2009 New Jersey Governor's Race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:22:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2009 New Jersey Governor's Race
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 79
Author Topic: 2009 New Jersey Governor's Race  (Read 320676 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: July 15, 2009, 11:44:11 AM »

Stop hiding your posts within the quotes.

This guy can't be serious...

I keep "hiding my posts" because you keep quoting them after you see that I've made a typo.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yep, that's it.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #601 on: July 15, 2009, 11:47:20 AM »

You just said that you did not know what it meant.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #602 on: July 15, 2009, 11:49:29 AM »

You just said that you did not know what it meant.

I said I didn't know what this meant...

They know the 'negative,' because Corzine let them know the 'negative.'

As if people suddenly aren't going to care about things they've been typically afraid of just because Corzine made them afraid?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #603 on: July 15, 2009, 11:51:17 AM »

Thanks for proving my point.

I'm sick of people not reading posts.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #604 on: July 15, 2009, 11:51:55 AM »

How did I not read your post?

Be gone, dope.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #605 on: July 15, 2009, 04:32:45 PM »

15. Jon Corzine's ads say Christopher Christie is too close to former President Bush. Is this a fair criticism of Christie or should Corzine focus on state issues?

Focus on Issues 77%
Fair Criticism 10%

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #606 on: July 15, 2009, 04:45:36 PM »

15. Jon Corzine's ads say Christopher Christie is too close to former President Bush. Is this a fair criticism of Christie or should Corzine focus on state issues?

Focus on Issues 77%
Fair Criticism 10%

And any guess among that 10%, or even the 13% apparantly undecided, were ever likely to vote for Christie in the first place? Good luck turning this line of attack into reelection, Jon.

Now, if Corzine could parlay that attack into convincing voters that Christie will run NJ as governor the same way Bush ran the country, then he might have a shot. That is going to require attacking Christie on his stance on issues, though. Merely connecting him to Bush by virtue of appointment will only help a little in solidifying the base quicker.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #607 on: July 15, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »

Corzine released some sort of ad linking Christie with Mark Sanford, Bush, Cheney, Palin, Romney and Rudy Giuliani.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #608 on: July 15, 2009, 04:55:06 PM »

Corzine released some sort of ad linking Christie with Mark Sanford, Bush, Cheney, Palin, Romney and Rudy Giuliani.

I'm surprised he didn't include Hoover while he was at it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #609 on: July 15, 2009, 04:57:09 PM »

I think there was another outrageous connection that was made. I'm forgetting who the other controversial figure was in the ad.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #610 on: July 15, 2009, 09:21:33 PM »

I think there was another outrageous connection that was made. I'm forgetting who the other controversial figure was in the ad.

Steele.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #611 on: July 16, 2009, 04:07:01 PM »

I was ignoring the 2000 data point simply to provide the most optimistic of numbers for Democrats and to show that Christie is outpacing even the best of trends.

Still, I urge caution because of Daggett. He's going into the election with over $1 million and he'll be in the debates. If he starts taking away more votes from Christie than Corzine (which seems to be the early trend, anyhow), he could prove a real spoiler and we could see a situation similar to Illinois 2006.

Also, don't forget that Corzine "found" the money to restore property tax rebates to middle and low income homeowners. While neither your parents (nor mine) will benefit, people more likely to support Dems will be getting a nice check with Corzine's signature on it come October.

It's very possible to see Corzine winning a three-way race with 44% or somesuch.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #612 on: July 16, 2009, 04:40:21 PM »

And a PS for our out-of-state friends: Corzine is backing away from his nobody reality show pick and is now leaning towards a female Passaic County freeholder that no one has heard of (black too, of course).

Affirmative action is a bitch.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #613 on: July 16, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »

How did I not read your post?

Be gone, dope.

It's obvious when you respond, as if I were saying something else.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #614 on: July 17, 2009, 01:58:08 PM »

WTF???  Chris Christie has just released a statement in support of the confirmation of Sodomizer.  This is disgraceful and I am seriously considering changing my support to Daggett
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #615 on: July 17, 2009, 02:39:03 PM »

It's likely a simple political move, but I'm not happy with it.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #616 on: July 17, 2009, 03:41:26 PM »

WTF???  Chris Christie has just released a statement in support of the confirmation of Sodomizer.  This is disgraceful and I am seriously considering changing my support to Daggett

Who cares? He doesn't have a vote, and she's going to be confirmed with 80+ votes anyway. And this guy has argued in front of judges many times, he knows what a qualified judge is.

And he also says SHE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HIS CHOICE. Stop being such a far-right nut.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #617 on: July 17, 2009, 03:48:58 PM »

Who cares? He doesn't have a vote, and she's going to be confirmed with 80+ votes anyway. And this guy has argued in front of judges many times, he knows what a qualified judge is.

And he also says SHE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HIS CHOICE. Stop being such a far-right nut.
I am entitled to momentary rage Tongue
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #618 on: July 17, 2009, 04:40:39 PM »

I am entitled to momentary rage Tongue

If it was so "momentary", why do you have a signature thing supporting Daggett? Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #619 on: July 17, 2009, 04:43:26 PM »

Because its short-lived, but intense Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #620 on: July 17, 2009, 04:54:08 PM »

"Sodomizer", huh? Well, that's new.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #621 on: July 17, 2009, 05:39:07 PM »

You mean you're suprised?

Christie is just a latter-day version of Clifford Case.

He's a liberal.

He is on record for his support of illegal aliens.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #622 on: July 17, 2009, 06:14:31 PM »

Exactly...he doesn't have a vote so he shouldn't be pandering on shit like this. I'm sure he thinks this is brilliant, too. "I'll say I would vote for her so the Dems can't corner me!" This allows them to bring up his views on other stuff and they'll be able to say, "Hey, we didn't start this. Bringing up Bush and Co. is justified!"

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So someone is now a far right wing nut for calling Christie out for a ridiculous pander? Give me a break.

By the way, saying she wouldn't have been his choice proves my point (posted above) - this allows Corzine to ask, "Well, who would you have chosen? How do they feel about x, y and z?"

For the record, I really don't care about this but pandering on this is really silly and can cause more problems.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #623 on: July 17, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »

Oh, I absolutely agree that this was really unnecessary. I think this just shows he has future ambitions beyond governor, but maybe that's just me. Smiley

Oh, and my point about being a "far-right nut" was his saying that he was switching to Daggett because of it, not because of calling Christie out. Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #624 on: July 17, 2009, 11:22:49 PM »

Oh, I absolutely agree that this was really unnecessary. I think this just shows he has future ambitions beyond governor, but maybe that's just me. Smiley

Oh, and my point about being a "far-right nut" was his saying that he was switching to Daggett because of it, not because of calling Christie out. Wink

Actually, I think switching to Daggett is just DWTL being silly. Isn't Daggett running as an independent minded centrist?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies