The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:17:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172739 times)
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2007, 07:01:51 PM »

I can moderate, if its all right with you guys.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2007, 07:03:30 PM »

I can moderate, if its all right with you guys.

It's all right with me.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »

The Kyoto Protocol is the first thing to do when trying to take any environmental action.

Proven not to work as no European country has done what it was supposed to (they all raised emissions) and continued to whine at the US (Atlasia here) for not ratifying it.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2007, 09:06:09 PM »

The Kyoto Protocol is the first thing to do when trying to take any environmental action.

Proven not to work as no European country has done what it was supposed to (they all raised emissions) and continued to whine at the US (Atlasia here) for not ratifying it.

Shhhh.., I need to use that in the debate Smiley

Anyway, I consent to the debate and am fine with Sensei and SPC co-moderating.  I also think anyone who wishes to ask me any further questions can do so by contacting my office via the thread.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2007, 09:13:33 PM »

The environmental debate can be found here.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2007, 09:24:44 PM »

Will you be sponsoring senate debates as well once redistricting happens?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »

Yes. The National Weekly Atlasian will also be publishing it's endorsements a couple days before the election based on their voting records.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2007, 09:35:08 PM »

Yes. The National Weekly Atlasian will also be publishing it's endorsements a couple days before the election based on their voting records.
Are you going to weight some votes heavier than others?  I mean there are a lot of bills that were passed unanimously. 
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2007, 09:37:04 PM »

Are you going to weight some votes heavier than others?  I mean there are a lot of bills that were passed unanimously. 

We plan on weighting all bills equally. I might consider weghting certain bills more heavily, as I think that the spending bills are probably more important than the cofirmation hearings.

I would like to commend you for being the only person to vote against the anti-free trade Darfur bill.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2007, 12:35:47 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2007, 12:21:13 PM by Lt. Gov. South Park Conservative »

Governors Redistrict for Senate Elections
by South Park Conservative

31 July 2007-Yesterday, the governors voted on the new map for the senate districts in the upcoming senate election. The map's inclusion of New York and New Jersey insured that incumbents EarlAW and DWTL will be running against each other in District 1. District 2 has no incumbents, but former Senator Ernest has stated interest in seeking that seat. PBrunsel, BrandonH, and Ebowed will be seeking reelection in Districts 3, 4, and 5, respectively. Lt. Gov. Sensei and Bacon King have shown interest in running against BrandonH.

Environmental Debate Gains Interest

31 July 2007- The National Weekly Atlasian's environmental debate has gained interest among the Atlasian community. The debate, featuring Lt. Gov. Hashemite and Senator DWTL, is discussing a variety of topics, but primarily global warming, the Kyoto Protocol, and it's effect on the economy. This debate is comoderated by yours truly and Lt. Gov. Sensei, and can be found here.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2007, 04:30:41 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2007, 11:30:35 AM by Lt. Gov. South Park Conservative »

As part of the National Weekly Atlasian's election coverage, we will be tracking the candidates for Senate:

District 1
EarlAW*
Polnut

District 2
DWTL*
AndrewCT
Mr. Moderate
Ernest

District 3
PBrunsel*
Afleitch

District 4
BrandonH*
Bacon King

District 5
Ebowed*
King

Bold declared
Italics considering
* Incumbent

The National Weekly Atlasian would like to sponsor Senatorial debates for Districts 2 and 5. The National Weekly Atlasian would also like to sponsor Senatorial debates for Districts 1 and 3 if EarlAW and PBrunsel have a challenger. We refuse to sponsor a Senatorial debate in District 4 unless a non-RPP member would like to comoderate. Scheduling is subject to change.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2007, 08:56:01 PM »

As part of the National Weekly Atlasian's election coverage, we will be tracking the candidates for Senate:

District 1
EarlAW*

District 2
DWTL*
Ernest
Mr. Moderate

District 3
PBrunsel*

District 4
BrandonH*
Bacon King
Sensei

District 5
Ebowed*
King

Bold declared
Italics considering
* Incumbent

The National Weekly Atlasian would like to sponsor Senatorial debates for Districts 2 and 5. The National Weekly Atlasian would also like to sponsor Senatorial debates for Districts 1 and 3 if EarlAW and PBrunsel have a challenger. We refuse to sponsor a Senatorial debate in District 4 unless a non-RPP member would like to comoderate. Scheduling is subject to change.

Unless the NRM runs a candidate in D4, I could possibly put my name for consideration for moderating.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2007, 10:30:13 PM »

Just to put the rumors to rest, I am NOT running for Senate against BrandonH and Bacon King, as it would be an epic, epic loss.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2007, 11:12:59 AM »

Republican Primary in District 2?

02 August 2007-After moving to Maryland to escape certain defeat in a Senate election, Senator DWTL has attracted a challenger-from his own party. AndrewCT, a Republican from Connecticut, has declared that he would run against DWTL in the upcoming District 2 Senate election. So far, King Norris I and AFRNC Vice-Chair Inks have called for a nation-wide Republican primary to decide their endorsement. Most Atlasians have been supportive of this. If the AFRNC does decide to hold a primary, chances are it will provide nothing more than an endorsement. Senator DWTL has stated he would run under the Connecticut for Lieberman banner if he loses the primary. Still, the Republicans will face a tough decision if they have a primary. Do they back the incumbent candidate, or do they back the more electable general election candidate? Either way, this should be exciting if it actually happens, as Atlasia hasn't held a primary in several months.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2007, 01:51:15 PM »

Midwest Absence Leads to Conservative Senate

03 August 2007- The defeat of several bills due to Midwest Senator Lewis Trondheim's absence has made us realize how polarizing the current senate is. The retirement of Senate moderates has lead our 20th Senate to have a Coservative bloc (DWTL, PBrunsel, BrandonH, Keystone Phil, and Sam Spade) and a Liberal bloc (Rob, Lewis Trondheim, EarlAW, Ebowed, and Al). However, because Lewis Trondheim is on a leave of absence, the conservatives have a temporary 5-4 majority.
   The reality of this polarization was even used by President Wixted to predict the voting patterns of the Senate on an amendment to ban federal funding of vouchers. Freshman Senator EarlAW has protested that Lewis's absence gives conservatives an unfair advantage, and that a conservative should recuse himself from voting when a liberal is absent.
   One may wonder what effect this polarization may have on this month's senate elections. In District 2, vulnerable senator DWTL has attracted three moderate challengers for his senate seat, including a member from his own party. This senate divisiveness will only add to DWTL's vulnerability.
   In District 3, moderate former President Afleitch has declared his candidacy against Senator PBrunsel. Despite PBrunsel's popularity, he could be vulnerable in this current partisan climate.
   In District 5, the Wixted administration's attorney general, King, has declared his candidacy against Senator Ebowed. Despite District 5's liberalism, the moderate King could have a chance at winning against Ebowed.
   Will moderation prevail in the upcoming senate elections, or will the Senate partisanship continue? Only time will tell.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2007, 02:09:21 PM »

I object to the mischaracterization in this magazine of me as a member of a conservative bloc.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2007, 02:19:09 PM »

I object to the mischaracterization in this magazine of me as a member of a conservative bloc.

While you are a moderate in theory, your voting record would say otherwise. I never said it was a bad thing, though.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2007, 02:35:05 PM »

While you are a moderate in theory, your voting record would say otherwise. I never said it was a bad thing, though.

I suggest that you look at the actual legislation presented and my actual votes on that legislation. 

The bills I have voted against have been quite far-left in scope and big government in origin at the expense of the Regions.  The bills I have voted for have been moderate in scope and reasonable in construction.  There have been no right-wing bills in the Senate so far this term except DWTL's English-only bill and I am presently opposed to that.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2007, 02:41:11 PM »

I suggest that you look at the actual legislation presented and my actual votes on that legislation. 

The bills I have voted against have been quite far-left in scope and big government in origin at the expense of the Regions.  The bills I have voted for have been moderate in scope and reasonable in construction.  There have been no right-wing bills in the Senate so far this term except DWTL's English-only bill and I am presently opposed to that.

Like I said, I don't consider that the be a bad thing, and I consider it to be good for Atlasia to oppose big government. Also, the other four "conservatives" (BrandonH, PBrunsel, Keystone Phil, and DWTL) all have a voting record similar to yours.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2007, 05:55:56 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2007, 05:05:47 PM by Lt. Gov. South Park Conservative »

Here is the National Weekly Atlasian's debate schedule^:

Aug 5-7: District 2 Senatorial Debate (ask a question)
Participants:
-DWTL
-Ernest
-Mr. Moderate
-AndrewCT
Aug 11-13: District 5 Senatorial Debate (ask a question)
Participants:
-Ebowed
-King
Aug 17-21: District 3 Senatorial Debate
Participants:
-PBrunsel
-Afleitch

*Candidates have yet to confirm attendance.
^Schedule may be subject to change
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2007, 06:06:15 PM »

Here is the National Weekly Atlasian's debate schedule^:

Aug 5-7: District 2 Senatorial Debate (ask a question)
Participants:
*Mr. Moderate

*Candidates have yet to confirm attendance.

I'll confirm.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2007, 06:06:52 PM »

I should have no problem answering questions Aug. 5-7.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2007, 06:09:25 PM »

Aug 11-13: District 5 Senatorial Debate
Participants:
*Ebowed
*King

Sure, I can confirm that.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2007, 06:19:05 PM »

Thank you for confirming your attendance to there debates. I really feel it is good for Atlasia for the voters to really know the candidates.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2007, 06:27:58 PM »

While I'm not that serious of a candidate, I'll confirm, too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies