The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 01:46:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 240261 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2000 on: September 11, 2018, 06:41:22 PM »

WI-01 voters want repubs to have the house 60-20 but #populist Bryce is tied 46-46!

Looks like IceSpear was wrong about candidate quality

I bet you feel really cool about making fun of a joke post.

I'll make a joke too: the fact that you have 83,000 posts on this forum.

Its a painfully unfunny joke and thus still fits.

So there's about 83,696 posts that should be added to this thread Wink
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2001 on: September 11, 2018, 06:55:14 PM »

None of which have consisted of me thinking that having an avatar that says C-OK is the height of humor.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2002 on: September 11, 2018, 07:08:55 PM »

Glad to see BRTD just firing off his thoughts into the appropriate thread.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #2003 on: September 11, 2018, 11:42:07 PM »

This witch thinks she is above the rules and that simply isn't so.

Time for her to follow the rules or  off.

I'm pleased here nobody has used the inane analogy of 'this is against the rules, just like speeding' but this comes close.

When there is speeding, it's usually a whole bunch of people that are speeding and it's simply impossible given the scarce resources of police officers to give a ticket to every speeder.

In this situation, there is one umpire and two tennis players.  If this 'coaching violation' was something that the major tennis tournaments wanted enforced every time, there is no reason they could tell the umpire to  uniformly enforce it, however, they don't.

Therefore, since it is a matter of discretion, it's reasonable for the players to look either how it is enforced in general, or to look at how the match umpire has enforced it in the past.  Apparently Carlos Ramos generally only enforces this coaching violation in the most egregious cases.

Therefore, Serena Williams was right to be angry both for the arbitrary enforcement and for the accusation that she was cheating.

It is clearly perfectly correct to question the motivations of Ramos, whether he was motivated by sexism, or more likely, racism.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2004 on: September 12, 2018, 01:59:05 AM »

age (16), citizenship (in federal elections), residency (in state & local elections), and property ownership (homeowners shouldn't get to vote)
by putting the post into this thread instead of engaging me in the Discourse, you, sir, have committed an ad hominem fallacy. clearly, you have sunk to such rhetorical lows because you cannot muster any counterargument to my reasoned position. homeowners lose their rights at dawn.
That's not an ad hominem fallacy.  It's appeal to ridicule, like every other contribution in this thread.
Are you familiar with the sugondese fallacy?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #2005 on: September 12, 2018, 06:56:52 AM »

No, McCarthy actually had legitimate concerns about infiltration by Communist sympathizers. Democrats' concerns about Putinist (to even say the phrase is laughable) infiltration of American institutions is laughable.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #2006 on: September 12, 2018, 08:57:58 AM »

No, McCarthy actually had legitimate concerns about infiltration by Communist sympathizers. Democrats' concerns about Putinist (to even say the phrase is laughable) infiltration of American institutions is laughable.

This is not the simple truths thread.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2007 on: September 12, 2018, 11:50:14 AM »

This is not the simple truths thread.

Correct. That's posts placement here is quite appropriate.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #2008 on: September 12, 2018, 12:03:14 PM »

age (16), citizenship (in federal elections), residency (in state & local elections), and property ownership (homeowners shouldn't get to vote)
by putting the post into this thread instead of engaging me in the Discourse, you, sir, have committed an ad hominem fallacy. clearly, you have sunk to such rhetorical lows because you cannot muster any counterargument to my reasoned position. homeowners lose their rights at dawn.
That's not an ad hominem fallacy.  It's appeal to ridicule, like every other contribution in this thread.

No.  Is this a meme?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2009 on: September 12, 2018, 01:45:20 PM »

Tends to just end up transforming into the ligma fallacy
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #2010 on: September 12, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »

A white person who has the nerve to tell Jewish people that they don't deserve human rights and they don't deserve to exist. #WhitePrivilege
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2011 on: September 12, 2018, 04:45:23 PM »

How about if you're not a Jew you don't have a right to comment on anything regarding Israel. You know the same way if you're not a woman you don't have a right to comment on abortion. 😉

And all the non Jews (Druze, Arabs etc) that live in Israel should just go and get bent?

Hey we don't need non Jews commenting on wether Jewish people deserve human rights the same way we don't need white males deciding what a woman does with her own body. Even if that means a woman killing a living being that is inside her body 😉.

Very amusing. Sadly for you I'm not an idpol liberal, so this is not really a take that frightens me. I'll repeat: do you think Israeli Duruze deserve the right to vote?

Arabs have the entire Middle East but Jews can't have one country? Let me ask you this do you not care about Jewish lives? Do you want another holocaust to happen? Is it not significant that every single country in the Middle East is over 90 percent Arab except Israel yet you as a non Jew want to force jewish people to allow people who want to kill them into their homeland? It sounds to me like either you're a Nazi or a Nazi sympathizer or you just don't care about human rights for Jewish people.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2012 on: September 12, 2018, 06:07:27 PM »

Told you guys Donnelly is as good as gone. Frightened GOPers are coming home just like in the last weeks of '06.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #2013 on: September 12, 2018, 08:11:06 PM »

How about if you're not a Jew you don't have a right to comment on anything regarding Israel. You know the same way if you're not a woman you don't have a right to comment on abortion. 😉

And all the non Jews (Druze, Arabs etc) that live in Israel should just go and get bent?

Hey we don't need non Jews commenting on wether Jewish people deserve human rights the same way we don't need white males deciding what a woman does with her own body. Even if that means a woman killing a living being that is inside her body 😉.

Very amusing. Sadly for you I'm not an idpol liberal, so this is not really a take that frightens me. I'll repeat: do you think Israeli Duruze deserve the right to vote?

Arabs have the entire Middle East but Jews can't have one country? Let me ask you this do you not care about Jewish lives? Do you want another holocaust to happen? Is it not significant that every single country in the Middle East is over 90 percent Arab except Israel yet you as a non Jew want to force jewish people to allow people who want to kill them into their homeland? It sounds to me like either you're a Nazi or a Nazi sympathizer or you just don't care about human rights for Jewish people.

Druze have a whole bunch of Arab countries to enjoy.
They should leave Israel and go live in Druzalem, Druzylvania.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2014 on: September 12, 2018, 08:54:20 PM »

ME-02 has started. Golden up with 100% of the vote thanks to 2 white non-college educated middle-aged males.

#POPULISM Purple heart

EDIT -- scratch that, 3 white non-college educated middle-aged males, including a registered Republican who hates hearing immigrants talk in foreign languages and thinks that illegal immigrants commit lots of crimes.

100% baby.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2015 on: September 12, 2018, 09:00:14 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2018, 09:08:24 PM by IceSpear »

^Are you really going to put every joke post in that thread here? Because we might need a spinoff thread if so.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2016 on: September 12, 2018, 09:06:16 PM »

The "joke" is utterly beaten to death and clogging up and ruining what should be an interesting thread. Ideally we'd have another thread...to cover those polls without that stupid "joke" spamming up every page and making the thread unreadable.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2017 on: September 12, 2018, 10:58:45 PM »

Nixon wins Erie, a couple random other counties, and some areas of NYC. As much as I want her to upset Cuomo, my expectations aren't that high.

Cuomo: 62%
Nixon: 37%
Other: 1%

Erie of course was literally Cuomo's best Upstate county in 2014.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2018 on: September 12, 2018, 11:17:03 PM »

No.  Is this a meme?

SUGONDESE NUTZ

Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2019 on: September 13, 2018, 01:07:35 AM »

The "joke" is utterly beaten to death and clogging up and ruining what should be an interesting thread. Ideally we'd have another thread...to cover those polls without that stupid "joke" spamming up every page and making the thread unreadable.
The BRTD asylum for anal and obsesisve posts? Purple heart
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2020 on: September 13, 2018, 02:10:18 AM »

The BRTD asylum for anal and obsesisve posts? Purple heart

The BRTD Bathroom of Butthurt Bull

Well, although I don't believe in online bullying, appreciating all of the humor involved, the fundamental critique of BRTD's posting history occasionally appears to represent certain factions of the broader Atlas Community within a holistic context.

As BRTDs Personal Attorney, I would humbly advise that we view the "Portrait of BRTD as a Young Artist", when it comes to determining the overall guilt or innocence of my client.

It started in the Student and Alternative Ghettos of Minneapolis in the early days of Punk Rock, Alt College Music, Heavy Metal, and Hip-Hop....

In consideration of my client's personal character, background, and history, I move that the grave charges against my client be dismissed in All the Eyes of Atlas and he be immediately be released on Probation, so long as such offenses will not recur within the next 90 Days.

*** Judge bangs gavel and approves the Lawyer for the Defense Motion and provides verdict ***

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2021 on: September 13, 2018, 05:52:31 PM »

My Predictions -

Safe R: MD, NH, AL, SD, SC, AR, MA, NE
Likely R: ID,  TX, VT, KS, AZ, TN
Lean R: OH, IA, WI, NV, FL
Tossup: ME, MN
Lean D: OR, MI
Likely D: IL
Safe D: CA

Conclusion: I guarentee you that polls will show Walker and Reynolds leading in Wisconsin and Iowa. The Democrats are over-optimistic they're going to win WI -  state that voted for a GOP governor three times by a landslide. Guess what? He ain't beatable! As for Iowa, that state is done for Dems.

A red tsunami is looming!

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2022 on: September 13, 2018, 06:42:31 PM »

I hate to post twice but this is too good to pass up:

Both were horrible, but if forced to pick, I’d say Roosevelt.

What was horrible about Lincoln in your view?  I assume you dislike Roosevelt because you hold conservative views, but that would be a hilariously misguided and simplistic reason to hate Lincoln, so I figure there must be something else.

He was an autogenocidal authoritarian who carried out an illegal war intended to solidify and expand the federal government's power, and subjugate his political opposition.

Essentially, an American Pol Pot, just not quite as psychopathic and evil. He is the worst President in American history, and likely and hopefully will retain this distinction forever.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2023 on: September 13, 2018, 09:41:38 PM »

Yes, and a war against modern-day soft serfdom (property taxes) would also be justified.
Jesus f**king Christ.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2024 on: September 13, 2018, 10:06:36 PM »

Nothing wrong with an aunt/uncle or grandparent being allowed. Or even an adult sibling.
Yes, we wouldn't want to deny extended family the right to physically abuse children, would we.

Ah look, the case in point for why it should be acceptable for responsible adults to spank their children.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies