Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 10:53:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 73
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 162456 times)
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: November 10, 2017, 03:16:54 PM »
« edited: November 10, 2017, 03:19:41 PM by Representative Cactus »

Then they're welcome to be assholes. Let's not stray from the issue at hand. My point is that anyone who thinks that the most objectionable thing about Moore's pedophilia is "snerk snerk bama white trash hicks" is a rape-enabling twat, no matter how Alabama ultimately votes.

But hey, maybe I'm just a snowflake after all. Who knows.

People who vote for Moore and allow him to become a U.S. Senator would be enabling that kind of behavior too. The people of Alabama and 46% of the American electorate have already decided that sexual predation is not a disqualifying trait for a Republican, and if you don’t see that as a problem with society as a whole, then I fundamentally disagree with you.

Of course it's a problem with society as a whole. That's the issue at hand, for Christ's sake, because IceSpear is a part of it. He could be the left-wing representation of it. To him - and not just him, believe me - this whole thing is just a big joke, and an excuse to attack people he doesn't like.

"Someone on the internet made a mean comment about me, so I guess I'll have to vote for the pedophile now."

Tell me when I suggested that, smartass.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1276 on: November 10, 2017, 03:23:42 PM »

Call me a raging social justice warrior snowflake, but I really think that everyone I see in this thread using yesterday's news as a prop to continue their ridiculous, bourgeois elitist circlejerk about states like Alabama and West Virginia are really not much better than Moore.

In other words, I'm calling IceSpear a wanker.

This line of thinking is actually a rationalization that people will use to justify voting for Roy Moore. I don’t think you’re totally cognizant of that.

Then they're welcome to be assholes. Let's not stray from the issue at hand. My point is that anyone who thinks that the most objectionable thing about Moore's pedophilia is "snerk snerk bama white trash hicks" is a rape-enabling twat, no matter how Alabama ultimately votes.

Dude, the issue at hand is Roy Moore's pedophilia and the Alabama Senate race. You're the one who has done nothing but post about me. And while it is flattering, it isn't very relevant. Why exactly do you think one poster on a political forum is a more crucial issue than the hundreds of thousands of Alabama voters that are about to pull the lever for a pedophile? And that will remain the case even if by some miracle he loses overall.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1277 on: November 10, 2017, 03:25:40 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2017, 03:27:36 PM by IceSpear »

Call me a raging social justice warrior snowflake, but I really think that everyone I see in this thread using yesterday's news as a prop to continue their ridiculous, bourgeois elitist circlejerk about states like Alabama and West Virginia are really not much better than Moore.

Yes, making fun of pedophiles is certainly bourgeois and elitist. If they elect this chomo they'll deserve every bit of mockery that's been thrown their way. This isn't a case of "hur dur look at those stupid hicks in flyover country". If the allegations are true, then he's actually a literal child molester.

I have to question when I ever suggested that making fun of pedophiles is the issue here. The issue here, largely, is IceSpear, who doesn't even seem to care about the actual crime Moore committed. For him, it's all a big joke about the white trash. It's all fun, games, and bourgeois chicanery.

But by all means, feel free to keep misreading the intent of my posts if it helps you ignore the elephant's asshole in the room.

Moore's crime was bad. Hundreds of thousands of people (actually millions, if we're counting people outside Alabama) supporting it and/or looking the other way is worse. That makes it a societal disease rather than an individual failure. Plugging your ears, closing your eyes, and pretending it's not there isn't going to make it go away.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1278 on: November 10, 2017, 03:28:01 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2017, 03:52:32 PM by We Have A Pope »

Alabama state rep: Moore’s accusers should be prosecuted

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/359792-alabama-state-rep-roy-moores-accusers-should-be-prosecuted

Hey guys...am I still trolling?

Hey, IceSpear...yes.  What this proves is that some of the folks in the AL Republican Party are pond scum.  That doesn't mean Alabama as a whole is a moral wasteland no matter how much you and your gang of me-too bandwagoners want to use this as an excuse to peddle holier-than-thou keyboard elitism.  It's honestly hard to tell sometimes if you're just someone with some pretty horrible views or if you're a troll who genuinely wants Moore to win because you're that obsessed with your bigoted, unfunny schtick/being at the center of the inevitable classist circlejerk that tends to follow when you make such posts.  Ed Henry is clearly a complete piece of sh!t, to put it mildly.  That doesn't mean everyone in Alabama is a complete monster.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #1279 on: November 10, 2017, 03:30:34 PM »

After thinking about it overnight, my wife and fully hope the citizens of Alabama  will elect Moore.  The Democrats, who for over 40 years supported a man who allowed a young woman to die in pond and helped his nephew tear apart a woman who accused the nephew of rape have no moral standing to attack Moore.  The same folks supported a President who provenly took advantage of a a 21 year old lady, who was accused of  rape and numerous other sexual offenses.  They even wanted to let his wife piggy back him into the White House again.

Where was the Republican leadership in those 40 year not denouncing Kennedy and demanding every year that he leave the Senate.

I registered this summer to post here.  I hesitated because so many of you seem to have so much more knowledge than I do.  This is my first post because I am really angry.

I just spit out my coffee from laughing.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1280 on: November 10, 2017, 03:31:38 PM »

If Moore wins next month are you all going to apologize and say you were wrong about your faith in Alabama?

Yes, but I'll be delivering that apology to you, not the rape-downsizing troll. That a deal?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1281 on: November 10, 2017, 03:35:20 PM »

People who vote for Moore and allow him to become a U.S. Senator would be enabling that kind of behavior too. The people of Alabama and 46% of the American electorate have already decided that sexual predation is not a disqualifying trait for a Republican, and if you don’t see that as a problem with society as a whole, then I fundamentally disagree with you.

Of course it's a problem with society as a whole. That's the issue at hand, for Christ's sake, because IceSpear is a part of it. He could be the left-wing representation of it. To him - and not just him, believe me - this whole thing is just a big joke, and an excuse to attack people he doesn't like.

"Someone on the internet made a mean comment about me, so I guess I'll have to vote for the pedophile now."

Tell me when I suggested that, smartass.

You've said it multiple times now, once in this very post. Equivocating me bashing hicks with being a pedophile or supporting pedophilia. Also, my posts about Alabama aren't so much about hicks as they are about the extreme tribalism and denial of facts/reality that encapsulates the modern day GOP, and most likely the Alabama GOP in particular.

And if anyone is making light of Moore's crimes it is you, by continually making the subject about me rather than him and his millions of supporters. Probably 90% of your posts in this thread have been about me. You need to get your priorities straight.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1282 on: November 10, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/359792-alabama-state-rep-roy-moores-accusers-should-be-prosecuted

Hey, IceSpear...yes.  What this proves is that some of the folks in the AL Republican Party are pond scum.  That doesn't mean Alabama as a whole is a moral wasteland no matter how much you and your gang of me-too bandwagoners want to use this as an excuse to peddle holier-than-thou keyboard elitism.  It's honestly hard to tell sometimes if you're just someone with some pretty horrible views or if you're a troll who genuinely wants Moore to win because you're that obsessed with your bigoted, unfunny schtick/being at the center of the inevitable classist circlejerk that tends to follow when you make such posts.  Ed Henry is clearly a complete piece of sh!t, to put it mildly.  That doesn't mean everyone in Alabama is a complete monster.  You don't have to type with one hand whenever some miserable excuse for a human being defends Moore's actions.
And when Moore wins 57-43?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1283 on: November 10, 2017, 03:41:15 PM »

Hey, IceSpear...yes.  What this proves is that some of the folks in the AL Republican Party are pond scum.  That doesn't mean Alabama as a whole is a moral wasteland no matter how much you and your gang of me-too bandwagoners want to use this as an excuse to peddle holier-than-thou keyboard elitism.  It's honestly hard to tell sometimes if you're just someone with some pretty horrible views or if you're a troll who genuinely wants Moore to win because you're that obsessed with your bigoted, unfunny schtick/being at the center of the inevitable classist circlejerk that tends to follow when you make such posts.  Ed Henry is clearly a complete piece of sh!t, to put it mildly.  That doesn't mean everyone in Alabama is a complete monster.  You don't have to type with one hand whenever some miserable excuse for a human being defends Moore's actions.

Well, I guess we'll see what happens in a month! Something tells me that most people here will be saying things just as bad about Alabama as I have been, if not worse. But without an apology and admission of error of course.

Also, I'm confused about the metrics here. If Jones wins 51-49, is Alabama a moral wasteland? What about if Moore wins 51-49? Either way, hundreds of thousands of voters are going to be knowingly supporting a pedophile, many enthusiastically so.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1284 on: November 10, 2017, 03:44:56 PM »

Can we please avoid another fight about IceSpear's opinion of places like AL/WV?

Seriously. Make a new thread or drop it.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1285 on: November 10, 2017, 03:47:32 PM »

Can we please avoid another fight about IceSpear's opinion of places like AL/WV?

Mod Mom has spoken. Consider it dropped. Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1286 on: November 10, 2017, 03:49:53 PM »

If Moore wins next month are you all going to apologize and say you were wrong about your faith in Alabama?

I certainly won't apologize for not writing off my fellow Americans as a bunch of immoral monsters.  I won't apologize for that anymore than I'd apologize for thinking Trump would lose when it came out that he was a proud sex predator.  Right or wrong, there's no shame in having faith that our better angels will triumph.  

Maybe you think this is a bunch of naive, sentimentalist feel-goodism and if so, fair enough.  But what's the alternative?  Go through life believing most people are horrible and that deep down all anyone cares about is their own selfish interests?  What a miserable, lonely existence.  

I have to believe that at the end of the day, there is always a chance for humanity's fundamental capacity for good to win out.  It doesn't always happen and it may not even happen the majority of the time, but it happens often enough that I don't think I'm crazy for continuing to hope – even in the darkest of times – that people will do the right thing.  You may not like Doug Jones or think the Democrats are even remotely "good," but Roy Moore is clearly an unambiguously evil man.  That is an objective fact and it's not often that the choice is this clear-cut.  Even in 2016, the choice was not as stark as it is in the Alabama Senate race and I genuinely believe that the voters will do the right thing.  

I believe most people mean well at the end of the day even if it's all too easy for even genuinely good to get caught up in something evil such as a racist ideology or all-consuming greed.  Sometimes those things corrupt and destroy formerly decent people until they're nothing but soulless monsters, but sometimes people turn back before it's too late.  And every now and then, at least in my experience, people will surprise you by unexpectedly doing the right thing if you'll just give them the chance.  

TL;DR: No.  I see nothing for me to apologize for even if Moore wins, which I don't think he will btw.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1287 on: November 10, 2017, 03:50:35 PM »

Nobody is saying that Alabama is a moral wasteland. What we are saying is that if/when Moore wins, it will prove that we are living in a post-fact world where the news media has been greatly diminished and what appears to be democratic intensity is in fact unspecific primal emotion exploited by the political class to their own benefit.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1288 on: November 10, 2017, 03:51:37 PM »

Thank you!

Now, back to the actual issue of Moore's pedophilia.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #1289 on: November 10, 2017, 03:53:49 PM »

http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-alabama-senate-race-roy-moore-doug-jones-2017-11

And the race is tied at 46% according to new polling. 82% of respondents have heard of the allegations.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1290 on: November 10, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »

http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-alabama-senate-race-roy-moore-doug-jones-2017-11

And the race is tied at 46% according to new polling. 82% of respondents have heard of the allegations.

And this is why I still have hope. If this poll is remotely true, it means that Jones has jumped quite a bit ahead of the typical 40% ceiling.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1291 on: November 10, 2017, 03:56:10 PM »

Take with a grain of salt since it was a one-day poll, but this is definitely a good sign.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1292 on: November 10, 2017, 03:57:32 PM »

FYI for everyone I supported Mo Brooks not Roy Moore and it was because of this reason.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1293 on: November 10, 2017, 03:58:38 PM »

FYI for everyone I supported Mo Brooks not Roy Moore and it was because of this reason.

You knew Moore was a pedo? You probably should've told the RNC before he won the runoff.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #1294 on: November 10, 2017, 03:59:00 PM »

That's irrelevant if you still support Moore in the general
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1295 on: November 10, 2017, 04:09:34 PM »

That's irrelevant if you still support Moore in the general
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1296 on: November 10, 2017, 04:09:49 PM »

Totally agreed. It's just annoying to listen to at this point.

Pointing out the fact that a pedophile is going to win a state makes you just as bad as the pedophile because "it's annoying"? I think your guys' priorities may be just a bit out of wack. Much like the priorities of Alabama voters.
I'm not equivocating what Roy Moore has done to what you're saying. I'm just pointing out that it's seriously irritating and unhelpful.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1297 on: November 10, 2017, 04:10:04 PM »

Man, you guys think I'm a DINO, just look at Santander.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1298 on: November 10, 2017, 04:14:08 PM »

Totally agreed. It's just annoying to listen to at this point.

Pointing out the fact that a pedophile is going to win a state makes you just as bad as the pedophile because "it's annoying"? I think your guys' priorities may be just a bit out of wack. Much like the priorities of Alabama voters.
I'm not equivocating what Roy Moore has done to what you're saying. I'm just pointing out that it's seriously irritating and unhelpful.

Well, you said "totally agreed" to someone that equivocated that. So I guess you only partly agreed then. Tongue
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1299 on: November 10, 2017, 04:14:54 PM »

Man, you guys think I'm a DINO, just look at Santander.

Santander is a Republican who knows that child molestation is a disqualifier from winning an election for dog catcher, let alone the United States Senate.

Then why does he have a D avatar?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies