The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:53:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 211094 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: October 25, 2013, 12:40:07 PM »

I dreaded the day Sagestalker would discover RAtM.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #851 on: October 25, 2013, 12:51:53 PM »

Nothing says revolution like Sony Music Entertainment, after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17KKBg_jFuk
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #852 on: October 26, 2013, 01:50:55 AM »

Wow, this story made me cry. I wouldn't be surprised if they got the death penalty. When will the racism in this country end?

It will end when it becomes economically unproductive to engage in such behavior.  As long as people feel they gain economically to act this way they will continue to do so.  If I as an economic entity say I refuse to engage in economic activity with group X they must think it is to their benefit.  Once they realize it is to their economic loss to do so they will stop.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #853 on: October 26, 2013, 01:54:21 AM »

jaichind makes me want to punch a baby
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #854 on: October 26, 2013, 09:02:05 AM »

You would only do that if it were economically productive to engage in such behavior.
People do things that they want to and that are economically productive to them but that they know or should know or used to know are wrong. All the effing time.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #855 on: October 26, 2013, 01:20:35 PM »

Sorry Carl, but this was a black mark on the 2000s decade.
I would be so proud if emos were remembered as a top thing about the 2000s.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #856 on: October 26, 2013, 01:25:53 PM »

Jaichind has a point, but only in theory. In predominantly racist areas, it will continue regardless if it is "economically unproductive”. If a “whites only” store opened in a place like San Francisco, it will be out of business in months.

That being said, I still believe in freedom of association, though the story involving the black shoppers in Manhatten has more to do with stop and frisk than institutionalized racism in a department store, so Jaichind’s point is rather moot.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #857 on: October 26, 2013, 01:34:26 PM »

Literal black

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #858 on: October 26, 2013, 01:37:11 PM »

Literal black

Touche.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #859 on: October 26, 2013, 01:38:37 PM »

Context:

Both are very stable Christian parents who put God first. I have a lot of admiration and respect for them.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #860 on: October 26, 2013, 03:06:12 PM »

Children ought to have a better upbringing than under a tribal Roma or Irish Traveller family.
The lack of concern among many families for the educational development of their children is a horrific indication of a backward culture which must modernise.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #861 on: October 26, 2013, 03:18:46 PM »

Children ought to have a better upbringing than under a tribal Roma or Irish Traveller family.
The lack of concern among many families for the educational development of their children is a horrific indication of a backward culture which must modernise.

Is there anything specific about my post that irks you?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #862 on: October 26, 2013, 03:21:57 PM »

Mostly the racism and the implication that children of certain ethnic groups should be removed from their families.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #863 on: October 27, 2013, 01:17:49 AM »

Mostly the racism and the implication that children of certain ethnic groups should be removed from their families.

The operative word is "tribal", which hifly15 intended to use to refer to Gypsies and Travellers who practice the nomadic lifestyle, I presume he has no objections to settled populations.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #864 on: October 27, 2013, 01:58:59 AM »

The operative word is "tribal", which hifly15 intended to use to refer to Gypsies and Travellers who practice the nomadic lifestyle, I presume he has no objections to settled populations.

That...really doesn't make it much better. The phrase 'backward culture which must modernize' is just awful.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #865 on: October 27, 2013, 02:48:56 AM »

That...really doesn't make it much better. The phrase 'backward culture which must modernize' is just awful.

Sounds like an argument straight out of African occupation
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #866 on: October 27, 2013, 04:08:27 AM »

When there are free and sufficient educational facilities available for your children and you refuse to allow them to take part in it then you are a backward people. Kids dont deserve that in the 21st century. This principle also applies to non-Roma families who practice this.
That includes the Amish.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #867 on: October 27, 2013, 07:28:50 AM »

When there are free and sufficient educational facilities available for your children and you refuse to allow them to take part in it then you are a backward people. Kids dont deserve that in the 21st century. This principle also applies to non-Roma families who practice this.
That includes the Amish.

Thanks for posting directly to the Deluge. It saves us all a lot of time.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #868 on: October 27, 2013, 11:31:53 AM »

That includes the Amish.

So does this include homeschoolers (for example), or just families from ethnic and religious groups of which you disapprove?
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #869 on: October 27, 2013, 12:43:11 PM »

This applies to cultures, of which Irish Travellers and Roma are probably most guilty of, where sufficient educational development is denied to many children despite it being available and accessible.
I'm surprised at the lack of concern individuals here have for kids getting an education.

Religious education doesn't count.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #870 on: October 27, 2013, 12:55:14 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2013, 01:00:58 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

It's not that we're unconcerned about the children's education, it's that we're also concerned about the cultures' ways of life and don't think that you--or any of us, really--are in any position whatsoever to categorically define those ways of life as 'backward'. One might say that groups like the Roma and the Travellers ought to ensure that their children have access to the educational resources of the broader culture and advocate for policies to make that possible, without forcing these groups to change their cultures more than is necessary to accomplish whatever standard of access is set (and certainly without forcing them to abandon the traditional manners in which they do educate their children). That's a reasonable, not inherently racist or culturally supremacist position to take. But that is not how policy towards these groups has historically generally worked.

I don't really think it's worth getting into how you say 'religious education doesn't count' immediately after specifically including the Amish, who raise their children the way they do because of their nature as a religious group.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #871 on: October 27, 2013, 01:19:28 PM »

One might say that groups like the Roma and the Travellers ought to ensure that their children have access to the educational resources of the broader culture and advocate for policies to make that possible, without forcing these groups to change their cultures more than is necessary to accomplish whatever standard of access is set (and certainly without forcing them to abandon the traditional manners in which they do educate their children).

That's basically a slightly more sympathetic version of my position; I believe that education, as one of the most basic human rights, must be provided to children, regardless of what culture they belong to. It is completely unacceptable for parents to withdraw their children from school (which is exactly what Roma and Irish Traveller families are guilty of, believe it or not) and this has to change.
An important point to make is that sustaining an education for these children does not "force these groups to change their cultures more than is necessary to accomplish whatever standard of access is set" because these facilities are accessible and free. If "backward" is an inappropriate description of those who practice this, then "selfish" may be a better word.
This is also to blame for the ultra-high unemployment rates of Irish travellers and Roma, which results in such awful cases of poverty and crime within communities, which I'm sure you're aware of.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #872 on: October 27, 2013, 01:31:37 PM »

One might say that groups like the Roma and the Travellers ought to ensure that their children have access to the educational resources of the broader culture and advocate for policies to make that possible, without forcing these groups to change their cultures more than is necessary to accomplish whatever standard of access is set (and certainly without forcing them to abandon the traditional manners in which they do educate their children).

That's basically a slightly more sympathetic version of my position; I believe that education, as one of the most basic human rights, must be provided to children, regardless of what culture they belong to. It is completely unacceptable for parents to withdraw their children from school (which is exactly what Roma and Irish Traveller families are guilty of, believe it or not) and this has to change.

So we shouldn't allow homeschooling? You did just say that "religious education doesn't count", no? And why does education have to be your specific brand of education?
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #873 on: October 27, 2013, 01:35:04 PM »

Homeschooling is fine so long as it provides children with an equally sufficient and adequate educational development as is provided in schools. This doesn't nullify my point.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #874 on: October 27, 2013, 02:05:19 PM »

Dude is a total troll, but still:

Illegal for whites in all cases, Forced abortion for Minorities.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies