The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:12:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172676 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: January 12, 2009, 11:19:28 PM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!

However it is more likely that in future, the chief battle will be between the SDP and the RPP - former NLCers have a greater future within the RPP.

Where do you get either of those ideas?  The DA is just as active and has just as many capable members as either party.  We have fewer members overall but that can be soon resolved.

You're constrained on the left by the SDP and constrained on the right by us. Either the DA will move in one direction or the other, but without moving one way or the other it's not likely to become powerful.

The fact is that moderates far outnumber either side and when they realise they will have alot more push with their own party than either of the other two they will be more likely to join us.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #476 on: January 13, 2009, 08:00:55 AM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!

However it is more likely that in future, the chief battle will be between the SDP and the RPP - former NLCers have a greater future within the RPP.

Who says DA candidates can't win elections?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #477 on: January 13, 2009, 11:45:51 AM »

kind of funny considering every single member of our party holds an office....some elected, some appointed.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #478 on: January 13, 2009, 09:53:21 PM »

kind of funny considering every single member of our party holds an office....some elected, some appointed.

But most got those positions before the DA was formed. Except for you but the DA had little to do with your ascension to office.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #479 on: January 14, 2009, 08:47:09 AM »

But most got those positions before the DA was formed. Except for you but the DA had little to do with your ascension to office.

so? Unless you think belonging to the DA would make somebody less electable....I don't see why it matters that the party didn't exist at that time.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #480 on: January 14, 2009, 01:40:21 PM »

Meanwhile the JCP just keeps living on. We have the presidency and a region but never really get talked about. We are probably just to stable for any interesting conversation.
meh
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #481 on: January 14, 2009, 04:18:19 PM »

So? Joining the DA makes you much less electable?

I don't think party affiliation matter a whole much, either.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #482 on: January 14, 2009, 04:29:10 PM »

Party affiliation does not matter in Atlasia, its rather the candidate rather than the party, at least that's what I have gathered from my experience in Atlasia. However, there is, of course an exception: the Pacific and the JCP.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #483 on: January 14, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »

Party affiliation does not matter in Atlasia, its rather the candidate rather than the party, at least that's what I have gathered from my experience in Atlasia. However, there is, of course an exception: the Pacific and the JCP.
I'd say most are willing to concede that the RPP has a stranglehold on the Dirty South.  The Mideast is far and away the most competitive region with the Northeast and Midwest distance seconds
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #484 on: January 14, 2009, 09:15:23 PM »

I'd say most are willing to concede that the RPP has a stranglehold on the Dirty South.  The Mideast is far and away the most competitive region with the Northeast and Midwest distance seconds

The way the Midwest functions does not lend itself to competitive races.

As for the Northeast, it might be more competitive if it had more people who were interested in running for office, but eh.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #485 on: January 15, 2009, 06:49:22 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: With 5.6% of votes reporting, the Mideast Gubernatorial Race is too close to call.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #486 on: January 16, 2009, 06:55:08 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: With 39% of votes in, the National Weekly Atlasian is projecting that Speaker Inks.LWC will win the Mideast Governorship.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #487 on: January 16, 2009, 10:14:02 PM »

You sure that isn't an early prediction to make? Many of the folks who one would expect to vote for Inks have already voted.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #488 on: January 16, 2009, 10:40:41 PM »

So? Joining the DA makes you much less electable?

I don't recall saying that. I do recall saying that it was too early to tell of the success of the DA. Yes they have many offices but lets see how they stand up in another election or two.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #489 on: January 19, 2009, 11:23:19 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2009, 11:29:36 AM by Senator SPC »

Inks wins...for now
by South Park Conservative

Former governor Inks.LWC reclaimed the governorship this weekend in a close election, defeating current governor Afleitch. Perhaps the greatest irony of the election was that afleitch opened the voting booth incorrectly, one of the inconveniences that Inks campaigned against. However, while Inks.LWC has been certified, there is still doubt over his election. Former defense attorney in Atlasia vs. Constine Peter has filed suit in Mideast court against Governor Afleitch for the counting of Ben Constine's vote, despite having cast it before his sentence. In the event that it succeeds, the Mideast procedure for ties would have to be implemented.

EDIT: It would seem that the Xaharist Mideast Constitution has no procudure for ties. However, since no one would have obtained a majority, a special election would have to be held for the vacant governorship, as described in the Constitution:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Since the vacancy would occur on Friday, if Peter's case suceeds, then a potential special election would occur on the next weekend. In that event, Afleitch would be the acting governor, since he will be the Lt. Governor.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #490 on: January 19, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2009, 11:59:37 AM by Senator SPC »

Second National Weekly Atlasian Presidential Straw Poll to be held next week
by South Park Conservative

The National Weekly Atlasian will be holding a presidential straw poll next weekend to gauge the prospects of potential candidates. If you are considering a run, please say so here so that your name will be included in the straw poll.

As of now, the ballot will look like this:
[  ] Senator AndrewCT
[  ] Write-in:________
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #491 on: January 19, 2009, 11:43:13 AM »

I might...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #492 on: January 19, 2009, 12:00:44 PM »

that'd be great Smiley
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #493 on: January 19, 2009, 01:16:56 PM »

Here is the National Weekly Atlasian's February Elections Tracker if anybody was wondering.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #494 on: January 19, 2009, 04:00:18 PM »

Presidential elections are drawing near again. I'll have to see if Bgwah wants another term before I decide on who to support.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #495 on: January 19, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »

Jas should run, and I hope he does.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #496 on: January 19, 2009, 10:16:21 PM »

Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #497 on: January 19, 2009, 10:48:44 PM »

Northeast (LEAN NLC HOLD-->LEAN DA HOLD--> TOSSUP)
OPEN SEAT (AndrewCT retiring)
Lt. Governor Smid
Governor Conor Flynn
Fmr. President Mr. Moderate

1/19/09: Since Andrew will most likely run for President, this is probably going to be the most competitive seat in the election. Rising RPP moderate Smid looks like a good candidate, though he might not want the position. Additionally, Fmr. President Mr. Moderate may be interested in returning to public office.

You have some excellent sources SPC Tongue. I would to end all speculation of myself running for the Northeast Senate seat this February. I have no interest in the Senate, and it was evident during my brief tenure in the chambers early last year. That is all.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #498 on: January 20, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »

The senate is dead.  Good thing we elected the most competent PPT Tongue, I didn't think I had enough time for the job, but apparently five minutes is more than enough
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #499 on: January 20, 2009, 07:37:26 PM »

The senate is dead.  Good thing we elected the most competent PPT Tongue, I didn't think I had enough time for the job, but apparently five minutes is more than enough

If you would have ran....
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies