. So remember, the states voting on Mini Super Tuesday this year are Florida, Kansas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri and West Virginia. It's 8 pm. Do we have news John? »

John King : « Yes Wolf, and we can project that Senator Marco Rubio dominates in the center counties of Florida as well as in the Hillsborough county (Tampa's location) and the Pinellas county (St. Petersburg county). This large lead is, of course, due to the fact that it's Rubio's home state and also due to the large local Hispanic population. »

Florida Primary - 25 % reported
Marco Rubio : 65 %
Paul Ryan: 28 %
Ron Paul : 5 %

Anderson Cooper : « It's 8 : 15 pm and while Paul Ryan wins only 4 northern counties, Marco Rubio sweeps all Florida's southern counties, including the Miami-Dade county (Miami's location) where the Florida Senator was born almost 49 years ago. He also wins almost all the northeastern counties, including the Orange county (Orlando's location), the Duval county (Jacksonville's location) as well as the Leon county (Tallahassee's location)»

Florida Primary - 50 % reported
Marco Rubio : 69 %
Paul Ryan: 28 %
Ron Paul : 3 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 30 pm and we can project that Senator Marco Rubio wins his home state of Florida and all the 99 delegates. »

Florida Primary - 75 % reported
Marco Rubio : 70 %, 99 delegates ✔
Paul Ryan: 27 %, 0 delegate
Ron Paul : 3 %, 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE FLORIDA PRIMARY

John King : « It's 8 : 45 pm and here are the final results in the Florida primary. Rubio easily wins his home state with 71 % of the vote and all the Sunshine State's 99 delegates, beating Paul Ryan who earned only 25 % of the vote and Ron Paul who got 4 % of the vote. »

Florida Primary - 100 % reported
Marco Rubio : 71 %, 99 delegates ✔
Paul Ryan: 25 %, 0 delegate
Ron Paul : 4 %, 0 delegate

Cooper : « We are now turning to West Virginia, where Marco Rubio and Paul Ryan are battling for supremacy in the southern counties. »

West Virginia Primary - 25 % reported
Marco Rubio : 44 %
Paul Ryan: 39 %
Ron Paul : 15 %

King : « It's 9 pm and Marco Rubio wins most of West Virginia's center counties as well as the Kanawha county (Charleston's location) and the Cabell county (Huntington's location). »

West Virginia Primary - 50 % reported
Marco Rubio : 46 %
Paul Ryan: 40 %
Ron Paul : 14 %

Blitzer : « It's 9 : 15 pm and Marco Rubio dominates in the western counties, including in the Wood county (Parkersburg's location) while Paul Ryan wins the Ohio county (Wheeling's location). »

West Virginia Primary - 75 % reported
Marco Rubio : 47 %
Paul Ryan: 41 %
Ron Paul : 12 %

Blitzer : « It's 9 : 30 pm and Marco Rubio wins the West Virginia primary and all the 32 delegates. »

West Virginia Primary - 100 % reported
Marco Rubio : 47 %, 32 delegates ✔
Paul Ryan: 40 %, 0 delegate
Ron Paul : 13 %, 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE WEST VIRGINIA PRIMARY

Blitzer : « Now let’s take a look at Wisconsin where Speaker Ryan leads in most of the center counties. »

Wisconsin Primary - 25 % reported
Paul Ryan: 51 %
Marco Rubio : 34 %
Ron Paul : 8 %

Cooper : « It’s 9 : 45 pm and while Rubio and Ryan are battling for supremacy in the northern counties, the Speaker of the House wins in Milwaukee and Kenosha. The Florida Senator narrowly wins the Brown county (Green Bay’s location). »

Wisconsin Primary - 50 % reported
Paul Ryan: 53 %
Marco Rubio : 37 %
Ron Paul : 9 %

King : « It’s 10 pm and Ryan wins the Dane county (Madison’s location). »

Wisconsin Primary - 75 % reported
Paul Ryan: 54 %
Marco Rubio : 37 %

Blitzer : « It’s 10 : 15 pm and we can project that Paul Ryan wins his home state of Wisconsin. »

Wisconsin Primary - 100 % reported
Paul Ryan: 51 %, 33 delegates ✔
Marco Rubio : 39 %, 9 delegates
Ron Paul : 10 %, 0 delegate

PAUL RYAN WINS THE WISCONSIN PRIMARY

Blitzer : « Let’s move on the Minnesota caucuses. While Ryan leads in most of this state’s northwestern counties, he shares an important part of the center counties with Rubio. »

Minnesota Caucuses - 25 % reported
Marco Rubio : 42 %
Paul Ryan: 37 %

Cooper : « It’s 10 : 30 pm and while Ron Paul wins a few counties in the south and the north, Senator Rubio dominates in the eastern counties, including in the Hennepin county (Minneapolis’ location) and the Ramsey county (Saint Paul’s location). »

Minnesota Caucuses - 50 % reported
Marco Rubio : 43 %
Paul Ryan: 35 %
Ron Paul : 16 %

King : « It’s 10 : 45 pm and while Paul Ryan wins the St. Louis county (Duluth’s location) »

Minnesota Caucuses - 75 % reported
Marco Rubio : 45 %
Paul Ryan: 36 %
Ron Paul : 17 %

Blitzer : « It’s 11 pm and we can declare Marco Rubio the winner of the Minnesota caucuses. »

Minnesota Caucuses - 100 % reported
Marco Rubio : 46 %, 16 delegates ✔
Paul Ryan: 37 %, 12 delegates
Ron Paul : 17 %, 6 delegates

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE MINNESOTA CAUCUSES
R/H
« Reply #479 on: November 01, 2016, 05:53:58 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2016, 05:57:36 AM by R/H »

MINI SUPER TUESDAY 2020, PART 2

Cooper : « Now let's look at North Dakota. »

Cooper : « Rubio wins most of the North Dakota’s northern counties »

North Dakota Caucuses - 25 % reported

King : « It’s 11 : 15 pm and while Ryan wins a few counties in the center of North Dakota, Rubio wins in Bismarck and in Fargo. »

North Dakota Caucuses - 50 % reported
Paul Ryan: 38 %

Blitzer : « It’s 11 : 30 pm and Senator Rubio leads in Grand Forks. »

North Dakota Caucuses - 75 % reported
Marco Rubio : 48 %
Paul Ryan: 38 %
Ron Paul : 13 %

King : « It’s 11 : 45 pm and we can project that North Dakota goes to Marco Rubio. »

North Dakota Caucuses - 100 % reported
Marco Rubio : 50 %, 18 delegates ✔
Paul Ryan: 37 %, 6 delegates
Ron Paul : 13 %, 4 delegates

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE NORTH DAKOTA CAUCUSES

Cooper : « Let’s look at South Dakota. Though Rubio and Ryan are fighting for this state’s center counties, Rubio wins the Stanley county (Pierre’s location). »

South Dakota Primary - 25 % reported
Marco Rubio : 42 %
Paul Ryan: 36 %
Ron Paul : 11 %

Cooper : « It’s midnight and Marco Rubio dominates in the western counties, including the Pennington county (Rapid city’s location and Mount Rushmore’s location). He also shares an important part of the eastern counties with Paul Ryan who leads in the Brown county (Aberdeen’s location). »

South Dakota Primary - 50 % reported
Marco Rubio : 44 %

Blitzer : « It’s 12 : 15 am in the morning and Senator Rubio wins the Minnehaha county (Sioux Falls’ location. »

South Dakota Primary - 75 % reported
Paul Ryan: 39 %

King : « It’s 12 : 30 am in the morning and we project that the winner in the South Dakota primary is Senator Marco Rubio who secures all the 30 delegates. »

South Dakota Primary - 100 % reported
Marco Rubio : 46 %, 30 delegates ✔
Paul Ryan: 40 %, 0 delegate
Ron Paul : 14 %. 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE SOUTH DAKOTA PRIMARY

Cooper : « Let’s move on Kansas. Paul Ryan leads in most of the southern counties. »

Kansas Caucuses - 25 % reported
Paul Ryan: 45 %
Marco Rubio : 30 %

Blitzer : « It’s 12 : 45 am. Marco Rubio makes progress in Kansas by winning the Wyandotte county (Kansas City’s location) as well as the Sedgwick county (Wichita’s location), while Paul Ryan wins the Johnson county (Overland Park’s location) and, narrowly, the Shawnee county (Topeka’s location). »

Kansas Caucuses - 50 % reported
Paul Ryan: 46 %
Marco Rubio : 34 %

King : « It’s 1 am. Paul Ryan dominates in most of the rural counties in the north, in the southeast and in the west of Kansas »

Kansas Caucuses - 75 % reported
Paul Ryan: 48 %
Marco Rubio : 35 %

Cooper : « It’s 1 : 15 am. Paul Ryan wins the Kansas caucuses. »

Kansas Caucuses - 100 % reported
Paul Ryan: 49 %, 20 delegates ✔
Marco Rubio : 37 %, 16 delegates
Ron Paul : 14 %, 4 delegates

PAUL RYAN WINS THE KANSAS CAUCUSES

Blitzer : « Now let's see what's happening in the Missouri primary. Rubio and Ryan are competing for supremacy in Missouri's center counties. The Florida Senator wins the Cole county (Jefferson City's location). »

Missouri Primary - 25 % reported
Paul Ryan: 41 %
Ron Paul : 10 %

King : « It's 1 : 30 am and Paul Ryan dominates in the northeastern counties. Marco Rubio does the same for the western counties, including the Jackson county (Kansas City's location) where he leads with 60 % of the vote against 29 % for Ryan and 10 % for Ron Paul. Rubio also consolidated his lead in most of the center counties. »

Missouri Primary - 50 % reported
Marco Rubio : 48 %
Paul Ryan: 43 %

Cooper : « It's 1 : 45 am and Marco Rubio leads largely in the St. Louis county and in St. Louis while Paul Ryan leads in most of the southern counties, including in the Greene county (Springfield's county). »

Missouri Primary - 75 % reported
Marco Rubio : 50 %
Paul Ryan: 44 %
Ron Paul : 6 %

Blitzer : « It's 2 am and we can project that Marco Rubio wins the Missouri primary with 50 % of the vote, thus winning all the 52 delegates, beating Paul Ryan who received 43 % of the vote while Ron Paul comes third with 7 % of the vote. »

Missouri Primary - 100 % reported
Marco Rubio : 50 %, 52 delegates ✔
Paul Ryan: 43 %, 0 delegate
Ron Paul : 7 %, 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE MISSOURI PRIMARY

Blitzer : « So it puts Senator Marco Rubio at 1141 delegates, followed by Paul Ryan with 304 delegates and Ron Paul with 18 delegates. We can see that Paul Ryan failed to make a strong performance on Mini Super Tuesday and won only Wisconsin and Kansas while Marco Rubio has now only 78 more delegates to win to clinch the Republican nomination. So I think Speaker Ryan is likely to drop out of the race and endorse Senator Rubio. »

King : « I think you're right Wolf. Now on a total of 2436 delegates, there are still 872 delegates left that are not yet collected. But even if Ryan wins all of these delegates, which is improbable, he can't win the nomination on the first ballot at the Republican National Convention because it doesn't give him the 1219 delegates needed to win the nomination, which would only bring further division in the party and decrease its chances of winning in November. So Ryan could effectively do the math and drop out of the race in order to bring party unity in the Republican Party that would likely join together in support of Marco Rubio who would be likely to clinch the nomination next week after winning the Maine caucuses as well as the primaries in Illinois, Ohio and North Carolina. »

Cooper : « And Ryan would think that such party unity is more than necessary in order to bring the GOP together and to beat Hillary Clinton in November. This would be putting the country first. »

Blitzer : « We'll see it tonight, but for now we wish you, ladies and gentlemen, good night and we'll see you next week for the coverage of the Illinois, Ohio and North Carolina primaries as well as the Maine caucuses. Thank you for watching! »
R/H
« Reply #480 on: November 01, 2016, 06:05:54 AM »

Republican Party Presidential Primaries, 2020 - Map and Delegate Count

Marco Rubio : 1141 delegates
Paul Ryan : 304 delegates
Ron Paul : 18 delegates
Tom Cotton : 97 delegates
James Comey : 4 delegates

1219 delegates needed to win the nomination
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #481 on: November 01, 2016, 11:54:03 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 11:16:19 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's victory speech in Miami, Florida

Thank you. Thank you so very much.

This is a great victory and a great night for America, because our party is uniting toward our campaign in order to start the work and to start the campaign to win in November, to beat Hillary Clinton, to get America back to work through smaller government, tax cuts for all the people, energy independence, free trade, education reform, budget balance, infrastructure development and businesses' promotion. After we win on November, America and the rest of the world will be safer through a stronger and modernized U.S. military, stronger alliances and stronger international freedom in order to fight and destroy international terrorism, to defeat tyranny for the sake of democracy and to restore international territorial integrity.

Bienvenida en el siglo XXI, un Nuevo Siglo Americano para todos los estadounidenses por la prosperidad, por la segurida, por la justicia, por la unidad nacional.

I got message for President Clinton : it's the economy stupid! Does it remind you something? Ten years ago, the Deepwater Horizon crisis in the Gulf of Mexico, not far away from here, hurt oil industry as well as our whole economy. Then Barack Obama's and Hillary Clinton's taxes and regulations on energy industry made this economic depression longer and worse and made us much more dependent on foreign oil, including from countries in throes of terrorism, thus, sometimes, unwillingly funding terrorist groups. We need to relaunch oil production by doubling permits on federal lands, approve the Keystone XL pipeline, drill in ANWR, build the TransAmerica Energy pipeline and another one from Alaska to Canada and exploit oil resourcesin the North Pole through the use of underwater tankers. That way, we will get energy independence through energy revolution that will make us the world energy superpower, bring massive job creation, boost our automotive industry and give us the necessary revenues to develop renewable energies to create jobs. That's how we'll grow our economy while preserving the environment. Free trade with Latin America will reinforce our relations with this region's nations, ensure economic growth through free market, reduced tariffs  and lower costs of trading. I believe it will make a contribution to Cuba's democratization through free market promotion just as it did for Indonesia two decades ago. Free trade with Latin America will help our Hispanic business owners to innovate, to grow and expand their businesses and to create jobs by becoming top importers, exporters, translators and executives managing such commercial and cultural exchanges thanks to their fluency in Spanish. Along with the Trans-Pacific Partnsership, It will also help us to keep our status as the first economic power in the world since Latin America's economy is as powerful as China's, which will keep our trade power stronger than China's. By cutting taxes for all the American people and for business owners, by reducing the cost of doing business in America and by developping infratructure through a part of future budget surplus, America will remain the best place in the world to open a business, which will reinforce the American people's purchasing power, increase wages, reduce the deficit, reinforce production and consumption, create jobs, and bring creative innovation.

Hillary Clinton wants to close Guantanamo that is located  in Cuba, not away from here in Florida, which will decrease our national security. We can't afford to risk allowing terrorists to escape and to kill more Americans. Too much Americans are murdered since too long by coward terrorists. When I'm president, our security measures will be increased, our defense budget will be increased, our military will be reinforced and modernized, our alliances will be consolidated and expanded. Terrorism will be defeated thanks to strong military coalitions, strong military force and effective intelligence operations. Diplomatic and economic sanctions as well as the my co-sponsored Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act will make sure that Iran will never ever get any nuclear weapons, that it will instead use its nuclear energy for its economic growth and that Israel as well as all the Middle East will remain stable, safe and free.

My friends, tonight, we are close to the finish line because we have less than 100 delegates to win for the nomination. Let's keep it up and we will win the Republican nomination next week and start the campaign for America's future.

Thank you. Que Dios los bendiga a todos y Que Dios Bendiga los Estados Unidos de America.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #482 on: November 01, 2016, 06:21:07 PM »

Ashe/Monds 2020
Taking America Back

Schedule for 12 April-18 April

12 April
-Fly to Georgia
-Rally in Atlanta, Georgia with Former President Jimmy Carter and Former Vice President Walter Mondale. Mondale struck a left wing tone in his speech, declaring that Clinton was no liberal, calling her a centre-right corporatist and describing his liberal roots, naming them the reason he endorses Ashe. Carter followed soon after

You must be logged in to read this quote.
-Meet with advisors and surrogates in Atlanta, Georgia. Ashe and his campaign refused to comment on the nature, but that an announcement would come at the end of the week.

13 April
-Fly to Maine
-Appear at events for Baldacci's Senate campaign

14 April
-Fly to Hawaii
-Rally in Honolulu with Tulsi Gabbard
-Visit Pearl Harbor military base
-Town Hall in Hilo, Hawaii
-Visit College voters at the University of Hawaii. Ashe was able to recruit several youth groups of volunteers.

15 April
-Fly to Florida
-Rally in Tampa, Florida
-Town Hall in Miami, Florida
-Rally in Palm Beach, FL
-Organise Florida volunteers

16 April
-Fly to New Mexico
-Meet with campaign advisors and surrogates in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Ashe again refused to comment on the meetings  nature
-Rally in Sata Fe, New Mexico with Gary Johnson
-Organise New Mexico volunteers

17 April
-Fly to California
-Rally  in Sacramento, California
-Rally in San Diego, California
-Visit  military base at Camp Pendleton, California
-Town Hall in San Francisco, California

18 April
-Fly to Vermont
-Rally in Montpelier, Vermont with Gov. Peter Shumlin. Shumlin praised Ashe and Sanders for standing up to the political status quo
-Fly to Colorado
-Rally in Denver, Colorado with former Senator Mark Udall. Udall slammed Clinton lver her reliance on Wall Street.
-Fly to New Mexico for announcement. (To be included in next post)

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #483 on: November 01, 2016, 07:12:31 PM »

Progressive Liberty Party launched in New Mexico

Today, Tim Ashe formally launched the Progressive Liberty Party. Ashe describes the party as a union of progressive and libertarian voters and candidates, and has stated his immense pride in the new party.

Gary Johnson is the first Progressive Liberty politician to ammounce his candidacy, running in the US Senate election in New Mexico this year, challenging two term incumbent Tom Udall.

Johnson announced his candidacy in Santa Fe today, determined to show that the PLP is a viable third party, while invoking the legacy of recently deceased Senator Angus King, and the progressive-liberterian alliance he hoped to forge this year.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #484 on: November 03, 2016, 05:53:30 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2016, 08:35:39 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio for President 2020 Right here Right now, Part 3

April 15, 2020
-Breakfast with the voters at the Four Seasons Hotel and Tower in Miami, Florida
-Fundraising event at the Four Seasons Hotel and Tower in Miami, FL
-Flight to Washington D.C.   
-Debate preparation on the plane
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.
-Flight to Charlotte, North Carolina
-Energy policy speech at Duke Energy headquarters in Charlotte, NC
-Rally at Spectrum Center in Charlotte, NC
-Meet with college voters at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, NC
-Speech at the Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC
-Speech at the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture in Charlotte, NC
-Size of government speech in Charlotte, NC
-Fundraising event at Weatherspoon Art Museum in Greensboro, NC
-Rally at World War Memorial Stadium in Greensboro, NC
-Economic policy speech at Friendly Center in Greensboro, NC
-Economic policy speech at Cree Inc. headquarters in Durham, NC
-Meet with college voters at Duke University in Durham, NC. Rubio succeeded to recruit several youth groups of volunteers.
-Speech at Cameron Indoor Stadium in Durham, NC
-Dinner with voters at Burger and Bull City Brewery, in Durham, NC
-Civil Rights policy speech at the Carolina Theatre in Durham, NC
-Tax policy speech in Durham, NC

April 16, 2020   
-Bus trip to Raleigh, NC
-Debate preparation on the bus
-Economic policy speech at Red Hat headquarters in Raleigh, NC
-Energy policy speech at Progress Energy headquarters in Raleigh, NC
-Rally at PNC Arena in Raleigh, NC
-Veterans policy speech at the Memorial Bell Tower in Raleigh, NC
-Foreign policy speech at J.S. Dorton Arena in Raleigh, NC
-Supper with the voters at Solas Restaurant in Raleigh, NC
-Flight to Portland, Maine
-Build campaign infrastructure in Maine
-Economic policy speech at the Port of Portland in Portland, ME
-Energy policy speech at Portland Pipeline marine terminal in Portland, ME
-Rally at Cross Insurance Arena in Portland, ME
-Fundraising event at Hadlock Field in Portland, ME
-Meet with college voters at the University of New England in Portland, ME
-Social policy speech at Holy Cross Church in South Portland, ME
-Paul LePage stumps for Marco Rubio in South Portland and praises Rubio's economic agenda

April 17, 2020
-Speech at the Franco Center in Lewiston, ME
-Barnstorm in Lewiston, ME
-Barnstorm in Auburn, ME
-Appear at events at events for Peter Cianchette's Senate campaign

Marco Rubio is going to be our nominee and then our next president. As the next Maine Senator, I will reverse Angus King's liberal big government policies and I'm ready to work with President Marco Rubio. I will approve President Rubio's bills for the sake of economic prosperity and national security because I know that thanks to his experience in the U.S. Senate Committees on Foreign Relations and in the Select Committee of Intelligence Marco is the only one in this race who will be able to keep our country safe and to reinforce our relations with our allies. I know this as a former U.S. Ambassador to Costa Rica. Thanks to his membership in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and because of his understanding of the American Dream, he's the only one in this race who will be able to restore the American Dream, grow our economy and to make our fellow Americans' lives better by cutting taxes and big government, promoting energy independence, promoting free trade, reforming our education system and our immigration system, balancing the budget, developing our infrastructures through some budget surpluses, balancing our budget, championing businesses and reducing our national deficit that is already standing at over 20 trillion $. I know this as a businessman. Marco Rubio's candidacy will demonstrate that the Republican Party is a diverse party that is not only the party of white men but also the party of all the American people whether they are white, black, Hispanic, Asian-American, men, women, etc. Let's make Senator Marco Rubio the Republican nominee. Let's make Marco Rubio the next president of the United States of America. Thank you all.

-Barnstorm in Brunswick, ME
-Foreign policy speech at the University of Maine at Augusta, ME
-Barnstorm in Augusta, ME
-Agriculture policy speech at Hannaford headquarters in Scarborough, ME
-Barnstorm in Westbrook, ME
-Barnstorm in Saco, ME
-George H. W. Bush stumps for Marco Rubio in Saco, ME, where he praises the Florida Senator
-Flight to Chicago, Illinois
-Dinner with voters at the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, IL
-Fundraising event at the Chicago Theatre in Chicago, IL
-Counterterrorism policy speech before the Willis Tower in Chicago, IL
-Foreign policy speech at the University of Chicago in Chicago, IL :

Two months ago, we suffered the worst terrorist attack on the U.S. soil since 9/11. But the Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act reinforced our defense ties with our allies in the Middle East and in the Indian Subcontinent in order to lead a more effective fight against terrorism. We need to reinforce our military, deploy all the necessary forces to destroy terrorism, consolidate our alliances and secure strategic zones in the world. With a stronger U.S. military arsenal, terrorists can't win and can't escape from us. By deploying troops and military arsenal in Syria, we and our allies will surround ISIS' territory in Syria and Iraq. These terrorists will be attacked from all the sides, which will undermine their organization. That way, we will free all the territory occupied by ISIS and we will find Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and bring him to justice whether it's by capturing him or killing him. Then, we will make sure that Syria will recover from suffering due to Assad's tyranny and that this country will be rebuilt in order to make it certain that terrorism will never re-emerge in this region. That's how we will win the War on Terror and I promise you that we will win this war once and for all for the sake of international security and peace.
Thank you. God bless America.

-Rally at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago, IL
-Trade policy speech at the Port of Chicago in Chicago, IL
-Economic policy speech at the Chicago Board of Trade Building in Chicago, IL
-Rally at the Chicago Theatre in Chicago, IL, with Iowa Senator Joni Ernst :

A few months ago, Marco Rubio and I were opponents. But for the sake of America's security, prosperity and unity, I understood that we need to keep our majority in the Senate so I decided to run for re-election in the Senate. Now, Marco will clearly win the nomination and that's why I endorse him. I also endorse him because he's the best candidate to beat Hillary Clinton and because he's the most qualified to ensure international security by making our alliances stronger, reinforcing our military, fighting and defeating radical Islamic terrorism, making sure that Iran won't get nuclear weapons and stopping Russia's and China's imperialist policies. He demonstrated compassion for American military veterans like me by successfully introducing a bill that would make irresponsible bureaucrats accountable of not taking care enough of our veterans. These veterans deserve a bright post-military service life just like all the American people deserves better than Hillary Clinton's record of deception, depression, insecurity, corruption and division.

Vote Rubio on next Tuesday and he will, as President of the United States, make our country more prosperous, safe and united than ever before.

Thank you all. God bless America.

-Supper with voters at Uno Chicago Grill in Chicago, IL
-Speech at the National Hellenic Museum in Chicago, IL
-Rest and debate preparation

April 18, 2020
-Build campaign infrastructure in Illinois
-Energy policy speech at Integrys Energy Group headquarters in Chicago, IL
-Florida Senator Marco Rubio barnstorms in Chicago, IL, to woo ethnic minority voters, especially Hispanic voters, African-American voters and Asian-American voters
-Rally at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL, alongside Governor Bruce Rauner :
-Fundraising event at Penn National Gaming facility in Aurora, IL
-Speech at the Paramount Theatre in Aurora, IL
-Rally at Peoria Civic Center in Peoria, IL
-Agriculture policy speech before the National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research in Peoria, IL
-Economic policy speech at Caterpillar headquarters in Peoria, IL
-Meet with college voters at Bradley University in Peoria, IL, where Senator Rubio managed to recruit several young volunteers
-Speech at the Coronado Theatre in Rockford, IL
-Barnstorm in Rockford, IL
-Bus trip to Springfield, IL
-Debate preparation on the bus
-Speech at the Lincoln Tomb in Springfield, IL, where Marco Rubio praises Abraham Lincoln's heritage and gives an effort to woo African-American voters
-Infrastructure policy speech in Springfield, IL
-American Dream policy speech at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield, IL
-Flight to New York City, New York
R/H
« Reply #485 on: November 03, 2016, 10:19:32 PM »

Round 30 : April 19, 2020-April 25, 2020
R/H
« Reply #486 on: November 03, 2016, 10:56:26 PM »

New polls

As he gets closer to the Republican presidential nomination after great results in the Mini Super Tuesday, Marco Rubio sounds likely to clinch the nomination this week. Among the Republican presidential candidates, he makes the strongest performance on Election Day according to the polls. Paul Ryan is about to announce his withdrawal from the race and his endorsement to Senator Rubio. Tim Ashe made progress on Election Day polls after the creation of the Progressive Liberty Party. It also explains Ron Paul's struggles to top Hillary Clinton in the polls because of Ashe's attempt to build a progressive-libertarian coalition, which cuts a part of Paul's support among libertarians.

National Polls

Marco Rubio : 61 %
Paul Ryan : 31 %
Ron Paul : 7 %

Illinois Polls

Marco Rubio : 51 %
Paul Ryan : 38 %

Ohio Polls

Marco Rubio : 51 %
Paul Ryan : 35 %
Ron Paul : 11 %

Maine Polls

Paul Ryan : 32 %

North Carolina Polls

Marco Rubio : 39 %
Paul Ryan : 32 %

New York Polls

Paul Ryan : 30 %

Washington D.C. Polls

Marco Rubio : 64 %
Ron Paul : 5 %

New Jersey Polls

Paul Ryan : 29 %

Maryland Polls

Marco Rubio : 60 %
Paul Ryan : 28 %

Pennsylvania Polls

Marco Rubio : 60 %

General Election Polls

Hillary Clinton vs Marco Rubio vs Tim Ashe

Hillary Clinton : 36 %
Tim Ashe : 17 %

Hillary Clinton vs Paul Ryan vs Tim Ashe

Paul Ryan : 41 %
Hillary Clinton : 40 %
Tim Ashe: 19 %

Hillary Clinton vs Ron Paul vs Tim Ashe

Hillary Clinton : 40 %
Ron Paul : 36 %
Tim Ashe : 20 %
R/H
« Reply #487 on: November 03, 2016, 11:48:28 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2016, 07:15:29 AM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

Paul Ryan drops out of the race and endorses Marco Rubio

After disappointing results on Mini Super Tuesday on April 14, Paul Ryan announced that he drops out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. The Speaker of the House had been Marco Rubio’s top challenger but despite winning his home state of Wisconsin and Kansas on Mini Super Tuesday, he lost six of the eight voting states (Florida, West Virginia, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota and South Dakota) to the Florida Senator and has only 304 delegates. So it became mathematically impossible for Ryan to win the nomination on the first ballot at the Republican National Convention since the remaining 872 delegates could not give him the magic number of 1219 delegates, which, according to Ryan, would only bring division in the GOP and decrease its chances of beating Hillary Clinton. At 1141 delegates and leading largely in the states holding a primary or a caucus on March 21 (Illinois, Ohio, North Carolina and Maine), Marco Rubio is likely to win enough delegates to clinch the nomination. So Ryan did the math and decided to drop out of race and to endorse Marco Rubio to bring party unity and to ensure a Republican victory on November for the « sake of America’s future », which makes Rubio assured of winning the Republican nomination. In the end, Paul Ryan won 6 states and 304 delegates.

Here is Ryan’s withdrawal announcement speech at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on April 14 :

Thank you.

I'm proud of the campaign we led. I want to thank all the Americans that endorsed me. But without great results tonight it's useless to continue our campaign, which would only bring deeper divide to our party, while Marco Rubio is close from winning the Republican nomination for President of the United States. Time has come for party unity in order to grow it and to start our campaign for victory in November against Hillary Clinton, to take America back on track through free market policies and through international security due to stronger alliances and a stronger American military. For this reason, in order to give America a bright future, I decided to drop out of the race and to endorse Senator Marco Rubio to be the next President of the United States of America.

Marco Rubio has the best foreign policy background and judgement to defeat our enemies around the world and keep us safe. He will do so by modernizing and reinforcing our military, fighting and destroying terrorism. When I was Mitt Romney's running mate in 2012, Mitt warned the American people about Russia's dishonest policies such as supporting militarily and materially the Assad regime for economic interests and violating Eastern Europe's territorial integrity. But Barack Obama mocked it and Hillary Clinton is making things worse. But we have a chance to correct this mistake and Marco Rubio will correct this mistake by toppling the Assad regime and ensure Syria's reconstruction and democratization. By reinforcing our military presence on the Black Sea, providing weapons and military training to Ukrainian troops, Marco Rubio will help Ukraine to defeat the pro-Russian insurgency, force give Crimea back to Ukraine and to give Ukraine back to the Ukrainian people, thus ensuring peace, stability and integrity.
As President of the United States, Marco Rubio will use his experience as member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship to grow our economy through smaller government, lower taxes for all the American people, business championing, free trade, energy independence, education system, balanced budget and lower national deficit.

Marco Rubio will be our nominee. I will help him to defeat Hillary Clinton and, as Speaker of the House of Representatives, I'm ready to work with President Marco Rubio by passing his bills that will create jobs, bring economic prosperity, fight and defeat terrorism and ensure international security, make our health system fairer and bring all the American people together in a brighter future that we need right here right now for a new American Century.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless the United States of America.

The Senate approves the SAVE Act

The United States Senate approved the SAVE Act sponsored by Republican Florida Senator and presidential candidate Marco Rubio. This bill would, in reaction to Detroit's decline and to national rising unemployment rate, provide tax credits for businesses investing in ethanol in order to help automobile companies to manufacture cars functioning through ethanol and to boost job creation.

The PLP is already developping its down ballot campaigns

Just a week after its creation, the Progressive Liberty Party is preparing its down ballot campaigns for 2020 and the 2022 midterms. Gary Johnson is standing in the Senate race in New Mexico. Having moved back to his birth state of Illinois Wesley Clark is challenging incumbent Dick Durbin in the Illinois Senate race. Tulsi Gabbard will be running for Governor of Hawaii on a PLP ticket in 2022. Jesse Ventura will be running for a second term as Governor of Minnesota on a PLP ticket in 2022. Bill Gates will be running for the Senate in 2022, challenging incumbent Patty Murray. Martin O'Malley will run on a PLP Senate ticket in 2022 in his state of Maryland. Should the Ashe/Monds ticket lose the election, Monds will be running for Governor of Georgia as a PLP candidate in 2022.

The Syrian rebels repelled the Syrian Army's assault on Aleppo

Deprived of military material provision from Russia due to the Syria Arms Nonproliferation Act, the Syrian army lost the battle of Aleppo, a battle that lasted eight years, making it one of the longest battles the world has ever known. The Syrian rebellion managed to repel the Assad forces' assault on Aleppo, the second largest city in Syria, which increases the morale among rebels and the resurrection of Syria's democratization in this time of war against terrorism.

Endorsements Sad

Marco Rubio : Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House, 2012 GOP vice-presidential nominee and 2020 presidential candidate; former Maine Paul LePage, former Massachusetts Governor and 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney; Wisconsin Governor and 2016 presidential candidate Scott Walker; Ohio Senator and presidential candidate in 2016 and 2020 John Kasich; Ohio Senator Rob Portman; RNC chairman Reince Priebus; former Speaker of the House and 2012 presidential candidate; former Hewlett-Packard CEO and 2016 presidential candidate Carly Fiorina; Actor Jon Voight

Tim Ashe : Actor Mark Ruffalo, Actress Shailene Woodley, United Kingdom Leader of the Opposition Party Jeremy Corbyn, Australian Prime Minister Bill Shorten, Professor Lawrence Lessig, Vermont Progressive Party, Mayor Miro Weinberger of Vermont, Actor Viggo Mortensen
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #488 on: November 04, 2016, 06:11:20 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2016, 07:13:39 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's speech in reaction to Paul Ryan's withdrawal from the race

Yesterday night, Paul Ryan dropped out of the race. I congratulate him for the campaign he led for conservative cause and for America's cause. He's a terrific leader and he demonstrated it as Speaker of the House and as a budget wonk. And believe me, if Mitt Romney won the 2012 election, Mitt would have been a great president and Paul Ryan would have been a great vice-president. I'm proud to see our party united and it's through unity that we will defeat Hillary Clinton and get America back on track. I'm ready to work with Speaker Ryan as President of the United States. Together, we will pass laws that will create jobs, cut taxes and regulations to reinforce the American people's purchasing power, reduce government spending, get us energy independence, promote free trade, reform our education system, champion businesses and balance the budget. This path to prosperity demonstrates how prosperity works.

We will also pass laws that will reinforce our partnerships with our allies, reinforce our military and help us defeating international terrorism and restoring international territorial integrity. That's how international security and peace work.

Thank you. God bless Paul Ryan and God bless America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #489 on: November 04, 2016, 12:15:41 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2016, 12:42:48 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio for President 2020 Right here Right now, Part 1
Schedule for the week of April 19, 2020-April 25, 2020

April 19, 2020
-Breakfast with voters at the Plaza Hotel in New York City, New York
-Debate preparation
-Free trade policy speech at the Port of New York and New Jersey
-Fundraising event at Madison Square Garden in New York City, NY
-Economic Policy speech in New York City, NY, in which Rubio describes the Big Apple as a great symbol of free market and of America's economic superpower

-Speech about freedom before the Statue of Liberty in New York City, NY
-Counter-terrorism policy speech at the One World Trade Center in New York City, NY, alongside Rudy Giuliani
-Foreign policy speech before the headquarters of the United Nations in New York City, NY
-Dinner with voters at Joe’s Shanghai in New York City, NY
-Meet with voters at Columbia University in New York City, NY
-Speech at One Astor Plaza in New York City, NY
-Debate preparation for all the afternoon
-Marco Rubio debates with Ron Paul at Apollo Theater in New York City, NY

April 20-25 will come after the debate

Surrogate schedule

April 19, 2020
-Michael Bloomberg gives an economic policy speech at Rockefeller Center in New York City, NY, where he praises Marco Rubio's economic plan
-Rob Portman meets with college voters for Marco Rubio at the University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, Ohio
-Rob Portman gives a free trade policy speech at the Port of Cleveland, OH, and praises Rubio's position in favor of free trade
-John Kasich gives a foreign policy speech for Marco Rubio at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH
-Bruce Renner campaigns for Marco Rubio in Chicago, Illinois
R/H
« Reply #490 on: November 05, 2016, 08:48:14 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2016, 10:38:00 PM by R/H »

Twelfth Republican primary presidential debate at the Apollo Theater in New York City, New York

Date : April 19th, 2020

Participants : Florida Senator Marco Rubio and former Texas Congressman Ron Paul

Host : NBC News

Moderator : Brian Williams

Podium order was determined by the average of the national polls since Mini Super Tuesday :

Paul      Rubio

NBC News Election theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQIAzjDaZWI

Questions

-Opening statements

-Senator Rubio, you now have only 78 delegates left to win to clinch the Republican presidential nomination. I want to hear from both of you : why will your nomination ensure realignment among the Republican Party?

-Recently, Tim Ashe created the Progressive Liberty Party, a party that seems to be becoming a viable third party. What do you think will be the effects of this launch?

-Senator Rubio, you are endorsed by Ted Cruz who, four years ago, was criticizing Donald Trump for embracing « New York values »? According to you, what are the New York values?

-In the last 27 years, New York City suffered 7 terrorist attacks or attempted terrorist attacks, including, of course, the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 and 9/11, just like we were attacked by ISIS in Chicago two months ago. So I want to hear from both of you : what is your plan to fight terrorism and to make sure that New York and all the United States of America will never get attacked by terrorists on the American soil?

-Senator Rubio, recently the Syrian rebellion managed to repel the Syrian army's assault on Aleppo. Do you think it's partly due to your co-sponsored Syria Arms Nonproliferation Act?

-In the last few years, Vladimir Putin's authority is contested in Russia and around the world. What do you think would be the conditions that would ensure political change in Russia, bring integrity in Russia's political landscape and in Moscow's foreign policy and restore freedom of press in Russia as well as territorial integrity in Eastern Europe?

-How do you plan to deter North Korea from supporting terrorism and to fight djihadism on the Pacific?

-Hillary Clinton who was Secretary of State during Barack Obama's first term is considered as a major architect of Obama's foreign policy. Despite Muhammar Gaddafi's fall, the 2011 military intervention in Libya is considered as a failure due to the terrorist attacks since 2011. What would you have done to restore permanent democracy and security in the post-Gadaffi's Libya if you were President of the United States at the time?

-This morning, the SAVE Act, sponsored by Senator Rubio, passed the Congress and is signed into law. How this bill make a contribution to economic growth and to U.S. automobile industry's relaunch?

-Senator Rubio, you claimed, this morning, that New York City is a great symbol of free market and of America's economic power. What did you mean by that and what is your plan to preserve this reputation typical to America?

-How do you plan to help America progressing in the digital economy?

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #491 on: November 05, 2016, 12:32:41 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2017, 08:00:18 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's debate answers, Part 1

-Opening statements

Thank you Brian. This election matters now more than ever in this time of economic downturn, growing terrorist threat and national division. Time has come for us to join our forces to face our challenges effectively that's why our country is named the United States of America. Despite our differences between conservatives, independents, liberals and libertarians, it's only through unity that America will successfully face its economic challenges, defeat its enemies and restore freedom and the American Dream. Paul Ryan understood it and decided it was time to withdraw from the race and to endorse me in order to help our party to win in November. United we stand. Divided we fall.

Reinforcing oil drilling and energy independence will help us getting the revenues for the development of renewable energies and promoting peace through strength by securing strategic points such as the Pacific Ocean or the Black Sea will reduce any risk of needing to use military force to attack North Korea or Iran. That's an American agenda that will bring the American people together and make the United States a much more united country than ever before.

-Senator Rubio, you now have only 78 delegates left to win to clinch the Republican presidential nomination. I want to hear from both of you : why will your nomination ensure realignment among the Republican Party?

If I'm the nominee, we will be a more diverse party than ever before by opening our doors to ethnic minorities. I know what it takes to restore the American Dream because I lived it as a son of immigrants who were living paycheck to paycheck but who successfully adapted into a fair society like America thanks to the hardworking of a bartender and a housekeeper. We will secure our borders, reform our immigration system and give immigrants a path to citizenship.

If we promote school choice, it will give positive results for lower-income Americans : lower education costs for families, including immigrant and minority families living paycheck to paycheck (like my family during my childhood), production of higher outcomes, in contrast to public education. It will help parents to guide their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and grant them better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—notably minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to high-income families, thus giving them a fair chance of succeeding, entering the workforce and prospering thanks to a better education, thus helping them to earn better lives. Free trade with Latin America will help our Hispanic business owners to innovate, to grow and expand their businesses and to create jobs by becoming top importers, exporters, translators and executives managing such commercial and cultural exchanges thanks to their fluency in Spanish. That's how my nomination will help our party increasing its supports among Hispanics and young people.

Promoting the development of renewable energies through multiplying oil drilling and getting energy independence will help us getting new Independent and liberal voters because all this procedure will create jobs without hurting the environment.

That's why Independent or Democratic politicians like Joe Lieberman, Heidi Heitkamp, Brian Schweitzer, Jim Webb, etc., are endorsing me over Hillary Clinton. That's how we're going to grow and diversify our party and that's how we're going to defeat Hillary Clinton on November.

-Congressman?

[Ron Paul's answer]

-Recently, Tim Ashe created the Progressive Liberty Party, a party that seems to be becoming a viable third party. What do you think will be the effects of this launch?

I believe that a more diversified political landscape will be beneficial for our republic and our democracy and democracy has always been, still is and will always be a precious value that we're fighting for here and around the world for the sake of freedom, gender equality, security and liberty of press and opinion. That's why we fight terrorism. And here, in New York City, we are proud to have a great symbol of liberty : the Statue of Liberty that France gave us 100 years after the Declaration of Independence during a war when we defeated the most powerful empire and army of the world thanks to France's military help, thus getting us our national independence and freedom.

In addition of dividing the liberal vote and ensuring our victory in November, the Progressive Liberty Party's creation demonstrates that only the Republican Party represents the path to prosperity and restoration of the American Dream for all the American people, whether they are conservatives, independents, liberals, progressives or libertarians. We need to put the government aside in order to give the American people the right and freedom to prosper, to find a good-paying job and to found families which children will have the privilege to earn a better education and a bright future. If I'm President of the United States, in addition of reducing government spending, we will cut taxes for all the American people, including the middle class and poor people. By increasing oil drilling and production, we will ensure massive job creation and get the necessary revenues to develop renewable energies to create jobs while protecting the environment. It will also make a contribution in our fight against terrorism because it will make sure that we will stop unwillingly finance terrorist groups by importing oil from countries in throes of terrorism and this money won't fall into the wrong hands. Job creation will increase wages, thus reducing poverty and helping us reducing our deficit. Budget balance will help us developing our infrastructures thanks to a part of budget surpluses, which will help our future business owners to open, grow and expand new businesses, to produce, to innovate and to create jobs.

That's how we will bring all the American people, including independents, liberals and progressives around our agenda while promoting conservative policies.

-Congressman Paul, what do you think of the creation of the Progressive Liberty Party?

[Ron Paul's response]

-Senator Rubio, you are endorsed by Ted Cruz who, four years ago, was criticizing Donald Trump for embracing « New York values »? According to you, what are the New York values?

Well first of all, while I agree with Ted on many social issues, we don't always agree on everything, which is natural and normal. That's why I condemned his remarks on the New York values at the time and now I'm proud to have Ted's endorsement in order to bring our party and all the American people together to beat Hillary Clinton.

I believe the New York values are the values shared by all the American people, from the North East, from the South, from the Midwest and from the West. The New York values are opportunity, freedom, free enterprise, search of happiness, inclusiveness, security, integrity and justice. These are not only New York values. These are American values and I will defend them as President of the United States of America.

-Congressman Paul, what are the New York values according to you?

[Ron Paul's answer]

-In the last 27 years, New York City suffered 7 terrorist attacks or attempted terrorist attacks, including, of course, the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 and 9/11, just like we were attacked by ISIS in Chicago two months ago. So I want to hear from both of you : what is your plan to fight terrorism and to make sure that New York and all the United States of America will never get attacked by terrorists on the American soil?

Another 9/11 is absolutely the last thing New York City needs just like it's absolutely the last thing America needs and as it's the last thing the whole world needs. It's wrong to blame our national security system for threatening freedom and the right of privacy. The true threat to liberty is international terrorism and thanks to a reinforced homeland security, we will prevent further terrorist attacks from happening in our country and save American lives.

[Applause from the audience]

We first have to reinforce our security measures, to reinforce and modernize our military, to consolidate and expand our alliances and defense partnerships and to use all the military arsenal to defeat terrorism. By sending troops in Syria, ISIS fighters in Syria and Iraq will be surrounded and get attacked from all sides. That way, they will have no choice, in order to defend their positions, to divide their forces, which will make their defenses weaker. That way, they can't escape and they will have to surrender or die. It will help us finding and killing or capturing Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, which will further weaken ISIS, help us destroying this terrorist group once and for all and ensuring permanent security, stability, freedom and prosperity.

-Congressman Paul, your turn to answer the question.

[Ron Paul's answer]

-Senator Rubio, recently the Syrian rebellion managed to repel the Syrian army's assault on Aleppo. Do you think it's partly due to your co-sponsored Syria Arms Nonproliferation Act?

Of course it is. By providing weapons to the Assad regime, thus allowing it to launch further attacks against the Syrian rebellion, Russia is only complicating our fight against terrorism. But the Syria Nonproliferation Act reversed this situation by deterring any foreign arms transfers to the Assad regime and increasing diplomatic and economic sanctions against any nation providing Assad in weapons, which, in addition of making our antiterrorist crusade easier, weaken the Assad regime forces against the rebels, thus clearing a path for Syria to freedom, democracy, stability and peace. And it's also through trust to a more integrate and democratic government that the fight against terrorism will be successful.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #492 on: November 05, 2016, 12:35:28 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2016, 01:56:37 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's debate answers, Part 2

-In the last few years, Vladimir Putin's authority is contested in Russia and around the world. What do you think would be the conditions that would ensure political change in Russia, bring integrity in Russia's political landscape and in Moscow's foreign policy and restore freedom of press in Russia as well as territorial integrity in Eastern Europe?

The main condition for such a procedure is action. Russia is violating Ukraine's territorial integrity. By increasing diplomatic and economic sanctions against Russia, Vladimir Putin will be forced to step back. We need to stand with our allies. By reinforcing our military presence on the Black Sea, providing military material, military training and intelligence support to the Ukrainian army, Ukraine will manage to counter Russia's military power thanks to American weapons from the United States, the strongest military power on Earth. The Ukrainian army will be able to defeat the pro-Russian insurgency, free eastern Ukraine as well as Crimea and give Ukraine back to the Ukrainian people. That way, Ukraine will retake control of its natural resources, which will deprive Russia of Ukrainian gas since Ukraine seeks to establish permanent economic partnership with the European Union. By toppling the Assad regime and defeating ISIS, we're going to make sure that the Syrian people takes its country back and will elect a government that will govern under the Syrian people's willing and interests. As a result, Russia will lose its economic interests in Syria. We also need to increase our engagement in the race for the Arctic to exploit the local oil and gas resources before the Russians, which will create jobs in America, not in Russia. So I hope that such a procedure as well as a rising Russian inflation due to international sanctions will encourage the Russian people to turn the page on Putin years and to end Putin's tyranny and to elect a new government more integrate that will respect the freedom of press as well as territorial integrity, especially in Eastern Europe.

-Congressman?

[Ron Paul's answer]

-How do you plan to deter North Korea from supporting terrorism and to fight djihadism on the Pacific?

We have to put North Korea back on the list of nations supporting terrorism, to reinforce our military presence on the Pacific, to create the Pacific Organization Treaty (PTO), an intergovernmental military alliance that would include us and our allies around the Pacific to stop North Korea and China from pursuing their arms race and their military agression against our local allies, the Pacific Ocean will remain pacific. That way, we will help our allies in the Pacific to fight local terrorism more effectively because these terrorists will be isolated and on their own without any help. Thanks to our help and to American airstrikes from aircraft carriers that will force terrorists to get out of their hideouts, our allies on the Pacific will lead successful operations against terrorism and restore peace and stability.

-Hillary Clinton who was Secretary of State during Barack Obama's first term is considered as a major architect of Obama's foreign policy. Despite Muhammar Gaddafi's fall, the 2011 military intervention in Libya is considered as a failure due to the terrorist attacks since 2011. What would you have done to restore permanent democracy and security in the post-Gadaffi's Libya if you were President of the United States at the time?

If I were commander-in-chief at the time, I would have kept a few troops in Libya in order to train the new Libyan army and make it fully able to defend this country, ensure its security and make sure terrorism won't surge. We also should have ensured Libya's reconstruction, which would have helped this country to rebuild its economy and to reinforce democratic institutions. That's exactly what we did in Afghanistan and Iraq after toppling the Taliban and Saddam Hussein and as a result, these countries' new armies are demonstrating a decent ability of fighting jihadism. But we didn't do so in Libya and because of Hillary Clinton's lack of judgement, the situation in Libya got worse, 4 of our ambassadors are killed by terrorists on September 11 2012 and the Mediterranean Sea is becoming a terrorist lake. We can't allow this. So if I'm President, we will do in Libya what we did in Afghanistan and Iraq to reinforce security, stability and freedom in North Africa, a region that will never be a springboard to terrorists again to orchestrate terrorist attacks in Europe like they did in Rome last October.

-This morning, the SAVE Act, sponsored by Senator Rubio, passed the Congress and is signed into law. How this bill make a contribution to economic growth and to U.S. automobile industry's relaunch?

We need to use all of our sources of energies, whether it's oil, gas, coal, nuclear, solar, wind or ethanol fuel. By giving tax credits to companies investing in ethanol fuel, we will ensure job creation as well as a boost for our automobile industry. So it will also save Detroit and its neighbors such as Chicago, Cleveland, Milwaukee and Minneapolis from further bankruptcies.

We also need to relaunch oil production by doubling permits on federal lands, approve the Keystone XL pipeline, drill in ANWR, build the TransAmerica Energy pipeline and another one from Alaska to Canada and exploit oil resources in the North Pole through the use of underwater tankers. That way, we will get energy independence through energy revolution that will make us the world energy superpower, bring massive job creation, boost our automotive industry by encouraging the automobile manufacturing, lowering the cost of buying American cars through a stronger purchasing power and encouraging the implementation of new automobile companies here in the United States. Reduced costs of buying American cars will give us the upper hand in the TPP and make us competitive in such a dynamic region like Asia-Pacific, because our cars will be less expensive than Asian cars, which will encourage international consumers to buy more American cars, thus bringing massive job creation in America.

That's why, almost two and a half centuries after the Declaration of Independence, my energy plan will be a synonym of Declaration of Energy Independence for the sake of America's economic prosperity.

-Congressman Paul?

[Ron Paul's answer]   

-Senator Rubio, you claimed that New York City is a great symbol of free market and of America's economic power. What did you mean by that and what is your plan to preserve this reputation typical to America?

Well you know New York represents our economic superpower since it hosts Wall Street, Silicon Alley and Times Square. In addition, the World Trade Center, just like the previous one, is also a symbol of our economic power. So what we have to do to make sure that America keeps its status as the world economic superpower is to cut taxes for our consumers and our business owners, which will encourage consumption, innovation, production and job creation.

Small businesses are struggling and reversing this situation means evening out the tax code for small businesses by lowering their tax rate to 25 %, just like we need to do for all businesses, no matter their size. We got to put in place a budget that limits big government taxes and regulations in our economy. We have to repeal and replace the unconstitutional Affordable Care Act and to improve higher education for people to in order to give them the necessary skills for the 21st century jobs. That's how we'll restore America's business-friendly environment for to make this economy growing again.

We also have to promote energy independence as well as free trade in order to reduce tariffs and the cost of trading. We also have to reduce the cost of doing business in America, thus encouraging future business owners to open their business in America and making sure that future jobs in these businesses will be created here in America. That's how America will keep his status as strongest economy in the world.

-Congressman Paul?

[Ron Paul's response]

The economy we live in today is dramatically different from the one we had ten years ago. It’s an economy that now has placed us in global competition with dozens of other countries around the world.

The 21st century's economy is based on knowledge and innovation. That's why it's important to follow this path. It requires banning Internet taxes and new cell phone taxes. Internet tax ban saved consumers hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars over the last 20 years. So we need to lead policy of free-market Internet. Developing our digital economy requires supporting infrastructure (hardware, software, telecoms, networks, etc.), e-business (how business is conducted, any process that an organization conducts over computer-mediated networks) and e-commerce (transfer of goods, when a book is sold online, for example). It's also crucial to encourage the implementation of data centers and innovation centers specialized in information technology. Since the Information Technology Agreement of 1997 abolished all taxes and tariffs on information technology products to zero, we will keep promoting this kind of leadership under my administration in order to encourage innovation, job creation and the implementation of start-up companies specialized in the digital economy. No taxes and no tariffs means no government intrusion. It means creation of the jobs of tomorrow through innovation, economic competitiveness and dynamism.

-Congressman?

[Ron Paul's response]
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #493 on: November 05, 2016, 05:57:59 PM »

Ron Paul Debate Answers[/b]

Opening Statement

Good Evening, I am former Congressman Ron Paul from Texas. I am the defender of the Constitution and the champion of liberty. I first got into this race out of great concern for the direction of the Republican Party. The party has gone in the direction of big government, massive spending, and endless wars overseas. I believe Senator Rubio embodies those values unfortunately. But I am glad to stand here tonight to stand up for a foreign policy of peace and diplomacy, a balanced budget, and personal liberty. My goal is to take over the government to leave you alone. But recent trends of our party have embarked on quite the opposite. Senator Rubio supports the unconstitutional spying on innocent americans, he supports the use of torture which is outlawed in the 8th amendment, and he supports the continued intervention and endless wars in the middle east without a declaration and without there being a significant threat to our national security. If you nominate me, I will put an end to it.

Well, as I outlined earlier I believe that our party has lost its way. I think Foreign Policy is a major area that we can offer an alternative. Right now both parties support the endless wars overseas, these wars are unconstitutional, unwinnable, and immoral. So the Republican alternative can be a Foreign Policy that is against war and for a Foreign Policy of peace and diplomacy. This policy will keep us safer as Americans, it will bring us back to fiscal sanity and it will keep a lot more americans alive. I think the party also needs to become the party of small government again. We have supported too many government interventions in the market and the party also supports running peoples social lives so we need to go in the opposite direction. We need to get the government out of the way when it comes to economic affairs and that means lowering taxes across the board, reducing regulations and red tape for small businesses, and it means ending this disastrous Federal Reserve System that is responsible for the wiping out of the middle class. And as President I will do everything in my power to promote economic freedom, personal liberty and a foreign policy of peace.

Well it's difficult to tell as of right now so we’ll see how things shake out. But ultimately I think it creates a great opportunity for our party this is right now splitting the democratic party in half and that really opens the door for us so we better not blow it. But I think this also highlights a deeper feeling that americans have about our political system. The american people are sick and tired of war, one of the founding principles of that party was a foreign policy that is against war and for peace and diplomacy which is great. But this party advocates for policies that cannot be payed for and will rack up our debt so the republican alternative should be free markets and liberty. I also think that if the Republican Party becomes the party that is against war and regime change then the Progressive Liberty Party will soon become history and I think we can accomplish this.

(Senator Rubio's Response)

Yes, the problem of terrorism has a lot to do with foreign policy and it has a lot to do with blowback. The concept of Blowback is that when the United States takes action in the middle east, whether it be bombs or nation building, that there is an unintended consequence that occurs. A prominent example of this is our nation building in Iran for the latter part of the 20th century. In 1953 the United States installed the Shah in Iran; the Shah, which is the name of the ruler, was very unpopular among the Iranian people. So in response to that, the people of Iran invaded our embassy in 1979 and took hostages. This infamous event became known as the Iranian Hostage Crisis, which is directly related to our nation building. Another example of Blowback is the 9-11 attacks on the United States. If you ever read the writings of Bin Laden and the reasons they attacked us, it was abundantly clear it was because we were over there. We built a military base in Saudi Arabia, which that certain faction of Islam believed to be the holy land. In retaliation for our military base and constant bombing of the middle east, they hijacked 2 planes and flew them into the Twin Towers. I would make the case that if we are serious about fighting terrorism we have to look at our foreign policy.

Well the United States should have no role in nation building or dictating what kind of government other nations should have. But the best way we can promote our values is by setting a good example for other nations around the world and be the shining city on the hill as Reagan once said. If here at home we have thriving free markets, respect for civil liberties and the greatest education system in the world it gives the rest of the world something to emulate or follow after. But our biggest weapon to strengthen relations and friendship with the world is free trade. When we trade with other nations it builds trust and
friendship with them, this is the policy we should be doing with Russia, Iran, and Cuba. Instead of dropping bombs and intervening we can build friendship and encourage diplomacy through free trade.

-How do you plan to deter North Korea from supporting terrorism and to fight jihadism on the Pacific?

Well we should understand that Jihad is a philosophy that a radical tenet of Islam adopts. And in North Korea they are not Islamic, they actually have to worship their leader and he claims he is God. So this whole question operates on a false premise that would never happen. But we can encourage good relations with North Korea by being willing to be diplomatic and to trade with them but the wrong way is to provoke them by making of show of force out of south korea or in nearby waters. We need to promote peace and not war.

-Hillary Clinton who was Secretary of State during Barack Obama's first term is considered as a major architect of Obama's foreign policy. Despite Muammar Gaddafi's fall, the 2011 military intervention in Libya is considered as a failure due to the terrorist attacks since 2011. What would you have done to restore permanent democracy and security in the post-Gadaffi's Libya if you were President of the United States at the time?

Well I wouldn’t have intervened in the first place! That was such a bad move, we may have good intentions when it comes to military interventions but there are unintended consequences that come with it. We also operate under the false premise that after we topple the regime there are some democratic angels waiting to take over which is never true and now Libya is in chaos and overrun by radicals so we are now dealing with the consequences of our failed foreign policy. This is also a reason why Hillary Clinton cannot be re elected president and it would be kind of awkward if Senator Rubio and President Clinton found themselves in agreement on this issue. If you nominate me I will champion peace and diplomacy.

Well it won’t so a whole lot in my opinion. This is another example of crony capitalism and government picking winners and losers. It’s not the government's role to stimulate the economy, it's the government role to create an environment for success. This means lowering taxes across the board, getting rid of the red tape, and balancing the budget. It’s amazing that the Senator calls himself a believer in free markets when this goes blatantly against them so I think the american people will see through this. And on the issue of ethanol production, hemp is actually the cheapest way to produce ethanol and I think we ought to legalize it and allow the market to select the best method for production instead of some government bureaucrat choosing it. Senator Rubio also opposes this so I don’t think he knows a whole lot about ethanol or the free market in general.

Well the best thing for the government to do is to stay out of it! The beautiful thing about the market is the innovation and technological advances, the greatest inventions and advancements came from free people who were allowed to unleash their creativity and keep the fruits of their labor. None of these advancements came from government or came from a bureaucrat ordering an innovation. When government stays out of the way great things can happen! One thing we can do is to lower the corporate tax rate to the lowest in the world and make the United States the best place in the world to start a business. If we do this all of the sudden the technology sector will leave China and Japan and come to America and we will have the greatest economy in the world. 
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #494 on: November 05, 2016, 08:49:13 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2016, 10:04:35 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's debate responses to Ron Paul's attacks, Part 1

-Opening Statement

Good Evening, I am former Congressman Ron Paul from Texas. I am the defender of the Constitution and the champion of liberty. I first got into this race out of great concern for the direction of the Republican Party. The party has gone in the direction of big government, massive spending, and endless wars overseas. I believe Senator Rubio embodies those values unfortunately. But I am glad to stand here tonight to stand up for a foreign policy of peace and diplomacy, a balanced budget, and personal liberty. My goal is to take over the government to leave you alone. But recent trends of our party have embarked on quite the opposite. Senator Rubio supports the unconstitutional spying on innocent americans, he supports the use of torture which is outlawed in the 8th amendment, and he supports the continued intervention and endless wars in the middle east without a declaration and without there being a significant threat to our national security. If you nominate me, I will put an end to it.

Well, as I outlined earlier I believe that our party has lost its way. I think Foreign Policy is a major area that we can offer an alternative. Right now both parties support the endless wars overseas, these wars are unconstitutional, unwinnable, and immoral. So the Republican alternative can be a Foreign Policy that is against war and for a Foreign Policy of peace and diplomacy. This policy will keep us safer as Americans, it will bring us back to fiscal sanity and it will keep a lot more americans alive. I think the party also needs to become the party of small government again. We have supported too many government interventions in the market and the party also supports running peoples social lives so we need to go in the opposite direction. We need to get the government out of the way when it comes to economic affairs and that means lowering taxes across the board, reducing regulations and red tape for small businesses, and it means ending this disastrous Federal Reserve System that is responsible for the wiping out of the middle class. And as President I will do everything in my power to promote economic freedom, personal liberty and a foreign policy of peace.

Well it's difficult to tell as of right now so we’ll see how things shake out. But ultimately I think it creates a great opportunity for our party this is right now splitting the democratic party in half and that really opens the door for us so we better not blow it. But I think this also highlights a deeper feeling that americans have about our political system. The american people are sick and tired of war, one of the founding principles of that party was a foreign policy that is against war and for peace and diplomacy which is great. But this party advocates for policies that cannot be payed for and will rack up our debt so the republican alternative should be free markets and liberty. I also think that if the Republican Party becomes the party that is against war and regime change then the Progressive Liberty Party will soon become history and I think we can accomplish this.

(Senator Rubio's Response)

Yes, the problem of terrorism has a lot to do with foreign policy and it has a lot to do with blowback. The concept of Blowback is that when the United States takes action in the middle east, whether it be bombs or nation building, that there is an unintended consequence that occurs. A prominent example of this is our nation building in Iran for the latter part of the 20th century. In 1953 the United States installed the Shah in Iran; the Shah, which is the name of the ruler, was very unpopular among the Iranian people. So in response to that, the people of Iran invaded our embassy in 1979 and took hostages. This infamous event became known as the Iranian Hostage Crisis, which is directly related to our nation building. Another example of Blowback is the 9-11 attacks on the United States. If you ever read the writings of Bin Laden and the reasons they attacked us, it was abundantly clear it was because we were over there. We built a military base in Saudi Arabia, which that certain faction of Islam believed to be the holy land. In retaliation for our military base and constant bombing of the middle east, they hijacked 2 planes and flew them into the Twin Towers. I would make the case that if we are serious about fighting terrorism we have to look at our foreign policy.

Rubio's response : So I suppose, Congressman, that you would have prefered to have Al Gore at the White House on 9/11 rather than George W. Bush.

If Al Gore was President on 9/11, not only the government would have been bigger, thus making our economy weaker, but terrorism would have been much stronger today and Bin Laden would have been alive today.

The reason why the World Trade Center was destroyed on 9/11 is because Bill Clinton missed the opportunity of killing Osama Bin Laden when he had the chance to do so in 1998. It's also because we didn't increase enough our security measures.

The attacks in San Bernardino demonstrated it in 2015. In December 2015, two radical Islamic terrorists killed 14 people and injured 22 others in San Bernardino and you know why, because some Senators in the Congress, including your son Rand Paul, voted in favor of weakening our surveillance program on June 2015, before the attacks in San Bernardino, thus putting our country in danger and encouraging terrorists to commit terrorist attacks on our soil and to kill Americans.

The reason why we managed to find and kill Bin Laden is because we launched the War on Terror and because we reinforced our security measures as well as our military. So I believe that if you were President on 9/11, much more Americans and much more innocent people around the world would be dead today.

And claiming that we created terrorist groups like Al Qaida or ISIS by engaging ourselves in the Middle East is simply not true. And Rudy Giuliani, who was mayor of New York City on 9/11 and who is sitting among this audience tonight even told you this during a debate in New Hampshire on January 2008.

Jihadists killed over 500 Americans before September 11, 2001, in the late 1960s. They have also killed people in Bali, in London. They have launched attacks in Germany.

If our military operations successfully helped us fighting terrorism and capturing or killing terrorist leaders like Bin Laden, then such a procedure can also work today to destroy ISIS and Al Qaida once and for all for the sake of international liberty, peace and stability.

Well the United States should have no role in nation building or dictating what kind of government other nations should have. But the best way we can promote our values is by setting a good example for other nations around the world and be the shining city on the hill as Reagan once said. If here at home we have thriving free markets, respect for civil liberties and the greatest education system in the world it gives the rest of the world something to emulate or follow after. But our biggest weapon to strengthen relations and friendship with the world is free trade. When we trade with other nations it builds trust and
friendship with them, this is the policy we should be doing with Russia, Iran, and Cuba. Instead of dropping bombs and intervening we can build friendship and encourage diplomacy through free trade.

Rubio's response : I agree that free trade can help us promoting liberty in countries oppressed by dictators.

But Congressman your statement claiming that we are dictating what kind of government other nations should have is absolutely wrong. That's not true.

We don't dictate to nations, we free nations from dictators.

-How do you plan to deter North Korea from supporting terrorism and to fight jihadism on the Pacific?

Well we should understand that Jihad is a philosophy that a radical tenet of Islam adopts. And in North Korea they are not Islamic, they actually have to worship their leader and he claims he is God. So this whole question operates on a false premise that would never happen. But we can encourage good relations with North Korea by being willing to be diplomatic and to trade with them but the wrong way is to provoke them by making of show of force out of south korea or in nearby waters. We need to promote peace and not war.

Rubio's response : And yet you endorsed Ronald Reagan in 1976 and 1980 while you knew very well that he promised, even at that time, to increase defense budget in order to reinforce and moderize our military, thus helping us to promote peace through strength and to win the Cold War against the USSR.

And peace through strength is exactly what I'm proposing, which requires making our military strong again, reinforcing our alliances, including around the Pacific, securing strategic and vital zones and establshing an anti-missile shield that will bring down any nuclear missile launched against us or our allies, thus ensuring peace, stability, freedom and territorial integrity in the Pacific.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #495 on: November 05, 2016, 08:53:35 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2017, 07:43:00 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's debate responses to Ron Paul's attacks, Part 2

-Hillary Clinton who was Secretary of State during Barack Obama's first term is considered as a major architect of Obama's foreign policy. Despite Muammar Gaddafi's fall, the 2011 military intervention in Libya is considered as a failure due to the terrorist attacks since 2011. What would you have done to restore permanent democracy and security in the post-Gadaffi's Libya if you were President of the United States at the time?

Well I wouldn’t have intervened in the first place! That was such a bad move, we may have good intentions when it comes to military interventions but there are unintended consequences that come with it. We also operate under the false premise that after we topple the regime there are some democratic angels waiting to take over which is never true and now Libya is in chaos and overrun by radicals so we are now dealing with the consequences of our failed foreign policy. This is also a reason why Hillary Clinton cannot be re elected president and it would be kind of awkward if Senator Rubio and President Clinton found themselves in agreement on this issue. If you nominate me I will champion peace and diplomacy.

Rubio's response : I know that diplomacy is a great tool for peace promotion. But Congressman, I need to remind you that diplomacy has not been enough to defeat Hitler, to win World War II, to win the Cold War and to find and kill Osama Bin Laden.

And I'm astonished, Congressman, that, as a Libertarian, you don't seem to care about democracy. The only single reason why democracy is not permanent now in Libya is that we left the Libyan people on its own too early. If we did the opposite, the 4 U.S. Ambassadors killed in Benghazi would be alive today and terrorism would not have surged in Libya. By combining our forces with Libya's, we will defeat terrorism, thus saving freedom and democracy. Only democracy ensures security and stability because the people can trust their government due to a stronger integrity. We can't let the Mediterranean Sea become a terrorist lake.

Well it won’t so a whole lot in my opinion. This is another example of crony capitalism and government picking winners and losers. It’s not the government's role to stimulate the economy, it's the government role to create an environment for success. This means lowering taxes across the board, getting rid of the red tape, and balancing the budget. It’s amazing that the Senator calls himself a believer in free markets when this goes blatantly against them so I think the american people will see through this. And on the issue of ethanol production, hemp is actually the cheapest way to produce ethanol and I think we ought to legalize it and allow the market to select the best method for production instead of some government bureaucrat choosing it. Senator Rubio also opposes this so I don’t think he knows a whole lot about ethanol or the free market in general.

Rubio's response : Well first of all Congressman, I'm the only one on this stage who is sitting in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. I lived the American Dream and I spent all my career to establish pro-growth policies that created good-paying jobs whether it's in Florida or in Washington and I understand what it takes to revive free market and our economy and to create jobs. That's why businesspeople like Mitt Romney, Carly Fiorina, Meg Whitman, Rick Snyder, Nikki Haley and the Sununu family are endorsing me because they know that I am the only candidate in this race that has the best pro-growth agenda that will be able to save free market, to create jobs, to grow our economy, to get America back to work, to balance the budget and to reduce the deficit.

And I do not need any lectures from a man who opposes free market by voting YES on withdrawing from the WTO and by opposing free trade, especially NAFTA, free trade agreement with Chile, US-Singapore free trade agreement, US-Australia Free Trade Agreement, CAFTA and  free trade with Peru. Opposing free trade is not conservative because higher tariffs mean bigger government and more government intrusion in the economy. It also undermines our consumers' purchasing power, thus weakening consumption and consumption is an important element of economic growth. The Great Depression got longer and worse because of the legislation of the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act of 1930 that increased tariffs and reduced American exports and imports, thus increasing unemployment rate from 8 % in 1930 to 25 % in 1932.

Secondly, you seem to have misunderstood me. The SAVE Act doesn't include subsidaries for ethanol. It includes tax credits for the companies investing on ethanol and tax credits mean lowering taxes and putting the government aside.

And I'm proud to support ethanol because it's good for our environment, for our air, for job creation, for our automobile industry and for the U.S. economy in general. I support ethanol because we need to use all of our sources of energy and because it also reduces our dependency upon foreign energy.

What would you suggest, Congressman? That we keep unwillingly funding terrorist groups by importing oil from countries in throes of terrorism because of our dependency on foreign oil? I refuse it. Energy independence will not only grow our economy, reinforce free market, create jobs and protect the environment but also weaken terrorist groups by depriving them of funds.

Well the best thing for the government to do is to stay out of it! The beautiful thing about the market is the innovation and technological advances, the greatest inventions and advancements came from free people who were allowed to unleash their creativity and keep the fruits of their labor. None of these advancements came from government or came from a bureaucrat ordering an innovation. When government stays out of the way great things can happen! One thing we can do is to lower the corporate tax rate to the lowest in the world and make the United States the best place in the world to start a business. If we do this all of the sudden the technology sector will leave China and Japan and come to America and we will have the greatest economy in the world.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #496 on: November 05, 2016, 10:40:46 PM »

I believe that a more diversified political landscape will be beneficial for our republic and our democracy and democracy has always been, still is and will always be a precious value that we're fighting for here and around the world for the sake of freedom, gender equality, security and liberty of press and opinion. That's why we fight terrorism. And here, in New York City, we are proud to have a great symbol of liberty : the Statue of Liberty that France gave us 100 years after the Declaration of Independence during a war when we defeated the most powerful empire and army of the world thanks to France's military help, thus getting us our national independence and freedom.

In addition of dividing the liberal vote and ensuring our victory in November, the Progressive Liberty Party's creation demonstrates that only the Republican Party represents the path to prosperity and restoration of the American Dream for all the American people, whether they are conservatives, independents, liberals, progressives or libertarians. We need to put the government aside in order to give the American people the right and freedom to prosper, to find a good-paying job and to found families which children will have the privilege to earn a better education and a bright future. If I'm President of the United States, in addition of reducing government spending, we will cut taxes for all the American people, including the middle class and poor people. By increasing oil drilling and production, we will ensure massive job creation and get the necessary revenues to develop renewable energies to create jobs while protecting the environment. It will also make a contribution in our fight against terrorism because it will make sure that we will stop unwillingly finance terrorist groups by importing oil from countries in throes of terrorism and this money won't fall into the wrong hands. Job creation will increase wages, thus reducing poverty and helping us reducing our deficit. Budget balance will help us developing our infrastructures thanks to a part of budget surpluses, which will help our future business owners to open, grow and expand new businesses, to produce, to innovate and to create jobs.

That's we will bring all the American people, including independents, liberals and progressives around our agenda while promoting conservative policies.

Officials Ashe-Monds response by Monds:

"Senator Rubio has once again made sweeping platitudes rather than direct answers. Our party is a party of ideas and direction, not mindless rambles from a man who can only repeat lines. If you care to recall, Senator Rubio said a comment about President Obama once. Governor Christie then accused him of using repetitive, sweeping, political lines and sound bites. Senator Rubio went on to repeat this same phrase three or four times.

"Senator Rubio's ideology of extreme belligerency, cutting taxes, and raising military spending while cutting no other spending is inflationary, adds to our debt, and is generally fiscally unsound. On social issues, he refuses to address gay marriage. He refuses an exception for abortion for the mother's health. He refuses background checks and mental tests. Senator Rubio is an extremist through and through.

"Congressman Paul implied that the Progressive Liberty Party is solely anti-war and fiscally irresponsible. We do not support fiscal irresponsibility. We support elimination of most welfare systems, a combination of Wyden-Bennett and BaucusCare, a basic income to those at or below 250% of the poverty line, erasure of artificial state lines on healthcare insurance, and universal healthcare for veterans, servicemen, their spouses, and their children(the last up until the age of 22).

"We support trade deals done one nation at a time. We support reform of the United Nations. We support a foreign policy doctrine involving rare military action but strong military action. We support increasing ties to growing nations like India, Germany, and Brazil. We support using diplomacy to democratize and stabilize nations like Brazil, India, Thailand, Turkey, and similar nations.

"We are not aged radicals who have insulted the members of the Libertarian Party who have joined us. We represent fresh ideas. While the ideas outlined above are those of my party, we support mavericks in our party. I'm a libertarian maverick in my party. People like David Cobb and Rocky Anderson would be solidly progressive mavericks if they joined. Others are centrist mavericks.

"The Progressive Liberty Union is neither Democratic nor Republican. It belongs neither with the left nor the right; it belongs neither to liberals nor conservatives; it belongs to America; it belongs to the American people. The NAACP, the HRC, the moderates, the libertarians: many different people in many different organizations support us.

"Senator Rubio, Congressman Paul, and President Clinton we expect all will continue to criticize us in the coming months. These forces of the status quo stand not with the American people. The forces of the people stand against us and against the American people. These people are afraid of true change, led neither by the G. O. P. or the left, but by the people. This is our battle cry, this is our call: We, the people, demand bold change!"
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #497 on: November 05, 2016, 10:42:07 PM »

Ron Paul Rebuttal To Rubio Attacks Part 1[/b]

Rubio's response : So I suppose, Congressman, that you would have prefered to have Al Gore at the White House on 9/11 rather than George W. Bush.

If Al Gore was President on 9/11, not only the government would have been bigger, thus making our economy weaker, but terrorism would have been much stronger today and Bin Laden would have been alive today.

The reason why the World Trade Center was destroyed on 9/11 is because Bill Clinton missed the opportunity of killing Osama Bin Laden when he had the chance to do so in 1998. It's also because we didn't increase enough our security measures.

The attacks in San Bernardino demonstrated it in 2015. In December 2015, two radical Islamic terrorists killed 14 people and injured 22 others in San Bernardino and you know why, because some Senators in the Congress, including your son Rand Paul, voted in favor of weakening our surveillance program on June 2015, before the attacks in San Bernardino, thus putting our country in danger and encouraging terrorists to commit terrorist attacks on our soil and to kill Americans.

The reason why we managed to find and kill Bin Laden is because we launched the War on Terror and because we reinforced our security measures as well as our military. So I believe that if you were President on 9/11, much more Americans and much more innocent people around the world would be dead today.

And claiming that we created terrorist groups like Al Qaida or ISIS by engaging ourselves in the Middle East is simply not true. And Rudy Giuliani, who was mayor of New York City on 9/11 and who is sitting among this audience tonight even told you this during a debate in New Hampshire on January 2008.

Jihadists killed over 500 Americans before September 11, 2001, in the late 1960s. They have also killed people in Bali, in London. They have launched attacks in Germany.

If our military operations successfully helped us fighting terrorism and capturing or killing terrorist leaders like Bin Laden, then such a procedure can also work today to destroy ISIS and Al Qaida once and for all for the sake of international liberty, peace and stability.

Paul:
Well personally I think they would both be terrible presidents and one of them was. This idea that George Bush didn't grow government is quite humorous I'm not sure Al Gore would have been able to top him. During Bush's Administration the department of education was doubled in size, we also created this massive bureaucracy called the Department of Homeland Security. We had all the information to deal with the threat on 9-11 but it was inefficiency in the bureaucracy that let it to go by. So what's our response it's to implement a massive bureaucracy that hasn't helped solve the problem and you can't be conservative and support these policies. You also support the unconstitutional NSA spying on Americans which is clearly outlawed in the constitution. We need to look at foreign policy through the eyes of the people we attack imagine if they were doing this to us imagine if china or Iran built a massive embassy the size of the Vatican in downtown New York and imagine Chinese soldiers routinely patrolled our streets. And China continuously bombed us and sometimes accidentally bombed a hospital or a wedding. I think it makes perfect sense why they hate us. They hate us because we bomb them. They hate us because we build military bases on there holy land. They hate us because we patrol the streets and claim to be protecting there national security I think it's time we have a foreign policy based on the golden rule.

Rubio's response : I agree that free trade can help us promoting liberty in countries oppressed by dictators.

But Congressman your statement claiming that we are dictating what kind of government other nations should have is absolutely wrong. That's not true.

We don't dictate to nations, we free nations from dictators.

Paul:
But what you don't understand is there are unintended consequences that occur. We may think that we are doing them a service but often times we end up leaving the area in chaos from our interventions. In Libya we toppled Gaddafi and now Libya is in chaos, same thing in Iraq we intervened and opened the vacuum for ISIS to fill and it's not the United States role to police the world and eternally occupy the Middle East. But the worst thing about this is that it's all unconstitutional! The constitution says the congress has to declare war because when you don't the wars don't end that's why we have troops in 130 countries and we are bombing 8 countries simultaneously we have to quit this! Senator Rubio how many men have to die?! How many soldiers must come home wounded and with PTSD before you'll understand that this foreign policy had failed?
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #498 on: November 05, 2016, 10:44:06 PM »

Ron Paul Rebbutal to Rubio Attacks Part 2[/b]

Rubio's response : And yet you endorsed Ronald Reagan in 1976 and 1980 while you knew very well that he promised, even at that time, to increase defense budget in order to reinforce and moderize our military, thus helping us to promote peace through strength and to win the Cold War against the USSR. [Applause from the audience]

And peace through strength is exactly what I'm proposing, which requires making our military strong again, reinforcing our alliances, including around the Pacific, securing strategic and vital zones and establshing an anti-missile shield that will bring down any nuclear missile launched against us or our allies, thus ensuring peace, stability, freedom and territorial integrity in the Pacific.

Paul:
I'm not exactly sure what this has to do with Reagan but I supported the message of Reagan but when we came to office the democratic congress blew the lid off the spending and it wasn't the spending that ended the Cold War it was diplomacy and open relations and trade with other nations. Reagan didn't end the Cold War by warmongering or nation building that's not how you promote peace

Rubio's response : I know that diplomacy is a great tool for peace promotion. But Congressman, I need to remind you that diplomacy has not been enough to defeat Hitler, to win World War II, to win the Cold War and to find and kill Osama Bin Laden.

And I'm astonished, Congressman, that, as a Libertarian, you don't seem to care about democracy. The only single reason why democracy is not permanent now in Libya is that we left the Libyan people on its own too early. If we did the opposite, the 4 U.S. Ambassadors killed in Benghazi would be alive today and terrorism would not have surged in Libya. By combining our forces with Libya's, we will defeat terrorism, thus saving freedom and democracy. Only democracy ensures security and stability because the people can trust their government due to a stronger integrity. We can't let the Mediterranean Sea become a terrorist lake.

Paul:
The conditions that led to world war 2 were created because of the peace treaty established after world war 1 and it dumped a lot of blame and financial responsibility on Germany and this led to someone like Hitler being able to appeal to nationalism and come to power. If we hadn't intervened in world war 1 or if we negotiated a better peace treaty the name Adolf Hitler would mean nothing. My argument is that if we are going to go to war we have to declare it constitutionally and we have to commit to winning. Senator Rubio if we didn't have a military base or an embassy in Libya no Americans would have died your foreign policy is going to lead to more Americans dying it's going to lead to a skyrocketing national debt and it's going to increase terrorism against the United States. It's time we quit this and stop these wars!

Rubio's response : Well first of all Congressman, I'm the only one on this stage that is sitting in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. I lived the American Dream and I spent all my career to establish pro-growth policies that created good-paying jobs whether it's in Florida or in Washington and I understand what it takes to revive free market and our economy and to create jobs. That's why businesspeople like Mitt Romney, Carly Fiorina, Meg Whitman, Rick Snyder, Nikki Haley and the Sununu family are endorsing me because they know that I am the only candidate in this race that has the best pro-growth agenda that will be able to save free market, to create jobs, to grow our economy, to get America back to work, to balance the budget and to reduce the deficit.

And I do not need any lectures from a man who opposes free market by voting YES on withdrawing from the WTO and by opposing free trade, especially NAFTA, free trade agreement with Chile, US-Singapore free trade agreement, US-Australia Free Trade Agreement, CAFTA and  free trade with Peru. Opposing free trade is not conservative because higher tariffs mean bigger government and more government intrusion in the economy. It also undermines our consumers' purchasing power, thus weakening consumption and consumption is an important element of economic growth. The Great Depression got longer and worse because of the legislation of the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act of 1930 that increased tariffs and reduced American exports and imports, thus increasing unemployment rate from 8 % in 1930 to 25 % in 1932.

Secondly, you seem to have misunderstood me. The SAVE Act doesn't include subsidaries for ethanol. It includes tax credits for the companies investing on ethanol and tax credits mean lowering taxes and putting the government aside.

And I'm proud to support ethanol because it's good for our environment, for our air, for job creation, for our automobile industry and for the U.S. economy in general. I support ethanol because we need to use all of our sources of energy and because it also reduces our dependency upon foreign energy.

What would you suggest, Congressman? That we keep unwillingly funding terrorist groups by importing oil from countries in throes of terrorism because of our dependency on foreign oil? I refuse it. Energy independence will not only grow our economy, reinforce free market, create jobs and protect the environment but also weaken terrorist groups by depriving them of funds.

Paul:
Well here we go again on the free trade thing. I am the biggest supporter of free trade in the country I want to get rid of all the tariffs on our imported and exported goods. The reason I oppose deals like NAFTA is because of the hidden provisions and unfair advantages given to certain countries or goods. You don't need a trade deal to do free trade you just need the government to get out of the way. I never said I didn't support ethanol I argued that certain companies shouldn't get unfair advantages for using ethanol produced in a certain way. I also advocated for allowing us to decriminalize hemp and allow us to produce ethanol from hemp. And Senator I think you would know a lot about funding terrorists since you vote for weapons deals that give terrorists access to weapons so you can't have it both ways
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #499 on: November 05, 2016, 11:23:48 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2016, 09:03:50 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's debate responses to Ron Paul's attacks, Part 3

-Paul: Well here we go again on the free trade thing. I am the biggest supporter of free trade in the country I want to get rid of all the tariffs on our imported and exported goods. The reason I oppose deals like NAFTA is because of the hidden provisions and unfair advantages given to certain countries or goods. You don't need a trade deal to do free trade you just need the government to get out of the way. I never said I didn't support ethanol I argued that certain companies shouldn't get unfair advantages for using ethanol produced in a certain way. I also advocated for allowing us to decriminalize hemp and allow us to produce ethanol from hemp. And Senator I think you would know a lot about funding terrorists since you vote for weapons deals that give terrorists access to weapons so you can't have it both ways

-Senator Rubio's response : That's false, Congressman. I never supported any bill that gave terrorists access to weapons.

Actually I introduced a bill named the Terror Intelligence Improvement Act that is aimed at keeping guns away from suspected terrorists. I think we all agree on such procedure because that's the right way to protect our constitutional and inviolable Second Amendment while disallowing suspected terrorists to get weapons and to kill innocent people.

So I believe it's time for you, Congressman, to stop lying about my record. It's not a badge of honour.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies