Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:48:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 165828 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: June 13, 2013, 02:01:29 AM »

It's 2:00 Thursday Morning.  I probably should hit the sack!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #376 on: June 13, 2013, 02:22:15 AM »

That morning, I will go to bed at 00:15, wake up at 03:30, pray and meditate until 05:00, eat a normal breakfast at 05:20, leave for the airport at 06:00, arrive at Will Rogers World Airport at 06:30, meet with the group at 07:30, go through security about 08:30, board at 10:10, and depart for Washington, Dulles International Airport at 10:40.

Why would you stay up until after midnight that night, and end up with just 3 hours sleep before your travels?  Why not go to bed early so you can get more sleep?

I always get less sleep before I travel. The more time I spend sleeping on the plane, the better.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #377 on: June 13, 2013, 02:27:43 AM »

That morning, I will go to bed at 00:15, wake up at 03:30, pray and meditate until 05:00, eat a normal breakfast at 05:20, leave for the airport at 06:00, arrive at Will Rogers World Airport at 06:30, meet with the group at 07:30, go through security about 08:30, board at 10:10, and depart for Washington, Dulles International Airport at 10:40.

Why would you stay up until after midnight that night, and end up with just 3 hours sleep before your travels?  Why not go to bed early so you can get more sleep?

I always get less sleep before I travel. The more time I spend sleeping on the plane, the better.

Really?  I find plane sleeping to be terribly uncomfortable.  I prefer to be well rested before flying, then distract myself on the flight with movies or something, rather than trying to sleep.

In any case, it looks like Bushie stays up past midnight virtually every night since he stopped working?

Is his weird sleep schedule messing with his metabolism and making him fatter?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #378 on: June 13, 2013, 03:19:58 AM »

Bad sleep schedules can do that!?!?

Oh man Sad
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #379 on: June 13, 2013, 03:58:20 AM »

Oh man Sad

I hope not. Otherwise my metabolism is going to abruptly grind to a halt one of these days.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #380 on: June 13, 2013, 04:02:12 AM »

Oh man Sad

That's what I've read in various news stories, but I'm sure there are others here who are more expert on such matters.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #381 on: June 13, 2013, 05:22:07 AM »

You ate 5 soft tacos Bushie?Huh    Cleaning up the meat again?   Sad
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #382 on: June 13, 2013, 05:36:33 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2013, 05:41:40 AM by opebo »

...Currywurst on them. I thought it must be some cool fusion that would be amazing. Nope. Regular American style hotdog with ketchup and curry powder on it. So gross!  

Currywurst isn't bad.

Bushie you were wearing your seatbelt right?

I highly doubt that Bushie wears his seatbelt at all.

Are you kidding - this kid takes all the precautions.  He's a very cautious fellow.

Is his weird sleep schedule messing with his metabolism and making him fatter?

Oh man Sad

You really didn't know this?  In my opinion getting up early in the morning is the primary cause of obesity/overweight.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #383 on: June 13, 2013, 08:24:14 AM »

Oh man Sad

I hope not. Otherwise my metabolism is going to abruptly grind to a halt one of these days.

It doesn't otherwise I would be of blimp proportions by now... though I have gained weight recently so...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #384 on: June 13, 2013, 09:07:03 AM »

Good Thursday Morning!  It is just after 09:00 and I had a good, albeit brief morning's sleep.  I couldn't fall asleep until 03:00 and woke up at 08:30.  I thought I better get up then, as it could have easily been after 10:00 before I woke up again.  I have to go to Shawnee and get the rest of my medicine before I leave in one week.  I'm going to get started packing this afternoon and should be able to relax most of the evening.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #385 on: June 13, 2013, 09:25:34 AM »

In checking that's over 1500 calories just for the tacos......not counting anything else.  Ugh.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #386 on: June 13, 2013, 09:42:22 AM »

I think I've turned the corner again.  Yesterday, I ended at around 2,100 calories.  Yesterday morning, the scale had jumped back to just a 6 lbs loss.  This morning, it was back to a 7.5 lb loss.  Yesterday morning, it had jumped back to 269.0, but is back down to 267.5.  I did better yesterday, but I can do even better today.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #387 on: June 13, 2013, 09:44:16 AM »

In checking that's over 1500 calories just for the tacos......not counting anything else.  Ugh.

Yeah, it wasn't pretty. Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #388 on: June 13, 2013, 09:44:32 AM »

I think I've turned the corner again.  Yesterday, I ended at around 2,100 calories.  Yesterday morning, the scale had jumped back to just a 6 lbs loss.  This morning, it was back to a 7.5 lb loss.  Yesterday morning, it had jumped back to 269.0, but is back down to 267.5.  I did better yesterday, but I can do even better today.

You realize those are natural adjustments and not an indication that your even attempting a full-fledged weight loss program, right?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: June 13, 2013, 09:48:52 AM »

You realize those are natural adjustments and not an indication that your even attempting a full-fledged weight loss program, right?

I understand that's probably water weight, but it still gives me enough motivation to keep going.  Although, I don't think 7.5 lbs is a natural adjustment.  Something bigger had to have happened.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #390 on: June 13, 2013, 10:04:12 AM »

I understand that's probably water weight, but it still gives me enough motivation to keep going.  Although, I don't think 7.5 lbs is a natural adjustment.  Something bigger had to have happened.

You posted on your facebook that you have "turned the corner" on  your diet?  Bushie, lying to your friends is bad.....you're not on a diet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #391 on: June 13, 2013, 10:08:06 AM »

You posted on your facebook that you have "turned the corner" on  your diet?  Bushie, lying to your friends is bad.....you're not on a diet.

I'm on a lower calorie diet.  Granted, I need to change what I do eat, but I am trying to eat less.  That alone will drop the weight.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #392 on: June 13, 2013, 11:30:05 AM »

Oh man Sad

It doesn't otherwise I would be of blimp proportions by now... though I have gained weight recently so...

You probably don't understand what is a 'bad' sleep schedule - a bad sleep schedule is to get up early in the morning and work all day.  To stay up late and sleep all day is the healthy one.  It helps if you never toil.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #393 on: June 13, 2013, 12:01:00 PM »

I weigh myself several times a week at the gym. Maybe it's because my meals (and presumably poops) are not as extensive, I don't get these wild fluctuations that Bushie gets. My statistical noise is never more than an pound or two. Dropping weight is also very difficult Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #394 on: June 13, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »

I'm back from Shawnee and I've had lunch.  2 PB & J sandwiches - 600 calories total according to the nutrition labels on the bread,  peanut butter, and jelly.  Dinner remains to be seen, but it shouldn't be anything too heavy.  I'm going to take a nap for a bit, then get started packing a little later.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #395 on: June 13, 2013, 12:30:24 PM »

I'm back from Shawnee and I've had lunch.  2 PB & J sandwiches - 600 calories total according to the nutrition labels on the bread,  peanut butter, and jelly.  Dinner remains to be seen, but it shouldn't be anything too heavy.  I'm going to take a nap for a bit, then get started packing a little later.

Why do you have to nap every day?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #396 on: June 13, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »

He probably has sleep apnea. He's probably also bored with nothing to do all day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: June 13, 2013, 12:40:45 PM »

He probably has sleep apnea. He's probably also bored with nothing to do all day.

I do have a little sleep apnea.  I couldn't fall asleep until 3:00 this morning and had to get up at 8:30.  So, I only got 5 1/2 hours.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #398 on: June 13, 2013, 12:42:52 PM »

I had a similar lunch to Bushie today! I made myself a smoothie (with frozen strawberries, mangoes and blueberries, plus a cup of greek yogurt and probably about half a tablespoon of honey) and then drank that along with a peanut butter (the natural stuff; the only ingredient on the label was peanuts) and jelly sandwich (on whole wheat bread).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #399 on: June 13, 2013, 12:47:33 PM »

I do have a little sleep apnea.  I couldn't fall asleep until 3:00 this morning and had to get up at 8:30.  So, I only got 5 1/2 hours.

Improper sleep (via apnea) will keep you fat.  Why not use a machine for it, or do you already?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies