The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:42:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 173541 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: January 20, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »

I did say that I wouldn't have enough time to do things properly for a few weeks (several times I think). There's a reason why I tried to get other people to take the job instead of me.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #501 on: January 21, 2009, 04:45:02 AM »

The senate is dead.  Good thing we elected the most competent PPT Tongue, I didn't think I had enough time for the job, but apparently five minutes is more than enough

When the Senate falls into inactivity, it's not usually the fault of any single person.
The PPT informed the chamber of his position and was still unanimously approved.
There is a Vice President (and if needs be, a Dean of the Senate) who can also manage Senate business.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #502 on: January 21, 2009, 03:29:47 PM »

The senate is dead.  Good thing we elected the most competent PPT Tongue, I didn't think I had enough time for the job, but apparently five minutes is more than enough

If you would have ran....
I most likely would not have won, it was actually your support of Al that convinced me it was an uphill battle not worth fighting Tongue
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #503 on: January 21, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »

I am considering contesting the Northeast Senate seat in February.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #504 on: January 21, 2009, 07:01:01 PM »

Cheesy
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #505 on: January 21, 2009, 09:32:15 PM »

Good to hear. Smiley
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #506 on: January 22, 2009, 02:10:33 AM »

I'm rumoured to be running for President?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #507 on: January 22, 2009, 02:19:09 AM »

That's odd. I guess he figures that the SDP will probably get someone in the race & as a cabinet member, you're as well positioned as anyone.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #508 on: January 22, 2009, 04:39:14 AM »

Yes - SPC started the rumour.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #509 on: January 22, 2009, 10:36:51 PM »

That's odd. I guess he figures that the SDP will probably get someone in the race & as a cabinet member, you're as well positioned as anyone.

Precisely
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #510 on: January 23, 2009, 11:16:15 PM »

Attention: The National Weekly Atlasian's Presidential Straw Poll is now underway, so if you wish to express support for a preferred candidate, please vote in the poll. Thank you.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #511 on: January 24, 2009, 04:43:36 PM »

I've been busy and haven't gotten around to discussing this with you, but it would be a travesty if you did not.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #512 on: January 24, 2009, 07:32:44 PM »

I've been busy and haven't gotten around to discussing this with you, but it would be a travesty if you did not.

Agreed. He has my support wholeheartedly if he decides to persue such an endeavour this February.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #513 on: January 26, 2009, 11:08:15 PM »

AndrewCT wins NWA Straw Poll
by South Park Conservative

Outgoing Senator AndrewCT narrowly beat President Bgwah in the second National Weekly Atlasian Presidential Straw Poll, beating the President by a 6-5 vote. This victory may improve the chances of Andrew entering the race, and increases the likelyhood of a competitive presidential race. However, for historical perspective, in the first National Weekly Atlasian straw poll in October 2007, President Wixted tied Lt. Gov. Sensei 7-7. However, Wixted went on the win a landslide victory against token opposition later that month.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #514 on: January 26, 2009, 11:13:09 PM »

What's funny is that even though Bgwah ran for an open seat with a more serious opponent, he won much more decisively than Colin did.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #515 on: January 26, 2009, 11:19:36 PM »

What's funny is that even though Bgwah ran for an open seat with a more serious opponent, he won much more decisively than Colin did.

Well, that was mostly because of disgruntled progressives writing-in the runner-up for their nomination. The problem then was that the progressives sought to make a formidabble challenge to Colin by uniting under a single candidate, which they had a primary for. The situation backfired when Colin won their nomination, with Polnut in second and Sensei in third. It seems that the reason for Bgwah's landslide was due to Mr. Moderate dropping out, the dawn of conservatism during Mr. Moderate's term, and Afleitch's failure to present a running-mate.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #516 on: January 26, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »

Well, that was mostly because of disgruntled progressives writing-in the runner-up for their nomination. The problem then was that the progressives sought to make a formidabble challenge to Colin by uniting under a single candidate, which they had a primary for. The situation backfired when Colin won their nomination, with Polnut in second and Sensei in third. It seems that the reason for Bgwah's landslide was due to Mr. Moderate dropping out, the dawn of conservatism during Mr. Moderate's term, and Afleitch's failure to present a running-mate.

It was also a symptom of the NLC's decline. As late as June 2008 they would have easily won any such contest. However, the NLC had been descending into inactivity ever since they were beaten decisively in the August elections. Furthermore, the JCP had picked up some new blood & the RPP threw its full weight behind Bgwah.

Really, October 2008 was when it became clear that the NLC old guard had lost its grip over the national scene.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #517 on: January 27, 2009, 04:36:58 AM »

Nonsense.
In case you didn't notice, there was only one valid option on the ballot last time.
It was the most predictable Presidential election in Atlasian history.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #518 on: January 27, 2009, 05:12:46 AM »
« Edited: January 27, 2009, 05:14:36 AM by Senator PiT »

Nonsense.
In case you didn't notice, there was only one valid option on the ballot last time.

As far as I could tell, most people didn't realize that afleitch/write-in wasn't a valid ticket until Lewis mentioned it.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #519 on: January 27, 2009, 05:50:15 AM »

Nonsense.

As far as I could tell, most people didn't realize that afleitch/write-in wasn't a valid ticket until Lewis mentioned it.

Even given that, afleitch never stood a chance given the lack of a declared running-mate.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #520 on: January 27, 2009, 06:46:47 AM »

Agreed. He has my support wholeheartedly if he decides to persue such an endeavour this February.

Thank you both for your support. I haven't made up my mind, but I am probably leaning towards running. I want to talk it over with a couple of people before making a final decision. I am quite concerned about the lack of activity in the Northeast and I want to make sure that we have a good Gov/Lt Gov team in place for the election.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #521 on: January 27, 2009, 07:57:58 AM »

Nonsense.

Even given that, afleitch never stood a chance given the lack of a declared running-mate.

I knew that at the time. It was either that plus write-ins, or no formal opponent.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #522 on: January 27, 2009, 02:47:12 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2009, 02:48:45 PM by bgwah »

I think I probably could have beaten Mr. Moderate, but it would've been a very close election with high turn-out. Which is why it's such a travesty that he dropped out at the last minute.

I would like to see Jas run.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #523 on: January 27, 2009, 04:12:01 PM »

To ensure your re-election? Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix