Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:20:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 36
Author Topic: Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 50853 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: December 15, 2019, 11:48:04 PM »

He's a Moderate Hero and therefore exempt from criticism.

Well, that, and the Democratic Party as an institution has given up on pretending to have learned anything from #MeToo.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #326 on: December 16, 2019, 01:00:40 AM »

He's a Moderate Hero and therefore exempt from criticism.

Well, that, and the Democratic Party as an institution has given up on pretending to have learned anything from #MeToo.
Does that mean we can revive Al Franken’s political career?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #327 on: December 16, 2019, 02:04:46 AM »

Bloomberg is not a nice guy. But increasingly, I don’t want to vote for a nice guy. I want to vote for someone who, despite being a “big city out of touch (((elitist)))” has far better moral values than Trump or Sanders or anybody of the sort. Something’s just ironic to me that Pete and Michael - the two out of touch people (which yes, is code for gay/Jewish) - are so much smarter/have better morals than “Regular Guys” like Donald or Bernie.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #328 on: December 16, 2019, 04:56:10 AM »

Bloomberg is not a nice guy. But increasingly, I don’t want to vote for a nice guy. I want to vote for someone who, despite being a “big city out of touch (((elitist)))” has far better moral values than Trump or Sanders or anybody of the sort. Something’s just ironic to me that Pete and Michael - the two out of touch people (which yes, is code for gay/Jewish) - are so much smarter/have better morals than “Regular Guys” like Donald or Bernie.

This is kinda oxymoronic because Sanders is Jewish himself.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #329 on: December 16, 2019, 01:53:00 PM »

This is kinda oxymoronic because Sanders is Jewish himself.

Don't let the facts ruin a good narrative.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #330 on: December 17, 2019, 02:57:49 AM »

Confirmed that the whole Moves Like Bloomberg + Fired Intern thing was a hoax.

Pretty sure the Mayor Pete thing is also a lie to try to be funny.  Based on this guy's videos he does a lot of that.

Also, dude has the longest face I've ever seen.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #331 on: December 17, 2019, 12:56:18 PM »

Dude I'm more in the Bloomberg camp every day I'm 1000% voting for him on Super Tuesday here.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #332 on: December 17, 2019, 01:12:29 PM »

Warren smells blood.

Elizabeth Warren is taking on 2020 rival Michael Bloomberg once again—and this time, it isn't over his billionaire status. One day after ABC News reported on Bloomberg's alleged history of making “crude and sexist comments” toward women as the head of Bloomberg LP and fostering a toxic work environment, (...)

Warren took particular issue with women who are currently being prevented by nondisclosure agreements from speaking out about their experiences with Bloomberg. “I think [nondisclosure agreements] are a way for people to hide bad things they've done. And I think that women should be able to speak,” Warren said Monday. “They need to be released from [nondisclosure agreements].”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/12/michael-bloomberg-sexist-comments-elizabeth-warren-ndas
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #333 on: December 18, 2019, 12:42:24 AM »

The Portable Bloomberg? Yawn. This didn't stop him when it was first dredged up nearly 20 years ago-- and made tabloid front pages, no less-- and it won't stop him now.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #334 on: December 18, 2019, 12:46:02 AM »

The Portable Bloomberg? Yawn. This didn't stop him when it was first dredged up nearly 20 years ago-- and made tabloid front pages, no less-- and it won't stop him now.

That was before #MeToo.
Forward
United States

« Reply #335 on: December 18, 2019, 01:23:38 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2019, 02:44:36 AM by Forward »

To be fair, all of these allegations are from the 1980's and 1990's. This was at a time when most Wall Street firms had a "frat house culture" where this type of behavior was rampant. The culture at most Wall Street firms have changed drastically since then, including Bloomberg LP.

FWIW, Bloomberg completely changed and stopped engaging in this sort of behavior after entering City Hall in 2002. He appointed several women to top positions in his cabinet and a lot of them have said that he treated them with the utmost respect and that they couldn't even imagine him engaging in the sort of behavior these women claim he did.

I believe these women 100%, but besides the "kill it" comment and maybe a few others, none of these are bad at all. What guy hasn't said things like "I'd do her" or "Look at the ass on her" to their male friends? The "kill it" comment was bad, but Bloomberg privately apologized to the woman and said he didn't mean it. The fact that some are even comparing this to Trump is absolutely absurd. Trump's sexist behavior is 10 trillion x worse. Additionally, Bloomberg has completely changed and doesn't behave like this anymore, while Trump still engages in sexist behavior. These allegations might marginally hurt Bloomberg, but they will not even come close to ending his campaign.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2020, 03:39:24 PM »

Bloomberg has been on Colbert during the debate:

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #337 on: February 02, 2020, 03:30:08 AM »

Bloomberg Proposes $5 Trillion in Taxes on the Rich and Corporations

Former Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg of New York unveiled a plan on Saturday that would raise an estimated $5 trillion in new tax revenue from high earners and corporations, a proposal that would almost certainly raise his personal tax bill but is less aggressive than those from his most liberal rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination.

The proposal includes a repeal of President Trump’s 2017 tax cuts for high earners, along with a new 5 percent “surcharge” on incomes above $5 million per year. It would raise capital gains taxes for Americans earning more than $1 million a year and maintain a limit on federal deductions of state and local tax payments set under the 2017 law, which some Democrats have pushed to eliminate.

For high-earning owners of businesses that are not organized as corporations, it would repeal a tax deduction granted by the Trump tax cuts — and it would partially repeal Mr. Trump’s income tax cuts for corporations, raising their rate to 28 percent from 21 percent. Before 2017, the top corporate rate was 35 percent.

But the plan notably does not endorse the so-called wealth tax favored by several of the more liberal candidates in the race, like Senators Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders. Such a tax has gained popularity among voters, but Mr. Bloomberg’s advisers believe it could be ruled unconstitutional — a concern shared by some progressive legal experts.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #338 on: February 02, 2020, 03:39:55 PM »

I don't know why people are saying the guy has no charisma. He's really funny here:

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #339 on: February 02, 2020, 04:33:00 PM »

Bloomberg would be a strong general election candidate against Trump, but I still can’t see a scenario where he wins the nomination.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #340 on: February 02, 2020, 05:10:42 PM »

Bloomberg would be a strong general election candidate against Trump, but I still can’t see a scenario where he wins the nomination.
LOL, Bloomberg wants a box to stand on during the debates
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #341 on: February 02, 2020, 07:24:03 PM »

Bloomberg is a neoliberal fascist
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #342 on: February 02, 2020, 07:26:31 PM »

Hopefully your use of this increasingly meaningless word has now finally killed others', especially on the left, desire to use it.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #343 on: February 03, 2020, 08:22:05 AM »

I would've agreed with you, but if Bernie does well in the early states and Biden flags, I'm starting to see a path.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #344 on: February 03, 2020, 12:21:18 PM »

Hopefully your use of this increasingly meaningless word has now finally killed others', especially on the left, desire to use it.
Why would I abandon a useful word just because the dumbest person on this website uses it incorrectly?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #345 on: February 03, 2020, 07:18:54 PM »

I don't know why people are saying the guy has no charisma. He's really funny here:

It's true though, Fallon is a charisma quasar.

Oh, you meant Bloomberg!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2020, 10:52:55 AM »

Since he's now doubling spending, I wonder how much the dude will actually have spent in total if he ends up the nominee? More than a billion for sure.
amdcpus
« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2020, 05:49:04 PM »

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-primary-d/national/

Steadily rising in the polls ever since he joined. Now in a solid 4th and nearly in double digits, at 9.9% nationally.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #348 on: February 05, 2020, 07:03:38 PM »

Post Iowa and I can see a path for Bloomberg. Black and Latino Democratic primary voters are not as hostile to him as the media would think...... and he’s been taking Trump head on unapologetically......
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #349 on: February 05, 2020, 08:50:06 PM »

Post Iowa and I can see a path for Bloomberg. Black and Latino Democratic primary voters are not as hostile to him as the media would think...... and he’s been taking Trump head on unapologetically......

Wouldn't he have to win something on Super Tuesday? If he somehow gets a state and Biden or Buttigieg do poorly, than I can see him getting momentum as a moderate candidate, but otherwise I really doubt it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies