PEI Game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:55:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  PEI Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Author Topic: PEI Game  (Read 37660 times)
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2010, 03:05:52 PM »
« edited: October 31, 2010, 03:07:39 PM by His Excellency Chancellor Vazdul, Senator of Bedford Parish »

As the tensions between Bedford and Hillsborough seem to have eased, the Chancellor rescinds the order regarding militia placement. Militiamen stationed in the cities of Rosebank, Tracadie, and Mount Stewart are free to return to their homes. However, 10 horses and 1 boat will continue to be reserved for militia use.

The decree regarding Bedford's fisherman and sailing vessels being prohibited from entering the territorial waters of Hillsborough Parish remains in effect.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2010, 03:47:10 PM »

If the citizens of Charlotte are content without an equal voice in the Senate, then I no longer call for Reeve Lance's removal. I share the Provost's concerns about whether dissatifaction is concentrated in one spot or spread evenly around the parish, and his call for more in-depth results. To that end, I propose to the Honourable Provost that his Parish and mine jointly fund an independent committee to conduct such polling in the individual Lots, particularly Lots 24 and 34. I stress that such a committee would be independent, and not acting on behalf of any government.

The Provost would enthusiastically support a joint-funded independent poll for the purpose of determining lot by lot and town by town where the people's allegiances lie. He feels that no government can rationally oppose such a poll if it is conducted fairly, for more accurate information can only serve to smother ignorance and inform our deliberations.

With regard to the Provost's road construction proposal, I propose that good roads be built to all towns, not only those with poor roads leading to them. It is ridiculous that towns the size of Cavendish and Rustico have no roads leading to them at all.

In principle, the Provost whole-heartedly supports this amendment. However, he believes that an analysis of the cost of building high quality roads to all towns on the island would be necessary at first, as such an expense could be beyond the means of certain Parish governments.

The Provost authorizes a group of engineers to assess the risk posed by the steep grade on the rail line passing through Hunter River, and awaits a report as to their findings.

The Provost also awaits the report of his surveyors' journey to Grenville Bay and their proposal, if any, for wharf construction on said bay.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2010, 04:10:01 PM »

I'm shocked that the Duke of Hillsborough still continues to ignore me. As spiritual leader of the land I'm deeply insulted that he not only refuses my inventation to a peace and reconciliation mass, but also has also refused to explain or excuse his behaviour. This does him no credit, and cast a lot of doubt on both his faith in the church and his judgement as a leader. I'm afraid that if the Duke continus to fail at delivering his reply to me, I'll have to launch an inquisition to explore where his true faith lies.

Furthermore, as the situation in Princeton seems to be getting worse, I might have no other choice but to annex the city into God's graceful community and sieze it for the parish of St. David. I most humbly request the king to commision a poll in the city to find out if this course
of action would be favoured by the city's inhabitons.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What could I get for 30$?

How about a smaller not so awe-inspiring, with one short tower and a leaking roof cathedral? Our lord teach us that less is more after all.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2010, 04:37:36 PM »

What could I get for 30$?

How about a smaller not so awe-inspiring, with one short tower and a leaking roof cathedral? Our lord teach us that less is more after all.

Considering that a house costs £10-15, I think $30 would get you something like this:

It is ill-fitting that our esteemed Bishop must conduct his services in an inadequate church. I propose that, as good Christians, we donate money to the church for the purposes of building a proper Cathedral in the city of Kensington. I propose that the national government contribute €1, one-third of the cost. By my calculations, if each Parish and City were willing to contribute £4, that would cover the entire cost of the Cathedral. On behalf of the good Christians of Bedford Parish, I will be the first to donate £4.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2010, 05:19:37 PM »

The Provost is also eager to make a donation for the spiritual well-being of the parishoners of Saint David, but transportation deficiencies within his own parish necessitate a tightening of the purse-strings. The Provost means no ill will to his most honorable neighbors in Saint David, and would gladly contribute more in the future, but at this time he is prepared only to contribute £2 toward a cathedral.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2010, 06:06:16 PM »

Ah my dearest chancellor and provost. Your generosity and your faith are more than pleasing. God's blessing to both of you. I will say a special prayer for you and your parishes during this evening's cermon. You are both truly good Christian men. And if we can gather enough money to build this cathedral I promise that you'll be invited to a splendid mass in the new cathedral as well as a glouries banquet at my house.

And as Bishop I will of course set a good example and put aside 6 £ to the cause from my own parish.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2010, 07:01:15 PM »

The only trouble spot was in O'Leary. Troops were denied access to this town by troops from within the town. They demanded one of two things. Either to speak, personally, with The Director, or, to have O'Leary become the capitol of the newly expanded Halifax Parish. They point out that O'Leary is much larger then Ellerslie, and that the latter is the smallest Parish Capitol on the entire island.

Citizens in Ellerslie are indifferent towards this, though, some 20-30 would need to be re-located (and are willing to do so if ordered)

I wish to speak directly to the people of O'Leary in order to hear their concerns and demands.

Also, how is the construction of my road and the wharf at Foxley River?

You've met with them and they inform you directly of their demands, which are to in short relocate the capitol to O'Leary, though they'd also accept Alberton. Short of either of those they want a 10,000$ investment in the former Egmont Parish to be distributed as it's local citizens see fit.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2010, 07:27:24 PM »

I am deeply concerned about the situation in Princeton. The Commander has not appointed a Deputy Senator, nor an Assemblyman, and now guards have turned away newspaper reporters at the city gates. I propose that we appoint a representative of the national government to investigate the condition of the city.

After some deliberation, I would like to nominate His Grace the Bishop of St. David for this task,
for the following reasons:

1. Of all Senators, he is the closest one to Princeton geographically, and thus would be the least inconvenienced.

2. If the city guards are indeed good Christians, they would not dare to turn away God's representative. This status may also gain him entry to places where others would be denied.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2010, 07:40:30 PM »

I would be honoured to take the assignment for the good of all Christians in Princeton. Unless the King objects I shall make the arrangements to make the journay to town as soon as the conditions allow it. I will be needing a personal guard of five to assist and protect me on my way to Princeton and if the king apporves this mission. 

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2010, 07:56:20 PM »

The only trouble spot was in O'Leary. Troops were denied access to this town by troops from within the town. They demanded one of two things. Either to speak, personally, with The Director, or, to have O'Leary become the capitol of the newly expanded Halifax Parish. They point out that O'Leary is much larger then Ellerslie, and that the latter is the smallest Parish Capitol on the entire island.

Citizens in Ellerslie are indifferent towards this, though, some 20-30 would need to be re-located (and are willing to do so if ordered)

I wish to speak directly to the people of O'Leary in order to hear their concerns and demands.

You've met with them and they inform you directly of their demands, which are to in short relocate the capitol to O'Leary, though they'd also accept Alberton. Short of either of those they want a 10,000$ investment in the former Egmont Parish to be distributed as it's local citizens see fit.

$10,000 investment?  Can this be in the form of construction and infrastructure projects?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2010, 07:58:07 PM »

I would be honoured to take the assignment for the good of all Christians in Princeton. Unless the King objects I shall make the arrangements to make the journay to town as soon as the conditions allow it. I will be needing a personal guard of five to assist and protect me on my way to Princeton and if the king apporves this mission.  

If the Bishop so desires, the Provost would gladly provide three of his sturdiest, most capable militiamen to protect His Grace on his journey.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #186 on: October 31, 2010, 08:10:57 PM »

You are fooling no one. You claim to have Charlotte's best interests at heart, yet it never occurred to you to allow a native of Charlotte the Senate post, or its own Deputy Senator? Your actions were a blatant attempt to seize further power in the Senate!

The Senate, as an intentionally more prestigious body versus the Assembly, should only consist of the rightful leaders of the parishes. We have two interconnected tasks: to govern our own parish and represent it in the Senate. A Deputy's intended job is to take over the role of the Parish leader when he leaves office. Considering we do not have any legal provision for a leader doing one job but not the other, I suggested that the honorable Reeve select a proxy among other Senators as the simplest possible solution.

However, if it is indeed acceptable, I completely accept recognizing Charlotte's current deputy to be the parish's official Senator.

Making such plans when there was no hint of instability or disunity from Charlotte Parish? Can you not deny such an action, even with the best of intentions, reeks of suspicion? However, as you have recanted your earlier statements I shall speak on the subject no more. I do agree with you that Charlotte's deputy may officially represent his parish, rather than only doing so de facto. In celebration, I shall throw a lavish party in his honor. He shall also receive an increased stipend more fitting of his position.

Should a reunification of my city with Charlotte Parish commence, 90% of tithes raised in the rural areas will be under the sole jurisdiction of the Reeve. The other 10% would also be forbidden to be allocated towards local improvements within Charlottetown. Considering no such restrictions will exist on tithes from Charlottetown, I do believe the rural areas will benefit the most, indeed.

You raise the issue that I could not manage the size of the parish or understand the nature of the rural areas, hence my proposal for the honorable Reeve to manage exactly the land he does currently!

The truth of the matter is that Charlottetown and Charlotte Parish have much more similarities than differences, and share many similar virtues, beliefs, and opinions that transcend this superficial "urban-rural" divide of which you allege.

The situation in Edgmont is much akin to the situation in Charlotte. I would be a hypocrite if I did not advocate a similar course of action in Edgmont to the one I advocate for Charlotte. To that end, I move that Captain Jane be stripped of her title and expelled from the Senate, and that a replacement be appointed as soon as is practicable.

I beg your pardon? "Much akin to the situation in Charlotte?" How dare you insult the honorable Reeve in such a manner!
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2010, 08:27:13 PM »

The situation in Edgmont is much akin to the situation in Charlotte. I would be a hypocrite if I did not advocate a similar course of action in Edgmont to the one I advocate for Charlotte. To that end, I move that Captain Jane be stripped of her title and expelled from the Senate, and that a replacement be appointed as soon as is practicable.

I beg your pardon? "Much akin to the situation in Charlotte?" How dare you insult the honorable Reeve in such a manner!

I'm pretty sure there's no love lost between Jane and the other Senators.Tongue

I'm saddened that I had to annex Egmont, because I believe I may have opened a can of worms that will lead to the downfall of this country.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: October 31, 2010, 08:53:07 PM »

$10,000 investment?  Can this be in the form of construction and infrastructure projects?

It would be for whatever they demand. You can negotiate with them if you wish, you can do it here, or via PM with me.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #189 on: October 31, 2010, 08:53:59 PM »

The Senate, as an intentionally more prestigious body versus the Assembly, should only consist of the rightful leaders of the parishes. We have two interconnected tasks: to govern our own parish and represent it in the Senate. A Deputy's intended job is to take over the role of the Parish leader when he leaves office.

And since the Reeve of Charlotte has vacated the office of Senator, then it stands to reason that the Deputy should assume that office, not any other person, and certainly not one who is not a resident of Charlotte Parish himself.

I most certainly do deny any suspicious intent! My only concern was that the parishioners of Charlotte were represented by a competent government not only at the parish level, but at the national level as well. You cannot deny that Reeve Lance has abandoned the latter duty.

This only stands to reinforce my point. As you would begin to focus more money and effort into maintance of the rural region, you would also begin to neglect the needs of Charlottetown residents.

While the situation in Charlotte is not as severe as the situation in Edgmont, there are definite similarities in that the Parish Administrator has neglected at least part of his or her duties.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #190 on: October 31, 2010, 09:04:04 PM »

As Chancellor of Bedford Parish, I offer to Your Grace the temporary services of two of my most competent militiamen- James Ruston of Rosebank, and Henry Jacobs of Mount Stewart. I know both of these men personally, and I can attest to their competence in discretion, valour, and combat ability.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #191 on: October 31, 2010, 09:23:11 PM »

The O'Leary protesters have been dispersed due to agreement with the government.

The parish will pay 6,000$ and fresh elections will be held in the former egmont parish.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #192 on: October 31, 2010, 09:32:40 PM »

UPDATE:

ASSETS / BUDGET
(Things owned by the various goverments)

NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
179 Horses
268 Cattle
111 Hogs
515 Sheep
21 Boats
41 €
1,209 £
172,114 $
3' 6" gauge track: Dual track; length of 460 miles.
3 lite locomotive (rail) boilers (wood burning) (attached to shells)
3 lite locomotive (rail) shells (One attached to each "train")
6 passenger rail cars (Two attached to each "train")
18 freight fail cars (Six attached to each "train")

NORTH
29 Horses
44 Cattle
14 Hogs
88 Sheep
3 Boats
4 €
140 £
19,994 $

EGMONT
0 Horses 3 Missing - 27 to Halifax
0 Cattle 4 Missing - 32 to Halifax
0 Hogs 2 Missing - 14 to Halifax
0 Sheep 10 Missing - 80 to Halifax
0 Boats 2 to Halifax
0 € 4 € Missing
0 £ 44£ Missing - 100£ to Halifax
0 $ 2$ Missing - 20,100$ to Halifax

HALIFAX
59 Horses 27
79 Cattle 32
33 Hogs 14
169 Sheep 80
5 Boats 2
4 €
243 £   93£
31,001 $  11,100$
1 Wharf under construction (north shore)
Highway Project

RICHMOND
46 Horses
62 Cattle
28 Hogs
122 Sheep
4 Boats
6 €
172 £
29,210 $

ST. DAVID
40 Horses
49 Cattle
21 Hogs
104 Sheep
3 Boats
5 €
160 £
23,333 $

PRINCETON
8 Horses
6 Cattle
2 Hogs
12 Sheep
2 Boats
2 €
50 £
12,406 $

GRENVILLE
34 Horses
53 Cattle
21 Hogs
107 Sheep
3 Boats
5 €
148 £
21,717 $

HILLSBORUGH
38 Horses
57 Cattle
18 Hogs
122 Sheep
3 Boats
6 €
147 £
22,525 $

CHARLOTTE
40 Horses
48 Cattle
20 Hogs
104 Sheep
4 Boats
4 €
164 £
22,012 $

CHARLOTTETOWN
12 Horses
8 Cattle
6 Hogs
8 Sheep
4 Boats
6 €
161 £ 50£
31,974 $
1 half-finished freight rail car (under construction)
2 Cargo Vessels (under construction)

BEDFORD
39 Horses
60 Cattle
26 Hogs
120 Sheep
3 Boats
4 €
129 £ 30£
22,009 $
1 Cargo Vessel (Under Construction)
1 Wharf under construction (north shore)

ST. JOHN
35 Horses
53 Cattle
19 Hogs
99 Sheep
2 Boats
5 €
141 £
20,154 $

ST. PATRICK
33 Horses
52 Cattle
24 Hogs
94 Sheep
3 Boats
6 €
139 £
21,077 $

EAST
31 Horses
48 Cattle
18 Hogs
89 Sheep
3 Boats
5 €
160 £
21,099 $

ST. GEORGE
36 Horses
56 Cattle
24 Hogs
112 Sheep
4 Boats
4 €
168 £
22,124 $

GEORGETOWN
15 Horses
12 Cattle
4 Hogs
18 Sheep
2 Boats
3 €
121 £
17,114 $

Note that Tithes come in once a season.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: October 31, 2010, 09:33:41 PM »

You go, and, are met with the same roadblock.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: October 31, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »

Missing?  What do you mean missing? Angry
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: October 31, 2010, 09:41:14 PM »

Stolen likely.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: October 31, 2010, 09:51:20 PM »

*sigh*  You know what, I'm so happy I'm finished with this annexing BS, I'll let that slide.

I'll just wait for the Highway pricing update.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #197 on: October 31, 2010, 10:27:14 PM »

If the citizens of Charlotte are content without an equal voice in the Senate, then I no longer call for Reeve Lance's removal. I share the Provost's concerns about whether dissatifaction is concentrated in one spot or spread evenly around the parish, and his call for more in-depth results. To that end, I propose to the Honourable Provost that his Parish and mine jointly fund an independent committee to conduct such polling in the individual Lots, particularly Lots 24 and 34. I stress that such a committee would be independent, and not acting on behalf of any government.

The Provost would enthusiastically support a joint-funded independent poll for the purpose of determining lot by lot and town by town where the people's allegiances lie. He feels that no government can rationally oppose such a poll if it is conducted fairly, for more accurate information can only serve to smother ignorance and inform our deliberations.

With regard to the Provost's road construction proposal, I propose that good roads be built to all towns, not only those with poor roads leading to them. It is ridiculous that towns the size of Cavendish and Rustico have no roads leading to them at all.

In principle, the Provost whole-heartedly supports this amendment. However, he believes that an analysis of the cost of building high quality roads to all towns on the island would be necessary at first, as such an expense could be beyond the means of certain Parish governments.

The Provost authorizes a group of engineers to assess the risk posed by the steep grade on the rail line passing through Hunter River, and awaits a report as to their findings.

The Provost also awaits the report of his surveyors' journey to Grenville Bay and their proposal, if any, for wharf construction on said bay.

The Provost grows impatient at the inaction on his decrees, and fears that his loyal engineers and surveyors may have been devoured by the local fauna.

You go, and, are met with the same roadblock.

The Provost has not heard from his three crack militiamen, Angus MacLeary, John Carlyle, and Matthew Tucker in some days. Honorable Bishop, are they with you?

The Provost also wishes to make known that his government, in hopes of exploiting the resources of his parish to the greatest extent possible, does offer a subsidy to any enterprising lad who wishes to till the most fertile soils of the parish. The Provost's government will share the cost of purchasing any unimproved parcel of land equally with the buyer for the remaining days of spring. However, the Provost reserves the right to deny this subsidy to speculators and non-resident landlords.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: October 31, 2010, 10:46:49 PM »

All attempts to move into princeton are met with a roadblock (if you want more, you'll have to tell the troops to do when they reach said roadblock)

The prospectors are still searching the bay
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: October 31, 2010, 10:57:51 PM »

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I'm going to fast forward the game by a few weeks.

Why?
I need to try to organize this hodge-podge of stuff. I am also going to open a new thread for the game to help keep it better organized.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies