Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:09:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 317784 times)
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: December 06, 2017, 12:10:43 AM »

Good night for all the EMILY’s List ladies. All of them won!
One more left tonight, Wendy Carrillo in California. She's off to a 10 point lead, hopefully it sticks.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1251 on: December 06, 2017, 12:11:10 AM »

There's Trumpers on PredictIt claiming there are still Dekalb precincts left to count?
Everybody keeps mentioning the empty precincts. There are literally no voters there, lol.

Lmao that's what I was thinking.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1252 on: December 06, 2017, 12:12:57 AM »

Bottoms did the same as Reid in 2009 she must have done better with white voters than he did when you add in demographic changes.

Is Atlanta getting whiter?
Yes almost certainly. As for your previous question in 2016 registered voters were 590,362 in Fulton county it is now 640,861.

Holy sh**t. That has to scare the hell outta the GA GOP
According to SOS results of 2016 and Dekalb website. In 2016 Dekalb had 419,871 and its now 501,452. You can probably thank Ossoff for that and Trump won by a margin of 211,141.

Can you please send me a link for this? I would love to sift through the data and sort gains/losses by Trump and Clinton counties. I'm guessing Cobb and Gwinnett also had insane surges.

In 1990, Gwinnett was 90% white. Now it’s 39% white. It was always a matter of time before it started voting Dem regularly, I think Trump just gave it the push.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1253 on: December 06, 2017, 12:14:22 AM »

There's Trumpers on PredictIt claiming there are still Dekalb precincts left to count?
Everybody keeps mentioning the empty precincts. There are literally no voters there, lol.

Lmao that's what I was thinking.
Atlanta just annexed Emory area a total of 3 precincts location. Since they were just annex they are not able to vote in this election. Trumpers on PredicIt are waiting for these precinct because they are majority white and mostly affluent but they can't really vote for mayor until 2021. 
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1254 on: December 06, 2017, 12:15:00 AM »

There's probably gonna be a recount but let's remember that Reed didn't lose a single vote in 2009 during that recount.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1255 on: December 06, 2017, 12:19:06 AM »

Bottoms did the same as Reid in 2009 she must have done better with white voters than he did when you add in demographic changes.

Yes almost certainly. As for your previous question in 2016 registered voters were 590,362 in Fulton county it is now 640,861.

According to SOS results of 2016 and Dekalb website. In 2016 Dekalb had 419,871 and its now 501,452. You can probably thank Ossoff for that and Trump won by a margin of 211,141.

Can you please send me a link for this? I would love to sift through the data and sort gains/losses by Trump and Clinton counties. I'm guessing Cobb and Gwinnett also had insane surges.
Ok this is the results from 2016 but you have to click the county for registered voters.
http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/GA/63991/184321/en/select-county.html
This is the registration as of Dec 1. (Spreadsheet)
http://sos.ga.gov/admin/files/Active_Voters_by_Race_and_Gender_as_of_December_1_2017.xlsx

Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #1256 on: December 06, 2017, 12:19:26 AM »

There's probably gonna be a recount but let's remember that Reed didn't lose a single vote in 2009 during that recount.

Electronic voting, so not much a recount, but rather an audit.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1257 on: December 06, 2017, 12:20:54 AM »

Lol Mary Norwood requesting recount. There's a <1% chance of it flipping the results.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1258 on: December 06, 2017, 12:21:28 AM »

Officially broke the senate super majority tonight!!!
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1259 on: December 06, 2017, 12:21:39 AM »

That is the rational decision in this situation.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1260 on: December 06, 2017, 12:22:19 AM »

Woohoo! Cheesy
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1261 on: December 06, 2017, 12:23:49 AM »

That is the rational decision in this situation.

It's not gonna change anything. In 2009 she wasn't able to flip a single vote in the recount.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1262 on: December 06, 2017, 12:27:55 AM »

Mary Norwood looks PISSED

https://twitter.com/11AliveNews/status/938276745437999105
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1263 on: December 06, 2017, 12:31:23 AM »

Republican-lite running as an independent. She deserved to have lost by more, but there's something even sweeter about losing to the same vote margin that she did last time.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1264 on: December 06, 2017, 12:35:36 AM »

Not sure where Norwood live but if she ran as an Independent who caucuses with the Democrats in my district I will vote for her. People only vote for Loudermilk cause they see his family name on buildings.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1265 on: December 06, 2017, 12:42:42 AM »

Trumpers like Yusky on PredictIt are still trying to desperately convince everyone that there are still votes to be counted in Dekalb, despite the fact they couldn't vote.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1266 on: December 06, 2017, 12:50:58 AM »

Trumpers like Yusky on PredictIt are still trying to desperately convince everyone that there are still votes to be counted in Dekalb, despite the fact they couldn't vote.
I know it hilarious I mean they city council voted on the annexation on Monday. How can they be able to vote in a city election the next day.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1267 on: December 06, 2017, 01:30:11 AM »

It’s cute that Norwood thinks military absentee votes will save her.

And I’m sure most of the provisionals are in Bottoms’ favor. I have been a poll worker in several different elections and it is usually black and/or poor voters who end up having to fill those out.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1268 on: December 06, 2017, 01:32:53 AM »

Republican-lite running as an independent. She deserved to have lost by more, but there's something even sweeter about losing to the same vote margin that she did last time.
The partisanship is painful. No need to be so divisive and glorify and perfectly good public servant's temporary loss.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1269 on: December 06, 2017, 01:53:10 AM »

The partisanship is painful. No need to be so divisive and glorify and perfectly good public servant's temporary loss.

Partisanship? No. The Republican party deserves to be punished.

I first came to the mainland with an open mind, as an independent. As the years went by, I saw a party run on anti-intellectualism, conspiracies, dog whistles, corporate welfare, resentment, among many other things.

Then I saw candidates run away with sexual assault, physical assault, religious extremism, shutting down voter enrollment efforts, and, most recently, pedophile apologism.

The Republican party is not conservative. It is not a structured ideology forming part of a debate on how to improve society. It is rotten to the core, both morally and ethically, for the sake of resentment politics, power, and screwing the people over in everything from taxes to education to healthcare--the modern-day pharisees.

Anyone running under the banner deserves no sympathy unless they not only disavow what the party represents, but embodies that disavowal with actions. Even worse is running as a Democrat (Jim) or as an Independent (Mary) just to fool voters.

No. Get real. Until then, don't even dare to try and come at me as if we're on even ground. We're not.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1270 on: December 06, 2017, 02:46:37 AM »

Partisanship? No. The Republican party deserves to be punished.

I first came to the mainland with an open mind, as an independent. As the years went by, I saw a party run on anti-intellectualism, conspiracies, dog whistles, corporate welfare, resentment, among many other things.

Then I saw candidates run away with sexual assault, physical assault, religious extremism, shutting down voter enrollment efforts, and, most recently, pedophile apologism.

The Republican party is not conservative. It is not a structured ideology forming part of a debate on how to improve society. It is rotten to the core, both morally and ethically, for the sake of resentment politics, power, and screwing the people over in everything from taxes to education to healthcare--the modern-day pharisees.

Anyone running under the banner deserves no sympathy unless they not only disavow what the party represents, but embodies that disavowal with actions. Even worse is running as a Democrat (Jim) or as an Independent (Mary) just to fool voters.

No. Get real. Until then, don't even dare to try and come at me as if we're on even ground. We're not.

Totally this. Republicans have done nothing but obstruct, divided, lie, and act like hypocrites for almost ten years now. It’s going to be a long time before I ever think about voting for a national level Republican ever again. I even voted for Isakson last year. We’ll talk in ten years when the Boomers have died off some and you get rid of Turtle and Trump. McConnell alone is probably the most heinous and destructive figure in recent memory and he and Trump are your heads.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #1271 on: December 06, 2017, 07:16:37 AM »

Yup. I'm pretty excited that my Senate district was the one to do it, and without electing a homophobe at that!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1272 on: December 06, 2017, 10:53:41 AM »

Ok this is the results from 2016 but you have to click the county for registered voters.
http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/GA/63991/184321/en/select-county.html
This is the registration as of Dec 1. (Spreadsheet)
http://sos.ga.gov/admin/files/Active_Voters_by_Race_and_Gender_as_of_December_1_2017.xlsx

Thanks! This will be an interesting albeit tedious project when I'm bored at work.

If anyone wants to help me on this project, please Pm me! I want to have it done by Friday.

Just glancing at it now, the two counties in metro Atlanta that swung hardest from Romney to Clinton, Gwinnett and Cobb, gained a ton of voters in just a year. Gwinnett gained 50,000 and Cobb gained about 34,000.

I am going to sort every county by Trump/Clinton county, then mark the change from 2016-->2017 in each one and sum them together in Excel.

If possible, you also might want to look at whether these changes in voter registration reflect totally new voters in Georgia's rolls or some internal movement of D-leaning voters from other D rural areas in the state to the metro core.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1273 on: December 07, 2017, 06:07:21 PM »

Norwood is not going quietly:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She tweeted this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1274 on: December 07, 2017, 08:04:48 PM »

I can’t imagine the agony of losing two elections with a margin that is so close. She lost and needs to move on. The demographics should have been in her favor. The people likely to vote for her tend to be higher propensity voters than a Bottoms voter. With turnout at 17 percent, she should have been able to scare up 750+ votes from somewhere up in Buckhead.

Bottoms had a huge social media presence and had local celebrities and politicians flooding social media as well. That, plus the looming reality of the end of black political power in the city helped Bottoms squeak by. Norwood leading in that last poll by 6 only helped Bottoms.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies