Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:27:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 46
Author Topic: Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24  (Read 66585 times)
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: March 29, 2019, 11:33:52 PM »

Echo Chamber Narrative Maintenance.  That's all Frodo's capable of these days.

But I'll bite:  I'll willing to see the whole report.
Hollywood
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #501 on: March 30, 2019, 06:14:39 AM »

Cough

Americans' stupidity actually helps Democrats for once! Maybe they have more to gain from being stubborn than previously thought. It's worked for the GOP all this time after all.

It's a poll conducted before people have had a chance to digest the information.  There was also a poll conducted by CNN in which 0% of respondents did not consider the Mueller investigation the most important issue.  This was ignored by CNN commentators, in addition to the 20% that cared about immigration. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #502 on: March 30, 2019, 11:20:37 AM »

2+ years of the Mueller investigation yields nothing, but the Ukranian AG finds tangible evidence against Hillary Clinton of collusion with a Ukranian citizen to influence the U.S. elections.

Okay.  So no collusion.  Now we pin our hopes to obstruction of justice.  A crime for which we have no concrete evidence to substantiate aside from our own opinions and emotional outbursts.  We base our allegations on body language examinations and poker psychoanalysis we conducted while Whitaker was testifying before congress. We Democrats are no more credible or detestable than Nancy Grace.  Hope we win in 2020.  All of our candidates are now toxic, but hopefully white man, I mean Biden, will save us. 

Perhaps, if we work hard enough, we can link Trump to the Jussie Smolett hoax, lol.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #503 on: March 30, 2019, 12:17:48 PM »

Cough

Americans' stupidity actually helps Democrats for once! Maybe they have more to gain from being stubborn than previously thought. It's worked for the GOP all this time after all.

It's a poll conducted before people have had a chance to digest the information.  There was also a poll conducted by CNN in which 0% of respondents did not consider the Mueller investigation the most important issue.  This was ignored by CNN commentators, in addition to the 20% that cared about immigration. 

I'm not saying there is going to be a bomb-shell in the full report.
But the more "people digest the information" and the extreme details in the 400-page Mueller report, the worse it will be for trump (not better).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #504 on: March 30, 2019, 12:49:44 PM »

The Senate is run by McConnell and Pence and they wanted closure to this investigation. Of course, if Schumer was running tge Senate, we would not have gotton this
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #505 on: March 30, 2019, 01:00:00 PM »

2+ years of the Mueller investigation yields nothing, but the Ukranian AG finds tangible evidence against Hillary Clinton of collusion with a Ukranian citizen to influence the U.S. elections.

Okay.  So no collusion.  Now we pin our hopes to obstruction of justice.  A crime for which we have no concrete evidence to substantiate aside from our own opinions and emotional outbursts.  We base our allegations on body language examinations and poker psychoanalysis we conducted while Whitaker was testifying before congress. We Democrats are no more credible or detestable than Nancy Grace.  Hope we win in 2020.  All of our candidates are now toxic, but hopefully white man, I mean Biden, will save us. 

Perhaps, if we work hard enough, we can link Trump to the Jussie Smolett hoax, lol.

Please stop embarrassing yourself , fuzzy. It's genuinely embarrassing to watch.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #506 on: March 30, 2019, 03:46:04 PM »

Please stop embarrassing yourself , fuzzy. It's genuinely embarrassing to watch.

That you say I'm embarrassing myself is usually a sign that I'm on the right track.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #507 on: March 30, 2019, 04:32:06 PM »

That you say I'm embarrassing myself is usually a sign that I'm on the right track.

Sure. Go with that.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #508 on: March 30, 2019, 05:24:21 PM »

I'm not quite sure that all have read the Barr's letter.
Here it is
Dear Chairman Graham and Chairman Nadler,

I write in response to Chairman Nadler's March 25, 2019 letter and Chairman Graham's March 27, 2019 letter, which addressed the investigation of Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller, III, and the "confidential report" he has submitted to me pursuant to 28 C.F.F. § 600.8(c).

As we have discussed, I share your desire to ensure that Congress and the public have the opportunity to read the Special Counsel's report. We are preparing the report for release, making the redactions that are required. The SpecialCounsel is assisting us in the process. Specifically, we are well along in the process of identifying and redacting the following: (1) material subject to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) that by law cannot be made public; (2) material the intelligence community identifies as potentially compromising sensitive sources methods; (3) material that could affect other ongoing matters, including those that the Special Counsel has referred to other Department offices; and (4) information that would unduly infringe on the personal privacy and reputational interests of peripheral third parties. Our progress is such that I anticipate we will be in a position to release the report by mid-April, if not sooner. Although the President would have the right to assert privilege over certain parts of the report, he has stated publicly that he intends to defer to me, and, accordingly, there are no plans to submit the report to the White House for a privilege review.

Also, I am aware of some media reports and other public statements mischaracterizing my March 24, 2019 supplemental notification as a "summary" of the Special Counsel's investigation and report. For example, Chairman Nadler's March 25 letter refers to my supplemental notification as a "four-page summary of the Special Counsel's review." My March 24 letter was not, and did not purport to be, an exhaustive recounting of the Special Counsel's investigation or report. As my letter made clear, my notification to Congress and the public provided, pending release of the report, a summary of its "principal conclusions" - that is, its bottom line. The Special Counsel's report is nearly 400 pages long (exclusive of tables and appendices) and sets forth the Special Counsel's findings, his analysis, and the reasons for his conclusions. Everyone will soon be able to read it on their own. I do not believe it would be in the public's interest for me to attempt to summarize the full report or release it in serial or piecemeal fashion.

As I have discussed with both of you, I believe it would be appropriate for me to testify publicly on behalf of the Department shortly after the Special Counsel's report is made public. I am currently available to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on May 1, 2019 and before the House Judiciary Committee on May 2, 2019.

Finally, in the interests of keeping the public informed as to these matters, I intend to make this letter public after delivering to you.

Sincerely,
William P. Barr
Attorney General

Pretty transparent, no?
Also, Mueller will be assisting in "preparing the report for release, making the redactions that are required".
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #509 on: March 31, 2019, 02:27:27 AM »

I'm not quite sure that all have read the Barr's letter.
Here it is
Dear Chairman Graham and Chairman Nadler,

I write in response to Chairman Nadler's March 25, 2019 letter and Chairman Graham's March 27, 2019 letter, which addressed the investigation of Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller, III, and the "confidential report" he has submitted to me pursuant to 28 C.F.F. § 600.8(c).

As we have discussed, I share your desire to ensure that Congress and the public have the opportunity to read the Special Counsel's report. We are preparing the report for release, making the redactions that are required. The SpecialCounsel is assisting us in the process. Specifically, we are well along in the process of identifying and redacting the following: (1) material subject to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) that by law cannot be made public; (2) material the intelligence community identifies as potentially compromising sensitive sources methods; (3) material that could affect other ongoing matters, including those that the Special Counsel has referred to other Department offices;1 and (4) information that would unduly infringe on the personal privacy and reputational interests of peripheral third parties2. Our progress is such that I anticipate we will be in a position to release the report by mid-April, if not sooner. Although the President would have the right to assert privilege over certain parts of the report, he has stated publicly that he intends to defer to me, and, accordingly, there are no plans to submit the report to the White House for a privilege review.3

Also, I am aware of some media reports and other public statements mischaracterizing my March 24, 2019 supplemental notification as a "summary"4 of the Special Counsel's investigation and report. For example, Chairman Nadler's March 25 letter refers to my supplemental notification as a "four-page summary of the Special Counsel's review." My March 24 letter was not, and did not purport to be, an exhaustive recounting of the Special Counsel's investigation or report. As my letter made clear, my notification to Congress and the public provided, pending release of the report, a summary of its "principal conclusions5" - that is, its bottom line6. The Special Counsel's report is nearly 400 pages long (exclusive of tables and appendices) and sets forth the Special Counsel's findings, his analysis, and the reasons for his conclusions. Everyone will soon be able to read it on their own. I do not believe it would be in the public's interest for me to attempt to summarize the full report7 or release it in serial or piecemeal fashion.

As I have discussed with both of you, I believe it would be appropriate for me to testify publicly on behalf of the Department shortly after the Special Counsel's report is made public. I am currently available to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on May 1, 2019 and before the House Judiciary Committee on May 2, 2019.

Finally, in the interests of keeping the public informed as to these matters, I intend to make this letter public after delivering to you.

Sincerely,
William P. Barr
Attorney General

Pretty transparent, no?
Also, Mueller will be assisting in "preparing the report for release, making the redactions that are required".

Oh, I've read it. It's about as transparent as the toxic sludge Trump has imported to DC from his home sewer. I'm just not certain that you (or many others) understand the deep problems with it. Here are some of them:

1. Appropriate House committees have both need and clearance for all the above. These might be acceptable excuses for delaying a public release of the report. As reasons for refusing to hand the full report to select House Committees, this treads the line on criminal behavior.

2. Since Barr holds the view that the President cannot be indicted and beyond that, cannot commit the crimes of which he is suspected, it is possible that he will remove all information with a possible negative effect on Trump's reputation from the report, using this as an excuse. (You may think this would be too blatant. Keep reading.)

3. Given Trump and his administration's habit of blatant lies and public gaslighting, their word is worthless. I predict there will be executive privilege claims if the report contains anything Trump doesn't like. (How would he know? Barr's son-in-law has been 'advising' the President on "legal issues" since mid-February.)

4. Indeed. What kind of deceitful and incompetent jackwagon would possibly call Barr's earlier letter a summary?

5. Oh, the same person who wrote this letter, apparently.

6. And, it's now a summary of the report's "bottom line". That's interesting, because in his previous letter, Barr stated, "I believe that it is in the public interest to describe the report and to summarize the principal conclusions reached by the Special Counsel and the results of his investigation."

7. "I do not believe it would be in the public's interest for me to attempt to summarize the full report." I would swear I'd heard someone write the exact opposite of that somewhere. (See Note 6.)

When was Barr lying? On March 24th, when summarizing was in the public interest, or on the 28th when he stated the exact opposite? Why have "the results of the investigation" vanished from his description? What on earth would possess anyone to think this man possess enough credibility to judge pumpkins at the county fair, much less the criminal behavior of the President of the United States?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #510 on: March 31, 2019, 06:06:53 AM »

Whataboutism and strawmen are never the right track, muchacho.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #511 on: March 31, 2019, 08:49:16 AM »

Once a Dem is prez, the tax returns of Trump would be looked into and Russian money will be uncovered. Dems shouldn't be discouraged by this
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #512 on: March 31, 2019, 09:23:19 AM »

Cite?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #513 on: March 31, 2019, 12:48:54 PM »

Whataboutism and strawmen are never the right track, muchacho.

Call some of your red avatar friends on that one.

That's just my snarky reply to a guy who makes name-calling and insults a way of life around here.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #514 on: March 31, 2019, 01:19:09 PM »

NBC polling is backing the CNN poll that found the Barr letter has not changed anyone’s mind
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #515 on: March 31, 2019, 01:53:19 PM »

NBC polling is backing the CNN poll that found the Barr letter has not changed anyone’s mind

That's about where his approval was on November 7, 2016.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #516 on: March 31, 2019, 02:08:09 PM »

If trump received no significant gains in trust from the public (regarding Russia) in these polls, it's only going to get worse (not better) for him once details of the 400-page investigation are released. All the fine details will be scrutinized by the media and House investigation committees for the next 2 years.
Thatkat04
« Reply #517 on: March 31, 2019, 02:09:41 PM »

That's about where his approval was on November 7, 2016.

But he wasn't the incumbent and was running against an equally unpopular opponent.

Fact of the matter is no incumbent president has won re-election with double digit negative approval ratings. Bringing up 2016 which was a unique situation doesn't discount that.

Now, we're over a year away and I guarantee you Trump's numbers will bounce up and down as we get closer so I'm not making a prognosis on Trump's re-election chances.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #518 on: April 01, 2019, 11:01:06 AM »

Neoliberals like Neera Tanden and Howard Dean smeared true leftists like Jimmy Dore and called them conspiracy theorists. Now, they've been proven right. Russiagate is just another hoax to distract from the corporatist influences corrupting the democratic(or as I like to call it, the republicrat) party. But Tulsi can change all this, VOTE HER FOR 2020!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #519 on: April 02, 2019, 04:00:29 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2019, 04:31:50 PM by Ghost of Ruin »

The guy who plays the President on the Republican Dystopia reality show seems very unhappy that people might see the report that clears his name.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #520 on: April 02, 2019, 06:51:57 PM »

The guy who plays the President on the Republican Dystopia reality show seems very unhappy that people might see the report that clears his name.

Hmm, that's quite the change of tune.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #521 on: April 03, 2019, 04:24:31 AM »

It blows my mind that Trumpists don't understand that if he was innocent, he would want the report open to the public ASAP. Only a guilty person would be acting like this. YOUNG children can figure this kind of thing out.

I guess a certain percentage of his base know but don't care. Their orange fuhrer is above the law in their eyes and they cannot WAIT for martial law. I'm not saying martial law will actually happen.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #522 on: April 03, 2019, 07:48:23 PM »

It blows my mind that Trumpists don't understand that if he was innocent, he would want the report open to the public ASAP. Only a guilty person would be acting like this. YOUNG children can figure this kind of thing out.

I guess a certain percentage of his base know but don't care. Their orange fuhrer is above the law in their eyes and they cannot WAIT for martial law. I'm not saying martial law will actually happen.

Remember when Trump said that pleading the fifth indicated automatic guilt? Yeah, neither does he.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #523 on: April 04, 2019, 01:52:04 AM »

NYT: Some on Mueller’s Team Say Report Was More Damaging Than Barr Revealed.

Some of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigators have told associates that Attorney General William Barr did not properly convey how damaging their findings were for President Donald Trump, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The investigators said Barr, in his memo to Congress, did not adequately portray the results of their nearly two-year investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, the Times reports, according to government officials and others familiar with their frustrations. Investigators have concerns that Barr was able to shape the public's initial views of their report with his memo and now, without the report being made public, they are set in that narrative, according to the Times.

https://us.cnn.com/2019/04/03/politics/mueller-investigators-report-worse-for-trump/index.html
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #524 on: April 04, 2019, 05:01:39 AM »

NYT: Some on Mueller’s Team Say Report Was More Damaging Than Barr Revealed.

Some of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigators have told associates that Attorney General William Barr did not properly convey how damaging their findings were for President Donald Trump, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The investigators said Barr, in his memo to Congress, did not adequately portray the results of their nearly two-year investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, the Times reports, according to government officials and others familiar with their frustrations. Investigators have concerns that Barr was able to shape the public's initial views of their report with his memo and now, without the report being made public, they are set in that narrative, according to the Times.

https://us.cnn.com/2019/04/03/politics/mueller-investigators-report-worse-for-trump/index.html

Of course this is the case.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies