2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:55:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25
Author Topic: 2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 92862 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2013, 06:53:04 PM »

OOC: Mine will be up tomorrow, I have been incredibly busy.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2013, 07:06:03 PM »

This timeline is amazing. I would like to run as Strom Thurmond Tongue
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2013, 08:25:24 PM »

If Tomorrow is the day, great, I'll get this done. If today is the final day, I would like to ask for a one day extension to finish this big work in progress.
I've actually already stated in the past that every turn lasts three days now, so you should be fine.

I am requesting an extra day to fill in the blanks here.
You got it. On second thought, I'll also just extend a regular turn to last three days now. That should be helpful for you all.

I forgot when the turn started Sad
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2013, 08:57:24 PM »

No worries, happens to us all.

I'll be releasing some debate questions for the Republicans to answer after the next update, so look forward to that. Make sure you keep putting some time into your answers and your schedules, as that could make or break your campaign in such a tight race.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2013, 09:16:10 PM »

I'll be releasing some debate questions for the Republicans to answer after the next update, so look forward to that. Make sure you keep putting some time into your answers and your schedules, as that could make or break your campaign in such a tight race.

OOC; Don't you mean us two lonely Democrats... we haven't had a debate yet, and last I checked Sen. Kerry wasn't going anywhere...
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2013, 09:22:11 PM »

OOC; Don't you mean us two lonely Democrats... we haven't had a debate yet, and last I checked Sen. Kerry wasn't going anywhere...
Thing is, I want to first see Kerry actually post again before I go with that. A one-man debate would be amusing, though.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2013, 08:31:23 AM »

How would a racist like Jesse Helms endorse an openly pro-civil rights guy like Kemp?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2013, 08:43:03 AM »

How would a racist like Jesse Helms endorse an openly pro-civil rights guy like Kemp?

Race wasn't Helms only issue maybe? Helms was a flat taxer, like Kemp. A lot of Kemp's major campaign planks have been economic policy. Helms is deeply pro-life, and so is Jack Kemp. Strange, true, Weld and Helms are both endorsing Kemp, but it's more of an Establishment Republicans following suit sort of a thing I think.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2013, 10:54:03 AM »
« Edited: September 27, 2013, 06:03:40 PM by Midwest Governor Lumine »

Vice President Dan Quayle's Schedule: (December 12-December 18)Sad

"And now we are competitive everywhere! If that doesn't show the strength of the Quayle 2000 effort, nothing will. Money is flowing in, we are opening new offices, and our polls keep going up. To address General Powell's big efforts in Iowa, and I taking a bus tour as well, that changes the town halls for barnstorming activities. I'll be travelling with Governors Wilson and Bush as well."

December 12th:

Rally in Des Moines, IA.
Barnstorming Iowa City, IA.
Barnstorming
Barnstorming Burlington, IA.
Town Hall in Clinton, IA

"Marilyn and I have been happily married for a very long time. Sure, our family is not perfect, but what family is? It was hard to take care of the family while I was Vice President, but you can always manage to do it as long as you give your best effort. If we give our best effort, if we are aided by a coherent fiscal policy, if we allow parents to take care of what's really important, our quality of life will increase dramatically."

December 13th:

Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Barnstorming Dubuque, IA.
Barnstorming Marshalltown, IA.
Barnstorming Ottumwa, IA.
Town Hall in Newton, IA.

"Take a stand with me, Iowa, take a stand against the media, against Bill Clinton, against the Democratic Party, against weakness and dishonor in our country. I'm asking you to stand with me so our effort can achieve sucess and win this primary. Winning Iowa will not end the primary, but it will give us a really important boost. We need your help."

December 14th:

Rally in Davenport, IA.
Barnstorming Council Bluffs, IA
Barnstorming Fort Dodge, IA.
Barnstorming Muscatine, IA.
Town Hall in Indianola, IA.

"Hi, how are you? I suppose you must have seen me in my early stops here, sometimes I feel like I shaked every hand in Iowa. See, I understand that voters may get a little bit tired after a while, but I believe that we have to say our message loud and clear and all the times it's necessary for people to understand what we want. And I'll continue to campaign here."

December 15th:

Rally in Ames, IA.
Barnstorming Ankeny, IA.
Barnstorming Coralville, IA.
Barnstorming Johnston, IA.
Town Hall in Anamosa, IA.

"We must take the hard road if we want to suceed at all in this new century that is dawning upon us. We face challenges, we face trouble, but we will face them with optimism and confidence on the message of success and opportunity that America has. Yes, we can have a stronger foreign policy, yes, we can save our family, and yes, we can restore honor to the White House."

December 16th:

Rally in Sioux City, IA.
Barnstorming Urbandale, IA.
Barnstorming Clive, IA.
Barnstorming Altoona, IA.
Town Hall in Vinton, IA.

"All early states show us different sides of the Republican Primary electorate. New Hampshire gives us a message of economic responsibility, South Carolina gives us a mix of family values and the economy, Florida and Nevada have immigration issues and foreign policy, and in Iowa you can find thousands of social conservatives that worry about the state of our family. I'm fighting for all of you, but I think social conservatives do prefer me in some way or another."

December 17th:

Rally in Waterloo, IA.
Barnstorming Marion, IA.
Barnstorming Bettendorf, IA.
Barnstorming Mason City, IA.
Town Hall in Red Oak, IA.

"Right now, when I stand before you after spending such great days in Iowa, I think of the challenges I had to face, and the challenges America faces now. I face what you may call a problem with media perception, and so does the United States of America, that right now has a complicated relationship whit most of the free world. And I was thinking, if I can overcome ridicule on this race, America can most certainly challenge worldwide perceptions."

December 18th:

Meeting with Governor John Kasich in Cincinnati, OH. (Seeking endorsement)
Meeting with Former Speaker Newt Gingrich in Atlanta, GE. (Seeking endorsement)
Fundraisers in Texas with George HW Bush.
Coordinating campaign efforts with Quayle team in Phoenix, AZ.

"Alright, I want campaign offices in all early states, even Florida and Alaska. I know, we will have to take resources we were planning to use on Super Tuesday, but it's worth a try. I want our campaign to be the strongest one when it comes to ground game, and we are not losing to Kemp in that. Understood? Great, gentlemen, let's get to work!"

Quayle Surrogates:

Pete Wilson campaigns with Quayle in Iowa Tour:

"As a former Presidential candidate four years ago I can tell you; it's not easy to run for President. It's hard, you get a lot of fire from the press and your fellow candidates, and it takes a lot of effort to pull out wins. And the Vice President has to overcome that and other major issues from his past, and he is doing a great job. I think he has successfully vindicated himself already by running a great campaign."

Bush hits the trail in Iowa:

"I think Dan is doing pretty well on this race, and he has some very tough competition. The current field has many qualified candidates, just look at General Powell, but I think that Dan should get the nomination for a series of qualities he has: positive leadership, real conservative views, experience and record of getting things done. Iowa knows that."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2013, 12:44:22 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2013, 05:39:06 PM by Midwest Governor Lumine »

Quayle 2000:

December 18th:

At Quayle 2000 National Headquarters in Phoenix, AZ, Mr. Craig Whitney, Quayle's Press Secretary gave the press an update on the current state of the Vice President's campaign, and he released a memo to political operatives as well. Let's take a brief look at the announcements Mr. Whitney made today:

-Infraestructure:

-At least six campaign offices in Iowa (Ames, Dubuque, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Urbandale and Sioux City) and New Hampshire (Manchester, Nashua, Concord, Rochester, Salem and Dover), three in South Carolina (Charleston, Columbia and Summerville), and now one in Anchorage, AK, Las Vegas and Reno, NV and Miami and Jacksonville, FL. With more campaign offices to be opened soon, the campaign hopes to get the best ground game by early January.

-Three to four buses are ready for the campaign to create a caravan, that Mr. Quayle will be using in a tour series "Southern Tour", beginning next week.

-Staff:

-Richard Norman, the Chief Fundraiser Officer, announces that the campaign will start an ambitious fundraising program so ads can be launched every two weeks in the early states.

-David J. Doyle, Former Chairman of the Michigan Republican Party, will join the Quayle team to coordinate the ground game efforts in the early primary states as "Senior Strategist", outranking most of the team with the exception of Campaign Manager Kyle McSlarrow and fellow Senior Strategist John McConnell.

-Deputy Campaign Manager John Peshong is now in charge of the late primary states that begin voting on March 9, and he is now working closely with Governor Pete Wilson from the state of California, that is being targeted now by the campaign.

-When it comes to the early states, Mr. Doyle has decided that Former Gov. John Sununu, having available time, is to be named Co-Chief of Operations in New Hampshire, aiding John McConnell in the task to create a solid Quayle crew down there. At the same time, Gary Geipel and Tom Hudson, the political strategists behind Mr. Quayle's organization during the Iowa Straw Poll, will be leading efforts in Iowa along with the Iowa Chief of Operations, Keith Formann.

-Polling:

-Kellyanne Fitzpatrick, Quayle's pollster, announced that new internal polls have Quayle ahead in Iowa by two to three points, and tied for first place in New Hampshire and South Carolina. They also show that the campaign has strong second places in Florida, Nevada and Alaska, disproving the myth that Vice President Quayle only has Iowa as a launching pad.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2013, 09:38:43 PM »

DAMN IT QUAYLE
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2013, 09:47:58 PM »

(Evil laughter)

To be honest, I don't plan on making such detailed schedules forever, but one or two won't hurt at all...
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2013, 05:58:26 PM »

John Kerry Schedule for November 28th
"The polls have got us down nearly 30 points. General Clark and Senator Mikulski's withdrawal has given the Daschle campaign that the way to build on their support is to tear the other candidate down. Sounds great. Why tell voters why they should vote for you, when you could tell them why they shouldn't vote for me. That's the slash-and-burn politics that Newt Gingrich and the Republicans employ. Not Democrats."

-9:00 AM: Meet & Greet in Des Moines, IA
-11:00 AM: Town Hall in Des Moines, IA
-1:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Altoona, IA
-2:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Altoona, IA
-4:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Ames, IA
-6:00 PM: Debate in Ames, IA

-9:00 AM: Meet & Greet in Grimes, IA
-11:00 AM: Town Hall in Grimes, IA
-1:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Runnells, IA
-2:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Runnells, IA
-4:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Elkhart, IA
-6:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Elkhart, IA
"Here's my vision for America in the 21st Century. I believe in a system of Universal Healthcare, in the mold of Medicare. The United States is the only industrialized country with such a failure of a system. We pay the most for coverage, and get the worst of it. Second, invest in education. All these standardized tests don't help. We need to focus on ways to better assess student ability, as well as teacher ability."

Flight to New Hampshire
-9:00 AM: Meet & Greet in Nashua, NH
-11:00 AM: Town Hall in Nashua, NH
-1:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Deering, NH
-2:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Deering, NH
-4:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Brookline, NH
-6:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Brookline, NH
-8:00 PM: Town Hall in Brookline, NH

12/15/1991
-9:00 AM: Meet & Greet in Mason, NH
-11:00 AM: Town Hall in Mason, NH
-1:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Mason, NH
-2:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Pelham, NH
-4:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Pelham, NH
-6:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Hollis, NH
-8:00 PM: Town Hall in Hollis, NH
"I fundamentally believe in an American Century. The year 2000 will it before us many important challenges, but it believe that we'll face them down and lead the world. But in order to do that, we've got to focus on investing here at home. My plan does a better job than any candidate in this race, and I believe I'd do a better job."

12/16/1999
-9:00 AM: Meet & Greet in Dover, NH
-11:00 AM: Town Hall in Dover, NH
-1:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Lincoln, NH
-2:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Lincoln, NH
-4:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Bedford, NH
-6:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Bedford, NH
-8:00 PM: Town Hall in Bedford, NH

12/17/1999
-9:00 AM: Meet & Greet in Concord, NH
-11:00 AM: Town Hall in Concord, NH
-1:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Lexington, NH
-2:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Lexington, NH
-4:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Durham, NH
-6:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Durham, NH
-8:00 PM: Town Hall in Hampton Beach, NH
"We're still in this race. A coronation is not what Primaries are for. I'm going to visit all 50 states in the union, and I'm gonna explain to them my vision for the next American Century. That'll prove the pundits wrong. That'll show them that we really mean business."

12/18/1999
-9:00 AM: Meet & Greet in Milford, NH
-11:00 AM: Town Hall in Milford, NH
-1:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Hanover, NH
-2:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Hanover, NH
-4:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Derry, NH
-6:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Derry, NH
-8:00 PM: Town Hall in Salem, NH
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »

Ed Rollins: The Kemp Campaign ain't like nothing like his 88 Campaign!

Upstate New York -- The Kemp campaign, run again by Ed Rollins, has pushed the idea that the campaign is totally different than the 88 campaign. Several reports, and Rollins own word, had portrayed the 88 Kemp campaign as one of very little discipline. Rollins noted the changes in a press conference: "Communications with donors have been solid, we have great infrastructure in key states, and our messaging is much stronger."

Some campaign staffers have noted a singular message, but unlike the 88 Campaign, Kemp has been held in some sort of restraint. Current fundraising numbers have Kemp ahead but slipping, with the Quayle organization flying high amongst grass roots numbers, while Powell and McCain find themselves slightly behind.

Majority Whip Don Nickles endorses Jack Kemp

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Second in the command in the GOP controlled Senate, Don Nickles, has just endorsed Jack Kemp. This came as a shock to many, noting the Senators strongly conservative record. However, Nickles endorsement, along with that of the aging Senator Jesse Helms, puts Kemp in the place of the establishment candidate. Nickles noted in his endorsement: "Kemp is a hero amongst conservatives. Immigration is an honest disagreement we can have. The 11th commandment, though shall not speak ill of fellow conservatives, is something I follow. I just know, in my heart, that Jack Kemp can best fix this nation."

Kemp Internals: Strength in New Hampshire

Kemp Internal - New Hampshire:
28% Jack Kemp
26% Colin Powell
22% Dan Quayle
15% John McCain
9% Undecided
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2013, 02:17:00 AM »

The week of December 19-25 begins now.

Democrats (National)
Tom Daschle - 47%
John Kerry - 30%
Jesse Jackson - 16%
Undecided - 7%

Democrats (Iowa)
Tom Daschle - 53%
John Kerry - 32%
Jesse Jackson - 10%
Undecided - 5%

Democrats (New Hampshire)
John Kerry - 41%
Tom Daschle - 38%
Jesse Jackson - 13%
Undecided - 8%

Democrats (Delaware)
John Kerry - 46%
Tom Daschle - 37%
Jesse Jackson - 9%
Undecided - 8%

Republicans (National)
Jack Kemp - 29%
Dan Quayle - 28%
Colin Powell - 27%
John McCain - 12%
Undecided - 4%

Republicans (Iowa)
Dan Quayle - 31%
Jack Kemp - 29%
Colin Powell - 26%
John McCain - 10%
Undecided - 4%

Republicans (New Hampshire)
Colin Powell - 29%
Jack Kemp - 27%
Dan Quayle - 23%
John McCain - 17%
Undecided - 4%

Republicans (Delaware)
Colin Powell - 36%
Jack Kemp - 29%
Dan Quayle - 20%
John McCain - 8%
Undecided - 7%

Republicans (South Carolina)
Colin Powell - 31%
Jack Kemp - 26%
Dan Quayle - 25%
John McCain - 14%
Undecided - 4%

While Tom Daschle is still the favorite for the Democrats, he is now beginning to face stiffer competition as the first primaries near. An invigorated John Kerry hit the campaign trail and made his case, running as the underdog and having a thoroughly progressive platform to back him up. Meanwhile, a surprise late entry by civil rights activist Jesse Jackson, who came in second in the 1988 primaries, has shaken up the race further. Jackson's main base of strength comes in the southern states, as has been the case in his last two campaigns, but can he expand upon his base and possibly even win the nomination?

Jack Kemp continues to have trouble maintaining his lead despite a wide array of endorsements and the most optimal campaign infrastructure out of the Republican candidates, with him trailing in the earliest primaries. Dan Quayle, who barnstormed Iowa all throughout the week, has also been putting time with establishing offices in other states, which has boosted his campaign's organization. Colin Powell has held steady with leads in Delaware, New Hampshire, and South Carolina, and is also leading in the majority of New England due to large support among moderates.

Endorsements
Tom Daschle: Rob Andrews, Joe Baca
Dan Quayle: John Kasich, Newt Gingrich

Debate Questions (Democrats)
1. To all candidates, what would you do to keep Social Security solvent?

2. To all candidates, what have you disagreed the most with the Clinton administration on?

3. Senator Daschle, some in recent weeks have complained that your campaign has gone too negative against others. How do you respond to these allegations?

4. Senator Kerry, as an underdog in this race, you've been trying to separate yourself from Senator Daschle to the voters. What kinds of issues will you be focusing on for the rest of this campaign?

5. Reverend Jackson, you're known for being a divisive figure and someone who has only served as a shadow senator for DC in the world of politics. Are you running to bring a message across, or are you running to actually win?

Debate Questions (Republicans)
1. To all candidates, since the government is currently running a surplus with how much revenue is coming in, what would you do with that surplus?

2. To all candidates, what are your thoughts on the foreign policy that the Clinton administration has pursued? Is it justified to engage in interventions for humanitarian reasons in places like Kosovo?

3. Secretary Kemp, you have been perceived as the frontrunner for a long time, but you have recently slipped to Vice President Quayle and General Powell in some of the latest state polls. Are you confident that you have what it takes to rebound?

4. Vice President Quayle, you're truly the comeback kid of this cycle. You're now second nationally and might very well win the nomination, but many are doubting that you have what it takes to compete in a general election. Can you reassure those who are skeptical that you are an electable choice nationwide?

5. General Powell, you're very competitive in the polls and you have high favorability ratings, but some have noted that you haven't been talking about specifics on the issues in your campaign speeches as much as they would like to see. How do you respond to these claims?

6. Senator McCain, you're widely viewed as a maverick in the Senate, bucking from the Republican establishment a good amount of the time. This independent streak may be good in a general election, but can you assure conservatives in this party that you're still one of them?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »

John Kerry Debate Answers

"Good evening. I'd like to thank you all for coming tonight, and listening to our solutions for continuing the progress made under the Clinton Administration, and finding ways to improve on it. I'd like to thank Senator Daschle, for taking the time from his busy campaign to meet me here. And Reverend Jackson, welcome to the race."

1. "Social Security is not set to go "bankrupt", and I use that term loosely, until at least 2030. Now, in order to forestall that collapse, I've put forward a set of reforms. Chief among them would be raising the Payroll Cap to $200,000. I'd also reduce the number of benefits slightly for higher wage earners. And finally, I'd raise the retirement age to 68, but exempt low wage workers."

2. "My strongest disagreement with the Clinton Administration would have to be their foreign policy. I do not believe that America should be the world's police force. As we've seen in our interventions in Kosovo and Bosnia, there are roles for America to play. But before we can invest abroad, we need to finish the work here at home."

3. "My focus on this campaign will be the working class. I'll be working to provide a successful education to every child. I'd ensure the right of every American to health insurance through opening Medicare to all. We've seen great progress under the Clinton/Gore Administration, but it's time to elect a Kerry Administration to build on it!"
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2013, 12:37:09 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2013, 01:20:05 PM by Senator Maxwell »

Jack Kemp Debate Answers

"I want to thank everyone for coming out to debate. Special thanks goes out to the moderate, Vice President Quayle, General Powell, and Senator McCain. This is how the voters can truly become a part of the Democratic process."

"Well, as you know, we've been maintaining a good level of economic growth. Some of the de-regulatory policies of the administration, obviously, are to thank for that. What I would do with the surplus is very simple: give back the people their own money. Surplus's are merely the government taking more money than they should from the people!"

I don't think Kosovo was well handled, but at least before, I considered myself an interventionist or even a neoconservative in foreign policy. However, recently I have had a change of heart on foreign policy. It's time we started to pull back our troops and focus on domestic policy. I know I'll face some disagreement on that, but I believe that is the gods honest truth."

"Let's be honest: The reason why I am having trouble holding my lead is because I am leading. The electorate, and they have the right to do this, is searching around, looking at the candidates, liking what they see. Obviously, I think we have a great field of candidates, but I think these voters will have a lot to think about. Yes, they have social values, and I think I am the most Pro-Life person on this stage, they want an economic conservative, and I am the most economically conservative man on this stage. However, they also want someone who can win on November, and I am someone who the right beliefs and skill set to do so!"
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2013, 01:11:35 PM »

Daschle Campaign
Debate answers

Thank you, for letting me into this debate. I welcome Senator Kerry back to the race, and Reverend Jackson to this melee a trios.

1.  I would raise the minimum retirement age to seventy and add COLA increases. I would also spend about half of Social Security's budget on SSI as we have a need to protect the vulnerable and those who cannot advocate for themselves.

2.   I believe that the the Lewinsky scandal is my strongest issue because it showed that Bill Clinton had a pattern of behavior, that makes it inappropriate for one to support him. However, it was not grounds for impeachment because it is not a high crime and the definition of a misdemeanor is too vague.

3.  Unfortunately, going negative has been proven as the path to win a nomination or general election, however I have no doubt that Senator Kerry or Reverend Jackson, whatever ads I air, would make excellent nominees and very good Presidents

Schedule

December 19, 1999
                                  Rally at John Anson Ford Amphitheater in Los Angeles, California
                                  Rally at Paso Robles Event Center in Paso Robles, California
                                   Rally in San Luis Obispo, California

December 20
                                    Rally in Chico, California
                                     Rally in Montecito, California
                                     Fundraiser at Santa Barbara Museum of art, Santa Barbara, California
                                      Rally in Chatsworth, California

December 21
                                      Rally in Duinsmuir, California
                                      Rally in Klamath Falls, Oregon
                                      Rally at Vince Genna Stadium, in Bend, Oregon
                                       Rally in Redmond, Oregon
December 22                   
                                       Rally at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City, Utah
                                        Meet with Salt Lake City mayor Deedee Corradini (seeking endorsement)
                                        Rally in Bancroft, Idaho
                                        Rally in Idaho Falls, Idaho

December 23,
                                        Rally in Bozeman Montana
                                        Rally in Missoula, Montana
                                        Rally in Mesa, Arizona

December 24,                    Interview with Jerusalem Report editor David Horovitz on American Policy regarding Israel (from Rapid City, South Dakota)
                                         Midnight Mass in Rapid City, South Dakota

December 25
                                         Rally in Gainesville, Florida
                                         Rally in Mobile, Alabama
                                         Rally in Normal, Illinois
                                         Rally in Ames, Iowa                   

New Ad airing in, Iowa and New Hampshire
Jeanne Shaheen/Tom VilsackTom Daschle can take anyone on, it doesn't matter who runs against him
Yes that's true, but first we have to win the nomination first. And I need your help to do so. And so on January 24 /February 1 I look forward to receiving your vote.

Internal Polls

Iowa

Daschle 60%
Kerry 31%
Jackson 5%

New Hampshire

Daschle 43%
Kerry 43%
Jackson 9%

Delaware

Daschle 44%
Kerry 43%
Jackson 9%

Florida

Daschle 48%
Jackson 29%
Kerry 17%

California

Daschle 52%
Kerry 22%
Jackson 20%

Montana

Daschle 56%
Kerry 31%
Jackson 7%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »

OOC; could I have polls of California, Florida and Alabama?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2013, 01:19:12 PM »

I will have my update by tomorrow.
Sorry.

--NHI
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »

OOC; could I have polls of California, Florida and Alabama?
Democrats (California)
Tom Daschle - 45%
John Kerry - 29%
Jesse Jackson - 17%
Undecided - 9%

Democrats (Florida)
Tom Daschle - 44%
Jesse Jackson - 25%
John Kerry - 21%
Undecided - 10%

Democrats (Alabama)
Jesse Jackson - 43%
Tom Daschle - 34%
John Kerry - 15%
Undecided - 8%
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2013, 08:15:28 PM »

I'm not a great fan of schedules, actually I hate them. So I inted to post more some commentaries, debate answers, rallies and stuff, but just a little bit of Schedules... Really, I'm starting to hate them Tongue
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2013, 08:36:14 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2013, 08:38:03 PM by SoIA Superique »

Reverend Jackson strikes back! (Debate Answers)

1. To all candidates, what would you do to keep Social Security solvent?

My solution to Social Security is simple! I support a Lockbox to stop government from picking money of our retirement system and moving it to somewhere else, but I think that what is really important to solve the problem of Social Security is by reforming it and creating a truly progressive system. But how do we do that? Well, my answer is simple! Let's scrap the cap and make the rich pay the right percentage for all the amount that they get into their pockets!

2. To all candidates, what have you disagreed the most with the Clinton administration on?

I will be honest with my fellow Democratic friends! I think that Clinton is doing a wonderful job at guiding our economy, I believe that he has been the best President that we have since John Kennedy and but I'm still not satisfied and do you know why? Because I think that America can do more, because I believe that our welfare system should not have been reformed the way it was and because I believe that the minorities of this country are still facing thousands of problems that are not being solved yet.

One of the things that I'm deeply different from Mr.Clinton is the issue of Foreign Affairs. At a Jackson Administration, military budgets are going to reduce sharply. If we want long term success, we can not afford to engage on more wars! We are fighting drugs in Colombia, we are fighting terrorists in Africa, we are fighting everyone even after the end of the Cold War. It's time for a more peaceful world and that is going to be something that I will be definitely fighting for!

Furthermore, I want to see great reforms coming, reforms that reduces the power of corporation in our nation, reforms that make our country greener, reforms that change the way that we deal with politics and reforms that make our political system more open to popular participation. However, we are only going to do so if we reduce the power of money in politics! I want less money on elections and more issues!

3. Reverend Jackson, you're known for being a divisive figure and someone who has only served as a shadow senator for DC in the world of politics. Are you running to bring a message across, or are you running to actually win?

We are testing waters right now, but I have always wanted to be President of the United States and that time is not going to be different. We are just having a more mature massage with America, I think that one of the things that we did it wrong in 1988 was taking for granted victory and that was terrible for the campaign. We know about our limits and we know that is not going to be easy but we wish to win, however, if we wait, I still want to get my message across. Jerry Brown tried to do this at 1992, he tried to promote reforms on our platform but he failed, if I don't manage to win, I will at least try to make this Democratic Party more progressive than it has been during the Clinton Administration.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2013, 08:56:52 PM »

Who won the Democratic debate?

Jesse Jackson - 55%
John Kerry - 28%
Tom Daschle - 17%

Jesse Jackson hit off his introduction to the campaign with a bang tonight, as he came across as the most ambitious and hitting the right notes with the progressives watching. John Kerry held steady throughout the debate, though Tom Daschle's performance was criticized for being too dry. It remains to be seen whether Jackson can replicate his performance for future debates, but if so, he could very well expand his base and create a plausible path to the nomination.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »

Jesse Jackson Campaign Statement

The Jackson Campaign is really happy of finally ending the days of Aphasia that the Democratic Campaign endend up being after Mikulski departure. We are changing America and bringing substance once more for the debates! We are going to win this game! Now let's pray for a better future!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies