Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:22:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 150238 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: December 17, 2018, 09:00:20 PM »

My PI scenario is done!  Download it here. Smile
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #326 on: December 18, 2018, 01:16:32 AM »

My cat died on Saturday. Buried her today.  Knew her for 13 years, ever since she was a few months old & hanging around when I moved into my own place and I was able to take her in. She'd been dealing with chronic illness for the past couple years that was often a struggle to manage, so it wasn't completely unexpected something like this would happen at some point.  But it's so surreal, like I'm doubting that it really finally happened. I took care of her the best I knew how, but I keep feeling like I dropped the ball.  I love her so much.   All my habits suddenly feel out of place and I need to make a change to be sane but I'm not sure what or where or how.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #327 on: December 18, 2018, 01:17:35 AM »

My cat died on Saturday. Buried her today.  Knew her for 13 years, ever since she was a few months old & hanging around when I moved into my own place and I was able to take her in. She'd been dealing with chronic illness for the past couple years that was often a struggle to manage, so it wasn't completely unexpected something like this would happen at some point.  But it's so surreal, like I'm doubting that it really finally happened. I love her so much.   All my habits suddenly feel out of place and I need to make a change to be sane but I'm not sure what or where or how.

I'm so sorry for your loss, shua Sad
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #328 on: December 18, 2018, 01:26:06 AM »

My cat died on Saturday. Buried her today.  Knew her for 13 years, ever since she was a few months old & hanging around when I moved into my own place and I was able to take her in. She'd been dealing with chronic illness for the past couple years that was often a struggle to manage, so it wasn't completely unexpected something like this would happen at some point.  But it's so surreal, like I'm doubting that it really finally happened. I love her so much.   All my habits suddenly feel out of place and I need to make a change to be sane but I'm not sure what or where or how.

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #329 on: December 18, 2018, 01:30:00 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2018, 01:33:31 AM by MP Scott🦋 »

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #330 on: December 18, 2018, 12:25:55 PM »

Just popping in to check how's the forum doing. I don't anticipate being here now, so early Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukah/Happy Holiday to you all.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #331 on: December 18, 2018, 12:35:42 PM »

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #332 on: December 19, 2018, 08:33:37 PM »

According to this one dude at my HS, this one gal posted a picture of me in class on Snapchat with the statement of something like "this dude thinks he's cute and knows everything," obviously negatively. But the funny thing is that's probably the complete opposite of the truth. I've hated my body and looks and how they contrast with me as a person, even with gender dysphoria and constant disgust of myself. Oh, and "he thinks he knows everything?" Bullsh**t. I probably think I'm dumber than I am. I know trivial sh**t, like what the capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo is, but I couldn't tell you for the life of me anything of actual importance. So yeah, oof.

Now, a normal person would just not care, but lil' ol' pansy Koopa decided to silently tear at myself for a body that I couldn't choose, as well as continue my normal ritual of hating myself for no real reason. Why is it that whenever I go through low self-esteem, and try to fix it by liking myself a little, I feel disgusted at liking myself, and go through low self-esteem all over again? Sigh, I don't like having to go through 4 years straight of depression, even though it gets dismissed as "not really depressed" and "too young to go through this." I guess several suicide attempts in the past didn't raise any flags.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #333 on: December 20, 2018, 02:17:53 PM »

Oh boy, I'm in a shorter brace that really only covers the knee. Also, I can kick now, and sitting down is a little less awkward, especially in school desks. When winter break starts, I'll probably ditch my crutch. So woohoo, a little more freedom! Cheesy
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #334 on: December 20, 2018, 11:18:01 PM »

According to this one dude at my HS, this one gal posted a picture of me in class on Snapchat with the statement of something like "this dude thinks he's cute and knows everything," obviously negatively. But the funny thing is that's probably the complete opposite of the truth. I've hated my body and looks and how they contrast with me as a person, even with gender dysphoria and constant disgust of myself. Oh, and "he thinks he knows everything?" Bullsh**t. I probably think I'm dumber than I am. I know trivial sh**t, like what the capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo is, but I couldn't tell you for the life of me anything of actual importance. So yeah, oof.

Now, a normal person would just not care, but lil' ol' pansy Koopa decided to silently tear at myself for a body that I couldn't choose, as well as continue my normal ritual of hating myself for no real reason. Why is it that whenever I go through low self-esteem, and try to fix it by liking myself a little, I feel disgusted at liking myself, and go through low self-esteem all over again? Sigh, I don't like having to go through 4 years straight of depression, even though it gets dismissed as "not really depressed" and "too young to go through this." I guess several suicide attempts in the past didn't raise any flags.

Get a thicker skin, you won’t regret it.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #335 on: December 21, 2018, 07:56:13 AM »

There’s this old dude in the break room at work asking Siri to look up stuff about Monika Lewinsky and the Clintons. He’s always watching something or saying something about Hillary Clinton. He really dislikes her, yet he’s so obsessed with her. It’s weird af
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #336 on: December 21, 2018, 08:42:25 AM »

It's my birthday! I started off the day by chipping a tooth and being late to Calc.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #337 on: December 21, 2018, 08:45:10 AM »

It's my birthday! I started off the day by chipping a tooth and being late to Calc.

Happy Birthday West! oof at being late to Calc and your tooth.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2018, 08:50:28 AM »

Happy Birthday West! oof at being late to Calc and your tooth.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #339 on: December 21, 2018, 02:43:43 PM »

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

Thank you

i've been finding some comfort in imaging her in the arms of the Good Shepherd
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #340 on: December 22, 2018, 02:23:45 PM »

I just went from not expecting to find a boyfriend for at least another year and a half (though my pessimistic mind said never) to finding out my coworker who I like is bi and likes me back to making him my first boyfriend in the span of 48 hours. Geez.

Now, how do I keep my parents from finding out...
It was going fantastic until recently. The past week or so he's basically cut me out of his life and won't tell me why. We're cordial at work but he's going through "some stuff" and won't tell me what. I don't want to give up on him but I feel like there's nothing I can do and it's driving me bonkers
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #341 on: December 22, 2018, 09:30:16 PM »

I was invited to a party by a good friend of mine from back in the day and his fiancée and there’s a girl they want me to meet, but I am not vibing with the whole society thing right now and it’s a whole drive.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #342 on: December 22, 2018, 09:42:59 PM »

Nothing matters and what if it did?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #343 on: December 22, 2018, 09:59:02 PM »

I was invited to a party by a good friend of mine from back in the day and his fiancée and there’s a girl they want me to meet, but I am not vibing with the whole society thing right now and it’s a whole drive.

I'm guessing the whole bass player deal is done.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #344 on: December 23, 2018, 08:33:15 AM »

I just went from not expecting to find a boyfriend for at least another year and a half (though my pessimistic mind said never) to finding out my coworker who I like is bi and likes me back to making him my first boyfriend in the span of 48 hours. Geez.

Now, how do I keep my parents from finding out...
It was going fantastic until recently. The past week or so he's basically cut me out of his life and won't tell me why. We're cordial at work but he's going through "some stuff" and won't tell me what. I don't want to give up on him but I feel like there's nothing I can do and it's driving me bonkers

I understand you. My first relationship felt like a dream until it crashed, all because of him, and I was deeply scarred emotionally.
I can't really judge what's happening to you, but my ex was a coward who couldn't face me and tell me what he felt to my face. There WAS nothing I could do, I realize in retrospect, and him breaking up with me was the best decision he made. So I'll just say this- if it's a similar situation, move on and learn from it. Eventually, you'll find someone who truly appreciates you and is truly honest with you. I know I did, in very unexpected circumstances- it'll happen.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #345 on: December 23, 2018, 08:57:57 AM »

I'm guessing the whole bass player deal is done.

Far more that I may be in a weeks-drawn out ghosting (surely there’s another name for this) punctuated by random rays of hope. In any case, last night was a non-entity.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #346 on: December 23, 2018, 05:53:50 PM »

Look forward to continuing my long Christmas tradition of watching Die Hard on my last flight before Christmas.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #347 on: December 23, 2018, 06:19:17 PM »

I've been away recently due to some health issues, which seems to be solved.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: December 24, 2018, 10:52:21 AM »

Somehow I took leave of my sense and decided to trust the government to not foul up something important.

My parents have been paying for my health insurance, but this year I had the bright idea to try and save them a bunch of money by applying to Medicaid. The healthcare.gov website told me I'm supposedly eligible, but this is the first year of the expanded program here and I haven't been able to get an answer from the state as to if or when I'd hear back from them. (I tried calling last week but they told me they had a computer glitch in the system and couldn't tell me my status)   And if for some reason I'm denied or my plan is completely worthless, it will be too late to get private insurance unless I can get a special exemption.  So I could be going without health insurance for at least part of the year.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #349 on: December 24, 2018, 03:22:25 PM »

I also tried the healthcare.gov webzone after being told I'm off medicaid this summer. I'm then told I'm eligible for medicaid.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies