Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:15:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 317819 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: November 26, 2017, 07:06:43 PM »

Plus, Black voters (particularly in states like Georgia) are really only conservative on a few issues like abortion and same-sex marriage.
Abrams has already let it linger in the air that an Evans operative was randomly talking to someone at an event and said that Abrams was a lesbian. This unknown source who was told this "contacted" the Abrams campaign and they made this public via an article by Jason Johnson in the Root. Evans' campaign has called on Abrams to publicly denounce the column which in effect says Evans is spreading rumors that Abrams is a lesbian. I do not believe that a top Evans official is going around saying "You know Stacey Abrams will be the first lesbian governor?" to random people on the street. It reeks of Abrams trying to get out on this perception early and making Evans look bad in the process. This is clearly an issue that Abrams feels will impact how she comes across going into the primary.

http://politics.blog.myajc.com/2017/10/10/georgia-2018-evans-presses-abrams-to-disavow-whisper-campaign/
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1151 on: November 26, 2017, 07:32:27 PM »

When you get to be a certain age without being married or having kids , people are going to assume things about you. It’s not right but it is what it is (at least for now, people are growing to accept it more). You can’t change it yourself. Cory Booker has fought off these rumors for a long time and he’s not gay. I’d bet he gets married in the next year / year and a half if he’s running in 2020 bc his path would probably be to run up the socially conservative black vote. Just to put the rumors to rest for good.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1152 on: November 28, 2017, 07:41:04 PM »

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a13761355/stacey-abrams-georgia-governor-candidate-interview/

"If all goes as planned, the earliest Stacey Abrams would run for president is in 2028. Not 2020 — that’s too soon. Not 2024 — the Democrat who vanquishes President Trump in 2020 will be up for re-election. No, the first opportunity is 2028. That’s her year."

Yikes
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1153 on: November 28, 2017, 09:01:47 PM »

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a13761355/stacey-abrams-georgia-governor-candidate-interview/

"If all goes as planned, the earliest Stacey Abrams would run for president is in 2028. Not 2020 — that’s too soon. Not 2024 — the Democrat who vanquishes President Trump in 2020 will be up for re-election. No, the first opportunity is 2028. That’s her year."

Yikes

I am under the impression, perhaps falsely, that Abrams wants to be the first Black woman elected President. She's certainly an inspirational figure, but it seems that she would be better off waiting a couple more cycles. Still, we need fewer old white men running the helm. I wish her well.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1154 on: November 28, 2017, 09:28:14 PM »

I don't begrudge her wanting that but she comes with some serious baggage and is still six months out from the gov's primary. Sounds like she's putting the cart before the horse.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1155 on: November 28, 2017, 09:31:04 PM »

I don't begrudge her wanting that but she comes with some serious baggage and is still six months out from the gov's primary. Sounds like she's putting the cart before the horse.
Yeah, in 2L year of law school, a friend in my class and I were in moot court together.  She kept insisting that not only would she win the fall championship, but she would be chosen as the president of the moot court society.  Well, she won the championship, but she didn't get picked to succeed the then-president.

Let's hope Abrams learns from my friend.

scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #1156 on: November 28, 2017, 11:30:41 PM »

Yikes

Well, at least she's honest, I guess.
This article perfectly sums up a lot of what's wrong with Stacey Abrams as a candidate. Her ambition and lack of commitment to Georgia voters are clear as day, and I think she'll be absolutely obliterated if she makes it through the primary.

Cagle seems to be a fairly average, non-controversial candidate when compared to the crazies running against him (unless you live in Decatur). Abrams is not a fairly average, non-controversial candidate by any means, and being set apart by supporting BDS, the Netroots fiasco, wanting to run for President as soon as humanly possible, running a campaign on demographics, and wanting to tear down Stone Mountain is not a net positive.

I can only hope that Evans wins the primary; she at least would have a chance against Cagle, however small it may be. I'll be strongly supporting her campaign.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1157 on: November 29, 2017, 12:16:42 AM »
« Edited: November 29, 2017, 12:47:37 AM by dotard »

Yikes

This article perfectly sums up a lot of what's wrong with Stacey Abrams as a candidate. Her ambition and lack of commitment to Georgia voters are clear as day, and I think she'll be absolutely obliterated if she makes it through the primary.

Cagle seems to be a fairly average, non-controversial candidate when compared to the crazies running against him (unless you live in Decatur). Abrams is not a fairly average, non-controversial candidate by any means, and being set apart by supporting BDS, the Netroots fiasco, wanting to run for President as soon as humanly possible, running a campaign on demographics, and wanting to tear down Stone Mountain is not a net positive.

I can only hope that Evans wins the primary; she at least would have a chance against Cagle, however small it may be. I'll be strongly supporting her campaign.

I completely agree. If she wanted to find another state to uses as a stepping stone, she should probably find it because she’s just not the fit for GA. I don’t begrudge her her ambition but there’s a time and a place for everything
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1158 on: November 30, 2017, 03:09:08 PM »

Haha. This is funny I hadn’t even read the article but I was with a friend who works at the Capitol talking about the race and she mentioned Abrams’ eagerness for the National spotlight. In the lead up to her announcing her Governor run her staffers regularly joked about which character from the West Wing they will be when she gets to the WH.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1159 on: December 01, 2017, 12:31:22 AM »
« Edited: December 01, 2017, 01:55:44 AM by dotard »

Abrams has always reminded me of someone and I’ve finally figured out who it is, Cory Booker. A showhorse who obviously is always looking to be the next big thing so much that they come off as disingenuous. Not doubting that each of them wants to do good in the world (like I’m not such a fan of Booker’s but he clearly very passionately cares about reforming the criminal justice system), ambition like that just doesn’t come off well very often. There’s a time and a place for for everything. Politics is about perception after all.
ReaganLimbaugh
« Reply #1160 on: December 03, 2017, 08:30:47 PM »

***I actually agree with a democrat
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1161 on: December 04, 2017, 07:37:36 PM »

Just saw a TV ad for the Atlanta mayor race tying Norwood to Trump, among other attacks on her.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1162 on: December 04, 2017, 11:28:34 PM »

I’m supporting Bottoms but I think the Georgia Democrat Party tying Norwood to Trump is plain lazy.

Nervous about the results tomorrow. Mayor Reed may scare up some votes for Bottoms to get her over the finish line, but Norwood has a decent shot. I truly think she is an awful person.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1163 on: December 05, 2017, 02:17:23 AM »

I’m supporting Bottoms but I think the Georgia Democrat Party tying Norwood to Trump is plain lazy.

Nervous about the results tomorrow. Mayor Reed may scare up some votes for Bottoms to get her over the finish line, but Norwood has a decent shot. I truly think she is an awful person.

the Georgia Public Broadcasting debate was... chippy.

for me, personally, the thugs comment disqualifies Norwood. But I understand that it won't for most.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #1164 on: December 05, 2017, 12:05:42 PM »

I personally support Norwood. There are many things I don't like about her, and she was in my bottom tier of candidates during the first round (My first choice was Peter Aman. I also liked Cathy Woolard and Vincent Fort). However, I highly disapprove of Kasim Reed and his rampant corruption, and I think that Keisha Lance Bottoms hasn't done anything to show that she wouldn't be anything except for a third term of Reed.

I honestly won't be too happy no matter what the result is, but I'll be a lot less happy if Bottoms wins. She represents to me everything that's wrong with Atlanta politics today.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1165 on: December 05, 2017, 07:37:27 PM »

The AJC results page currently shows the Mayor's race tied...

...one vote each.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1166 on: December 05, 2017, 08:48:36 PM »

The AJC results page currently shows the Mayor's race tied...

...one vote each.

It's gonna be a long night!
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1167 on: December 05, 2017, 08:54:56 PM »

Norwood currently in the lead. If she wins I wonder what Trump will say and how will Atlanta react.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1168 on: December 05, 2017, 08:56:36 PM »

Norwood currently in the lead. If she wins I wonder what Trump will say and how will Atlanta react.

0% in though. Can't really say anything yet.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #1169 on: December 05, 2017, 09:06:36 PM »

Here is a live precinct map of the mayoral election:
https://www.wabe.org/runoff-election-map/

Currently, Norwood leads 63-37%, with 0.2% of the vote reporting. It's going to be a long night! As of right now, only precincts that voted for Woolard (along with one R1 Bottoms precinct) have reported any results. Norwood currently leads in every Woolard precinct, while Bottoms leads in the R1 Bottoms precinct.

Results for the elections can also be found here, via the Secretary of State's office:
http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/GA/72213/Web02-state/#/
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1170 on: December 05, 2017, 09:18:21 PM »

Wow, it really will be a long night huh.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1171 on: December 05, 2017, 09:20:06 PM »

Norwood is nowhere near a Trump conservative.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1172 on: December 05, 2017, 09:22:51 PM »

She don't have to be a Trump conservative to be a Republican.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1173 on: December 05, 2017, 09:31:02 PM »

Sooo is Norwood going to win tonight?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1174 on: December 05, 2017, 09:34:04 PM »

She don't have to be a Trump conservative to be a Republican.

Disgusting
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies