Ohio Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:18:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Ohio Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Ohio Megathread  (Read 12714 times)
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2018, 12:21:17 PM »

Remember when Atlas was convinced this was a tossup? Some of the 2017 posts on this race aged horribly.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2018, 05:12:58 PM »

Remember when Atlas was convinced this was a tossup? Some of the 2017 posts on this race aged horribly.

In fairness, 2017 posts assumed a much more competent opponent.

And Mandel wasn't even that strong in the first place.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2018, 05:36:38 PM »

No, because that never happened
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2018, 05:45:58 PM »

I knew all along Sherrod Brown would win big.
Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -6.43

« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2018, 03:33:52 PM »

https://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2018/10/jim_renacci_issues_anonymous_s.html

Lol, Jim Renacci is the sole reason I hope hell is real. 
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2018, 09:30:19 AM »

In an ironic twist, Pelosi's House Majority PAC is making a $54k mail buy in OH-07. The irony is that Harbaugh was the first Democratic candidate to run against Pelosi this cycle.
Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2018, 01:54:27 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2018, 01:58:02 PM by Sherrod Brown Shill »

In an ironic twist, Pelosi's House Majority PAC is making a $54k mail buy in OH-07. The irony is that Harbaugh was the first Democratic candidate to run against Pelosi this cycle.

"Just win, baby."

Really would like to see some polling of the district. Is it usual for HMPAC to make a buy in a Likely R district, or do you think they are seeing good internals?

Also, I'm going to the debate next week, so I will do the usual pet candidate debate analysis here.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2018, 10:19:32 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2018, 10:42:39 PM by THE BuckeyeNut »

HMPAC probably doesnt play in Likely R races all that often, but it is a relatively small buy. I’m dying for some polls from the House races outside of OH-01 (ex: OH-07, OH-10, OH-14) and am frankly shocked there hasn’t been public polling for the OH-12 rematch, which is somehow looking more competitive than OH-01 afterall.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2018, 06:46:04 PM »

Watching the OH-1 debate. It seems to consist completely of just nasty attacks. Aftab needs to get out of the defense zone, but man is it hard when your opponent is on stage accusing you of colluding with terrorists. He did manage to get out a good attack on Chabot about how he's under investigation by the FEC.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2018, 06:56:30 PM »

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2018, 06:57:16 PM »

Chabot has always been a nasty SOB.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2018, 07:00:03 PM »

Watching the OH-1 debate. It seems to consist completely of just nasty attacks. Aftab needs to get out of the defense zone, but man is it hard when your opponent is on stage accusing you of colluding with terrorists.
...yet he's leading by 7 in the NYT poll right now?! F[inks]K OUTTA HERE with that.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2018, 07:14:28 PM »

The Upshot has had trouble polling districts where Democrats are reliant on black voters.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2018, 07:16:50 PM »

Watching the OH-1 debate. It seems to consist completely of just nasty attacks. Aftab needs to get out of the defense zone, but man is it hard when your opponent is on stage accusing you of colluding with terrorists.
...yet he's leading by 7 in the NYT poll right now?! F[inks]K OUTTA HERE with that.

Chabot won by 18 points in 2016, and Aftab has been facing some very bad headlines lately. That said, the NYT polls are underestimating him; I think they're underestimating Dem turnout here, people are HYPED to vote for Aftab. Of course, who knows how things will be after the elections commission hearing on November 1. Even if that goes badly I think he'll be within 5 points though.
Breton Racer
Harrytruman48
Rookie
United States

« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2018, 07:35:30 PM »

If Brown wins by more than 10%, I think he pulls Cordray and Pureval over the top with him. I know Ohio is a state where ticket splitting is still a thing but I don't see Brown winning by 15% and DeWine winning by 2% on the same night.

My prediction would be Brown wins by 13%, Cordray wins by 2% and Pureval sneaks by Chabot by 1-3% in a suprise.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2018, 08:02:55 PM »

The Upshot has had trouble polling districts where Democrats are reliant on black voters any voter who isn't a pasty white.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2018, 08:23:31 PM »

The Upshot has had trouble polling districts where Democrats are reliant on black voters.

Details on that? In a district where 22% of voting age adults are black, this is a problem. Not that I've been taking these Upshot polls of OH-1 all that seriously.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2018, 09:55:35 PM »

And Aftab's response:

Ohioguy29

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2018, 09:59:26 PM »

Meanwhile in the Senate race...

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2018, 10:04:40 PM »

Meanwhile in the Senate race...

His campaign's just been a total dumpster fire and it's amazing.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2018, 10:15:06 PM »

If Brown wins by more than 10%, I think he pulls Cordray and Pureval over the top with him. I know Ohio is a state where ticket splitting is still a thing but I don't see Brown winning by 15% and DeWine winning by 2% on the same night.

My prediction would be Brown wins by 13%, Cordray wins by 2% and Pureval sneaks by Chabot by 1-3% in a suprise.

It would be fantastic if this happened. I will write Renacci a thank you letter if he drags down the rest of the ticket enough to give us the victories we need.
Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2018, 07:43:08 PM »

Pet candidate debate over analyzing incoming!

Just left the Harbaugh-Gibbs debate. Harbaugh spent most of the debate hammering Gibbs on pre-existing conditions while Gibbs gave statistics at about 200 MPH. I guess they where supposed to suggest the economy is doing good but there where some parts where I really couldn't understand him. Gibbs just isn't a great public speaker, which is understandable. The left wing of the audience was very rowdy throughout, which of course led to the climax of the night, when Gibbs told Harbaugh to "keep his constituents under control" (paraphrase) and Harbaugh responded with "They're your constituents too." Harbaugh also hit Gibbs on jokingly comparing his service in Congress to military service. Harbaugh was indirect at sometimes though, but his ability as a debater and Gibbs' inability as a public speaker should make this a no brainer who """won""" the debate.

Despite Harbaugh being a great guy, great candidate, and having a very good performance tonight, I still expect him to lose by high single digits. I really hope he dosen't stop in November though. If he was in say OH-16 then it would be a tossup, if Hagan was the R then maybe even lean or likely d at this point. He has a future in Columbus and I'm hoping even beyond.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2018, 10:14:38 PM »

Just left the Harbaugh-Gibbs debate. Harbaugh spent most of the debate hammering Gibbs on pre-existing conditions while Gibbs gave statistics at about 200 MPH. I guess they where supposed to suggest the economy is doing good but there where some parts where I really couldn't understand him. Gibbs just isn't a great public speaker, which is understandable. The left wing of the audience was very rowdy throughout, which of course led to the climax of the night, when Gibbs told Harbaugh to "keep his constituents under control" (paraphrase) and Harbaugh responded with "They're your constituents too." Harbaugh also hit Gibbs on jokingly comparing his service in Congress to military service. Harbaugh was indirect at sometimes though, but his ability as a debater and Gibbs' inability as a public speaker should make this a no brainer who """won""" the debate.

Despite Harbaugh being a great guy, great candidate, and having a very good performance tonight, I still expect him to lose by high single digits. I really hope he dosen't stop in November though. If he was in say OH-16 then it would be a tossup, if Hagan was the R then maybe even lean or likely d at this point. He has a future in Columbus and I'm hoping even beyond.
Why is Christina Hagan such a bad candidate?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2018, 10:16:25 PM »

BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2018, 10:38:39 PM »

I would love to see Harbaugh ride again, but I think he’s done after this, assuming he loses.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies