Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 09:54:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 166956 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2013, 12:10:19 PM »

bushie as an unemployed, how do you afford all of these fast food visits?  that must get costly.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2013, 12:15:44 PM »

There being "no time" for something while unemployed is pretty offensive.

Not so, PK.  It isn't offensive to help you understand how bad your life is.  Perhaps it is not too late to make some changes. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2013, 02:13:57 PM »

I just got dressed for the evening's festivities.  I will be leaving in 20 minutes to fill my gas tank up and open the church up by 1500.  The wedding party should arrive between 1530-1600 and go into their separate rooms to start changing.  They want to arrive in such a way that the bride and groom do not see each other until she walks down the aisle at roughly 1805.  The guests will start arriving and will be seated starting at 1700.  The wedding ceremony should be over by 1840 and the reception should begin around 1900.  I'm hoping to get everybody to start cleaning up by 2200 so we can put the church back together ready for Sunday Morning Worship.  Like I said, it will be definitely after 2300 before I get home, probably closer to 0000.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2013, 02:24:51 PM »

Bushie needs to get drunk and bang a bridesmaid and tell us about it. We need more entertainment here.

I have this feeling it'll be a dry wedding tonight that he's attending. I couldn't imagine anything worse.

This being a church, there will be no alcohol at the reception.

Most churches have alcohol in the service.

Not this one.  We are a very conservative and very traditional church, so no alcohol allowed on church grounds at any time.

That's neither 'very conservative' nor 'very traditional'.
The wine, along with the cracker, is the most critical part of the traditional service, isn't it? How can Bushie be unaware of this?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2013, 02:33:41 PM »

Bushie needs to get drunk and bang a bridesmaid and tell us about it. We need more entertainment here.

I have this feeling it'll be a dry wedding tonight that he's attending. I couldn't imagine anything worse.

Not this one.  We are a very conservative and very traditional church, so no alcohol allowed on church grounds at any time.

The wine, along with the cracker, is the most critical part of the traditional service, isn't it? How can Bushie be unaware of this?

We're not having communion today.  Just the regular wedding ceremony.  We do have communion quite regularly, though, maybe once every other month.  We use grape juice instead of real wine.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »

Not this one.  We are a very conservative and very traditional church, so no alcohol allowed on church grounds at any time.

It's certainly not traditional in any respect, but I would associate it with being very politically conservative.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2013, 03:10:50 PM »

No alcohol at a wedding.  Wow. That's Oklahoma I guess.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »

My father has a story he likes to tell about an alcohol-free Baptist wedding he attended in Texas during his younger days. He left as soon as the ceremony concluded, and who could blame him?
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2013, 04:16:21 PM »

I attend a baptist church but we are not southern baptist at all. But lots of weddings of people from our church now have alcohol. Receptions held at the actual church can't have alcohol at all but you just have your reception at a hall somewhere. I actually haven't been to a dry wedding though but I have only been to 4 weddings but only 2 were Baptist ones with people from my church. I think one wedding where I was invited but didn't go to may have been dry. I still would have gone because I would have known a lot of people at least causally. I have heard that lots of people are cutting full bars and only having beer wine and champagne due to costs, It can cost a few grand to have a full bar for 150 people. The wedding that I was in only had beer, wine and champagne due to cost and the bride didn't want a lot of really drunk people and there were some family that would. I think only having beer, wine and champagne is fine.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2013, 05:14:33 PM »

I think its high time the CIA recommences LSD spraying via drone over Oklahoma
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »

Gosh, you spin things so much, Bushie. But we all know you're just hiding behind seeing your friends as justifying your decision to go to McDonalds. You didn't expect to see them there. You just got lucky. You went there with a quarter pounder on your mind and nothing more.

Just admit you wanted to eat at McDonalds and move on. Seriously. I think all of us would be okay with that instead of shamelessly lying and making up excuses like you normally do. If you were serious about dieting and being healthier, you would've made the effort to do so.

Like tonight - I had a walk on the wild side, eating doughnuts and barbecue for dinner. I did it because dammit, I wanted to.

Okay, yes, I did have a Quarter Pounder on my mind.  That chicken sandwich was awful the other night.  I had to rectify that!

the other night you said you enjoyed the chicken sandwich.

I suspect there's a fair chance that he didn't have a chicken sandwich.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2013, 06:34:58 PM »

The worst thing about Inks's insane jail warden act is that it's impossible to put him on ignore.

Jail warden act?  Is that hacker code for something?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2013, 06:38:16 PM »

Jeff, you have admitted to being bipolar.  How can you say, "I am in great mental health.  I'm fine."?  Name one thing I have said that is untrue.  You can't.  Because there is nothing untrue in what I've said.  I'm not giving you a diagnosis.  I'm pointing out that you've admitted to some pretty serious issues that should really get checked out.  And these are issues that YOU have admitted to (other than conning your parents out of money... although I think you know it).

Did you go to the Star Trek movie and yell at the screen that you can't travel faster than light?

Hey... he keeps saying I'm not telling the truth.  Everything that I've said is true.  When Jeff is dead before the age of 50, it won't be because I didn't try to get him to seek some help.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2013, 06:40:46 PM »

The worst thing about Inks's insane jail warden act is that it's impossible to put him on ignore.

If Inks was my father I'd slit my wrists.

Should I draw your bath for you, or would you like to do that?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2013, 06:58:53 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2013, 07:00:59 PM by Χahar »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »

Awwwww. Inks feels picked on.  You can post sh**t that's death post worthy but can't take a few arrows yourself. Poor Nathan.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2013, 07:04:28 PM »

Awwwww. Inks feels picked on.  You can post sh**t that's death post worthy but can't take a few arrows yourself. Poor Nathan.

I don't feel picked on at all.  I just think that after all the harping you used to do on Jeff, you don't really have room to talk.  I really couldn't care less what you think about me.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2013, 07:10:43 PM »

I don't feel picked on at all.  I just think that after all the harping you used to do on Jeff, you don't really have room to talk.  I really couldn't care less what you think about me.

Harping isn't vicious personal attacks and I interject plenty if humor as well. You are flat out nasty.  But as you noted my opinion of you doesn't matter so no need for more back and forth I suppose.  Put me on iggy since I can't put you on it here, sadly.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2013, 07:48:30 PM »

I think most folks find bushie much more endearing than inks.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2013, 08:06:21 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2013, 08:30:26 PM by Gravis Marketing »

Hey... he keeps saying I'm not telling the truth.  Everything that I've said is true.  When Jeff is dead before the age of 50, it won't be because I didn't try to get him to seek some help.

Whether or not his health is in danger is completely out of your hands. Sometimes I try and others do to guide different choices, but really, it's entirely beyond our control. We have literally years of evidence for that. So knowing that, and knowing how unhappy he must be, it's really hard to stand by while you blast him.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2013, 09:24:57 PM »

I think most folks find bushie much more endearing than inks.
This is certainly true. I did a poll about it not long ago. I'm not much of a psychologist, but surely there's some broader point to be made about life and what people value.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2013, 09:52:01 PM »

Wow, several posts with Inks in the hot seat.  I can't say that I'm too disappointed by it!  Haha, Inks, you're a good friend.  Much of what you say flies in one ear and out the other, but even though I defend myself, I know deep down you only want the best for me.  Same goes with the rest of you.  Sometimes, it is very hard to take, but you are a good friend, Inks.  I feel blessed every day I come onto the forum.  Again, the criticism is hard to take, and sometimes I try to rebut, but I know you all only want the best for me.  That's why I play along on occasion and come back with some admittedly weak humorous zingers.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2013, 09:55:36 PM »

Wow, several posts with Inks in the hot seat.  I can't say that I'm too disappointed by it!  Haha, Inks, you're a good friend.  Much of what you say flies in one ear and out the other, but even though I defend myself, I know deep down you only want the best for me.  Same goes with the rest of you.  Sometimes, it is very hard to take, but you are a good friend, Inks.  I feel blessed every day I come onto the forum.  Again, the criticism is hard to take, and sometimes I try to rebut, but I know you all only want the best for me.  That's why I play along on occasion and come back with some admittedly weak humorous zingers.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2013, 09:57:21 PM »

Anyway, the wedding is over and the bride and groom are off on their weekend honeymoon.  They're just staying at a hotel in Oklahoma City, I think for the weekend and taking a trip later.

As for my first time, I did not stutter at all, my voice was clear and confident and loud enough to project without a mic (we don't have lapel mics in our church), although my hands were shaking due to the nervousness.  The entire ceremony only lasted 20 minutes and the reception was over by 2030.  Everyone has told me I did a great job, but what was most important, the bride was happy.  That's all that matters!  The second thing that matters is the groom was happy.  The third thing that matters is the bride's father was happy!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2013, 10:21:48 PM »

Not this one.  We are a very conservative and very traditional church, so no alcohol allowed on church grounds at any time.

It's certainly not traditional in any respect, but I would associate it with being very politically conservative.

Touché.

Anyway, the wedding is over and the bride and groom are off on their weekend honeymoon.  They're just staying at a hotel in Oklahoma City, I think for the weekend and taking a trip later.

Do you know where they're going for their trip?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If three things ranked in descending order matter, why is the first of them 'all that matters'?

Does it matter whether or not the bride's mother or the groom's parents were happy? If not, why not?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies