Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:40:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 154056 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: August 14, 2013, 04:02:16 PM »

I received this message on Facebook yesterday.

"BUSHIE CANNOT STAND YOUR PESTERING WAYS BE NICE OR HE'LL FLEW THE CUCKOO'S NEST...DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN TO POOR JEFF JR!!!"

I have no idea who the person who sent it to me is. The profile had no picture.

rofl

Sounds like jamestroll.  LOL.

I am friends with Jamespol. Maybe he made a fake profile? The person had requested my friendship for months and I finally added him only to receive that message...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #826 on: August 14, 2013, 04:04:54 PM »

Anybody else think Bushie is lying about his grades? Whenever everybody starts picking on him about the same thing, the problem magically goes away. Pretty darn suspicious.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #827 on: August 14, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »

Who is HWWBR? jfstmc? Or one of Bushie's many great Oklahoma acquaintances who occasionally pop in to offer their perspectives?

it would be classic if it were his cad instructor.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #828 on: August 14, 2013, 05:35:18 PM »

LAP 4 test came in with a 92.  This means I am halfway through the first course.  3 out of the last 4 LAP's are real short, LAPs 5, 7, and 8.  LAP 6 is a long one.  Still, though, I should have the first course conquered by the end of next week and be ready to start the second course on Monday, August 26.  The second course is only 45 hours (7 1/2 days), so I should have that done by the end of the first week of September and move on to the third course by Monday, September 9.  Those are my goals anyhow.  I feel a lot better about the way things are going now than I did just 36 hours ago.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #829 on: August 14, 2013, 05:41:12 PM »

Anybody else think Bushie is lying about his grades? Whenever everybody starts picking on him about the same thing, the problem magically goes away. Pretty darn suspicious.

This time, I'm not lying, believe it or not.  While I cannot share my scores visually with the forum, at least at this point, I can assure you, I have passed LAP's 3 and 4 both with a 92 on the first try.  LAP 3 was originally an 88 (which was still passing), but he is going to give us a question back that the answer key was wrong, which makes it a 92.  LAP 4 was originally a 92, and will stay at a 92.

After LAP 5, I've got Performance Test 2 which I'll take Friday morning.  Friday afternoon, I should start LAP 6.  I hope to have LAP 6 finished by the end of the day Tuesday before I start on LAP 7 Wednesday. LAP 8 Thursday and Performance Test 3 Friday Morning and Final Test 1 Friday Afternoon.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #830 on: August 14, 2013, 07:37:38 PM »

Everybody asleep?  This is two nights in a row that I've had good news and crickets were heard chirping.  C'mon guys!  Let's play!  Risking a lot here!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #831 on: August 14, 2013, 07:48:37 PM »

No, I'm happy for you if you are telling the truth. I was just out at dinner and didn't have time to respond earlier. Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #832 on: August 14, 2013, 07:50:04 PM »

No, I'm happy for you if you are telling the truth. I was just out at dinner and didn't have time to respond earlier. Wink

I know and I understand.  I'm just bored. Smiley  It's better to talk with you than have a brief!
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #833 on: August 14, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »

tl;dr
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #834 on: August 14, 2013, 08:43:47 PM »

I know and I understand.  I'm just bored. Smiley  It's better to talk with you than have a brief!

Than a brief relaxation? Nothing wrong with that. I may go have one now...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #835 on: August 14, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »

Everybody asleep?  This is two nights in a row that I've had good news and crickets were heard chirping.  C'mon guys!  Let's play!  Risking a lot here!

No offense, but I'm only reading this thread for more news on AndrewCT.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #836 on: August 14, 2013, 09:16:34 PM »

No offense, but I'm only reading this thread for more news on AndrewCT.

You're missin' out, man!  Good stuff!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #837 on: August 14, 2013, 10:11:55 PM »

Have you met any new friends or girls in your classes yet, Bushie?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #838 on: August 15, 2013, 03:11:25 AM »

I think you're using too much technical jargon and too many acronyms now, we're all lost and too lazy to learn.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #839 on: August 15, 2013, 05:37:36 AM »

Have you met any new friends or girls in your classes yet, Bushie?

There are only 5 ladies.  1 is deaf, 1 is in high school, 3 are married.  All five are friends, along with all the young men.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #840 on: August 15, 2013, 08:28:39 AM »

All five are friends, along with all the young men.

You mean all five are friends with each other, or all five are friends with you?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #841 on: August 15, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »

All five are friends, along with all the young men.

You mean all five are friends with each other, or all five are friends with you?

Should say friends of mine.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #842 on: August 15, 2013, 11:04:34 AM »

What a nightmare. No eligible women in that class? This season has been a snoozer so far.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #843 on: August 15, 2013, 11:09:53 AM »

What a nightmare. No eligible women in that class? This season has been a snoozer so far.

There's a high schooler there for a lolita moment, Dukey.  But, alas, Bushie won't notice her.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #844 on: August 15, 2013, 11:51:21 AM »

You should go for the deaf one, Bush.  I once had a BJ from a deaf girl and we'd only ever passed noted - no conversation.  Very cool.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #845 on: August 15, 2013, 11:54:58 AM »

There's a high schooler there for a lolita moment, Dukey.  But, alas, Bushie won't notice her.

He needs a girl with daddy issues. It would be perfect for him given his mommy issues.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #846 on: August 15, 2013, 03:50:46 PM »

He needs a girl with daddy issues. It would be perfect for him given his mommy issues.

I'm not interested in these types as more than just friends and classmates.

Anyway, Day 9 is in the books.  I am almost finished with LAP 5, will take the test tomorrow.  I didn't get quite as far as I wanted, but that's actually not a bad thing.  It's doubtful I will start LAP 6 until Monday, maybe Tuesday, as the instructor needs to re-write some of the LAP's.  The problem is the LAP's were written 3-4 years ago using the 2011 book.  We are now in the 2012 book, soon going to the 2014 book and the chapters don't quite line up from the 2011 to the 2012.  Chapter 11 in the 2011 book is like Chapter 21 in the 2012 book.  This leaves Chapters 12-21 in the 2011 book as Chapters 11-19 in the 2012 book.  It is very confusing right now.  This is a problem that is just getting worse.  For one, the performance test that I took earlier this week was way too difficult than it needed to be, by the instructor's own admission.  He had me finish it just because it is good practice.  In another instance, LAP 4 was real screwy because there was a chapter to read that didn't even exist, or not that we could find, in either the 2011 book, 2012 book, or even going back to the 2009 book.  11 of the 25 questions on the LAP 4 test had to do with that one ghost chapter, that's almost half.  Because of that, he is adjusting the scores on that test significantly to count for that and just scoring the 14 relevant questions.  There is a chance he may throw that test out entirely.  Now, I was talking yesterday that he was going to adjust the scores of the second and third exams because of poorly worded questions.  He upped my score on the second exam from 70 average to 76 average and the third exam from 88 to 96.  All this mess is going to cause problems on the Final Comprehensive Test for the first course which I should take early in the last week of August which is 100 questions.  There are at least 15-20 questions already that are going to be a mess.  We have even tested out LAP's 6-8, yet.  Stay tuned!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #847 on: August 15, 2013, 04:25:48 PM »

It sounds like that class is really poorly run if the professor keeps throwing out tests and apologizing for giving you such bad tests. That, or he's a poor professor.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #848 on: August 15, 2013, 05:43:32 PM »

It sounds like that class is really poorly run if the professor keeps throwing out tests and apologizing for giving you such bad tests. That, or he's a poor professor.

He probably makes about $280/week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #849 on: August 15, 2013, 06:11:38 PM »

The lessons are just outdated.  They were created 3-4 years ago under earlier versions of the book that has been since updated.  It's nothing major, just need to rewrite the lessons or make due with what we've got.  We'll probably do both.  He's a great instructor, because he doesn't equate the textbook and testing system as the "Bible of CADD" so to speak.  He likes the book, but it's incomplete in his mind, but he is not afraid to change things up that he thinks will benefit the class more than just reading words out of a textbook.  There are some things that are used widely in AutoCAD that are not mentioned in the book, anywhere.  Things that make life a whole lot easier for the drafter.  He also did not have time to review the lessons before the start of class, because he was just hired literally a week before class started.  So, of course he had a lot of teacher orientation to go through while trying to prepare for the class.  He is going to spend all weekend redesigning the lessons for the rest of the course.  Thankfully, his knowledge is superior to most as he has nearly a quarter century in the field, since 1990.  He says the problem is he knows "too much".  He let us take a look at his resume and he was in the EXACT same position we are in in the 1989-1990 school year and got a job immediately afterward as an Entry Level AutoCAD drafter.  I do not doubt his knowledge in the field nor his ability to teach one iota.  Being new and fresh out of the field, he brings fresh ideas to the curriculum.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies