Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:11:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36
Author Topic: Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 50761 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: February 26, 2020, 06:00:48 PM »

Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #801 on: February 26, 2020, 10:04:14 PM »

He is the gift that keeps coming.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #802 on: February 27, 2020, 12:33:21 AM »

He is indeed. And I just saw yet another Bloomberg ad, in which he has several women who worked for him at his business or in his mayoral administration, testifying to his "respect for women", his efforts to promote them and to reward them, and the fact that he was raised by a "good woman", his widowed mother. I was once again in a fit of laughter. Bloomberg's strategy seems to be, in response to what has been said about the nondisclosure agreements and his harassment of women, to say that "See! I'm not a sexist! I have 15 women here who can testify that I am a gentleman!" Each of those women was paid a handsome sum to "testify" and appear in the ad on his behalf.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #803 on: February 27, 2020, 04:42:53 AM »

holy s**t i love bloomberg now
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #804 on: February 27, 2020, 12:44:20 PM »

Bloomberg should've been blanketing TX with ads about Sierra Blanca for the past few weeks.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #805 on: February 27, 2020, 02:49:02 PM »

Michael Bloomberg’s presidential campaign has made overtures to Democrat Andrew Yang, courting the former candidate’s endorsement and floating the possibility of Mr. Yang becoming his running mate, according to two people familiar with the discussions.

Aides to the former New York City mayor reached out to discuss ways the two entrepreneurs-turned-politicians could work together as Mr. Bloomberg seeks the Democratic nomination, these people said.

Mr. Yang, who dropped out of the race earlier this month, didn’t commit to join forces, as he considers his own political future, a third person familiar with the discussions said.

Mr. Yang didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. A senior Bloomberg aide said Mr. Yang wasn’t being seriously considered to be the former mayor’s running mate if he secured the nomination.

Unamused
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #806 on: February 27, 2020, 06:42:15 PM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #807 on: February 28, 2020, 11:24:08 AM »

It looks like Bloomy's head is photoshopped in, FWIW  Embarrassed
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #808 on: February 28, 2020, 02:40:06 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/bloomberg-says-he-will-run-right-bitter-end-convention-if-n1144421

Billionaire Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg said Thursday he will stay in the presidential race "right to the bitter end" as long as he's got a chance at winning the nomination.

In an interview with NBC News' Kasie Hunt, Bloomberg said "as long as you have a chance of winning," he would "absolutely" stay in the race.

"Why would I spend all of this money, all of this time out of my life, and wear and tear, you know, which I love — incidentally, (it) reminds me of my three campaigns in New York for mayor, which I did like," he told Hunt, the host of "KasieDC." "The difference here is I've got to fly from event to event where there I used to drive from event to event. But yeah sure, I love it, I am going to stay right to the bitter end, as long as I have a chance."

Bloomberg said that if Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., hit the delegate threshold to secure a majority ahead of the Democratic National Convention this summer, then he would not continue his presidential bid. If Sanders had amassed only a plurality, however, Bloomberg says he will keep pressing forward.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #809 on: February 28, 2020, 04:53:28 PM »

NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

« Reply #810 on: February 28, 2020, 06:42:47 PM »

dropping out?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #811 on: February 28, 2020, 08:34:11 PM »

Biden is the most experienced candidate up there. 8 years as VP, right there with Obama. On top of all that time as Senator.

I guess Bloomberg is counting his business / private sector work as "experience."

Experience isn't much of a selling point anymore.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #812 on: February 28, 2020, 11:38:54 PM »

‘I Like This Candidate Now And Will Vote For Him,’ Says Area Man After Having To Watch 12th Bloomberg Ad In Single Day

LEWISTON, ME—Announcing his newfound support for the former New York mayor, local Democratic voter Lucas Butterfield calmly stated, “I like this candidate now and will vote for him,” after seeing a Mike Bloomberg ad for the 12th time in a single day, sources confirmed Thursday. “The ninth ad didn’t really convince me, and I was on the fence for the 10th and 11th, but once I had seen my 12th commercial since waking up this morning, I suddenly realized Mike is the candidate for me,” said Butterfield, who explained that he had initially opposed the former Republican’s candidacy, but after the day’s encounter with a dozen print, TV, radio, billboard, and autoplaying digital ads, it now seemed obvious to him that Bloomberg was “the only man for the job.” “I like Mike. Mike is my candidate of choice. I will go to the polls and cast my ballot for Mike, and I will tell all my friends to vote for Mike too. I support Mike Bloomberg for president in 2020. Only Mike can get it done.” At press time, sources confirmed the man was speaking Bloomberg’s name over and over again with increasing urgency while he repeatedly walked into a wall.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #813 on: February 29, 2020, 12:15:41 AM »

‘I Like This Candidate Now And Will Vote For Him,’ Says Area Man After Having To Watch 12th Bloomberg Ad In Single Day

LEWISTON, ME—Announcing his newfound support for the former New York mayor, local Democratic voter Lucas Butterfield calmly stated, “I like this candidate now and will vote for him,” after seeing a Mike Bloomberg ad for the 12th time in a single day, sources confirmed Thursday. “The ninth ad didn’t really convince me, and I was on the fence for the 10th and 11th, but once I had seen my 12th commercial since waking up this morning, I suddenly realized Mike is the candidate for me,” said Butterfield, who explained that he had initially opposed the former Republican’s candidacy, but after the day’s encounter with a dozen print, TV, radio, billboard, and autoplaying digital ads, it now seemed obvious to him that Bloomberg was “the only man for the job.” “I like Mike. Mike is my candidate of choice. I will go to the polls and cast my ballot for Mike, and I will tell all my friends to vote for Mike too. I support Mike Bloomberg for president in 2020. Only Mike can get it done.” At press time, sources confirmed the man was speaking Bloomberg’s name over and over again with increasing urgency while he repeatedly walked into a wall.

Earlier today, I was watching Judge Judy, and a Bloomberg ad was run twice during the program's duration, featuring Judge Judy speaking at a Bloomberg rally and talking with Bloomberg himself. I find it hilarious that Bloomberg is touting an endorsement from the most prominent TV judge. I almost keeled over at the sight of the ad.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #814 on: February 29, 2020, 03:10:24 PM »

Bloomberg bought three minutes of primetime ad time this Sunday to deliver a "Leadership in Crisis" address:

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #815 on: February 29, 2020, 05:43:01 PM »

Biden is the most experienced candidate up there. 8 years as VP, right there with Obama. On top of all that time as Senator.

I guess Bloomberg is counting his business / private sector work as "experience."

Experience isn't much of a selling point anymore.

Ain't that the truth.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #816 on: February 29, 2020, 11:04:52 PM »

He is finished. Never should have blown $400 million
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 8.09

« Reply #817 on: February 29, 2020, 11:12:12 PM »

I endorse Michael Bloomberg because I want him to spend more.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #818 on: March 01, 2020, 09:03:52 AM »

I just hope that half a billion at least helped to smear Trump a bit.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #819 on: March 01, 2020, 12:22:25 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2020, 01:11:08 PM by GP270watch »

He has an estimated net-worth of 60 billion.

If the median American family spent the equivalent sum, based on their net-worth of $97,300 in an attempt to buy the presidency they would be spending $648. Bloomberg is attempting to buy the presidency of The United States for the price of a budget flat screen TV at Best Buy.

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #820 on: March 01, 2020, 01:35:57 PM »

Mini wants Bernie!  Angry
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #821 on: March 01, 2020, 08:35:47 PM »

Smart move by Mike, will be able to limit Biden's bounce by pivoting to his leadership:

So does this mean he wants to stop-and-frisk Asian-Americans now?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #822 on: March 01, 2020, 08:38:45 PM »

Smart move by Mike, will be able to limit Biden's bounce by pivoting to his leadership:

I think Pete stepped all over this.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #823 on: March 01, 2020, 08:45:21 PM »

Go bloomy. Spend another 500M & show Biden that you are the real corrupt moderate who can get things done.

BTW Bloomberg & Biden now have an ongoing Twitter feud about who wants to cut Social Security more. Biden Team is blasting  Bloomberg for calling SS a Ponzi scheme while Bloomberg team is referencing to Biden's past support for SS cuts.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #824 on: March 01, 2020, 11:48:00 PM »

Nominating him is Trump's best chance at a second term.He might be the only candidate who could get less than 200 EV;s. This guy is a utter charisma vacuum. Not to mention the amount of baggage. The only thing he has going for him is money.

I would concur that basically the only thing he has going for him is money. But in the post citizens united world, not to mention considering the jaw dropping amount of money he has, is a little like saying, "other than that mrs. Lincoln how was the play?"
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies