Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:37:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 145137 times)
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: December 08, 2017, 01:16:24 PM »

Moore said in September that the last time America was great was when we had slavery, and despite slavery "families were united". Someone should tell Moore that slaveowners broke up slave families and sold them separately, destroying familial bonds and ruining already ruined lives.

And most of Alabama probably agrees with him

Pretends to be shocked
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1801 on: December 08, 2017, 01:43:34 PM »

A recollection of what Moore has said over the years:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/12/08/roy-moore-america-was-great-in-era-of-slavery-is-now-focus-of-evil-in-the-world/?utm_term=.6af5e25bd398
kyc0705

« Reply #1802 on: December 08, 2017, 01:47:12 PM »

So, you know how you try on different outfits for an occasion? I'm auditioning different gifs to use, assuming Moore wins.

Do you like this one...

...or this one?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1803 on: December 08, 2017, 01:50:55 PM »

Heavy rain in northern Virginia means Jones is screwed.

Seriously lol. I am probably the second- or third-most skeptical of Jones' chances on Atlas, and I am tempted to predict the opposite of whatever LimoLiberal (R-VA) predicts. Remember how Republicans were going to defeat Mark Mullin and John Bell in VA and Democrats make no gains while Gillespie wins?

If you're third, then who is second? lol
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1804 on: December 08, 2017, 01:52:24 PM »

If Bobby Bright, Parker Griffith, or Craig Ford ran for this seat they would have one. Doug Jones is too liberal to win in Alabama. And most of the teenage girls were over the age of 16 which is the age of consent in Alabama. And the 14 year old would be a legal violation and many people don't believe she's telling the truth enough that they'll vote for him anyway and hope he didn't do it. If the Senate Ethics Committee investigates and proves he did it they'll likely expell him. Then Mo Brooks would likely run in another special election. If they can't prove he did it then a pro-life, pro-gun Democrat could run in 2020 and put the seat in play.

Parker Griffith?? LOL

And Mo Brooks is a whole lot more popular on this forum than he is in Alabama.

The fact that they are pro life and support the second amendment would help them. Some conservatives would be open to supporting them.

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?fips=1&year=2014&f=0&off=5&elect=0
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1805 on: December 08, 2017, 02:02:06 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2017, 02:21:10 PM by Arkansas Yankee »

Did she say when she added the date and the printed restaurant date?

For you folks from Rio Linda:  if she embellished the notation, why can someone not believe she might not have embellished the details of what happened.  Like maybe he did not grab her.  Maybe he did not bruise her.  You all heckled the stepson.  Maybe he is the truth teller.  Did the other accusers embellish? Was their collusion?

Weeks ago I laid out the problems with the double dates and the printed restaurant name.

Moore still has a problem with completely denying the notation. I told you we needed a handwriting evaluation.  Gloria would not authenticate the signature.  Now it is too late for an authentication.  It would not be wrong for the GOP voter for a GOP seat to vote for Moore to get the Senate investigate the whole matter.  Or maybe Jones can ask for a delay in the election.

I told you Gloria was not your friend.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1806 on: December 08, 2017, 02:08:22 PM »

As a neutral Austrian observer of this race, what "scandals" or opposing points are known and can be brought forward against the Democrat Doug Jones - other than his position in favour of abortion ?

Please explain in a non-biased fashion (I only know Moore's history, scandals and quotes, but almost nothing about Jones ...)

Thx.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1807 on: December 08, 2017, 02:12:32 PM »

This may also lead some GOPERS who were going to bolt to just stay home. 
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1808 on: December 08, 2017, 02:13:30 PM »

Jesus, this guy is a suspected pedophile, hardcore theocrat, and now a Putin apologist... could he be any worse?
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1809 on: December 08, 2017, 02:14:50 PM »

As a neutral Austrian observer of this race, what "scandals" or opposing points are known and can be brought forward against the Democrat Doug Jones - other than his position in favour of abortion ?

Please explain in a non-biased fashion (I only know Moore's history, scandals and quotes, but almost nothing about Jones ...)

Thx.
Jones really has no scandals or anything. you can tell because Moore is almost totally attacking him for his policy positions and trying to paint him as muh left wing extremist rather than attacking his character or integrity.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1810 on: December 08, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »

If the government was accountable to shareholders, Moore would have never had a chance at power like this. Remember, shareholders dislike bad PR!
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1811 on: December 08, 2017, 02:24:14 PM »

Jesus, this guy is a suspected pedophile, hardcore theocrat, and now a Putin apologist... could he be any worse?

Yes he could have have been a cowardly drunk, who left a young lady in the back of his car to die in a pond.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1812 on: December 08, 2017, 02:24:57 PM »

I think we all owe an apology to EnglishPete. I only owe him a half-apology, since I openly expressed my doubts about parts of the story.

Um, all that happened is the woman neglected to mention that she'd added the date and location below the signature herself... and it was obvious that she wasn't trying to fake his writing when she added it because it looks so different.

This will be convincing to people who are just looking for a reason to shut out the accusations.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1813 on: December 08, 2017, 02:25:40 PM »

Alabama has a very proud 200 year history of being on the wrong side of it. Keep it going.

Roll Tide!

As a University Michigan alumni, I would like some of that roll.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #1814 on: December 08, 2017, 02:28:44 PM »

All she did was add the date and location. How is this controversial?

Why did she not say that she added them in the first press conference? Regardless of whether it's authentic or not, not being entirely honest about it in the first place just fuels the claims of forgery.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1815 on: December 08, 2017, 02:30:12 PM »

By now you either believe Moore is a sexual predator or you don't.
Nothing is going to change any minds on that front.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1816 on: December 08, 2017, 02:34:55 PM »

Yes he could have have been a cowardly drunk, who left a young lady in the back of his car to die in a pond.
Don't try that with me, I've never defended Ted Kennedy.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1817 on: December 08, 2017, 02:39:59 PM »

Why did she not say that she added them in the first press conference? Regardless of whether it's authentic or not, not being entirely honest about it in the first place just fuels the claims of forgery.

RIGHT ON!
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1818 on: December 08, 2017, 02:45:28 PM »

I don't see how she intended to deceive here at all. If you're on Team Moore, you'll grasp at straws here. But the woman was in tears in her interview. No one asked here about the date or location, and she didn't say he put it down there, nor does her case rest on his having written it, and it's obviously not his handwriting.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1819 on: December 08, 2017, 02:49:30 PM »

Do you have that already loaded in a file for easy copying?  It's amazing how many times you bring it up.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1820 on: December 08, 2017, 02:52:36 PM »

Yes he could have have been a cowardly drunk, who left a young lady in the back of his car to die in a pond. .
Don't try that with me, I've never defended Ted Kennedy.

Then do not ask stupid questions.

I never claimed you defended Kennedy.  But your question had an answer.  I am sorry you did not like my answer.  I even believe you could come up with some better answers.  

Furthermore, The Democrat Party did defend him.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1821 on: December 08, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »

Ah, Ted Kennedy. Gets 'em every time! The perfect defense for a kiddy diddler.

Ted Kennedy!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1822 on: December 08, 2017, 03:00:40 PM »

Ah, Ted Kennedy. Gets 'em every time! The perfect defense for a kiddy diddler.

Ted Kennedy!

I'm surprised they still haven't mentioned Grover Cleveland.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1823 on: December 08, 2017, 03:07:30 PM »

If she lied about this, who is to say she didn't make up the whole thing.  This always kind of felt like a Democratic hit piece, but, due to the severity of the allegations, I remained on the fence about whether it was true or not.  Now, I'm very confident that Moore is innocent.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1824 on: December 08, 2017, 03:08:56 PM »

If she lied about this, who is to say she didn't make up the whole thing.  This always kind of felt like a Democratic hit piece, but, due to the severity of the allegations, I remained on the fence about whether it was true or not.  Now, I'm very confident that Moore is innocent.

You guys are a sad bunch to even remotely support such a trash of an excuse for a human being.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies