Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:07:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 73
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 160969 times)
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: November 10, 2017, 11:37:30 PM »

Can you really trust the detailed accusations corroborated by 31 people if a guy who took money from a charity disputes them? Partisanship makes it harder to see who is credible.

I didn't see anything about how Moore says he knew two of them and also admits to dating teenagers in the last few pages of the thread. He still hasn't confessed to doing the things they said he did, but it's not like he would do that. Yet the sound bite if "I don't dispute that" can't help him.
Him dating 17-20 year olds is not a crime they both admit nothing happened.
If he was lying wouldn’t he have denied all of it?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1376 on: November 10, 2017, 11:38:44 PM »

Listen if I lived in Alabama I would probably lean Moore but if Moore stuff comes out and actual proof I would either write in Mo Brooks or not vote at all.

"Moore stuff" literally came out. This is stuff coming out.

What kind of proof is necessary? There are 30, now 31 independent interviews regarding his inappropriate actions and Moore's non-denial on Hannity. Do you need a written testimony from Moore saying "I sexually abused a 14 year old girl"?
Well I want tapes or people he worked with saying yes it’s true. Why should I believe these women without giving any proof.

Why would he tell someone he worked with (at the DA office, of all places) that he committed a blatantly illegal act?

I don’t know tell me why Bill Clinton admitted to a disgusting act on TAPE?

Was despicable but not illegal? Also... wasn't he under oath?
Bill Clinton flat out lied to all of America,he should have been impeached for that. So if it turns out Moore wins then it’s becomes official that lied about it then he should be expelled from the senate.

There is this old saying, but it's a little obscure, so maybe you haven't heard it before. It goes like this: Two wrongs don't make a right.

Stop deflecting and own the fact partisanship has twisted you into supporting a child molester.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1377 on: November 10, 2017, 11:40:03 PM »

There really is no use arguing with anyone so partisan that they would make excuses for what is clearly wrong. Ignore Greedo.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1378 on: November 10, 2017, 11:40:35 PM »

Can you really trust the detailed accusations corroborated by 31 people if a guy who took money from a charity disputes them? Partisanship makes it harder to see who is credible.

I didn't see anything about how Moore says he knew two of them and also admits to dating teenagers in the last few pages of the thread. He still hasn't confessed to doing the things they said he did, but it's not like he would do that. Yet the sound bite if "I don't dispute that" can't help him.
Something not being technically illegal does not make it moral or ethical. If someone went up to my 17 year old sister and was 32 asking her on a date, I would grab a shot gun.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1379 on: November 10, 2017, 11:44:00 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2017, 11:50:11 PM by Kamala Claus »

A thirty-something year old man dating a 17 year old may not be illegal, but it is predatorial.

A thirty-something year old man who is in a position of power (like assistant DA) is a recipe for silencing victims. It's textbook abuse.

As for why he would not deny all of it, maybe it's so mouthbreathers like you believe him for every thing he says? He admits to only doing things that weren't explicitly illegal - so that people think he is completely honest on everything because he admitted something that he could've denied.

People who commit such acts are sociopaths and the subtly lying tactics that Moore is using is incredibly sociopathic.

also uhhhhh boy Clinton was impeached? He was acquitted.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1380 on: November 10, 2017, 11:49:37 PM »

Something not being technically illegal does not make it moral or ethical. If someone went up to my 17 year old sister and was 32 asking her on a date, I would grab a shot gun.

At least no one can say you're not a true Texan, then.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1381 on: November 10, 2017, 11:53:39 PM »

The more I hear about these allegations, the more I believe they are true. Moore needs to step aside.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1382 on: November 10, 2017, 11:55:55 PM »

The more I hear about these allegations, the more I believe they are true. Moore needs to step aside.

I applaud you for putting country before party, we need more Republicans like you.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1383 on: November 10, 2017, 11:59:52 PM »

I agree it’s very odd and creepy but this is 40 years ago he has been married for 35 years if it turned this happened within the past 35 years I would unendorsement because then he’s cheating on his wife.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1384 on: November 11, 2017, 12:03:03 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2017, 12:04:53 AM by Kamala Claus »

I agree it’s very odd and creepy but this is 40 years ago he has been married for 35 years if it turned this happened within the past 35 years I would unendorsement because then he’s cheating on his wife.

Really? Cheating is the straw that breaks the f[inks]ing camel's back? Not statutorily raping a 14 year old girl or committing sexual assault and then lying about it?

I'm a partisan hack, and you're the f[inks]ing worst hack I've ever met.

F[inks] you for enabling predators like Moore
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1385 on: November 11, 2017, 12:03:36 AM »

Err, are you saying that because he wasn't married at the time of pursuing teenage girls, you are fine keeping your endorsement, or did I misunderstand that?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1386 on: November 11, 2017, 12:03:58 AM »

I applaud you for putting country before party, we need more Republicans like you.

This. Also, I would encourage you to vote for Jones as a punishment to the Republican party. Tell them to give you a quality candidate.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1387 on: November 11, 2017, 12:05:20 AM »

Talked to may family. Of those I have spoken to, none will vote for Moore. All are evangelical Christians and most are Trump voters.

Very commendable. Good for them.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1388 on: November 11, 2017, 12:05:55 AM »

This. Also, I would encourage you to vote for Jones as a punishment to the Republican party. Tell them to give you a quality candidate.

I don't live in Alabama, but if I did I would've been a Jones supporter from the start. I'll take a moderate good 'ol boy Democrat over a raving theocratic madman any day.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1389 on: November 11, 2017, 12:07:13 AM »

I agree, it’s very odd and creepy, but this is was 40 years ago.  He has been married for 35 years.  If it turned this happened within the past 35 years, I would unendorsement because then he’s would have been cheating on his wife.

F

See me after class.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1390 on: November 11, 2017, 12:09:19 AM »

Greedo, genuine question - how old are you?
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1391 on: November 11, 2017, 12:10:56 AM »

Err, are you saying that because he wasn't married at the time of pursuing teenage girls, you are fine keeping your endorsement, or did I misunderstand that?
That’s sort of what I said I would unendorse him if he is cheating on his wife OR it comes out the 14 year old is not lying so that’s why I want more evidence then just one person claiming it.
The other ones are non story’s.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #1392 on: November 11, 2017, 12:11:37 AM »

Born in 2001, if I remember correctly.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1393 on: November 11, 2017, 12:12:34 AM »

I agree, it’s very odd and creepy, but this is was 40 years ago.  He has been married for 35 years.  If it turned this happened within the past 35 years, I would unendorsement because then he’s would have been cheating on his wife.

F

See me after class.

Lol I realized afterwards about the  endorsement error, on my new post I fixed it Wink
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1394 on: November 11, 2017, 12:13:06 AM »

Born in 2001, if I remember correctly.
I just turned 16.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1395 on: November 11, 2017, 12:16:35 AM »

I would be all in for Jones but I really don't like his stance on abortion.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #1396 on: November 11, 2017, 12:16:41 AM »

Sue Bell Cobb really would’ve locked up this race at this point. Shame she’s running for a governor and not for this seat.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1397 on: November 11, 2017, 12:17:10 AM »

What the fuck does "Benjamin Harrison he is w" even mean?
Okay that was an error and I hate it. I really want it fixed/changed.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1398 on: November 11, 2017, 12:17:26 AM »

Don't confuse such a statement as a repudiation of Moore as a candidate for whom he will vote. Such is the reality of "Alabama independents".
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1399 on: November 11, 2017, 12:17:50 AM »

What the fuck does "Benjamin Harrison he is w" even mean?

Was trying to type "Benjamin Harrison he is woke" but fell asleep before he could finish
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies